Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool LifeTime Fitness! Is it worth what you pay?

Does anyone go to LifeTime Fitness? I live in Arizona and there is one by me. I want to take my workout to the next level. I mainly have done P90X and want to go to Gym now. However I am not sure if $110 a month for the both of us combined is worth it. Dont get me wrong Gym is huge and Awesome looking but not sure Ill sleep good at night spending this much. What is your experience here? Thanks.

SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10) SuperCK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BMoehr View Post
    Does anyone go to LifeTime Fitness? I live in Arizona and there is one by me. I want to take my workout to the next level. I mainly have done P90X and want to go to Gym now. However I am not sure if $110 a month for the both of us combined is worth it. Dont get me wrong Gym is huge and Awesome looking but not sure Ill sleep good at night spending this much. What is your experience here? Thanks.
    P90X2 or Body Beast

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have the space for a home gym? If so, 1 years membership at that price will buy you an awesome setup.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Do you have the space for a home gym? If so, 1 years membership at that price will buy you an awesome setup.
    This^^^^

I was going to a gym but I realized that with that money I was better off getting my own home gym. No gasoline, no traffic, no excuses. And at the end of my home gym "membership", I get to keep the equipment!

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow. $110 a month?
    Gold's Gym here is $10 a month, no contracts.

As others have said, for that price, you could a nice home gym.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It doesn't matter what it costs or where it is as long as you are going regularly and living a healthy lifestyle.

BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Well 110 is for my wife and I. for those of you that dont know about it. Its like a country club but for a gym they have absolutely everything. I would do home gym but I would like to do group training. They have classes like rock climbing teams and boot camp. I'm training for tough mudder so that would help. allot of my friends say its too much and thats stupid to pay that much.

MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MC707 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    It doesn't matter what it costs or where it is as long as you are going regularly and living a healthy lifestyle.
    But you can workout regularly and live a healthy lifestyle for less.

Well 110 is for my wife and I. for those of you that dont know about it. Its like a country club but for a gym they have absolutely everything. I would do home gym but I would like to do group training. They have classes like rock climbing teams and boot camp. I'm training for tough mudder so that would help. allot of my friends say its too much and thats stupid to pay that much.
    Listen to your friends mate, they are right. $55 is still a lot for a single person. I paid 30 bucks and it still hurt; now, it seems like you want to hear that you should go to the gym. By any means go. Again, most people here are average joes with average pockets - if you can cough that much dough, by all means go and workout like it's meant to. But if you're not recession immune, get a home gym and forget the membership fees! Just my friendly opinion.

Originally Posted by MC707 View Post

Listen to your friends mate, they are right. $55 is still a lot for a single person. I paid 30 bucks and it still hurt; now, it seems like you want to hear that you should go to the gym. By any means go. Again, most people here are average joes with average pockets - if you can cough that much dough, by all means go and workout like it's meant to. But if you're not recession immune, get a home gym and forget the membership fees! Just my friendly opinion.
    I think your right mc thanks.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Thirteen hundred a year isn't all that much if the fitness center will be your main social outlet, basically be a country club and hang out for you and your wife. I easily spend more than that every year on my main hobby. So does any guy who golfs, or owns a boat, or goes RV'ing with the family. Now if it is just going to be a workout spot it isn't worth it, I'm sure there is a 24 hour fitness in your area for much less even leaving a home gym out of the equation.

If you want a country club, go for it. If you just want a gym, keep looking.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I realize this. What I am saying is that there is nothing more valuable to a person than their health. Whatever the price it takes to motivate a person to keep them maintaining their good health is worth it.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Thirteen hundred a year isn't all that much if the fitness center will be your main social outlet, basically be a country club and hang out for you and your wife. I easily spend more than that every year on my main hobby. So does any guy who golfs, or owns a boat, or goes RV'ing with the family. Now if it is just going to be a workout spot it isn't worth it, I'm sure there is a 24 hour fitness in your area for much less even leaving a home gym out of the equation.

If you want a country club, go for it. If you just want a gym, keep looking.
    Good point. I am talking from the point of view of an ectomorph that needs 45min - 1h tops for training, more than that and it's useless to myself. I need intense, concise workouts. knowhmsayin?

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I realize this. What I am saying is that there is nothing more valuable to a person than their health. Whatever the price it takes to motivate a person to keep them maintaining their good health is worth it.
    Another good point, I did not mean to belittle your opinion whatsoever. In this case I am talking from the point of view of a college student that could use a bang-for-the buck approach

I think your right mc thanks.
    Yeah mate. Again what suits you best, go for it

Good point. I am talking from the point of view of an ectomorph that needs 45min - 1h tops for training, more than that and it's useless to myself. I need intense, concise workouts. knowhmsayin?

