zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Avocado Ice Cream (You have to try it!)

The thought of avocados in ice cream might sound nasty to some, but trust me, it's wonderful. This ice cream has a delicious flavor, with a creamy texture. My husband and kids say it actually tastes like banana ice cream. Very simple to make, no ice cream maker needed, but if you have one, that's a plus. You can add some vanilla protein powder into the recipe if you want as well.

You will need:
    3 Hass Avocados (these are California avocados, which I prefer over other varieties. I live in Florida and I am not fond of our avocados.)
    1 cup of half and half
    1/2 cup of heavy cream
    Truvia or your sweetener of choice to taste
    1/2 a lime, freshly squeezed (this will help the ice cream retain its lovely color.)

Peel and put your avocados and scrape into a blender. Add your other ingredients and give it a good 1-2 minute pulse. At this step, if you do not have an ice cream maker, you can pour into a sealable freezer safe container. Freeze for a few hours, stirring every 1 or two hours to get the correct consistency.

If you have an ice cream maker, go ahead and pour your mix into it. Slow churn for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately if you enjoy soft serve, or freeze if you prefer your ice cream a little firmer.

Makes about 6-8 servings.

Enjoy! If you do try my recipe, please let me know how you like it!

*I completely forgot to take pictures of all the steps. I will update this later when I make it again. For now, salivate on what it looks like when it is finished.*
    Attached Images

StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000) StelioK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool, avocado ice cream sounds tasty and satiating.

Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skwyknix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zaidat View Post
    The thought of avocados in ice cream might sound nasty to some, but trust me, it's wonderful. This ice cream has a delicious flavor, with a creamy texture. My husband and kids say it actually tastes like banana ice cream. Very simple to make, no ice cream maker needed, but if you have one, that's a plus. You can add some vanilla protein powder into the recipe if you want as well.

You will need:
    3 Hass Avocados (these are California avocados, which I prefer over other varieties. I live in Florida and I am not fond of our avocados.)
    1 cup of half and half
    1/2 cup of heavy cream
    Truvia or your sweetener of choice to taste
    1/2 a lime, freshly squeezed (this will help the ice cream retain its lovely color.)

Peel and put your avocados and scrape into a blender. Add your other ingredients and give it a good 1-2 minute pulse. At this step, if you do not have an ice cream maker, you can pour into a sealable freezer safe container. Freeze for a few hours, stirring every 1 or two hours to get the correct consistency.

If you have an ice cream maker, go ahead and pour your mix into it. Slow churn for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately if you enjoy soft serve, or freeze if you prefer your ice cream a little firmer.

Makes about 6-8 servings.

Enjoy! If you do try my recipe, please let me know how you like it!

*I completely forgot to take pictures of all the steps. I will update this later when I make it again. For now, salivate on what it looks like when it is finished.*
    Avocado ice cream/milkshakes are the sh**! First tried one on a dare at a Vietnamese place. Can't get enough of them. Tried this one specifically just now. I WAS going to make guacamole, but thought this would be a better idea.

THANKS!

w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500) w0rkinprogress is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yum I've got a tonne of avocados so I'm going to try this - thanks!! We don't have half and half here, so I'll just try it with more cream I guess or some milk.

chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chosonpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yummy.... I'm try some of this later.

zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies. You will really enjoy it. I just made some last night, along with some lime coconut ice cream. I need my ice cream in order to stick to keto, lol! Otherwise I would go crazy.

If you do not have half and half you can try subbing it out with coconut milk.

BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000) BLWNUP is just really nice. (+1000)
    You say the Truvia is "to taste"....
    how much do you put in?
    1 teaspoon? 3 packets?
    Airborne Paratrooper
    U.S. Navy, JSOC
    Combat Veteran OEF/OIF '01-'04

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Putting this on my todo list!!!

DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000) DaveGabe24 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any feedback? Also can I just use more heavy cream instead of the half/half? Not sure what purpose it serves, thanks.

Definitely going to give this a shot today!
    “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

~-~-~The Brain Bulwark~-~-~
    www.masterminds.thebrainbulwark.com
    Free E-Book for 5 ways to improve your cognition and mental abilities.

paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Any feedback? Also can I just use more heavy cream instead of the half/half? Not sure what purpose it serves, thanks.

Well it is ice "cream"
    ---------------------------------------
    Paul V

Misc Holy Spirit Crew
    Misc Epilepsy Crew
    Misc Dallas Crew
    Misc Over 40 crew
    *Old Misc Crew*

Originally Posted by BLWNUP View Post
    You say the Truvia is "to taste"....
    how much do you put in?
    1 teaspoon? 3 packets?
    I use 2 teaspoons.

Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post

I like to use heavy cream and half and half together. I find that when I just use heavy cream in my ice cream recipes I get a coating of fat on my spoon and my teeth that I am not fond of. The half and half helps the ice cream retain its creaminess and removes that filmy feeling.

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good recipe!! For my avocado "ice cream" I use raw cashews to make it creamier, and top with sugar free maple syrup and unsweetened coconut flakes.
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081