Closed Thread
Page 53 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 8970
    KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    I'm ok with filibustering...but I think they should make them get up there and read the dictionary if they want to do it so bad.
    Completely agree. It should still work the way it did in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington...

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    I just finished season 2 of Deadwood and have season 3 left to watch. Then I'm probably going to start season 1 of the Wire. (hopefully you've heard of these shows)

Of course. I have Deadwood complete series on dvd. I started watching The Wire at some point, but let it go after 1st season.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I used to agree with you on this. Actually, I still do to a large degree.

But things are so dysfunctional now that our credit rating was downgraded due to congress's inability to reach a timely agreement on raising the debt ceiling in 2011. It could happen yet again. The reason that this matters - as I understand it - is that having a lower credit rating means that our creditors can get a higher interest rate on the debt that we do owe. So, we'll end up paying more to the Chinese and others in interest. Of course, we shouldn't have gotten ourselves into this mess in the first place...

Filibuster reform wouldn't have helped much with that issue though.
    Of course there would be no debt ceiling problem if the Senate would have a budget and stick to it. But somehow they haven't been held responsible for passing one even though there is a law requiring them too. Thats what I don't get.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    Looking at buying a .22 caliber rifle for plinking. I really like the Ruger 10/22 takedown but I don't much about what else is out there. Who's got some recommendations?
    The Ruger 10/22 tactical has some more features but are they really needed on a .22? I am stuck with a 10 round clip (Ca.)

I have also seen two versions of the takedown. One has a 18'' stainless barrel and the newer one has a 16'' alloy barrel with a screw on flash suppressor. Which would you get and why?
    I am leaning toward the stainless if I can still find one new, believing it be more rust/wear resistent.

Lastly, what scope would you reccommend? I would like stay under 100 bucks. That puts me right over 500.00 bucks before tax.
    Do you have any .22's at all? If not just get it bone stock. Darn near anything you want to add can be added later once your budget and mind are made up.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fishpat86 View Post
    Is your senate like our parliament? As in the members are elected to represent a part of the country but have an allegiance to one particular party?
    I've been pondering this for a few minutes, but I don't think there's a simple answer. It's certainly the case that there is a high degree of party allegiance, but I think it's also the case that legislators do sometimes attempt to represent what they think that their constituents want. If they don't, they might not get reelected.

But there's an ideological allegiance too. For example, there are conservative members of the democratic party who will break with their party on things like gun control or health care legislation. This is why gun control legislation is unlikely to pass even in the senate. It's also one reason why insurance companies are still involved in our health care system instead of having a single payer system. The current republican party has its so called "tea party" members who frequently buck their party's leadership on fiscal matters.

To make matters worse, it is now possible to give an unlimited amount of money to political candidates for (re)election. In many cases, I think it's fair to say that legislators represent monied interests more than those of us who actually cast the votes.

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The takedown is stock. The only thing it has is the ability to break the barrel and stock into 2 pieces.It has pretty good reviews.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    I'm ok with filibustering...but I think they should make them get up there and read the dictionary if they want to do it so bad.

Yea, me too. Its a political tool that was put in for a reason and while it may seem ridiculous to an outsider....it helped keep 51% of the wolves from voting on eating the 49% of the sheep for dinner. Because it is borderline ridiculous...making it painful or hard makes sense....if you want to grind the government to a halt to make a point, then you should earn it.

The rules should not be changed and we should celebrate the use of the rules regardless of who is in power.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Of course there would be no debt ceiling problem if the Senate would have a budget and stick to it. But somehow they haven't been held responsible for passing one even though there is a law requiring them too. Thats what I don't get.

Not positive....but I believe the debt ceiling and the lack of a budget are different (although obviously related) issues. On the debt ceiling I am all too willing to throw Bush under the bus as well. During his terms he spent money like a fool and increased the national debt more than any other President....all the while asking several times to have the debt ceiling increased.

Debt is bad and we have too much of it, this philosophy is universal regardless of who is spending the money. If our national security is at stake...as in two wars...then maybe we should've been taxed more (temporarily) to pay for the bill.