Another good point, I did not mean to belittle your opinion whatsoever. In this case I am talking from the point of view of a college student that could use a bang-for-the buck approach
    I'm not a college student and can easily party the membership. Its just everyone keeps telling me its throwing money away. But then again those people are not fit and spend three times that a month on eating out and fast food. I was looking at it it like its a suppliment that I have to take. Most protein cost about 50-60. This gym I think would help with my motivation and take me to the next level.

Again Im only asking to find out if it is really crazy to pay that much. I have two kids and they offer a daycare for two hours and they do workouts with the kids, they have a spa, barber, cafe, indoor and outdoor pool, and enough equipment so you never have to wait for someone.

That's cool. Some of us are not so lucky to spare that much cash for a service like a gym when we gotta pay tuition - if it helps with your motivation and keeps you on top of your game then by all means do so. What deadwood said applies here 100%, then.

I forgot to add the 6 Basketball courts, professional rock climbing wall (I really want to get into this) and all the group activities they do hardcore military style bootcamp, mma, and running clubs. Just making argument for home gym I won't get this there.

I don't do basketball, nor climb, nor do military style group activities, nor do mma, nor running. Nor do I "need" them. But if you are going to use them, then by all means do so. Nobody is forcing you to make a home gym. No need to argue about it.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

$55 is still a lot for a single person.

I disagree.

There's an average of 4.3 weeks in a month, so that's less than $13 a week.

If you go and workout 3 times a week, it's only about $4.30 per visit.

That's a good price for a well equipped gym, especially when most people spend more than that each day for a coffee.

When you add all of the extras (rock climbing, child care, spa, boot camp, etc.), it's a great value.

Again, if you use it. I am talking for myself, whereas if somebody else needs it + uses it, then it's fine.

A great value is subjective. It may be a great value for somebody to spend $55 per month * $12 months = $660 * 5 hypothetical years = $3300. That's more than an Elite collegiate rack + 300 pounds in CL weights and a bar. Assuming a person commits himself/herself to 5 years, paying around $3300 for said equipment, it is equivalent to going to said gym. And at the end of the period, you get to keep the equipment. Again, I am assuming MY needs and my opinion, which are weights plus a rack and nothing else fancy, which again I am not enforcing on anybody. If you are going to use all the gym has to offer, then YES, it is a great value.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Again, if you use it. I am talking for myself, whereas if somebody else needs it + uses it, then it's fine.

A great value is subjective. It may be a great value for somebody to spend $55 per month * $12 months = $660 * 5 hypothetical years = $3300. That's more than an Elite collegiate rack + 300 pounds in CL weights and a bar. Assuming a person commits himself/herself to 5 years, paying around $3300 for said equipment, it is equivalent to going to said gym. And at the end of the period, you get to keep the equipment. Again, I am assuming MY needs and my opinion, which are weights plus a rack and nothing else fancy, which again I am not enforcing on anybody. If you are going to use all the gym has to offer, then YES, it is a great value.
    $3300 over 5 years is nothing. Even when I was a student I could afford that.

How much would the average man spend on beer over the same period?

IMO even if op went to the gym and just used the basic squat rack and barbell (like you're advocating using in your gym) it would still be worth a few bucks per visit.

You also have to consider that not everybody wants, nor has the space for, a lot of gym equipment in their home.

I think im going to do it. You make a great point Daniel. I spend that much each month and dont know where the heck it went. At least with this im at the Gym not waiting for anyone to get off the GD machine putting in work and at the end of the day $55 more a month as a investment in my health and body is worth it to me. I dont care if the unfit friend thinks that $55 would be better spent on some Soda, Beer, Smokes, and Fast food each month while he looks flabby and cant walk to his car without passing out. Thanks for all your input. Im going tomorrow to get my free 2 week trial then my Lean Muscle building begins.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That place sounds pretty awesome. If you can afford it and use it, why not. How far is it from your home or job?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    That place sounds pretty awesome. If you can afford it and use it, why not. How far is it from your home or job?
    Like 5 miles.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I disagree.

There's an average of 4.3 weeks in a month, so that's less than $13 a week.

If you go and workout 3 times a week, it's only about $4.30 per visit.

That's a good price for a well equipped gym, especially when most people spend more than that each day for a coffee.

