Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bee Honey

StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Bee Honey

Is Bee Honey that effective in a weight/fat loss plan?

Definitely, Bee Honey is good enough to think of introducing it into your daily diet plan but what is there more than that?

Many articles had been written about Honey importance, taking 1-2 teaspoons in the morning with breakfast and another before bedtime.

In the morning, adding Honey to White or Green Tea, Cinnamon and Lemon boosts your energy levels and is said to help in fat loss process.

I cheer eating everything from the nature especially organic food, so why not every bodybuilder try this wonderful mixture.

At end, if it does not help you in burning some fat and loosing weight, it will surely boost your energy and improve your overall health(sexual performance & sperm production within too ).
    Let me give you a bit of warning: just because you get very good at your training it should not go to your head that you are an expert.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's the same as consuming table sugar.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting signature. The same could be said for nutrition.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    Both still on spread
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) usawinston is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StrongJake View Post
    Is Bee Honey that effective in a weight/fat loss plan?

Definitely, Bee Honey is good enough to think of introducing it into your daily diet plan but what is there more than that?

Many articles had been written about Honey importance, taking 1-2 teaspoons in the morning with breakfast and another before bedtime.

In the morning, adding Honey to White or Green Tea, Cinnamon and Lemon boosts your energy levels and is said to help in fat loss process.

I cheer eating everything from the nature especially organic food, so why not every bodybuilder try this wonderful mixture.

At end, if it does not help you in burning some fat and loosing weight, it will surely boost your energy and improve your overall health(sexual performance & sperm production within too ).
    Wonderpug stated it correctly.
    The only advantages of honey are that it tastes better than table sugar and honey can be purchased in the comb, which is quite good on toast.
    My path to contest prep:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160935491&page=1

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I prefer ostrich honey personally. Those crazy ostriches, making their honey in hives.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152860011 - My log. It has a ****gy name, but don't hold that against it.

I don't rep back.

StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrongJake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very Kind Lady, Thanks
    Let me give you a bit of warning: just because you get very good at your training it should not go to your head that you are an expert.

Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    The only advantages of honey are that it tastes better than table sugar and honey can be purchased in the comb, which is quite good on toast.
    Eliminating all Honey Benefits by saying it's just like sugar is not wise.

Would post some of Honey Benefits(taking from an article) for all to understand why I started this important topic.

----------------------------

Honey Health Benefits:

1. Prevent cancer and heart disease:
    Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.

2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
    Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis. This may be related to the 3rd benefit…

3. Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal:

“All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.

4. Increase athletic performance.

Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. This has now been verified with modern studies, showing that it is superior in maintaining glycogen levels and improving recovery time than other sweeteners.

5. Reduce cough and throat irritation:

Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey. In a study of 110 children, a single dose of buckwheat honey was just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving nocturnal cough and allowing proper sleep.

6. Balance the 5 elements:

Honey has been used in ayurvedic medicine in India for at least 4000 years and is considered to affect all three of the body’s primitive material imbalances positively. It is also said to be useful useful in improving eyesight, weight loss, curing impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea, and nausea.

Honey is referred as “Yogavahi” since it has a quality of penetrating the deepest tissues of the body. When honey is used with other herbal preparations, it enhances the medicinal qualities of those preparations and also helps them to reach the deeper tissues.

7. Blood sugar regulation:
    Even though honey contains simple sugars, it is NOT the same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners. Its exact combination of fructose and glucose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys have a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t jolt your blood sugar. (Watch this video Sweetener Comparison where I compare stevia, brown rice syrup, honey, molasses and agave, and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each.)

8. Heal wounds and burns:
    External application of honey has been shown to be as effective as conventional treatment with silver sulfadiazene. It is speculated that the drying effect of the simple sugars and honey’s anti-bacterial nature combine to create this effect.

9. Probiotic:
    Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria. This may explain many of the “mysterious therapeutic properties of honey.”

10. Beautiful skin:

Its anti-bacterial qualities are particularly useful for the skin, and, when used with the other ingredients, can also be moisturizing and nourishing!

-------------------------------

Finally, We must not neglect food facts that had been proven thousands of years ago.
    If people just go back to eating food from nature instead of junks, fast food..etc, many hospitals around the world would be empty from patients who ruin their health from eating according to what advertisements and marketing show us.
    People who lived thousands of years ago relying on their own agriculture for eating were not stupid and we are the smart!!

Just an advice to be careful when choosing a bee honey brand, some that are imported come with removed pollen, don't buy that, best if you can buy it from a trusted local farm.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let me give you a bit of warning: just because you think you're very good at nutrition, it should not go to your head that you are an expert.

See, I can copy and paste, too.

Let me give you a bit of warning: just because you think you're very good at nutrition, it should not go to your head that you are an expert.

