Closed Thread
    Brandon056 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing strength on chest while cutting but other lifts are increasing and maintaining

I've been cutting since March 14, 2016. 210lbs to currently 180lbs. Throughout my cut I've been getting stronger in my lifts and able to move more heavy weight in my back, triceps, biceps. On legs, my lifts are maintaining which is good, because I can still front squat 385lbs. But chest on the other hand, seems to be getting weaker and weaker. My max was 300lbs, and I was able to do sets and rep 225lbs for 5x5 with 30 sec - 1 minute rest. However, now I only can do 225lbs for sets of 2-3 reps. It seems to get harder and harder. I can barely hit 275lbs max on a good day. Any thoughts of what it could be? Is it lack of energy due to cutting all carbs? Am I cutting to much? Will I get that strength back after I finish cutting?

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!

Well, first, unless you're a newbie, it could happen that you loss strength during a cut. You lost 30lbs, and you only lost 2-3 reps from pressing, so, isn't that bad. In fact, losing 30lbs and only 2-3 reps from your chest, is, in relative strength, increasing strength, since you weigh way less.
    Now, havind said that, you could increase your pressing volume and/or frequency, since this could be a plateau. If you're doing only once a week, increase to two or three, splitting the volume or increasing it a bit. Also, there is no need to only rest 30 secs between sets, that is going to suck up strength from your next set.
    Lastly, cut until you reach where you want to be. And yes, maybe after you finish cutting your strength could came back, if your programming is on point.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    You have posted this thread multiple times already, give it a break, or take one.
    Eat the damn yolk.