Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gsxtreme1987 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP must be a car salesman.

They make a killin i hear.
    VAG Crew

Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheWorldIsUrs View Post
    26? Nikka you atleast 40.
    nope. 27 in a month.

Originally Posted by boutthreefiddy View Post
    Dude I would take it. And if not you can anyways go back. But opportunities you cant pass up and regret later. Take it so you can't ever wonder what if.

Those territories are so much fun. Much better than CA imo. Cost of living is much better. Quality of life is great. If your young there is no better time to make a move and max. Your earnings

However. Don't know how much more difficult your job would be/how sales are in those regions.

so true. reps. would be a nice change of pace geography wise too. brb Jackson hole for the weekend. I'm kinda worried about meeting people though...living in a small town and whatntot. I can barely meet girls off tinder in freaking Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by Wakafc86 View Post
    Unless you have a family (wife, kids etc) at home you would be silly not to take it.
    I gave up a higher salary just so that i was home each night with my family. Once you get into $200k + roles you can live comfortably anyways.
    true that. No family. just a dog. and I board him 2-3 days as it is. I don't even have to move. But I might just for the hell of it.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Insanity_SC View Post
    not sure if I'm a dumbass or not. kinda confused about life right now. on a 4 hr flight home and a few drinks in.

sales region would change from California to WA/OR/ID/MT/UT/WY/CO
    Depends man. I know you like the CA area and you seem to have invested a bit living in the west coast. The money will always be there, and if you're happy here then i don't see why you'd take more money to move and possibly be unhappy. Seems as though you have a kick-ass life right now, especially at your age. Good things will keep coming brah.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rambo3827 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tasteful View Post
    Lol and here I am, would be happy to just make $250/week through something like online so I could chill in some cheap country
    age 41

xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xvicknumber7x has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    op please give me some sales advice. i work with software too and I absolutely blow at my job. getting very discouraged.

JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50) JyzzMagnet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey bra, howd u get into this line of work. any advice for ppl interested in it? college degree? what is your day to day job involve

Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JyzzMagnet View Post
    hey bra, howd u get into this line of work. any advice for ppl interested in it? college degree? what is your day to day job involve
    college degree can be anything but most did business/econ/engineering/social sciences. I'd get some work at a small company first so you can land a more varied, interesting role. just learning. you wont be closing deals probably. then do inside sales for large corporation. it will not be fun but pay is decent (50k-130k depending on many things). get experience and a track record of consistent performance. then either move up in that company, monkey branch between large corporations (most common and usually the best route), or go to a small company or startup in search of increased risk, reward, and varied responsibilities.

day to job is either at home on my laptop answering emails, some calls, making quotes and stuff. 2-4 days a week on the road (flying, less driving) meeting with a few customers for a 1-2 hour presentation/demo/trial training/proposal. I do less actual "work" on the road and save it for when I'm home.

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol good god no. that is On Target Earnings (if hitting quota) total, base + commission.
    Lol I read it as $300k on top as well.....

donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) donblaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lawlstud View Post
    I am skepticle and let me tell you why.

First of all the average CEO in America makes 250k, so you would be making more than the average CEO in America, I can't imagine a sales region worth paying you that much for any product.

That being said let's pretend this is real.

Tell us why you might turn it down, and also understand for people working for a weekly/biweekly paycheck, the more income the lower the happiness. Prime happiness in the United States is right around 72k a year. I don't know what they woudl expect of you, but 300k a year is enough to be on the board of directors for a lot of companies. I make right around there , and I own a business, 1/3 of which that income goes back into the business and work not even kidding 24/7. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep 8 straight hours. I can expect to be woken up around 5-7 times during the night. And I can't ignore these calls, they are from fleets, or large customers, or purchasing managers that need my word on something or else I can jeopardize their contracts with my company.

Any job in the United States paying 300k a year (Which I still believe is false) you can expect to be on the clock 24/7, have insane goals, and stress will always be the bolder on your shoulder.
    Nope, you got it all wrong. Sales, especially ent software, $300k OTE is about the going rate for a senior guy.
    Remember, this job is leveraged, probably 50/50 or 40/60 and usually is not selling a commodity product but strategic enterprise software.

I can vouch, that's legit as I was in the industry selling that stuff too once upon a time

NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000) NegativeX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    CO
    Bolded.
    - /\^/\^Colorado Crew^/\^/\

- [LeanGains/IF Crew]

- \2049 Crew/

- Forever On Recharge Crew

Cras numsquam venit.

cause 100 grand is 100 grand. Which is awesome. but like you said, I like my spot now. I don't know if the new spot will be all it's cracked up to be. it's a question of going after immediate money/raise now or waiting it out in hopes of something better/more desirable to me

and yes, more responsibility with the bigger accounts. More pressure. More internal prying and forecasting calls and all that.

