Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Two lower back injuries within 3 months

Hello! Beginner lifter here, lurked for a good while before making an account, much respect to everyone who's helping people on these forums!

My 1st lower back injury happened 3 months ago. Since then, I really got on top of my DL and squat forms and improved them significantly. I didn't let the injury mess with my head and I was pleased with how well I bounced back out of it. All was fine and dandy until today when I was doing squats. I feel like such a fool because I think I went overboard with the weight, my form broke and with it my back. I should point out that I'm cutting, steadily losing 2-2.5 pounds a week, and that's why I think I shouldn't have been upping the weight each week. My strength gains couldn't keep up with it since I'm at a caloric deficit but I foolishly did it anyway. Now, the injury is minor, I don't feel that much pain in my lower back and I expect to be back at it within 2-3 weeks. That's not the issue. The issue is that I really don't want it screwing up my overall enthusiasm for compound movements. I love them. I fully intend on letting it heal properly, dropping weight, working on form again, all that stuff.

The reason why I'm posting this is while I may think that I "got this" so to speak, maybe I don't and that's why I'd like some advice. I hope my thoughts are getting accross since English is not my first language.

My questions are:

Is what happened to me a typical rookie mistake?

Does sh*t sometimes just happens or should I question stuff other than my overzealousness?

How do you guys deal with injuries? Do you have a set plan in place for when they occur or do you not think about it until it happens?

AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not necessarily, injuries occur to all types of people in any kind of exercise, it just depends on the scenario, and what exactly played out. What happened with you could have been avoided by simply not jumping up in weight drastically in such a short period of time following a back injury. Nonetheless, as long as you keep your head in the right place, recover, rest, and stretch you should be fine. I would recommend visiting a chiropractor if you have not, they really help provide a lot of relief for back pain and discomfort along with personal physical therapy, rest and icing.

As with injuries, stretch out after your workouts. I've been guilty myself at times for not stretching out after exercising and feeling my muscles sore more than usual. I can say I kind of have a plan in regards to sustaining any more back injuries myself and what I can do to provide myself with basic first aid and therapy. It will suck being injured no doubt but at least you'll know what to do.

Shake it off man, learn from your mistake, learn to "read" your body and how it reacts to certain kinds of exercises, weights, intensity, etc. and you should be golden!
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.

0341 Infantry Mortarman

Philippians 4:13 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and without Christ we can do nothing! Joshua 1:9, Colossians 1:9-14
    Pray for all U.S. military troops at home and abroad in Jesus name.

Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sintnit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for input! I definitely don't do enough of stretching and frankly have been putting off educating myself about it. Will look into it. I've also never gone to a chiropractor but it had crossed my mind. The reason I hadn't done it the 1st time was because someone told me that a good local chiropractor here had a year long wait list. I took that info for granted and didn't verify it but I will this time. Hopefully it's false or grossly exaggerated.

DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanLimitless will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You Fail, You Learn, You Try Again.

This principle is for forever. Stop overcomplicating it, you know what to do.