Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    I'm out...currently eating a ribeye omelette while I'm reading your diet specs. I have to say though it's almost better than sex. Sorry, I'm probably not helping...
    OK, I am getting a mixed message here. Are you in or out? Is ribeye omelette a fancy name for meatballs on top of eggs?

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am interested in this thread. I find I can get through the day on whatever cals I want, but I become a raging a$$hole (yeah, I know, plus ca change ), regardless of what my deficit is. So on balance I would prefer to cut massively for a short time, than be an a$$hole for ages. I had always assumed that was kind of a nuts plan though.

Also, who is Iopli, and what did he do to you?
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VonP77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in for becoming as gaunt as possible this summer! But not sure how much further I can go (uploaded a gallery photo this morning, I'm getting pretty thin as is...)

Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    I am interested in this thread. I find I can get through the day on whatever cals I want, but I become a raging a$$hole (yeah, I know, plus ca change ), regardless of what my deficit is. So on balance I would prefer to cut massively for a short time, than be an a$$hole for ages. I had always assumed that was kind of a nuts plan though.
    I don't like or do long term cuts either, its too mentally time consuming. I get around it by eating in a 6 hour window everyday so I never feel like I am controlling my calories. The fat has been creeping on me so this 30 days is just an assault on it. I think mayo and ketchup were the only things I needed to eliminate but now that I have started I am going to follow through. (I am too stubborn/lazy to track calories but doing this made me realize it is important if you are serious. I still won't do it when I am finished but I am done with ketchup and mayo.)

Originally Posted by VonP77 View Post
    I'm in for becoming as gaunt as possible this summer! But not sure how much further I can go (uploaded a gallery photo this morning, I'm getting pretty thin as is...)
    Awesome. Not sure I myself am going for the 'gaunt' look but we all have different goals. GL.

I was thinking last night you know. So I am going to make sure I get 150g of protein daily for these 30 days and I am adding squats. I can't afford the risk of losing muscle. Will go up to 225 high rep squats every second day added into my bodyweight workout.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Xscoot View Post
    I know right. Jesus. I thought you were going to give me advice that rivalled Buddha and you come with this. Damn Bo...
    Nope. No Siddhārtha Gautama quality adivices from me on an extreme style cut since I have never done one and would just be talking out my ass.

Here is a little tip I learned while prepping for contests, though. When I am about two weeks out and my calories are at their lowest, I move 60% of my carbs to my pre-workout meal. This is the only time I have ever found that meal timing makes a dime's worth of difference.

If you find you start to get tanked by your workouts, shift your carbs to 60% pre-workout, and then spread the remaining 40% equally throughout the day. That's a little trick I learned from Layne Norton, and it works. You'll still feel like hell AFTER the workout, but at least you'll get through it with some pump.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Nope. No Siddhārtha Gautama quality adivices from me on an extreme style cut since I have never done one and would just be talking out my ass.

Here is a little tip I learned while prepping for contests, though. When I am about two weeks out and my calories are at their lowest, I move 60% of my carbs to my pre-workout meal. This is the only time I have ever found that meal timing makes a dime's worth of difference.

If you find you start to get tanked by your workouts, shift your carbs to 60% pre-workout, and then spread the remaining 40% equally throughout the day. That's a little trick I learned from Layne Norton, and it works. You'll still feel like hell AFTER the workout, but at least you'll get through it with some pump.
    Thanks. I am too stuck in my ways of working out fasted in the morning and not eating until late in the day even though I know you are right.

Will take same picture everyday with same clothes at same time on same bat channel.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks. I am too stuck in my ways of working out fasted in the morning and not eating until late in the day even though I know you are right.
    Yeah. It's not necessary, but just something to keep in mind if you start feeling super tanked in the gym. Ultra low calories can really f'ck with your performance. And oh... here is another tip I posted in another thread about performance at low calories... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1441501091

Yeah. It's not necessary, but just something to keep in mind if you start feeling super tanked in the gym. Ultra low calories can really f'ck with your performance. And oh... here is another tip I posted in another thread about performance at low calories... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1441501091
    That thread gave me a headache reading it. I looked into those and eat avocados to help with the daa and thinking lots of vegetables/fibre will rid the E. If I start to feel it I may look into adding Zinc. Will this work?

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sub'd lets see some results
    ~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

Originally Posted by EthanHun View Post
    Sub'd lets see some results
    Thanks and Welcome!