See, I can copy and paste, too.
    WOW, Brilliant, you are good in something

Well, actually better than posting something useless as a signature

Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000) Xiantium is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have recently been drinking 8oz green tea (refrigerated brew overnight lipton green tea) with 1 tablespoon of honey in the morning and I really do feel better after drinking it. I don't know if its my blood sugar balancing out or the caffeine or just a placebo effect that I feel like I am doing something good but seriously it improves my mood and energy levels noticeably. Before I was doing this my normal breakfast would be
    1 cup oats = 300 cal
    2 scoops protein 240 cal
    3 eggs = 210 cal
    750 cal, 56 carbs, 76 protein.

now

1/2 cup oatmeal 150 cal
    3 eggs with cheese 250 cal
    Green tea with 1 tbls honey 80 cal
    2 scoops protein 240 cal
    48 carb, 74 protein
    720 cal

The first one was a breakfast I have eaten for years. The second one I have been doing for about 3 weeks so..... Thoughts?

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    From a diet perspective: yes but it's healthier than table sugar.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Follix View Post
    From a diet perspective: yes but it's healthier than table sugar.
    Actually, honey is vastly more metabolically damaging than sugar in high doses due to the high concentration of fructose.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I find that honey from Africanized honeybees is far more anabolic than regular beees, makes me want to kill it in the gym, instead of just droning through my workout.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilove2run is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by usawinston View Post
    Would rep you for honeycomb mention. That stuff is good. especially when you just cut a slice and eat it straight.
    Blog:
    http://dyldahl.wordpress.com/
    Reviews:
    (1) MyPro Impact Whey Protein - http://tinyurl.com/pr8glg9
    (2) MT Essential Series – 100% Platinum Whey - http://tinyurl.com/ofzxzwf
    (3) MP Arnold Series – Arnold Iron Pack - http://tinyurl.com/ps6m6x3
    (4) Animal [UN] Juiced Amino's [Enhanced BCAA] - http://tinyurl.com/pe745q9
    (5) PF Greens Freak [Gf] - http://tinyurl.com/mew47vc
    (6) MF Advanced Protein - http://tinyurl.com/qceh5mq
    (7) Cellucor C4 (4th Gen) - http://tinyurl.com/of8uznw

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    .. if it does not help you in burning some fat and loosing weight....
    Please explain how eating honey helps in burning body fat and "loosing" weight.

Thanks.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

Thanks.
    Makes you loose around the midsection.

Makes you loose around the midsection.
    Middle America must consume lots of honey!!!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thanks.
    You've obviously never been chased by an angry swarm of bees.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Makween is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Jake, what are your views on ostrich honey? I've noticed that you only seem to be referring to bee honey here, and I was wondering if all the other kinds provide the same magical benefits.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152860011 - My log. It has a ****gy name, but don't hold that against it.

I don't rep back.

Originally Posted by Xiantium View Post
    I have recently been drinking 8oz green tea (refrigerated brew overnight lipton green tea) with 1 tablespoon of honey in the morning and I really do feel better after drinking it. I don't know if its my blood sugar balancing out or the caffeine or just a placebo effect that I feel like I am doing something good but seriously it improves my mood and energy levels noticeably. Before I was doing this my normal breakfast would be
    1 cup oats = 300 cal
    2 scoops protein 240 cal
    3 eggs = 210 cal
    750 cal, 56 carbs, 76 protein.

now

1/2 cup oatmeal 150 cal
    3 eggs with cheese 250 cal
    Green tea with 1 tbls honey 80 cal
    2 scoops protein 240 cal
    48 carb, 74 protein
    720 cal

The first one was a breakfast I have eaten for years. The second one I have been doing for about 3 weeks so..... Thoughts?
    Your breakfast meal is very rich and somehow similar to mine, but 1 tablespoon of honey is too much(if taking twice a day, breakfast and before bedtime, you better switch to 1 heaped teaspoon for each) and protein supplement is not necessary I believe.

On an empty stomach, I drink white tea(sometimes green) with a honey teaspoon add in it cinnamon and lemon. That really boosts your energy levels(surely health too), you feel as if "Refresh". As much as I feel full of energy, sometimes directly start workout only relying on the above. Try it if you like.

After that by some hour, instead of the protein(supplement) you use, I eat as breakfast 0% fat Milk with Oat and Darts, enough to feel gooood until my next meal that is some 3 hours later.

A good tip would be to drink a cup of the tea mixture(mentioned above) on empty stomach, eat your breakfast then drink another cup, it helps in digestion and weight/fat loss overall process.
    Last edited by StrongJake; 06-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks.
    Not claiming that Honey directly helps in burning fat and losing weight, as you see I asked it as a question but am sure it helps your health, no doubt whatsoever.

I believe Honey promote in fat/weight loss when you add it into a mixture consisting of White/Green tea, Cinnamon and Lemon.

Honey is not just like Sugar as some insist to mention! Maybe they don't know that honey is a very good source of nutrients vitamins/minerals which when digested is completely different than your body digesting sugar.

I know many will come here saying what's the proof backing up that..etc Well, if the FDA have many products not approved despite being actually proven on people with facts, improving patients health, how will anyone give you a proof on anything(long lasting debates!)

