Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Also unrefined and refined make a huge difference.
    Word. Main thing here^

Buy whatever brand you enjoy at a good price point that is minimally processed. I love the stuff. Use it for all my pan fry, stir fry.

Virgin coconut oil is OK too. Extra Virgin is just a marketing term, it's arbitrary. Anybody that wants to can call a virgin coconut oil extra virgin and add $ to the price can do so.

I like Trader Joe's Virgin Coconut oil, they could call it extra virgin if they wanted to, there is no international coconut oil council, like there is an international olive oil council to stop them.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whatever happened to eating eggs and bacon with your coffee?
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Protein coffee

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co....protein-coffee

Already done for you, i haven't tried it yet though
    Last edited by mr.average; 05-03-2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Correction

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread inspires me to do new things with my coffee Great ideas!

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by socket View Post
    Same here. I've thought about putting protein powder in my coffee, but didn't want to make a bad decision. I DEFINITELY would have tried to shake it in a shaker, so now I know not to do that.

Current powder is Strawberries and Cream. Not sure how that will go with coffee, but I'm going to find out.

ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by socket View Post
    Yep instead of buying fit frappe I'm going to the grocery store and so what I can find with instant cappuccinos. I'll let ya'll know of my results but now i'm going to have buy some more protein only only vanilla and strawberry. I need to buy some chocolate protein too any suggestions.

JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnSpinazzola will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been doing this for years. When my son was about 5 he looked at me and said "you only drink protein and coffee why don't you mix them together". I tried it and told him he was a genius. I add coconut oil or MCT oil when I remember. Joe Rogan raves about bulletproof coffee which is coffee, protein, MCT oil and grass fed butter. I can't get myself to put butter in my coffee though.

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    vanilla flavour whey protein, was often added to my post workout coffee and maybe later in the day if my macro targets are down for the day

Recently I have taken to bringing coffee with protein mixed to the gym to drink during workout and finish before showering and leaving

make it with ice, so that it is still very cold even after training is finished and I find it very refreshing and to coffee/ sugar combo helps to replenish energy for the bike ride back home
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    Having gone through what you have experienced, try this:

1. Put your protein in the cup.
    2. Put just a couple ounces of coffee into the cup and stir it until the whey dissolves.
    3. Add more coffee as you like.
    4. Put coconut oil in and wait until it melt.
    5. Eat, drink, workout.
    I tried this today, it still got lots of little clumps of whey. Going to get another brand, ON whey does not seem to want to dissolve. It does seem like it will be a perfect drink for morning training when no time for a meal. I'm going to try a more mixable whey, coconut oil and a bit of added BCAAs.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I tried this today, it still got lots of little clumps of whey. Going to get another brand, ON whey does not seem to want to dissolve. It does seem like it will be a perfect drink for morning training when no time for a meal. I'm going to try a more mixable whey, coconut oil and a bit of added BCAAs.
    I really like my Magic Bullet blender I've never had much luck with hot liquids and whey concentrates mixed with spoons either.

BCAA? You're already getting the BCAA's and all the other EAA (essential amino acids) in the whey, seems like a waste. Additional luecine consumed when a rich leucine source is already being consumed has not historically performed in terms of producing additional muscle protein synthesis.

It's much like throwing a match into a bonfire. But to each their own. I know a lot of people on this forum really enjoy BCAA supplementation, it's generally only moderately supportable for the calories it saves while dieting to get some BCAA's into the system over similar BCAA levels from whole food or whey. Even in that situation I tend to use 1/2 scoop isolate and get all the EAA's as well rather than the BCAA supplement. I get more satiety and the isolate is easy enough to flavor any way you like. I can drink pre-training bout and not have a heavy stomach training at 4 AM.

I think its Alan Aragon time: http://amigoacid.com/supplementation...bout-bcaa.html

TL;DR

Easiest way to get coffee + whey into solution on the go is to use instant coffee and whey. Add water to shaker when needed and off you go.

Coconut oil does not want to go into solution in a shaker particularly well. Oil+water so they say. I tend to save my coconut oil for stir frying vegetables.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    I really like my Magic Bullet blender I've never had much luck with hot liquids and whey concentrates mixed with spoons either.

BCAA? You're already getting the BCAA's and all the other EAA (essential amino acids) in the whey, seems like a waste. Additional luecine consumed when a rich leucine source is already being consumed has not historically performed in terms of producing additional muscle protein synthesis.

It's much like throwing a match into a bonfire. But to each their own. I know a lot of people on this forum really enjoy BCAA supplementation, it's generally only moderately supportable for the calories it saves while dieting to get some BCAA's into the system over similar BCAA levels from whole food or whey. Even in that situation I tend to use 1/2 scoop isolate and get all the EAA's as well rather than the BCAA supplement. I get more satiety and the isolate is easy enough to flavor any way you like. I can drink pre-training bout and not have a heavy stomach training at 4 AM.

I think its Alan Aragon time: http://amigoacid.com/supplementation...bout-bcaa.html

TL;DR

Easiest way to get coffee + whey into solution on the go is to use instant coffee and whey. Add water to shaker when needed and off you go.

Coconut oil does not want to go into solution in a shaker particularly well. Oil+water so they say. I tend to save my coconut oil for stir frying vegetables.
    Thanks for the link, hoping to get about 10g of BCAAs for anti-catobolic properties without the added cals of 2 scoops of whey (training fasted am). So was thinking 1/2 scoop of whey and 7.5g BCAAs. Like to eat most of my protein for the sake of hunger control. Interesting about the apatite stimulating properties of BCAAs suplementation. I certainly don't want any help in that department right now. Thanks, I have read a lot of Alan's info, pretty well documented scientifically - good stuff. Magic bullet or blender would get me in trouble for waking everyone up at 4:00am.

Patience, grasshopper. NorthernMusicia's Avatar
    NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought coconut oil and tried it in my coffee. It's good, but it's a little pricey. Coconut oil and palm oil are as much as 15% mct. I wanted that but didn't want to pay the price. Guess what else is 15% mct? Butter and it's about a quarter of the price. I've been using unsalted butter and it's great. Add the protein powder and hit it with the blender. Then your oils don't float on the top.
    Exercise isn't diet. Diet isn't exercise. Defiantly building muscle.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NorthernMusicia View Post
    I bought coconut oil and tried it in my coffee. It's good, but it's a little pricey. Coconut oil and palm oil are as much as 15% mct. I wanted that but didn't want to pay the price. Guess what else is 15% mct? Butter and it's about a quarter of the price. I've been using unsalted butter and it's great. Add the protein powder and hit it with the blender. Then your oils don't float on the top.
    Ya...coconut oil has far more than 15% of mct. Try 40-60% (or more) of it is mct while the rest is lct.

"Coconut oil is a highly saturated (90%) oil comprised of medium chain fatty acids (65%)"

http://examine.com/supplements/Coconut+Oil/
    Last edited by Jtbny; 05-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Requitor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    Whatever happened to eating eggs and bacon with your coffee?
    Yeah thats breakfast, but later in the day is when I do the coffee/protein mix. Kill two birds with one stone, gonna drink coffee anyway and same for the protein so, yeah. Now bacon flavored protein...yeeesss......
    "The weak should never need fear if there be but one Righteous Strong amongst them."

"No one is taller than the last man standing"

Every man is ment to have a dog.

MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MarkDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also a coconut oil user. I've discovered a liquid version that I take a couple of shots directly from the bottle every morning. I find it easier to deal with then the solid kind. A little more expensive but dog-gonnit, I'm worth it!

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've actually tried this. i never thought of it before seeing this thread. lol I really used to LOVE cafe mocha's but the calories just aren't worth it so i have been drinking black coffee. anyways, the past week or so I have tried a couple different protein powders and found that the "energy whey" (mocha flavor) works AWESOME!!!!! I can mix it with my coffee and have a slight boost before work (i work 3rd shift) while getting 26g of protein.
    I did try it with my Phase 8 chocolate, but it was VERY clumpy and thicker....probably because of the casein ?

anyway, I have found a delicious way to add 26g of protein on the days my macros are slightly under! WOOT!

thanks guys!

ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ahawk01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post
    I've actually tried this. i never thought of it before seeing this thread. lol I really used to LOVE cafe mocha's but the calories just aren't worth it so i have been drinking black coffee. anyways, the past week or so I have tried a couple different protein powders and found that the "energy whey" (mocha flavor) works AWESOME!!!!! I can mix it with my coffee and have a slight boost before work (i work 3rd shift) while getting 26g of protein.
    I did try it with my Phase 8 chocolate, but it was VERY clumpy and thicker....probably because of the casein ?

anyway, I have found a delicious way to add 26g of protein on the days my macros are slightly under! WOOT!

thanks guys!
    Right on! I'm going to be messing with flavors this weekend. I really like Fit Frappe ((can be gotten at sams)) one scoop and one scoop of vanilla whey. No casein. Sometimes I'll add a banana. (i love bananas usually stock my freezer with them too) I'd love to find a really rich tasting vanilla whey. I've considered trying the new cellucor line.