naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How can I help my mom

Hi, so first I'm a 16 years old french guy, i'm lifting at home (i have a squat rack and decent stuff, but w/e).
    My mom used to be a professionnal dancer for 20 years, she's almost 50 now and didn't exercise since a while.
    She's definitely not fat, but she's some fat to loose, so she asked me to help her lose all that fat.
    I told her that she had to eat low calories, do cardio and lift. But when it comes to lifting she says "no I know my body i'm gonna get big quads and huge arms, i'm gonna look like those big guys" and some bull****, i spent an hour trying to tell her she was wrong but she didnt wanna understand so. I'm asking to you ladies (or guys who knows) what i could tell her. I've already looked for a routine, but it seems like girls train the same way as most guys do, but i don't really know.

So if you could give me some advices i'd really appreciate, thanks for reading and soz for the bad english

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have her read this article: http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...tiple-benefits

...it briefly explains the changes in body composition as we age. If she were to begin lifting, she'd be working on regaining the lean mass she's lost over the decades which will make it easier for her to regain a lean appearance. The combination of not challenging her body with resistance training and too much calorie restriction is going to make matters worse in the long run as it can contribute to more rapid lean mass loss and make it difficult to maintain any positive results she'll have in the short-term (loss in scale weight/clothes fitting better).

Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emi827 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    explique lui qu'elle n'a pas besoin de faire beaucoup de musculation... Elle peut faire des poids moins lourds, mais avec plus de répétitions, ce qui va travailler son endurance. Aussi, juste le fait qu'elle bouge un peu et fasse de l'exercice (même si ce n'est pas de haute intensité) va l'aider à se remettre en forme sans qu'elle devienne une femme musclée. Ça prend plusieurs années avant de développer une grande masse musculaire et en plus, puisqu'elle est une femme, elle a un moins haut niveau de testostérone. De ce fait, elle ne risque pas de devenir extrêmement musclée
    ♥ French Canadian girl crew

naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50) naokiudo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks Amanda, I'll take look at the link you gave me and get her read this.

Emi : Ouais je sais tout ça je lui ai déjà dit, mais c'est dingue elle a tous les préjugés que les gens qui connaissent pas ont sur la muscu et je perds un temps fou à lui expliquer que c'est pas possible de devenir énorme comme ça.. enfin bref ahah merci pour le conseil

Originally Posted by naokiudo View Post
    Thanks Amanda, I'll take look at the link you gave me and get her read this.

Emi : Ouais je sais tout ça je lui ai déjà dit, mais c'est dingue elle a tous les préjugés que les gens qui connaissent pas ont sur la muscu et je perds un temps fou à lui expliquer que c'est pas possible de devenir énorme comme ça.. enfin bref ahah merci pour le conseil
    bump

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by naokiudo View Post
    bump
    Comme Emi a dis, c'est un peu difficile de changer la mentalité d'une femme de 50 ans (j'en ai 48 mais j'ai commencé le sport quand j'étais ados)

Tu peut toujours encourager l'exercice en général. Cours de gym peut-être, ou yoga, poids léger pour commencer et elle verra qu'elle ne se transforme pas en monstre musculaire géant!

Me mère est pareille. C'est très difficile de changer les préjugés, mais petit à petit c'est possible.

Pour l'excès de gras, et bien on coupe les portions et diminue les sucreries, c'est tout! Bonne chance
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100) lovelytyagi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Give her healthy food... Don't let her do too much physical activities, as at this age the bones of the women get week. She can opt for Yoga. The best and effective one.
    Happy!!!

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lovelytyagi View Post
    Don't let her do too much physical activities, as at this age the bones of the women get week.
    Terrible advice.

Weight lifting is exactly what will help to keep her bones STRONG.