Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    nrdreamz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What's up fellow MASS Monsters.
    My names Christian and I just recently joined this forum. Check me out on the gram to get to know me or to rate my physique! @official_wonderboy

inky04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rate my appearance. I'm trying to look more feminine by walking instead of powerlifting like I used to. I was told by several men I look like a 15 year old boy. Please be honest.
    I don't wear makeup, so my eyes look weird in this photo. somewhat bad quality.
    height: 173cm
    current weight: 157-163 lbs
    bmi: 25% with some muscle (not of 25% pure fat)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by inky04; 10-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

2heavy4you is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Introduction

Hello, 18 year old mixed race (arab-white) guy from Sweden
    Morbidly Obese at a solid 331lbs / 149,6kg. At least 40% bodyfat, 5'10 short
    No education over 9th grade (passed 7 out of 16 subjects) because I'm stupid, No job obviously.
    All i do is sit at my mothers house, eat, play games and sleep + hitting the gym occasionally
    No friends because I never leave the house
    Might be depressed - or maybe I'm just lazy, who knows
    Trying to change my life for the better before it's too late

- 2heavy4you

CordtheSeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone. Call me Cord. I just signed up a few minutes ago.

Short version of my story: Back in 2009 I weighed 315 lbs and my daughter was 6. I knew that I had to do something if I was going to live to see her be 26, or 56. So I changed my lifestyle. Ate less, moved more.

And it worked! In a year I lost 90 lbs. I went from couch potato to lifting heavy and running far. I was in the best shape of my life! Getting stronger, tougher, faster, and keeping the weight off.

And then.. in 2012 I was out for my morning run and I had a heart attack. The resultant recovery threw everything out of whack. I gained some weight, but I was able to get back to running and lifting. Six months after the attack I was able to run a 10k. Things were looking good again.

And then...five months after that, a lifetime of latent depression hit me like a hammer. I almost lost my job; I almost committed suicide. The energy required to pull my life together, to keep going and taking care of my family, took all that I had. Diet and exercise were the first things to be jettisoned in order to stay in the air.

Skip to now, and I am heavier than ever before, still suffering from serious depression, but realising that I can't keep going like this. I have to get my health back.

Today a friend of mine mentioned that she had come back here to her account, and a bell rang in my head. I need a community to talk to, and to help me along.

So, here I am. Hi.

ChrisDK1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi From Sa

Hi all

Im new but not so new i have known about BB.com for a long time just never joined. My weight has been up and down for the past 10 years my max i was was 165kgs or 363lb im now down to 323lb or 147 kgs but ive been a bit of a yoyo up and down i have a gym membership and use it from time to time and try to eat clean and healthy but its difficult so if anyone can quide me with a good fatloss gym plan and a bit of help with the eating plan that will be great. I want to get healthy strong and enjoy life and be around for as long as possible for my family.

Thanks for the site
    Attached Images

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi everyone,

For too long I've been the walking definition of skinny fat. I've been in great shape in terms of my cardiovascular fitness and have performed well in long distance running events, but have never been able to build a decent amount of muscle. As a teenager I was just plain skinny - when I graduated from high school I was 6 foot and 135lb. Over the next couple of years I grew another inch to 6'1" and ate my way up to 175lb, which is the heaviest I've ever been. This gave me a near-perfect BMI, but I looked terrible, with a fat arse (including stretch marks), chunky thighs, love handles and a sizeable gut, while my arms stayed thin (and for some reason I retained fairly solid looking pecs).

I joined a boxing gym, started eating better and within 6 months was back down to 147lb with the best muscle definition I've ever had in my life (although I still had enough fat to obscure my abs). From this point I slowly gained fat until the start of this year, which is when I took my profile pic (and all my other pics at present). My weight then was 170lb, but I was still quite fit from running and boxing training which included a lot of cardio, bodyweight exercise and light weights. The body scanner at my gym read my body fat as 19%.

My first goal was simply to lose some fat, which I did with some 16:8 intermittent fasting, dropping to 154lb by the end of March. Unfortunately, according to the scanner, 5.5 of those pounds lost were muscle, and my body fat percentage had only dropped to 17%. During this time I had started a new job which had me working up to 70 hours per week, so I found myself stressed and going to the boxing gym less often. I was also suffering from bursitis in my left shoulder, which had been preventing me from doing a lot of exercises.