As far as the budgets are concerned....it should be criminal that there has been no budget passed during Obama's time in office. It should've come up during the election and the country should've been pissed that there has been no plan for our money.

Although, I'm willing to bet that any budget passed would've simply been an outline of how they intend to get us deeper into debt, not a responsible plan for spending within our means.

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I've been pondering this for a few minutes, but I don't think there's a simple answer. It's certainly the case that there is a high degree of party allegiance, but I think it's also the case that legislators do sometimes attempt to represent what they think that their constituents want. If they don't, they might not get reelected.

But there's an ideological allegiance too. For example, there are conservative members of the democratic party who will break with their party on things like gun control or health care legislation. This is why gun control legislation is unlikely to pass even in the senate. It's also one reason why insurance companies are still involved in our health care system instead of having a single payer system. The current republican party has its so called "tea party" members who frequently buck their party's leadership on fiscal matters.

To make matters worse, it is now possible to give an unlimited amount of money to political candidates for (re)election. In many cases, I think it's fair to say that legislators represent monied interests more than those of us who actually cast the votes.

You are right that the legislators are lead by the money....but I'm not sure how to change it. People like to complain (not saying you are) about "special interests" that are fighting against their own agenda...never realizing or at least admitting that they belong to their own special interests. Take the NRA for example.....its a special interest that makes many people angry and they complain about all the "NRA Money". Problem is....that isn't "NRA Money"....per se.....its the money that came from the members to be used to fight in their place for our right to keep and bear arms. It isn't any different at all than the NAACP, the AARP, the educational unions, or any other collective group of people that have decided to pool their funds and fight whatever fight they feel is important. It would be impractical an inefficient for 5 million gun owners to continually lobby congress.....sure, they can march on Washington, but they can't march every week. It would also be impossible for a special interest to do what they do with out a budget and the funds to fulfill the budget.

Special Interests and lobby groups aren't necessarily good or bad...they just are. (and yes, I feel the same for those groups that aren't on my side). I'm not saying it isn't ugly, just saying I don't understand why people want to shut them down when they almost undoubtedly have their own special interest groups fighting for their own causes.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Of course there would be no debt ceiling problem if the Senate would have a budget and stick to it.
    True, so long as it's stipulated that said budget incurs no new debt. In order to pass and stick to such a budget, there'll need to be massive spending cuts, revenue increases, or both.

I see it looks pretty nice. I can't think of a reason I would use the takedown feature though so I wouldn't be willing to pay for it. Plus I have a weakness for wood stocks so my 10/22 would be different. I have thought about the Henry AR-7 as a backpacking/survival rifle.

I'm also thinking of getting a 10/22 specifically though I would want one set up for Appleseed shooting.

I'm also looking at the Marlin 795 and the Remington 552. How are the reviews on them?

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    You are right that the legislators are lead by the money....but I'm not sure how to change it. People like to complain (not saying you are) about "special interests" that are fighting against their own agenda...never realizing or at least admitting that they belong to their own special interests. Take the NRA for example.....its a special interest that makes many people angry and they complain about all the "NRA Money". Problem is....that isn't "NRA Money"....per se.....its the money that came from the members to be used to fight in their place for our right to keep and bear arms. It isn't any different at all than the NAACP, the AARP, the educational unions, or any other collective group of people that have decided to pool their funds and fight whatever fight they feel is important. It would be impractical an inefficient for 5 million gun owners to continually lobby congress.....sure, they can march on Washington, but they can't march every week. It would also be impossible for a special interest to do what they do with out a budget and the funds to fulfill the budget.

Special Interests and lobby groups aren't necessarily good or bad...they just are. (and yes, I feel the same for those groups that aren't on my side). I'm not saying it isn't ugly, just saying I don't understand why people want to shut them down when they almost undoubtedly have their own special interest groups fighting for their own causes.
    I'm okay with all of what you said so long as lobbying is constrained to meeting with elected officials to inform them of specific viewpoints.

