sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thyroid issues and lack of fat loss?

Okay, believe me, I have been measuring properly. But I cannot seem to get below 127-128 no matter what.

I went to the doctor today because TMI - I have had like 6 periods in 2 months, my body seems pretty screwed up right now. She thinks I might have a thryoid problem since having a baby. Has anyone gone through this? I didn't even mention the weight loss to her.

Yes I know 127-128 is normal, but I was just looking to lean up a bit more

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you still nursing?
    You just had a baby, what 14 months ago?

littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started my thyroid issues right after my first son was born (I have 4 now). I'm hypothyroid, which means my thyroid is slow. I'm guessing that's what you are thinking you have. I figured it out not because I couldn't lose weight but because I was dog tired every day no matter how much I slept. I had a job where I drove all day and I was falling asleep at the wheel.

Anyway, if you do have a thyroid problem (which they can tell from your bloodwork), it is an easy fix. You just take your meds every day and you are fine. There are no side effects that I've noticed. I've competed in figure competitions and everything -- so once it is under control, you can get as lean as anyone else.

My advice is to get your bloodwork done first. See if the thyroid is the problem. If it is, easy fix. If not, then you need to look at other things.

Good luck!

dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dawnmsaunders is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a thyroid problem too (no babies here though..) Found out about it when I was 20. Was hyperactive, had radioactive iodine treatments, and now I'm hypo. It is an easy fix with medicine, and taking it daily in the mornings before breakfast for the rest of your life most likely. It does take a few months of taking the pills to "kick in", especially since the doctor has to find the right dosage to work with your body. Losing/gaining weight and taking birth control (I had frequent & abnormally heavy periods too) can affect how much medicine you take. I'm not saying all of this to discourage you, but I guess to let you know about what you might expect... It's definitely a good move to get it checked out.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?

Bulk to Bikini Journal: t=159898911&p=1200540751#post1200540751
    ANSI (Closed): t=160616381&p=1216623541#post1216623541
    TSN (Closed): t=160616811&p=1216631611#post1216631611

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks! Yes he's 15 months doesn't nurse much though, maybe 1-2x a day and even then it's more a snack.

I'm getting blood tests on Monday so we'll see from there. My body's been through some wonky stuff in terms of hormones so hopefully there is some kind of conclusion. No period for 2 years and now 6 in 2 months? Ugh

runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50) runnermama will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Okay, believe me, I have been measuring properly. But I cannot seem to get below 127-128 no matter what.

I went to the doctor today because TMI - I have had like 6 periods in 2 months, my body seems pretty screwed up right now. She thinks I might have a thryoid problem since having a baby. Has anyone gone through this? I didn't even mention the weight loss to her.

Yes I know 127-128 is normal, but I was just looking to lean up a bit more
    Hi Sonti-

I just wanted to tell you that I had a difficult time losing the last bit of weight while I was still nursing both of my kiddos. My daughter now 8, bf for 12 months and I had to supplement some due to low milk supply issues. As soon as she was weaned, I was able to get back to the gym more consistenly and with a clean diet and heavy lifting, I got my leanest in about 12-14 months.

With my son however, (almost 5 years), I gained almost 60 lbs with him, and he nursed for 18 months. I am still trying to get rid of the last 8-10 lbs!! I will admit though, the last couple of months have been the most consistent of the last 5 years in terms of eating clean. The scale is not moving, but my clothes fit differently and I have had comments from a few people. And it has literally almost taken the entire 5 years for my cycle to become what I used to know as "normal" for me. It was pretty manageable while I was nursing, but once we were done, it was downright awful. Cycles every 22 days for 7-10 days, heavy, painful and lots of PMS. Slowly over time, it has gotten better, back to 27-28 days ,not too painful, and mild PMS for 1-2 days. It's not what I had before my son, but it's better than it was. Now that I am 35, I am not sure how much of it is my age.

So the point of all my rambling above is this....Your cycles being off could be your body trying to regulate itself again as you nurse less. Some women get their cycle back even when they are nursing young babies and others go a while before it returns. I had my cycle for almost the entire 18 months with my son, and I would notice a dip in supply during certain times of the month.

If your levels come back as normal, then I would hang in there and wait to see if you are still having an issue losing the last few pounds (assuming your lifting are diet are in check) once he is officially weaned.

Are you having any other hypo symptoms? Dry skin and nails? Exhaustion?
    Team Rousey