If many pro doctors around the world still totally disagree with Chinese Treatment(Meridians, pressure points..etc) despite you can try it yourself and feel the effectiveness, how will I give you a proof on Honey for fat/weight loss?!

I believe "Ironwill2008" that you must try anything from nature, feel how your body adapts to it then decide if it's good for you or not.

Your body never lies but doctors doooo

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Finally, We must not neglect food facts that had been proven thousands of years ago.
    If people just go back to eating food from nature instead of junks, fast food..etc, many hospitals around the world would be empty from patients who ruin their health from eating according to what advertisements and marketing show us.
    People who lived thousands of years ago relying on their own agriculture for eating were not stupid and we are the smart!!
    You should write your own self-help diet books.

Edit: Under the name 'Guru Jake'.

Originally Posted by Makween View Post
    Jake, what are your views on ostrich honey? I've noticed that you only seem to be referring to bee honey here, and I was wondering if all the other kinds provide the same magical benefits.
    There are many different kinds of honey but I believe Bee Honey is like the soul, that does not neglect the effectiveness of others or in same category like Royal Jelly, all have enough similar benefits.

If you want to eat it for its health benefits that's good, if just because of studies indicating possible weight/fat loss thats good too especially when taken before bedtime because it is said to enter the liver and release a fat burning hormone during sleep.

Talking

Originally Posted by AJL1 View Post
    You should write your own self-help diet books.

Edit: Under the name 'Guru Jake'.
    Would you be the first buyer

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of nonsense claims and the only source stated is the "director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand"?

Negged.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Would you be the first buyer
    Yes, and possibly the last.

Jokes aside, honey is pretty awesome and I usually have it once every day or so. I have no doubt that it (like many other whole foods) has many benefits as part of a balanced diet, but there is nothing magical about it.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I find that honey from Africanized honeybees is far more anabolic than regular beees, makes me want to kill it in the gym, instead of just droning through my workout.
    bravo

michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaels22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know the OP did a poor job of backing up his claims with anything other than "I believe" but immediately dismissing even the thought that honey has nutritional superiority over table sugar without thinking about it strikes me as bizarre. Yeah, from a calorie standpoint it's basically sugar; yeah, from a GI standpoint it's like sugar. But when did that alone render judgment about what is and what is not "better for you"? I've seen several articles that discuss some of the (admittedly narrow) benefits of honey.

"In a study involving 105 children aged 2-18 years with upper respiratory tract infections of 7 days or less and night-time coughing, a single night-time dose of buckwheat honey was an effective alternative treatment for symptomatic relief of nocturnal cough and sleep difficulty, compared to a single dose of dextromethorphan (DM).

Researchers from the Penn State College of Medicine asked parents to give either honey, honey-flavored dextromethorphan (DM), or no treatment to the children. The first night, the children did not receive any treatment. The following night they received a single dose of buckwheat honey, honey-flavored DM, or no treatment 30 minutes before bedtime. The trial was partially blind as parents could not distinguish between the honey and the medication, although those administering no medication were obviously aware of the fact. Parents were asked to report on cough frequency and severity, how bothersome the cough was, and how well both adult and child slept, both 24 hours before and during the night of the dosage.

Significant symptom improvements were seen in the honey-supplemented children, compared with the no treatment group and DM-treated group, with honey consistently scoring the best and no-treatment scoring the worst."

Not consuming it... but...

"Wound healing activity of honey: A pilot study.
    Vijaya KK, Nishteswar K.
    Source
    Medical Officer, Government Ayurvedic Speciality Clinic, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India.
    Abstract
    Vrana (wound) and its sequels play a major concern in the field of surgery as Vrana Ropana (wound healing) requires uneventful healing. The aim of the study was to evaluate the changes in physical and morphological properties due to topical application of Madhu (honey) on fresh traumatic wounds or cutaneous wounds. Ten patients of wounds of either sex were randomly selected. Site of the wound, shape, size, floor, and margin were recorded on day 0 and observed on day 7, 15, 20, and till the end of the healing for the progression of granulation, scar type, shape, size, and clinical symptoms. There was significant improvement in the healing process as Madhu possesses antibacterial, wound cleansing, wound healing properties and showed beneficiary effects."

Also see:

Antibacterial Activity of Honey on Cariogenic Bacteria

When you ^^^ stand with honey health benefits that my thread is all about, why are you that aggressive!?!
    Must every person who start a thread back up claims by making researches through the net and post many articles!? I provided the health benefits which is the most important fact, who cares if some studies from here and there approve it or not.
    If you want to select that path, the debates does not end, one that cheer the claim another study does not.
    If for Honey you and others need a PROOF or STUDIES or APPROVALS, what if it was something else not from nature?!!

It really amazes me every time I read people asking for more proofs on natural food when they don't open their mouths when their doctor give them a prescription DRUG!!
    And, when they buy supplements not known its original source other than surely full of chemicals, they take it on daily basis with a Big Grin like good boys!!!