The part that I have a problem with is that it is possible for "special interests" to contribute arbitrarily large amounts of money on behalf of a political candidate. While I think there are still limits on amounts that can be directly contributed to the candidate's campaign organization, we now have super PACs (thanks to the Supreme Court's Citizen's United decision) which allows for an unlimited amount of campaign spending.

4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I see it looks pretty nice. I can't think of a reason I would use the takedown feature though so I wouldn't be willing to pay for it. Plus I have a weakness for wood stocks so my 10/22 would be different. I have thought about the Henry AR-7 as a backpacking/survival rifle.

I'm also thinking of getting a 10/22 specifically though I would want one set up for Appleseed shooting.

I'm also looking at the Marlin 795 and the Remington 552. How are the reviews on them?
    Here is a review of the Henry AR-7. I have not considered that one yet.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...urvival-rifle/

Alot of guys like both the Marlin and the Remington.The price on the Marlin is Crazy cheap and may need some fine tuning.It also seems to be a little fussy on what ammo it likes. The older Remington 552 seems to be very accurate.

I may take a closer look at the Marlin. At that price I could afford to get something else as well.

My Flickr Photo stuff.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The AR-7 is a classic, as is the 552. What is your need/purpose for the rifle?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is a review of the Henry AR-7. I have not considered that one yet.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...urvival-rifle/

Alot of guys like both the Marlin and the Remington.The price on the Marlin is Crazy cheap and may need some fine tuning.It also seems to be a little fussy on what ammo it likes. The older Remington 552 seems to be very accurate.

I may take a closer look at the Marlin. At that price I could afford to get something else as well.
    I like the Ar7. I think its so cool that it can all be broken down and put into the stock.
    They have one at my local walmart right now in fact.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out this listing of adjustable dumbbells. I never knew so many existed. I'm not sure how Sherm got on there because his handles look like a halfass version of pro style handles, but whatever.

http://bodybuilding.wikkii.com/wiki/Dumbbells
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Whats up guys. I havent been around much because of how busy I have been, but have tried to check on the boxing and gym rings question threads.

Went to Disney World right after Christmas/during New Years. It was madness down there. Obviously the employees are super nice, but the other patrons were not. My wife was carrying our 9 month old in a baby carrier that sits on your chest (like in the movie "The Hangover") and had people literally PUSH her out of the way to get in lines, on rides, etc. I came extremely close to choking some people out down there. Luckily, for all involved, Disney employees intervened.

Speaking of choking people out, my wife has begun taking jiu-jitsu classes with me. I am really stoked and surprised that she has stuck with it so far. I havent gotten her to start the kickboxing classes yet, but maybe someday.
    In related news to that, this particular gym made us an offer that we could not refuse and since I sold all my equipment to a certain Tennessee resident on this forum, I am now doing Crossfit as a part of my gym membership. Last night was 1 hour of kickboxing, 1 hour of jiu-jitsu and then Crossfit. This is just experimental for now (Crossfit), but I will do it for 2-3 months and see how I like it all.

Hope all is well for everyone.
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 01-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.

www.ShankAZombie.com

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    It's not governemt spending that makes it impossible, it's the design of the US financial system.

The government borrows the US currency from the fed, at interest.

So, they immediately owe more than they borrowed.

Given that there is only one place to acquire more funds (the fed) needed to repay the debt plus the interest, you are in more debt trying to gather up the money to pay the original debt.

It's a great system if you are a shareholder of the fed.

I believe you have Woodrow Wilson to thank for your predicament.
    Deadwood.....I agree with everything you wrote. I forgot to include corrupt politicians when I blasted the media and the corporations.....now we have a real "axis of evil", don't we?

Daniel.....its somewhat amusing and embarrassing that someone from a country so far away understands our currency better than most of us....and that you can correctly blame the source.

I think I'm going to go get some new credit cards and buy some new stuff...I can't pay it back, but that's what bancrupcy is for, right?
    Reps for both these fine gentlemen on spread. You both get it. Nice!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking at buying a .22 caliber rifle for plinking. I really like the Ruger 10/22 takedown but I don't much about what else is out there. Who's got some recommendations?
    The Ruger 10/22 tactical has some more features but are they really needed on a .22? I am stuck with a 10 round clip (Ca.)