In April, I decided to shift my priority to building muscle, and I started doing calisthenics and lifting dumbells at home. I also began tracking how much protein I was eating and was surprised to find it was only about 0.5 grams per lb of my weight on average. I immediately increased this to 0.8 grams at a minimum, with more on some days. Over the next couple of months I did a slow body recomposition, gaining muscle definition and losing fat while my weight hovered in the mid 150s. By September my abs were starting to show and I decided to try bulking for the first time, which brings me to where I am today - 159lb. I've lost sight of my abs again though, so I've decided to go on a cut to get down to around 12% body fat before bulking again.

I quit the boxing gym as with work and family (I'm married and a father of two) I was finding it too hard to make time to go. I now do three full-body workouts per week at my home gym, where I have dumbbells, a bench and a chin-up bar.

usernombre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in my mid-20s, 185cm (6'1"), and weigh between 155 - 165 depending on the day.
    I've been skinny (i.e. lazy) my whole life, and now I'm looking to build some muscle and add definition.
    You can see progress photos on my profile. Only Day 1 starting photos so far.
    My goal is to add 15 pounds of muscle and improve overall fitness/strength within the next 6 months.

blueclimber is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone! Just turned 29 and thought I'd give this another shot. Did some olympic weightlifting when I was in college. Once that stint was over, I haven't picked up the iron bars since then.

No specific number goals but wanted to get in and re-learn form. Who knows? Maybe this will get me absorbing everything there is to know about body building and nutrition.

AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexisDan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, everyone. I've been talking about how I need to gain some weight for a while now as I'm a chef and burn a lot of kcal.
    I'm not necessarily unhappy with my weight, but want to improve myself. I do not want to work on this proffesionally.

wowfranklin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New here

Hi everyone! Hard gainer here. Chest sucks big time, only workout at home, Lats are growing!

5’ 10’’ ~145 lbs
    Pics album:
    icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0q532ODWGjdSc7

Dar1us is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by inky04 View Post
    Rate my appearance. I'm trying to look more feminine by walking instead of powerlifting like I used to. I was told by several men I look like a 15 year old boy. Please be honest.
    You look great.

Hello everyone, I've been going to the gym for around 2 months now. Used to do a lot of breakdancing ~4-5 years ago so sports weren't new to me but still. Gym experience is a first. Can I have some opinions of my body? I think it's starting to look nice but maybe it's just my sickly narcissism..?
    Attached Images

Registered User givingmoretoday's Avatar
    givingmoretoday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have a very similar weight/body type as me, and similar goals. I'm 6' 155 pounds. Always been skinny too. I eat a lot. Since 6 weeks ago, I've been on a strict diet. My eventual goal is to be to 172-175 pounds while shedding body fat.

Originally Posted by ectoZEN View Post
    Hey all! Not sure if im posting correctly lol but i started going to the gym regularly about 6 months ago. Not sure about dieting, or how exactly to “workout” my “body type”. Im 6’1” 153 lbs. always been SKINNY. I eat like a horse though. Looking for FRIENDS, and a plan to go from 153 to 175 BEFORE next summer, and id like to lose at least 8 lbs body fat,( i want to get under 10%). Looking forward to chatting and exchanging stories

Registered User givingmoretoday's Avatar
    givingmoretoday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey! My name's Mountee. I'm 32. I've been going to the gym on and off for the past 10 years. But never having any significant improvements in my body/appearance until recently. I've always been skinny, and always ate a lot. For the past 8 years one of my goals has been to have a six pack. It's one of those things I always wanted to do. Starting 6 weeks ago I changed my diet and workout goals to finally accomplish that goal of a six pack and I've began to see some progress. I eventually want to be at 172-175 pounds. Currently I'm at 155 pounds, 12.3% body fat, 6' tall.
    Last edited by givingmoretoday; 10-31-2018 at 01:49 PM.

draven512 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intro to sobriety

I’m 34, suffering from depression and anxiety for over 15 years, and have almost always been “skinny-fat”, due to my self medicating with alcohol. I quit drinking a couple of years ago for just one month and had never felt better, but then I lost my mother in law to cancer and started a repeat vicious cycle. More or less trying to start a record here for accountability. I’ve never had problems really eating healthy, just ruin my hard work with beer and wine. My inspiration started with an imgur post where a guy showed photos of himself after 2 years clean. I’m hoping for the same kind of success story, and ready to begin the work!

SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SushiGodd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile Introduction and Goals

Hey everyone! Decided to join this website as I find myself frequenting this site for tips just about every day. A little about myself...
    I am 21 and attend university in New Orleans, LA. I'll be graduating in May and already have a full-time job lined up after college working in New York City, a dream come true! As a senior at school I have practically no work, so I decided to pick up body building as a full time hobby. Over the summer I gained weight and wanted to reverse this. I hired a trainer, did a "cutting" routine and at 1700 calories a day and brought my weight from 165 to 155. This took about 2.5 months and now I am beginning my FIRST EVER bulking routine. I am eating 3100 calories a day with tons of carbs. I am a bit nervous because I have always been skinny my whole life and am scared of gaining fat. I am doing the cleanest bulk possible and hope I can gain muscle mass!!!!

Replies and greetings welcomed

alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexbib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I look forward to nice discussions!

Does anyone know how to get an avatar? I did upload a profile picture to the bodyspace section, but I still get the "no profile picture uploaded" avatar...

Edit: the avatar thing seems to have fixed itself!
    Last edited by alexbib; 11-15-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Magpie93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone, new to this site!

Always browsing forums without signing up so thought I'd make the leap, cheers!

TheOtherDrew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm Drew, a 33 year old Canadian woman.

I've been scrawny my whole life at 5'2" and hovering between 100-110lbs. I was a preemie, so I have a bit of an excuse for being a runt, but I've always been a bit self conscious about my toothpick arms and birdcage ribs. So, I'm trying to put on a bit of muscle.

I've just been starting with basic bodyweight exercises daily to build up my strength before moving on to lifting. I've been at it a little under 2 months and, so far, I'm very happy with my newbie muscles. Ideally I'd like to develop my arms, shoulders & back to look super strong & muscular (hopefully even to the point of looking a bit 'bulky' for a woman).
    Last edited by TheOtherDrew; 11-19-2018 at 04:35 PM.

ᵢ'ᵥₑ gₒₜ cᵤᵣᵥₑₛ... SpeculatorSam's Avatar
    SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SpeculatorSam is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi I'm Speculator Sam. Short-term, trying to get to about 15% body fat give or take 2 percent. From there, slowly work towards becoming a walking anatomical chart... Natty of course for the next 10-15 years :-) I use Fitness to enrich my life and physical health, and help me live it to the fullest.

Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000) Superbod is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is only a face pic so hard to your power lifter body to rate.

Originally Posted by SpeculatorSam View Post
    Hi I'm Speculator Sam. Short-term, trying to get to about 15% body fat give or take 2 percent. From there, slowly work towards becoming a walking anatomical chart... Natty of course for the next 10-15 years :-) I use Fitness to enrich my life and physical health, and help me live it to the fullest.
    Originally Posted by inky04 View Post

Triction is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all!

I'm Chris.
    I started my fitness journey in February this year. With no knowledge and no motivation, until later in the journey, I found myself losing 30kegs to this date!

I'm not excited to start my bulk this week.
    Though, I'm so nervous about the weight gain. Should I expect to gain a large amount of fat, or am I stressing too much for nothing?

Cheers!

Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chiz214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi I'm David,

I started focusing on fitness and working out this past June (2018). I'm currently 16, 165 lbs at 5 ft 8 in with a BMI of 25.5. I hate English class but like math. I look forward to progressing and getting stronger.
    Last edited by Chiz214; 11-28-2018 at 02:50 AM.

kashif123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DossaniPlus Studio is a prime extension of Pakistan’s Largest Online Photography Services and Video Production house. DossaniPlus Studio is a boutique Canadian based studio led by Kashif D. They brought a different style of Photography in the Vancouver Wedding, glamour and corporate industry. Only in their first year of running they met with great success which allowed Kashif D to open a new location in his hometown Karachi, Pakistan.