That thread gave me a headache reading it. I looked into those and eat avocados to help with the daa and thinking lots of vegetables/fibre will rid the E. If I start to feel it I may look into adding Zinc. Will this work?
    Prior to using the DAA/Triazole concoction, I was eating all of the natural T boosting foods and natural anti-E foods I could. My hormone levels still tanked when I dropped in the ~7-8% range. Here is a link to a brief post I recently made on the topic: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1441518511

Prior to using the DAA/Triazole concoction, I was eating all of the natural T boosting foods and natural anti-E foods I could. My hormone levels still tanked when I dropped in the ~7-8% range. Here is a link to a brief post I recently made on the topic: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1441518511
    Awesome. Thanks. Don't know if I will ever get to those low levels but I now know what to do when/if I do. What do you think about the EC stack? I have some and was thinking of taking 16/150 x2 for the next 30 days. I took them years ago but at a much higher dose with good results but coming off them was tough. I might as well go all out here. I am going to get some blood work done tomorrow. I will get a full blood count/kidney/liver/thyroid/Test function tests and then another when done. Any specific test that would be useful? Thanks.

Awesome. Thanks. Don't know if I will ever get to those low levels but I now know what to do when/if I do. What do you think about the EC stack? I have some and was thinking of taking 16/150 x2 for the next 30 days. I took them years ago but at a much higher dose with good results but coming off them was tough. I might as well go all out here. I am going to get some blood work done tomorrow. I will get a full blood count/kidney/liver/thyroid/Test function tests and then another when done. Any specific test that would be useful? Thanks.
    I've never tried any EC stacks. The practice is banned by the federation I complete in, so my knowledge on the subject is simply limited to what I've read. ID is the resident expert on EC stacks. He has a lot of knowledge AND experience. It would be worthwhile to pick his brain.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    There is a journal section.

You're mucking up BH's private journal emporium that is the O35 Misc.
    Lol!

I'm in if I can do an extreme recomp. no pics
    start where you are

Originally Posted by caprica6 View Post

I'm in if I can do an extreme recomp. no pics
    You on dat high profile job time where you can't show a body pict too?

Ate about 1000 calories yesterday. (Salmon/cabbage/mushrooms/onions/eggs/few potato chips) I am not feeling hungry or obsessing about food at all. Today I am going to eat whatever I want up to 1200 calories. Was thinking of maybe a double quarter pounder/ice cream cone and some veggies but not sure yet.

Had a quarter pounder/ice cream cone/protein powder/apple/banana and vitamins yesterday.

Felt pretty crappy yesterday. My bowel movements are usually every morning like clockwork. Haven't had one in three days. Not cool. Had a tablespoon of flaxseed yesterday. Hope this helps. Got through my workout with added squats (extra loud Batushka helped a lot) but I can't say it was easy. Heart rate seemed elevated all day. I don't feel hungry at all but I don't think this is the healthiest or safest way to go. I am only going 30 days and I think the day 14 refeed will help so I am not too worried about it but I would never go longer then this unless I was really obese and under direct medical supervision.(AC made a good post on it) And like so-tex said it really is kind of fxcking stupid.

The good news is my waist is looking a lot better already and I am starting to see cuts. Its probably a coincidence but mentally I feel better and have gone 9/9 in my last 3 days sports picks and threw away picks that I would normally have taken because I saw something I didn't like. I am going to take ID's advice and pick up some Leucine this morning. Seems like it has some good science to back it for it to be a good supp to add for low protein/calorie diets.

Today is going to be 1000 calories of mainly high protein vegetables.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good morning.

You on dat high profile job time where you can't show a body pict too?
    Nah. Results will be a bit underwhelming, that's all.

i weighed 127.5 lbs a few days in a row. (The scale here only gives measurements in .5 lb increments.) Today I weighed 128.5 lbs but I know I'm retaining water. I measured myself while i had breakfast in my belly, but it looks like the measurement at the narrowest part of my waist has gone down.

Gym access will be inconsistent for half of this thread. If I have time today I'll upgrade my gym membership to an "anywhere" pass, so that'll help.

Re. my diet, I maintain through portion and proportion control. When I lost weight initially i kept a food journal but I don't anymore. Right now I'm limited to soup and soft food due to an issue with a tooth, so I'll have to do some food prep, (not typical for me), since I'll be on the road for a bit.

I'm attending a wedding in late June and I have to wear a sari blouse that was tailored to fit me. I can pinch about an inch of fat on the back of my arms right now, so that's my wiggle room. Hypertrophy there is fine as long as I'm disciplined enough to trim a bit more of this fat.

Also, I'm checking in using an older iPad right now. The pages jump around on me when loading, so I end up clicking on profiles and threads by mistake. I just made four attempts to click reply to this thread and ended up on your profile four times, X. Sorry abt that.
    start where you are

Good morning.
    Nah. Results will be a bit underwhelming, that's all.
    I looked through your pictures and just wanted to see more . I know I'm being crass here but you are pretty much smokin. I couldn't/wouldn't do this if I was as busy as you so props for that.

Myosinisthick,actinisthin Niklebust's Avatar
    Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10) Niklebust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, I'm 17 and been doing the same thing as you the last 5 days, Good luck! Interested to compare results =)
    I'm mad, but I ain't stressin

fuuu. O.O thanks, X.

I saw the "toning and shaping" thread. The standards over here are too damned high. I'm struggling to look like the average fit older chick at the mall.

Nikle, you're at a great age for building muscle. Unless you've been gaining a lot of body fat recently, I would hold tight/eat whatever you've been eating and be active.

This is just a pic of my scale this morning.

Attached Images
    Last edited by caprica6; 05-14-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    start where you are

Originally Posted by Niklebust View Post
    Hey man, I'm 17 and been doing the same thing as you the last 5 days, Good luck! Interested to compare results =)
    Awesome bro! Lets do this. (Man I wish I were 17 again )

fuuu. O.O thanks, X.

I saw the "toning and shaping" thread. The standards over here are too damned high. I'm struggling to look like the average fit older chick at the mall.

Nikle, you're at a great age for building muscle. Unless you've been gaining a lot of body fat recently, I would hold tight/eat whatever you've been eating and be active.

This is just a pic of my scale this morning.

Even your scale is sexy!

Felt a lot better yesterday. Got some Allmax Leucine and some Zinc. Don't know if it was placebo or not but I think it was after I ingested the Leucine. Ate mostly vegetable and a few meatballs. Wasn't really hungry at all yesterday. Going to implement what BoFlex suggested. I don't want to eat until around 4 or 5 so I will bump my workout until after I have a preworkout shake with carbs/Leucine. Too hard doing squats fasted that long without getting dizzy. Will eat 1200 calories today but I have no idea what.

Leucine seems to have a lot of good and bad associated with it. For my long term goals I perfer less mTOR protein and will go back to a lower protein diet with no added leucine after this 30 days. I can't get nowhere near 150 even now. I am getting anywhere from 70-100 last few days.

Didn't like working out later in the day. It was only once but carbs before workout didn't make me feel any better/stronger. Going back to morning fasted workouts. Very tough to workout on low calories but I managed. Dry mouth for last couple of days is annoying. Good news is all measurements are the same except waist which has gone from 36 to just over 34. I know this is likely more water/bloat then fat but its the direction I was hoping for. Ate 3 cups of peas/chicken/milk/protein powder/banana and vitamins with added zinc. Still not feeling deprived of food but I am used to not eating until late in the day so its not so tough. Don't miss mayo and ketchup at all, I can taste what the food is supposed to taste like so that's something I guess.

the scale - she's aight.

127 today. I have a bunch of errands to run so I don't know if I'll make it to the gym. Just before lunch I swam for about an hour.
    start where you are

Was talking to a guy who competes yesterday and he told me to eat organ meats. I picked up some organic beef liver/kidneys (while they did have hearts I just don't think I could stomach them just yet) Cooked them up yesterday (lots of seasoning) and then about 30 minutes after I felt like I could run a marathon. Energy was through the roof. This morning I feel like myself again. He says it will carry over to workouts so we will see later this morning.
    Last edited by Xscoot; 05-16-2016 at 08:02 PM.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll do 1500 with you for the next 2 weeks to coincide with the June thread going on but that's about my limit.

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    I'll do 1500 with you for the next 2 weeks to coincide with the June thread going on but that's about my limit.
    Excellent! You have 20lbs on me so it will feel like 1200 for you. Can you let me know how you feel overall doing it etc.. Thanks. Are you starting today?

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am on about 1750 cals per day. I can tell you how it feels.
    It feels as though when I wake up in the morning, a honey badger is standing on my bed, staring down at me. As I fully awake, the honey badger starts tearing at my abdomen, presumably trying to get to the hornet's nest inside. This makes the hornet's angry, and they start stinging furiously at the cavity of my now viscerated torso. The honey badger meanwhile is being stung by furious waves of hornets, but simply backs away from me with a huge section of my lower intestine in his teeth, tearing the rest of my intestines away from my stomach cavity, further enraging the hornets.
    The day usually gets worse from that point on.
    Other than that, it's just fine.
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    I am on about 1750 cals per day. I can tell you how it feels.
    It feels as though when I wake up in the morning, a honey badger is standing on my bed, staring down at me. As I fully awake, the honey badger starts tearing at my abdomen, presumably trying to get to the hornet's nest inside. This makes the hornet's angry, and they start stinging furiously at the cavity of my now viscerated torso. The honey badger meanwhile is being stung by furious waves of hornets, but simply backs away from me with a huge section of my lower intestine in his teeth, tearing the rest of my intestines away from my stomach cavity, further enraging the hornets.
    The day usually gets worse from that point on.
    Other than that, it's just fine.
    LOL that was funny. Need to get up and get some coffee in you. That drives away the Honey badgers and hornets