I have also seen two versions of the takedown. One has a 18'' stainless barrel and the newer one has a 16'' alloy barrel with a screw on flash suppressor. Which would you get and why?
    I am leaning toward the stainless if I can still find one new, believing it be more rust/wear resistent.

Lastly, what scope would you reccommend? I would like stay under 100 bucks. That puts me right over 500.00 bucks before tax.
    I have a Marlin 795 autoloader and with just the standard iron sights I can nail tacks with it. Really accurate right out of the box. You can add Tech Sights to it or a scope and still be around $200. Great deal.

I was at the range about 6 months ago and the guy next to me had one of the 10/22 Takedown models. He said it was nice but no matter what he did, he could not keep it zeroed in after he broke it down. Just food for thought.

Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    I have a Marlin 795 autoloader and with just the standard iron sights I can nail tacks with it. Really accurate right out of the box. You can add Tech Sights to it or a scope and still be around $200. Great deal.

I was at the range about 6 months ago and the guy next to me had one of the 10/22 Takedown models. He said it was nice but no matter what he did, he could not keep it zeroed in after he broke it down. Just food for thought.
    Have you done any mods to yours? I hear the trigger is really stiff but can be changed. Do you ever have problems with certain types of rounds?
    I was back to the 10/22 until I read your post. Do you remember if the barrel was stainless on his?

Thanks!

My Flickr Photo stuff.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you done any mods to yours? I hear the trigger is really stiff but can be changed. Do you ever have problems with certain types of rounds?
    I was back to the 10/22 until I read your post. Do you remember if the barrel was stainless on his?

Thanks!

Have you looked at the Marlin Model 60? It's a tube-fed semiauto, and it's available in several different configurations/finishes...including stainless.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...loading/60.asp
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just saw this video on another forum. An impressive show of strength and a nice gym as well. I think I could maybe do a dozen of them.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Have you looked at the Marlin Model 60? It's a tube-fed semiauto, and it's available in several different configurations/finishes...including stainless.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firear...loading/60.asp
    With 14 rounds I don't think I can have it in CA. I want a detachable mag anyway. Thanks though.

My Flickr Photo stuff.

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Whats up guys. I havent been around much because of how busy I have been, but have tried to check on the boxing and gym rings question threads.

Went to Disney World right after Christmas/during New Years. It was madness down there. Obviously the employees are super nice, but the other patrons were not. My wife was carrying our 9 month old in a baby carrier that sits on your chest (like in the movie "The Hangover") and had people literally PUSH her out of the way to get in lines, on rides, etc. I came extremely close to choking some people out down there. Luckily, for all involved, Disney employees intervened.

Speaking of choking people out, my wife has begun taking jiu-jitsu classes with me. I am really stoked and surprised that she has stuck with it so far. I havent gotten her to start the kickboxing classes yet, but maybe someday.
    In related news to that, this particular gym made us an offer that we could refuse and since I sold all my equipment to a certain Tennessee resident on this forum, I am now doing Crossfit as a part of my gym membership. Last night was 1 hour of kickboxing, 1 hour of jiu-jitsu and then Crossfit. This is just experimental for now (Crossfit), but I will do it for 2-3 months and see how I like it all.

Hope all is well for everyone.
    :-D

Hopefully the trip was overall very enjoyable.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

With 14 rounds I don't think I can have it in CA. I want a detachable mag anyway. Thanks though.
    I here you on the detachable. I have a tube fed autoloader 60's era Remington nice gun but I want mags for sports starting with appleseed.

If mag capacity might enter the question some states have exceptions for tube fed .22's even if not for anything else.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    offer that we could not refuse and since I sold all my equipment to a certain Tennessee resident on this forum,....
    Yikes bro, you sold all your equipment? Thats okay if you like your gym and its convenient to go there.

Sorry to hear about DW, I always hear stories like that about its packed and people wait in line for hours...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Yikes bro, you sold all your equipment? Thats okay if you like your gym and its convenient to go there.

