Botter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Botter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Botter's path to athletic physique, maybe.

I'm new to this, but what the hell. A little back-story of what I even want to achieve.. So my cousin had this idea of signing up for competition on 'the best athletic physique' in our country. However, since I'm a bigger fan of martial arts (but I'm not really training kickbox and jiu jitsu 'seriously' this year, because I'm low on money) than bodybuilding, I still don't know if I want to do this or not. However, I think it will be a fun and interesting road, so why the **** wouldn't I even try this. I go to gym on daily basis and since I'm sometimes to lazy or just in lack of motivation, I think this would be a great place to start something 'big' and dedicated for myself.

Diet
    Breakfast: Apple, 4 whole eggs, 80g of tuna and a little bit of sauce or ketcup
    Meal 2: Protein shake, consisting of - 200g quark, 35g whey, 1,5dl 1.5% milk, 15g of almonds/hazelnuts
    Lunch: 200g of chicken, 150g mixed veggies or other vegetables, little bit of sauce
    Meal 4 (pre-workout): Banana, sometimes
    Dinner: Protein shake, 2dcl 1,5% milk + 35g whey

Macros
    This adds to:
    Protein 185g
    Carbohydrates 26,5g
    Fat 52,5g

Keep in mind, I'm going to eat like this for 5-6 days, then have a re-feed day on 7th day with 200g+ carbohydrates and also more fats and proteins. I will change my food with something else from here and there, so I won't eat the same all the time, but the macros will be almost the same.

Routine
    Monday - Chest, Bicep, Tricep + cardio
    Tuesday - Back, Shoulders + cardio
    Wednesday - Abs, Obliques + cardio
    Thursday - Legs + cardio
    Friday - Full body exercise, consisting only of bodyweight exercises + cardio
    Saturday - Light squats, deadlifts, bench press + cardio
    Sunday - Abs, Obliques + sprints/cardio

I will try to do stretching exercises everyday for my flexibility also. I'm already quite flexible, because of kickbox/jiu jitsu background, but I'll see how much I can progress.

I have a 15 minute run to the gym and then back to home, so I do total of 30 min cardio a day. I will do plyometric exercises 2-3 times a week and also 2 trainings of kickbox a week (tuesday/thursday) as my second workout of the day. Maybe sometimes more of these (plyometric/kickbox trainings), depending on how much time I will have and how I will feel.

PR'S
    Deadlift 120kg (265lbs) x 4
    Bench 100kg (220lbs) x 1
    Squat 110 kg (242lbs) x 2

Why so low? I've started doing these 3 compound movements in September 2012. I've done squats and bench before, but not 'heavy'. However, I started doing deadlifts basically from 0 in september.

Age - 17
    Height - 181cm (still growing, I've grown 3cm over last year)
    Weight - 79kg (174 lbs), at the moment

Goal
    I'm not looking to become huge ass/lean bodybuilder, but to become a machine - strong, lean, fast, endurance, flexible.

If I'll get a job and enough money, I'll spend it on jiu-jitsu classes and food, since this is what I'm currently struggling to get enough for my trainings (I live in a flat with mom and 2 sisters, not much money, but enough to be happy and grateful for what I have).

This is how I looked back in October (picture below, with diet I've wrote up there), just started doing deadlifts from 0 and 'heavy' squats/bench press. I'm not so lean at the moment, because I ate a lot of things that I shouldn't lately and wasn't motivated so much for the gym. Furthermore, I think this 'blog' will be my own motivation for further goals and development.

Pictures of CURRENT physique will come in 1-2 days , those bellow are from late october.

I will also post here some of my 'snack' recipes, motivational stuff, what I ate/changed in my diet, what exercises did I do and so on.. -> what blog is for.

