Closed Thread

Thread: Bicep Injury

GuntherGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep Injury

Hi,

I have been lifting for about a year and a half and had some questions regarding a bicep injury I had today. While doing single arm cable curls at a moderate weight I felt a pain in my left outer bicep when twisting/suppinating it at the top of the rep (no popping/ripping sound). I decided to not do anymore biceps for the workout and finished shoulders with light pain. It is now a few hours later and the upper outer portion of my bicep has an aching feeling to it and the strength of my left bicep is much lower than that of my right although i can still flex it (with slight discomfort). I also have some slight pain in my shoulder. There is no bruising or abnormal look to the bicep itself. My questions regarding this are the following:

1) Does this sound like a potential bicep tear and how would one tell the difference between a partial and full tear?

2) Is it possible to tear bicep at the top of the rep when its contracting because all of the injuries and reports ive read mentioned people injuring themselves on the negative portion of the rep when there is more tension on the bicep to hold the weight?

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    We are not doctors.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.