Sorry to hear about DW, I always hear stories like that about its packed and people wait in line for hours...

There are a lot of people, but you don't have to wait in the lines. They have "fast pass"...which is basically making an appointment to ride....and it works very well. You go to a kiosk, get a ticket and go to the ride at the time window they tell you....they move you up to the end of the fast pass line, which is normally less than a 15minute wait and you ride. Some rides don't have them, but most do and all of the big rides do. You can go eat or see a show while you're waiting for your ride window. The only downside is you can only have an outstanding fast pass for one ride at a time.

It's free and it works fantastically. I've always been amazed that they don't charge for it, tbh. The funny thing is watching the people that didn't get a ticket give you mean looks cause they have to wait. I've never understood this......
    Last edited by Keetman; 01-29-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thanks!
    I haven't done anything yet. I like to use the gun for a little bit and get good with it in it's stock form before I start messing with it. I will probably add Tech Sights or an inexpensive scope. That's it. I bought 4 extra magazines from Cheaper Than Dirt. As far as problems with certain types of rounds, no issues yet. I have a large box of Remington Golden Bullets. I think it's a 525 count box. I've probably gone through about 250 of them and had one round get jammed by the bolt and just get bent. I also have 750 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and have had no issues with those.

As far as the 10/22 the guy at the range had. It was the stainless barrel model. He said he'd had it for a couple months. It had a scope on it and he said every time he broke it down, it lost zero. He seemed to like the rifle, but seemed a little annoyed by the zero issue. Just based on his comments, I would get the regular 10/22 if I were going to buy one.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I bought an AK last week, haven't got to shoot it yet. I figured that since the AR prices are freakin' outrageous at the moment, I'll play with the AK for a bit. If I don't like it I'll sell it, if I do like it, then I'm happy. The indoor range won't let you use rifles unless you buy a membership (at $200/6 months), so I'll wait until the weather is decent and go to my regular outdoor range.

I need a 22 as well, been on the lookout for a cheap one. It just hasn't been high on my list yet.

Tim, I've been thinking of the Appleseed shoots too. They look like fairly priced good times. I've actually got a little pamphlet sitting on my desk, just haven't looked into it any more than that.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post

Yeah, sold almost everything that I have, minus a couple of dumbbells (that I had doubles of), kettlebells, muay thai bag, tractor tire and some accessories (jump rope, boxing equipment, etc). Basically, the "bodybuilding" and "strength" equipment is gone.

There are a lot of people, but you don't have to wait in the lines. They have "fast pass"...which is basically making an appointment to ride....and it works very well. You go to a kiosk, get a ticket and go to the ride at the time window they tell you....they move you up to the end of the fast pass line, which is normally less than a 15minute wait and you ride. Some rides don't have them, but most do and all of the big rides do. You can go eat or see a show while you're waiting for your ride window. The only downside is you can only have an outstanding fast pass for one ride at a time.

It's free and it works fantastically. I've always been amazed that they don't charge for it, tbh. The funny thing is watching the people that didn't get a ticket give you mean looks cause they have to wait. I've never understood this......
    Fast passes worked out good for us, but we used my 9 month old to get "rider swap" passes, which work even better. They allow up to 3 people to use the fast pass lane (for each time, meaning 2 trips through the fast pass lane for at least one person)and you can get more than 1 at a time (not so with fast passes). So, that was ONE good thing about taking a baby.

All in all, the trip was good because my daughter had a BLAST and she was really the reason that we went to begin with.

www.ShankAZombie.com

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I couldn't help but notice that the York and Ivanko crews have each added new members recently, but the Equipment Crew hasn't added anyone in quite a while.

Just sayin'...
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Originally Posted by stasher1 View Post
    i couldn't help but notice that the york and ivanko crews have each added new members recently, but the equipment crew hasn't added anyone in quite a while.

Just sayin'...

no crew for you! Come back in 6 months!!

bb.com.... are you serious???? You've made the software so that all caps can't be used???

So weak.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast