Man Against Mediocrity WhirlwindTobias's Avatar
    WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Need help in offloading my home gym.

Edit: This is not a classifieds ad!

Just read the sticky, this is more of an advice thread. I'll delete if it's still inappropriate.

Hey guys, cliffs to start:

-Over several years I have purchased a variety of gym equipment
    -Intended to have a permanent home in my hometown where I could set up a room as a personal gym
    -What actually happened is that I have gone from house-share to house-share setting up at the behest of the landlord
    -This house has no viability, so they have been completely unused during this accommodation
    -Now planning to move city and ultimately change country, obviously none of this can come with

The gear:

-Adjustable bench
    -Three sets of dumbbell handles with collars (2x 14" screw and 1x 14' non screw)
    -7' Oly Barbell and butterfly collars (20kg, rated to 320kg)
    -Assorted "pro-style" standard cast iron discs (12x5kg, 4x2.5kg, 4x1.25kg, 4x0.kg)
    -Assorted olympic cast iron discs (2x20kg, 2x15kg, 2x10kg, 4x5kg, 4x2.5kg, 4x1.25kg)
    -Cast iron weight tree (standard size for ease of use)
    -Adjustable utility bench (commercially rated)
    -5kg medicine ball
    -Powerbar 2 door inserted pull up bar
    -Bodycraft F430 power-cage with dip attachments
    -I have a tonne of foam matting but not putting any value on it.

Pictures:

(Image pulled from google)

(Image also pulled from google- mine doesn't come with the exterior J hooks)

The purpose of this thread is for advice on getting this in the hands of someone else, and not losing too much money in the meantime. I live in a town in the UK, rather than city in America so it's not like I can just hop on craigslist and wait for responses. Not to mention it's a lot of gear to offload. Any advice would be appreciated, ask any questions about the gear if you feel so inclined and if you are living in or near the Midlands and want to take it off my hands for a lowered price on account of fuel costs I'm sure we can work something out. Obviously I'm not anticipating the final circumstance to occur on account of this website having a minority UK base.

One method I tried was going into a supplement store that was affiliated with some gyms in the area and they showed some interest, but ended up getting free stuff off their sponsors. They mentioned it if I wanted to flog it to get in touch and they could still take it off my hands, but obviously that is a last resort.

What do you recommend doing?
    Is this gear still worth a substantial amount?

Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by WhirlwindTobias; 03-23-2015 at 04:44 AM.

WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WhirlwindTobias has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    More pictures on account of 8 image limit per post:

Dip attachments:

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    unfortunately average equipment will lose a lot of value when sold.
    Is there a UK version of craigslist? easiest way to sell.
    if gear in your area is hard to come by then it usually fetches a higher price.
    GLWS

oh and that is really not to much gear for most people in the equipment forum.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    Is there a UK version of craigslist? easiest way to sell.
    There is, but UK sections are practically dead. No-one is really aware of craigslist in the UK. Thanks for the response and good luck man.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is that artificial turf or real grass op?
    I love eggs.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are other Brits here in the equipment forum. They can advise on the best places to sell. Where ever you sell, good, well-lighted, in-focus pictures and thorough descriptions always make a difference. Spend the time to do it right. Don't be lazy and throw s--- up on an ad without telling people exactly what brand and model you are selling. And don't use stock photos. Take photos of what you have.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Originally Posted by Redfish225 View Post
    Is that artificial turf or real grass op?
    Artificial.

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    There are other Brits here in the equipment forum. They can advise on the best places to sell. Where ever you sell, good, well-lighted, in-focus pictures and thorough descriptions always make a difference. Spend the time to do it right. Don't be lazy and throw s--- up on an ad without telling people exactly what brand and model you are selling. And don't use stock photos. Take photos of what you have.
    My power cage has been disassembled since I moved, now it's just sitting in the garage in a stack of parts- Hence the stock picture. I'll grab photo's of the powerbar and the dip attachments next time or upon request, at the moment they're piled into the corner with the power cage and I figured stock imagery would be adequate.

I didn't leave any descriptions because the OP was already extensive, but I'm happy to give more information on request. For any sales ads I will obviously go further. Thanks for the clear-cut response Atty.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about Gumtree? I'm not knowledgeable about this, but I was under the impression that it is a popular site in the UK. There is also Ebay, and classifieds in the newspaper. If you are near a university, you might be able to post an ad on a bulletin board somewhere.

Some of the items that you listed above will be in high demand (power rack), others might take a while longer (folding bench).
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    What about Gumtree? I'm not knowledgeable about this, but I was under the impression that it is a popular site in the UK. There is also Ebay, and classifieds in the newspaper. If you are near a university, you might be able to post an ad on a bulletin board somewhere.

Some of the items that you listed above will be in high demand (power rack), others might take a while longer (folding bench).
    Wasn't aware on gumtree, looks pretty promising. Thanks!

As for Ebay, the selling fees have always put me off. Maybe I should make an exception.

Classifieds are the same issue as above, not to mention I seriously doubt anyone here goes looking in the papers for sports equipment. So it would definitely be wasted money.

Will look into bulletin boards, we have them in retail stores but once again not many people pay attention to them. No university here.

I hope the power rack will be in high demand, I've always considered it the most difficult item on account of people being hard pressed to know they even exist. The UK has more of a machine culture due to gyms not even having power racks. It was one of my incentives for having a personal gym in the first place.

My body is ready GreatDutchHope's Avatar
    GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000) GreatDutchHope is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the power rack should sell pretty swiftly. The Netherlands has a machine culture like the UK but that also means there isn't a lot of supply for the few people that do want a home gym. Racks and weights usually sell well. All the other stuff you might have to take a hozing on unless you get lucky.
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R
    ** Knee Draggers Unite **

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You won't struggle to sell any of that stuff OP. If I lived closer I'd even take some of it off your hands lol.

Ebay and gumtree as mentioned above are the only ones worth bothering with even though there are many others. Be prepared to get ****ed about from gumtree users, it harbours most of the UKs nobheads. Ebay is better but you will get raped 20% or so by the time paypal has bent you over. The trick is to place the expensive stuff at just over the market value. That way, you may get lucky and get a bite. Or what will usually happen is that someone will make an offer in private, and they can pick up and pay without involving paypal or ebay- so you just cancel the auction and get charged the minimal listing fee.

If I were you I would sell the rack, bench, and oly set together and throw in the medicine ball. Sell the pullup bar, and offer delivery since it is easy to ship. And sell the dumbbells as a set. Ultimately, if someone wants all of it, they will make you an offer for it all, so make sure you mention the other items you are selling in each listing.

Hope that helps, good luck with it.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()