Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Poptarthunter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many exercises?

Okay let's say today I have to do triceps. Normally I do 8-9 different exercises for triceps. In each exercises I do 2 sets medium weight and reps till failure. Then 4 sets heavy weight 12 reps or 15 reps.

I want to know if that's enough or too much? How many exercises you do for triceps? How many reps and how many sets and how much rest time you take between sets? And how long does it take you to finish that exercises, me usually 15 minutes to 20 per exercises, I don't so all 9 exercises all the time but usually 7.

I know I sound like a noob, I have good results through for the 8 months I have been training so I don't think I am doing anything wrong.

Would be really thankful if you guys could answer all my questions in the second paragraph.

stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) stevscrila is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    This is what I did to break out of my little mini-plateau just recently, one year into lifting.

Volume: A lot of it, personally the more volume I get in, the more effective my workout is. I did a back workout with 27 sets (8 real challenging compounds, 3 db rows, 10 lat pulldown variations, and 6 cable rows) and 9 sets of rear delt movements. This might seem like a lot, but honestly you can never have too much rear delt work anyway, it's not the same as training 36 sets of chest which will **** up your shoulders. I do around 12-20 sets overall on chest day.

Weight: For my initial exercises, I will try to do anywhere from 5-10 reps, and in general most of my exercises are in the 8-12 rep range. This is good because with the volume, you are getting a ridiculous amount of volume in, in my experience, volume is better for getting stronger than strength training itself. I used to train heavy, like with 5x5 with like 5 minute rest times but progress was slow as hell and would plateau so quickly. Don't go heavy training with this volume, go medium weight for most of your sets. I personally do one decently heavy set per exercise.

Rest time: This was my biggest problem. Look at your gym clock. You finished your set, it's 4:11, wait until it's 4:12 or even 4:13, proceed with the next set. It can be humbling training so quickly, because you definitely can't do a lot of weight and a lot of sets at this speed, but eventually you'll be able to. Honestly, take 2-3 minutes when you are doing the hard ****, and then take 1-2 minutes for the accessories.

High volume, medium reps, quick rests. Train like a bodybuilder for a while, it's effective for a reason.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Poptarthunter View Post
    Okay let's say today I have to do triceps. Normally I do 8-9 different exercises for triceps.
    doing 8-9 exercises is not normal for any bodypart. run a basic proven routine and stick to it

fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fdowb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    U serious? 3-4

anonymous
    I do three. Sometimes four. Five for shoulders, but then I do some light external/internal rotations for my rotator cuffs.

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Number of exercises I use per body part.

Chest: 2
    Bicep: 2
    Back: 5
    Trap: 1
    Shoulder: 4
    Tri: 3, sometimes pause/rest burnout with a 4th (answer to original post, 2 warmup sets, 1 heavy working set 8-12 reps)
    Quad: 2
    Hams: 2
    Calf: 1

STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEFANOSSS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For triceps I just do tricep pushdowns with this...

5-6 sets,gradually increasing the weight,strict form all the time.Nothing else.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by STEFANOSSS; 04-11-2015 at 08:53 AM.