DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tricep Dips all they're cracked up to be

How good are parallel bar tricep dips for tricep strength and size? Ive tried them once or twice in the past and never really stuck with them as I dont recall getting a huge pump from them, and since there a compound the shoulders take over quite a bit. Which is what im trying to avoid as my shoulders are already overpowering everything else. Ive been sticking a lot with tricep extensions (OH DB, Skulls) and cable pressdowns. But I keep hearing everyone raving how good dips are for tricep size. Are they really all that great solely for tricep development especially if I already have CGBP in the routine?

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    CGBP is garbage kick that out of the routine all together. The majority of that is chest work TBH not much different than a regular bench as far as tricep engagement
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by spud1345 View Post
    CGBP is garbage kick that out of the routine all together. The majority of that is chest work TBH not much different than a regular bench as far as tricep engagement
    Your the first ive ever heard say that. For that matter then you could say scrap dips they hit the shoulders too hard. and only stick to isolation

LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50) LinebackerGod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DeadLiftCars View Post
    Your the first ive ever heard say that. For that matter then you could say scrap dips they hit the shoulders too hard. and only stick to isolation
    composition fallacy. stupid **** just do dips and lying tri ext.
    His name was Aziz Sergeyevich Shavershian
    Add Zyzz To Your Inspirational List *http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/zyzz/updateinspired.php

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dips are a good exercise for overall chest, tricep and delts. However I personally think they are terrible for the rotator cuff.

Originally Posted by spud1345 View Post
    This is bull****. CGBP is a great exercise. If you think too much chest is involved, then do floor press.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Selvest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dips work for me, I can really feel my triceps sore after them.

Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raid1911 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with OP, I just end up using my shoulders way too much on dips. Maybe it's just my shoulder strength lagging

J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) J9S3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depends on how far apart the bars are and the angle of your elbows.

Close bars + elbows tucked in tightly to your sides = triceps
    wide bars (not neccessary) + elbows out = lower chest

I've found by doing both these techniques correctly, my triceps have grown quite nicely and my lower chest has filled out considerably!

ivansdukes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ivansdukes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ivansdukes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ivansdukes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Fat loss only occurs when you are burning more calories than you are taking in. Your body already burns calories while at rest, but to increase fat loss you can also decrease your calorie intake by 3500 calories a week for every pound per week you wish to lose. Exercise is also a major component in weight loss and fat burning.