MCP508 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don’t know how to post pics but I’m 24 6’5” and weigh 163 pounds. On this forum to try and put on weight and muscle. Did starting strength for about 6 months and saw some minor gains. And weighed 173 pounds. Then hurt my shoulder and stopped going to the gym and lost all progress.

BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100) BushMeat is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CordtheSeeker View Post
    Hi everyone. Call me Cord. I just signed up a few minutes ago.

Short version of my story: Back in 2009 I weighed 315 lbs and my daughter was 6. I knew that I had to do something if I was going to live to see her be 26, or 56. So I changed my lifestyle. Ate less, moved more.

And it worked! In a year I lost 90 lbs. I went from couch potato to lifting heavy and running far. I was in the best shape of my life! Getting stronger, tougher, faster, and keeping the weight off.

And then.. in 2012 I was out for my morning run and I had a heart attack. The resultant recovery threw everything out of whack. I gained some weight, but I was able to get back to running and lifting. Six months after the attack I was able to run a 10k. Things were looking good again.

And then...five months after that, a lifetime of latent depression hit me like a hammer. I almost lost my job; I almost committed suicide. The energy required to pull my life together, to keep going and taking care of my family, took all that I had. Diet and exercise were the first things to be jettisoned in order to stay in the air.

Skip to now, and I am heavier than ever before, still suffering from serious depression, but realising that I can't keep going like this. I have to get my health back.

Today a friend of mine mentioned that she had come back here to her account, and a bell rang in my head. I need a community to talk to, and to help me along.

So, here I am. Hi.

Hi Cord, there are some motivation and depression threads on this forum I suggest checking out, because this thread doesn't seem to have a lot of conversation. Good luck on your journey, and just remember, we're all going to make it

SamFlynn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I’m Alex. I weigh 148 pounds and am 6’1”. I’m 18, and I just graduated in May. During high school I ran cross country and track, since then I’ve gained 30 pounds. I like playing video games, watching movies/TV shows, and listening to music. Right now I am currently looking to build muscle because right now I’d either say I’m skinny or skinny fat. So if someone could help me find/create a workout that’d be great. I’m looking to try going into college because I’m disqualified from being in the military and after that I don’t know yet.
    Last edited by SamFlynn82; 11-30-2018 at 08:01 AM.

BlueTazoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, my name is Sean. I've been overweight all my life. My weight has gotten worse over the years. My highest weight was 414lb. I am currently 28 and 322lb. I have been suffering with depression and anxiety most of my adult life.

After years of trying different medications I have finally found a combination that works well. I'm now able to go places and do things on my own without crippling anxiety. I feel very fortunate because I know of others out there who aren't as lucky at finding help.

Recently I have been going to a trade school. I've meet some really nice people and soon hope to have some friends.

Lately, I find myself thinking about my body and ways to improve it. I hear many great things about this site. People here generally want to help others. A rarity in this world.

SamFlynn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the help everyone, oh wait, I didn’t get any. Is this forum even used anymore? I mean seriously?

tauseef12454 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, Tauseef here

Registered User AgelessGemini84's Avatar
    AgelessGemini84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hey

I'm 34. I look younger. I'm a big guy. It was easier in my 20's to stay healthy - ish. I was a chef for twelve years. A slave to stove. I loved every minute of it. Being on your feet 18 to 20 hrs a day kept me fit. Now, I'm back in school trying to stay healthy, active and fit to live longer. It's always been hard for me to gave muscle but fat no problem. I was vegan for 3 months. I ate nothing but bulking loads of cruciferous veggies, red beans and garbanzo beans. Now, I have a girlfriend who is almost 300 and I need to be stronger not just for the "sex" but to a better protector. I'm weak in areas that affect my muscle gain. My lower back hurts. I do frog glutes sometimes. ****, I'm ranting. I'm a cool dude. I love video games, learning about the universe. I'm at a university as a crop science major. I love plants, love food and still love cooking. 😎💯👌😝

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast