superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10) superOIRAM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First PT Interview

As a soon to be graduate, I'm desperately looking for a job (preferably as a trainer). I just got my first interview at a really nice health club/private PT studio. Only problem is that it is back home in NY (8-9 hour drive back/would it be bad to ask for a phone interview?) and i also have no idea what to expect. I've been training independently for a few months(5) and also taught a weight lifting class for the semester. Could anyone give me any ideas of what to expect and how to prepare(I need this job bad!).
    Also I've been considering get a certification for performance. I'm already certified through NASM and thought about getting the PES but may get the CSCS instead.

Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azrairc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by superOIRAM View Post
    As a soon to be graduate, I'm desperately looking for a job (preferably as a trainer). I just got my first interview at a really nice health club/private PT studio. Only problem is that it is back home in NY (8-9 hour drive back/would it be bad to ask for a phone interview?) and i also have no idea what to expect. I've been training independently for a few months(5) and also taught a weight lifting class for the semester. Could anyone give me any ideas of what to expect and how to prepare(I need this job bad!).
    Also I've been considering get a certification for performance. I'm already certified through NASM and thought about getting the PES but may get the CSCS instead.
    Asking for a phone interview is probably a bad idea, but better to ask than skip it altogether. Some gyms will have a initial interview then a practical. There going to want to know if you can make sales.. idk about it if its private studio though. This guy had some good ideas, he posts around this forum sometimes.

http://www.joe-cannon.com/fitness-jo...ps-to-success/