I could keep my place. I don't even live in my region now. Oregon would be my region. They said I could move to CA and still have the PNW as a region. Basically, I can live anywhere.

could move to Boise and save so much $$$
    More money isn't always better. It's about balance. It's important who you will be working with, and who your clients are.
    In the corporate world, I went from making $250ote at around your age and moved to a top ent software company and swung for the fences. 1 in 5 reps make seven figure W2. The potential to make a ton was there, but I was miserable.

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

First of all the average CEO in America makes 250k, so you would be making more than the average CEO in America, I can't imagine a sales region worth paying you that much for any product.

Tell us why you might turn it down, and also understand for people working for a weekly/biweekly paycheck, the more income the lower the happiness. Prime happiness in the United States is right around 72k a year. I don't know what they woudl expect of you, but 300k a year is enough to be on the board of directors for a lot of companies. I make right around there , and I own a business, 1/3 of which that income goes back into the business and work not even kidding 24/7. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep 8 straight hours. I can expect to be woken up around 5-7 times during the night. And I can't ignore these calls, they are from fleets, or large customers, or purchasing managers that need my word on something or else I can jeopardize their contracts with my company.

Any job in the United States paying 300k a year (Which I still believe is false) you can expect to be on the clock 24/7, have insane goals, and stress will always be the bolder on your shoulder.

You're a dumbass. I have a friend in enterprise sales with Tmobile who clears 250k per year. You underestimate sales just because you have no idea what the field is like outside of your limited experience with it (retail).
    535 deadlift.
    *If you can't lift it without straps you can't lift it crew
    *Morrowind is the best game of all time crew
    *Double everything Chipotle Crew
    *Style crew
    *Sig line can't be a novel crew

axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) axiom15 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd take it regardless. You're young, fit, healthy, you can deal with this stress that will come eventually. Take a chance, if its not for you, well at least you can say you tried. On your deathbed you'll ponder on how you should have made this move when you had the chance. Don't do that. What's life without risk

VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VabaX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

thats because the majority of companies are small, and drag the average down a lot. there are tons of professions where you can earn more than an average CEO, especially in a big company where the CEO earns millions. Idk wtf is with the misc's obsession with CEO's and comparing everything to CEOing...
    *says 'negged' but doesnt actually neg crew*
    *half my posts are drunk, the other half might as well be crew*
    Comp lifts S: 205/452 B: 107.5/237 D: 187.5/413
    Starting Strength since Dec '15
    Texas Method since Aug '16

==5'11" - 207lbs==

Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    You're a dumbass. I have a friend in enterprise sales with Tmobile who clears 250k per year. You underestimate sales just because you have no idea what the field is like outside of your limited experience with it (retail).

I'm a sales rep for t-mobile any pull for your friend to get me into corporate?(srs)

Also you never answered my PM brah
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"

xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000) xavengedx23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not actually real age srs
    Holy fukcing reps. Strong post deletions.

Dost thou even hoist? thatblingring's Avatar
    thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100) thatblingring is not very well liked. (-100)
    Lol and here I am, would be happy to just make $250/week through something like online so I could chill in some cheap country
    ☯ These hoes ain't Loyal ☯

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You clearly have no idea how software sales works

Op: a couple things having worked and retired in the same industry...

1) what does your book/established clientele look like in ca vs what your on target goals?

2) does the new territory change who you report to, do you like him/her? What is their track record as svp sales/director/rsm?

3) what is your peer track record based on their goals? Last 1,3 and 5 years?

4) how has the sales org as a whole performed against their goals?

5) how healthy is the company in general?

6) how much does work/life balance mean to you?

If you can answer these questions honestly, think you have a good shot at hitting target without sacrificing too much, then I think you'd be foolish not to take it on as a challenge from a career advancement standpoint.

If there is a single shred of doubt, given the nature of sales. Don't take it.

I built my career in enterprise software sales, retired as a result, and built a small fortune. You will not work 50hr weeks. You won't work 60hr weeks.... Most successful enterprise sales guys in the software industry average 80+.

If all of that is ok and makes sense to you, the reward is great. The people posting in here talking about average CEO salary have absolutely no ****ing clue how business works. Specifically sales at an enterprise level.

Pm me if you have specific questions. I'm on a plane in the am, but will respond by mid morning.
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."

PSN: mrawdtsi
    XBL: Xxmr4wdTRDxX

MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrAWatts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    I'm a sales rep for t-mobile any pull for your friend to get me into corporate?(srs)

Also you never answered my PM brah

Oh sht totally forgot about the pm, never check them. I'm on it bro.

Also I can tell you that he started out in sales, worked as a rep for a long time but was top notch, guy killed it and made over 100k most years as a rep at AT&T. Felt like they were dicking him around and left AT&T to go to Tmobile as an SMB rep. Only worked small business for about 6 months before being promoted to biz development manager over medium biz. Then moved up from there. Killing it on the retail side then jumping over to a biz rep is the best way to get on the path to good money in mobile sales.

edit: also I'm glad so many people could come together in letting lawstud know how retarded he is for making baseless assumptions.
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LiveOnce View Post
    Not true. Most CEOs get paid a very low salary , often below 250. The catch is they have stock and other items which gives them many millions $
    I said the average is 250k per CEO, and that is a fact, not debatable.

Originally Posted by Bromenclature View Post
    300k at 25? dayum.

I make 85 @ 40hrs/ week. So i am as happy as I am going to get you are saying?
    Last year my business did a total of 1.2M gross, I have 12 employees now and about to start a 2nd company (Auction fleets)
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89

R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000)
    op works for saleforce or oracle

Originally Posted by R3nmazuo View Post
    not anymore. company has under 400 employees, been here a couple years now. but I may have been at one of those two, once upon a time ago...

Donblax and mr4wd thanks for the food for thought. awesome stuff. really helps hearing from the guys who've been there and done that
    Last edited by Insanity_SC; 12-22-2015 at 08:47 PM.

mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mr4wdTRD has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are literally hundreds of tech companies paying this kind of salary for established, and successful senior level enterprise sales people right now. Not just salesforce or oracle.....
    Redwings|Badgers|Packers

"A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be."

PSN: mrawdtsi
    XBL: Xxmr4wdTRDxX

Yup or perhaps SAP.

R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000) R3nmazuo is just really nice. (+1000)
    not anymore. company has under 400 employees, been here a couple years now

mirin op's career choice. software sales people can make bank in a matter of months. it is like being a car salesman but on steroids.

Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrAWatts View Post
    Oh sht totally forgot about the pm, never check them. I'm on it bro.

Also I can tell you that he started out in sales, worked as a rep for a long time but was top notch, guy killed it and made over 100k most years as a rep at AT&T. Felt like they were dicking him around and left AT&T to go to Tmobile as an SMB rep. Only worked small business for about 6 months before being promoted to biz development manager over medium biz. Then moved up from there. Killing it on the retail side then jumping over to a biz rep is the best way to get on the path to good money in mobile sales.

edit: also I'm glad so many people could come together in letting lawstud know how retarded he is for making baseless assumptions.

interesting, I'm very good and sales but it seems tough to move up in T-Mobile,I been with the company only 4 months and I am getting better but there are some guys in my store that are beasts and I don't see how I can top some of them.I have the sales and management experience behind me but you can't get promoted unless your a top dog in your store it seems

Not for nothing T-Mobile pays very well RAMs make 60-70k a year which is crazy for retail IMO
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"

Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Malfa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    portland sales brah checking in

Originally Posted by Tough92 View Post
    interesting, I'm very good and sales but it seems tough to move up in T-Mobile,I been with the company only 4 months and I am getting better but there are some guys in my store that are beasts and I don't see how I can top some of them.I have the sales and management experience behind me but you can't get promoted unless your a top dog in your store it seems

Not for nothing T-Mobile pays very well RAMs make 60-70k a year which is crazy for retail IMO

As someone else in the thread mentioned, monkeybranching between companies is generally a faster path to moving up and increasing salary. I'd put in some more time there and continue trying to improve and then use that to leverage into a new position at a competitor. I worked at AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon but then left to start my own business. Did that for a bit and then ended up in as an account manager at another tech company outside of mobile, making a more than I used to.

Wouldn't have been able to get current role without jumping around though. Loyalty to a job and longevity can be good qualities, but they aren't what they used to be in the 50s where you were expected to "stick it out". Gotta look out for yourself because these companies definitely aren't!
    535 deadlift.
    *Style crew

Registered User bootywarrior123's Avatar
    bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bootywarrior123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do it brah. you work for mr ellison?

jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffl1980 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mr4wdTRD View Post
    You clearly have no idea how software sales works

Op: a couple things having worked and retired in the same industry...

1) what does your book/established clientele look like in ca vs what your on target goals?

2) does the new territory change who you report to, do you like him/her? What is their track record as svp sales/director/rsm?

3) what is your peer track record based on their goals? Last 1,3 and 5 years?

4) how has the sales org as a whole performed against their goals?

5) how healthy is the company in general?

6) how much does work/life balance mean to you?

If you can answer these questions honestly, think you have a good shot at hitting target without sacrificing too much, then I think you'd be foolish not to take it on as a challenge from a career advancement standpoint.

If there is a single shred of doubt, given the nature of sales. Don't take it.

I built my career in enterprise software sales, retired as a result, and built a small fortune. You will not work 50hr weeks. You won't work 60hr weeks.... Most successful enterprise sales guys in the software industry average 80+.

If all of that is ok and makes sense to you, the reward is great. The people posting in here talking about average CEO salary have absolutely no ****ing clue how business works. Specifically sales at an enterprise level.

Pm me if you have specific questions. I'm on a plane in the am, but will respond by mid morning.
    I knew you retired young but didn't know it was in sales. I'm on the path to follow your lead but in Circuit board sales (do engineering work as well) if all goes well and I continue on track Ill be in a good spot to retire or just work for myself withing 7- 10 years.
    ▪█───█▪ Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody want to lift no heavy-azz weights. ▪█───█▪