Hope you like it, I'll make sure to update this once a day.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Botter; 02-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Botter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Botter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Today was abs & obliques + cardio

Warm up - 15 min run

1. 4x50 seated crunches
    2. 2x35 seated crunches
    3. 3x20 leg raises on floor, between every set of 20 crunches, I go into position for side plank and hold it for 30 seconds (both sides).
    4. 3x25 floor (normal) crunches, again between each set I hold myself in side plank position for 30 sec (both sides)
    5. 1x20 leg raises on floor, followed by 1 minute plank and then again side plank for 30 seconds. I did this 'combined' exercises for 3 sets.
    6. 1x15 seated crunches with 10kg on body, followed by 1x30 normal crunches
    7. 15-12-10 repetitions of this exercise for obliques -> samsfitness.com.au/image/data/IMHYPER/Ironmaster-Oblique-Exercise.jpg
    8. 20 minute interval cardio on bicycle

I didn't do everything I wanted, because I didn't run to the gym, but my friend drove me and she had to hurry in the end, when I wasn't finished yet.. So when I did 3/5 of my workout, I had to stop and do cardio session, so she wouldn't have to wait half a hour for me.

I also took picture of current physique. It is pretty bad quality and lightening so it looks bad to be honest, but I will post much better pictures in following days. I'm out of shape at the moment, gained a lot of fat (because for past few weeks, I didn't really follow my diet and motivation for gym just wasn't here) + I have a lot of gains to make in the next few months and cut down my bf%.

And a snapshot of what my lunch will look like 9/10 times for the upcoming few weeks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Botter; 02-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Cannabis, meditation & working out.

Follow me on -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151973873

Smile

Today was Leg day

Warmup - 15min run to gym (it's winter here, with about 8cm of snow and temperatures below 0°C, but I can handle this conditions quite easily)

Squats
    15x40kg (warming up)
    12x40kg
    8x70kg
    5x70kg
    5x80kg

I know that is not much, but I think I'll hit 5x110kg or more in two to three weeks. I just have to get back 'in' where I used to be.

Leg extensions
    15x25kg
    12x25kg
    10x25kg
    10x15kg
    10x10kg

Leg press
    20x100kg
    15x100kg
    20x90kg

Leg curls
    15x35kg
    12x40kg
    10x40kg
    10x45kg
    15x20kg

Leg extensions nr. 2
    15x10kg
    10x10kg

Leg press nr. 2
    10x150kg
    20x90kg wide stance
    20x90kg normal stance
    20x90kg narrow stance

Leg curls nr. 2
    15x25kg
    10x20kg
    15x15kg

and a 15min run to home again

Despite my 'strict' diet, I ate about 300grams of pork (equals to 33g protein, 12g fat, 0g OH) and banana with quark and protein at afternoon, so I got a little bit more of everything through the day. I don't believe this will ruin anything, because I'm already eating 'too low' of everything according to BMI calculator. However, I've had tremendous results with this diet in the past when I decided to cut. I gained weight and dropped bodyfat + become much stronger and felt 50x more energetic through the day, rather than on diet with 200g+ carbs. So this works for me and I've had wonderful experience with it, so I don't see why I would change anything.

And here's some motivational video for the day -> youtube.com/watch?v=yEm5E6yFUG0
    Last edited by Botter; 02-20-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Today I had 0.4kg minced red meat and 150g beans for lunch, instead of chicken and vegetables. Which is about 72g protein and 40g fat.
    >inb4yourbodycanonlydigest35gofproteinin1hour

lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can't!

Yesterday I was kinda busy, so I didn't update.

Abs
    350 crunches
    200 leg raises
    20x30sec side plank, both sides
    plank 4x1min

Legs
    5min cardio on bicycle
    Squats
    15x40kg
    10x40kg
    10x60kg
    8x60kg
    5x80kg
    5x80kg

Leg extensions
    12x25kg
    10x25kg
    8x25kg
    15x15kg

Leg press
    20x120kg
    15x120kg
    10x160kg
    10x170kg
    20x90kg

Leg curls
    12x40kg
    10x40kg
    8x40kg
    8x45kg

20 min HIIT cardio

I've also added 70g carbs per day, because that 27g carbs a day was a little bit to low. Had some headaches and couldn't sleep, plus I think I've burned more muscles than fat, so yeah . Now I feel great