When you add all of the extras (rock climbing, child care, spa, boot camp, etc.), it's a great value.
    This is a great post. Considering people spend $13+ a day on cigarettes. Doing the math it might make sense "to us" to buy a nice gym, but it's not for everyone.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not a college student and can easily party the membership. Its just everyone keeps telling me its throwing money away. But then again those people are not fit and spend three times that a month on eating out and fast food. I was looking at it it like its a suppliment that I have to take. Most protein cost about 50-60. This gym I think would help with my motivation and take me to the next level.

Again Im only asking to find out if it is really crazy to pay that much. I have two kids and they offer a daycare for two hours and they do workouts with the kids, they have a spa, barber, cafe, indoor and outdoor pool, and enough equipment so you never have to wait for someone.
    I forgot to add the 6 Basketball courts, professional rock climbing wall (I really want to get into this) and all the group activities they do hardcore military style bootcamp, mma, and running clubs. Just making argument for home gym I won't get this there.
    It sounds like they have a lot of cool amenities and that you really want to go. As others have said, if the stuff there is what interests you and the wife, by all means, go. It sounds like it will be a good choice for you.
    Heck, I pay $90 a month for 2 days a week of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instruction....so its all in what you are interested in and if you can actually afford it. This gym seems to fill both of those requirements and has other things that will help you (daycare).

Oh and if anyone is interested, here is the Scottsdale Lifetime Fitness webpage: (not sure if this is the one the OP will go to, but I picked randomly)
    http://clubs.lifetimefitness.com/Scottsdale/11205/
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUDimond is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think im going to do it. You make a great point Daniel. I spend that much each month and dont know where the heck it went. At least with this im at the Gym not waiting for anyone to get off the GD machine putting in work and at the end of the day $55 more a month as a investment in my health and body is worth it to me. I dont care if the unfit friend thinks that $55 would be better spent on some Soda, Beer, Smokes, and Fast food each month while he looks flabby and cant walk to his car without passing out. Thanks for all your input. Im going tomorrow to get my free 2 week trial then my Lean Muscle building begins.
    I think you have given more than enough reasons in this thread to go ahead with the membership. I considered a membership at a Lifetime in Ohio but I would not take advantage of everything that they have to offer. If I had kids, was interested in group classes and everything else they have to offer I would be all over it. I'm sure the pool in the summer wont be bad either. Home gyms aren't for everyone.
    Nothing is impossible.

()---() York Barbell Club #10 ()---()

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Realistically, it's not for me because of the travel time and the fact that I wouldn't use all of the amenities.

BUT, if I just had a great partner, and he had to lift there, I would pay $55/mo.. I haven't had a steady partner in years, and having one made lifting a joy and my progression was great. One of the reasons that I lift at home is to stay away from all of the tools there, I would probably think differently if I could find a great environment.

If it works for you, do it !

BTW, all these friends that are telling you it's too much, are they working out, and if so, how often ?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JakeG93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the facilities are amazing but the amount of *******s that workout there is mind blowing it almost ruins it
    "If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."-Terence McKenna

tbweston has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to belong to the one in Tempe and loved it. I miss it horrible. I transferred to Rockville in MD a couple of years ago. It's half of what Tempe offers for twice as much. No pools(3 in AZ), no racquet courts or basketball, volleyball(all were in AZ). Plus, you get the added bonus that most of the trainers have no human skills at all unless you're waving money at them. More of them are rude than aren't. There are a couple real good people but not most. Being human is a job. No money, no kindness. They fit the weather here. Cold climate - cold people. AZ - warm climate - warm people. The younger guys here for the most part think they're a gift to the planet. I'd regift them some place else. I miss AZ horrible. They tell me it's so expensive here because it's the Potomac area like the folks in Scottsdale, AZ are on the food stamp program. Ridiculous! Enjoy AZ while you can.

writejeske has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lifetime Fitness

I was a member for about 4 years at the Champions location in Houston, Tx. I really liked the gym and for a single membership I was paying $67 a month, which is alot of money. What I liked about the gym is that it has everything you need and more. It has 3 pools, (indoor, indoor lap pool, and outside pool). It has child care, rock climbing, the staff is really helpful. I think this gym is worth if if you are using all or most of the facilities and you are seeing results. For example, I currently have a house with a pool that you can use about 7 months out of the year in South Texas, just depends on the weather. If you figure in the extra cost of my electric bill, pool chemicals, and anything that goes wrong with the pool, plus heavy maintenance on the pool and the time you spend working on a pool I would have to say Lifetime Fitness is worth it. However, if you just want weights and cardio there are cheaper choices out there that will give you the same results. I currently go to a gym and pay $10 a month and it works just fine for me. I do miss going to Lifetime Fitness and the only drawback to the location I would go to is the rush hour traffic getting there.