UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Short IF Cutting Log

Okay, I'll keep this short and sweet. This week I have no money to buy additional food, however I do have plenty of tuna, chicken, bread, tortillas, eggs, pasta, casein and a few other things. I'm doing IF, early morning fasted training and I am trying to cut from 14% bf to 8% bf. The past two weeks I have been trying to eat high protein and under my maintenance in addition to weight training and I've lost some fat and quite possibly gained a small amount of muscle. I didn't track anything at all though, just roughly estimated from what I knew, so some days were surplus and others a deficit.

This week I will do the same but I'll track everything I eat. So there's no set diet, I'll eat whatever but try to hit my macros (and a deficit). To keep me motivated and on track I'll keep it in a log here. I suppose it's like a test for me, to see whether or not I can stick to specific macros whilst not eating a set diet.

Macros are as follows...

2200 calories
    200g protein
    80g fat
    170g carbs

This log won't be anything amazing, I may take pictures of food (I know some people like that) but apart from that it's just to see how I do. Let's see how this goes.

UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10) UnitedKingdom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well today ended up differently, a friend bought me a fast food meal, just because I wasn't going to eat for ages and had fasted for over 16 hours. I made sure it was high protein. I will try using fitday soon, not sure how much food was in this meal exactly but this is a higher estimation.

- 30g BCAA's
    - 5 fried chicken pieces, fries, can of pepsi
    - 2 jammy dodgers
    - 1 tortilla, 1 tin of tuna, salad cream
    - 60g casein shake with 200ml milk

I make that...

165g protein
    ??g fat
    ??g carbs
    2220 calories

Can't work out fat and carbs, but I tried to work out protein. Yes, it's an estimate but I feel it's about right.

Went to the gym, did a back, lats and bicep workout and a little bit of cardio. Did about an hour of training total, so I'd say 400 calories burnt off there (~60 minutes intense weight lifting). Walked around a lot today, probably around an hour of walking with a 8kg rucksack in the heat. There's another 200 calories.

2220 - 600 = 1620

~400 calorie deficit (BMR is around 2000 cals)

This is all very approximate, wish I had one of them bodyfit things. Might get one when some money comes this way.

Looking a bit leaner, new veins appearing and I dropped 1lbs but it always sticks around 180lbs.

Only got around 5 or 6 hours sleep last night so I didn't go to the gym. I'm one of those people who need their sleep, at least 8 hours preferably...

Here are todays macros!

Just under on everything, might have hit fat and protein if I had those extra 200 calories. I didn't have them because I went to the gym. As you can see from what I've been eating I believe that if it fits in your macros, eat it.

So that's 2100 - 2000 (BMR) - 100 (walking the dog) = 0. Broke even today. Will make up for it tomorrow. Guess that's what I get for not leaving the house much today!

Chest and tricep workout tomorrow, going to add in 10 minutes of high intensity cardio.

Hasta mañana folks!

Went to the gym today, chest and triceps workout with a very short (5 minute) cardio warmup. I'll keep increasing this as I want to get my cardiovascular system better in addition to losing fat.

Today's consumption.

I didn't eat so much today because yesterday I hit maintenance, so this is making up for it.

1,700 - 100 (walking the dog) - 400 (gym session) = 1200

800 calorie deficit today. Aiming for 400 calorie deficit each day, so far the average is 400. Need to up my fats and protein though, I'll hit 200g protein and 80g fat tomorrow. Watch this space.

Love IF, I really do. Nice and focused in the gym, hungry afterwards but it's bearable. I seem to be more focused after the gym as well, no crash at all. Then when 11 rolls on, EAT TIME! Had two chicken sandwiches and straight after had two egg sandwiches. A bit later had a casein shake and a packet of crisps. Doesn't seem like much but I was full from them sandwiches. Been a while since I've had white bread, nom.

Getting some money soon so the eats will be better.

Back tomorrow!

mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In on this bro! Quavers are the ishh too for such low calories.
    brb 180 cals for the big share pack.

Cheers for stopping by Mike! Yeah I like Quavers, especially the prawn cocktail and salt n vinegar ones... mmm!

So there are the macros for today. I was going to hit 200g protein but I felt like having some chocolate weetos instead of a casein shake. Also less calories for a bigger deficit. Friend offered me a McDonald's bacon bagel, how could I say no?

2000 - 100 (walking) - 200 (cardio in gym) - (200 weights) = 1500

500 calorie deficit.

Did a proper shoulder workout today. I used to sideline shoulders and do them once every so often, low intensity... well I found out some new exercises for them and hit them today, could really feel it! I'm being cautious as to not injure them though.

Looking leaner again! No food in my stomach and tensed = super flat stomach. Just a pity there's a thin layer of fat covering my abs. Might get some pics up soon!

Tomorrow will be interesting... going McDonalds (lolwhut?) again. Kinda funny I'm on a cut and going McDonalds. Gonna make sure I reach my macros, will take a load of BCAA's if I must (120cal for like 28g protein).

Let's just say I consumed nearly 4000 calories today. In my defense it was a chill out day with my mates and I burnt off a crap load of calories walking (walked for like 3+ hours).

Chicken burger, chips and pepsi at a fast food place
    Big Mac meal with large strawberry milkshake and fries
    Chicken and bacon wrap with medium coke and fries
    Mcflurry

So quite a lot, lol. Roughly 3800 calories, 100g protein, around 400g carbs (!!!) and 100g fat.

3800 - 1000 (walking, more than 3 hours today!) - 400 (gym) = 2400

So that's a surplus of 400 calories. Meh, that's a days progress gone but maybe I'll add a bit of mass. I do think I burnt off a lot more walking, I did 2 hours alone in one go and walked so much today.

Did squats for the first time ever - only like 100lbs but still. I like them very much.

Finally got some money so I'm going to get some more food in. No more fast food, lots of pasta/rice/tortillas/bread and chicken/tuna/beef/eggs.

Hit fats today! Didn't hit protein, hit carbs.

Rest day today, did some walking though, probably burned off 150 cals.

2100 - 150 = 1950

250 calorie deficit.*

*I actually think I'm burning more than 2000 calories each day as BMR, I get 1800 - 1900 when I calculate it and if I times by 1.2 (sedentary) I get 2200. I tend to walk a lot each day and move about quite a bit, so I reckon I burn 2200 calories per day excluding gym and walking. I've been contemplating lowering my calories but I think if I'm eating 2200 and burning 2200 doing 'nothing' then that's good.

Going to go shopping on Monday for some more tuna and chicken, will keep my eye out for anything else that's interesting...

Can really feel that leg workout from yesterday! I'm walking funny!

mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would definitely say your 'multiplying thing' is for at least moderate even higher.
    Walking does burn alot of cals bro. Especially over long periods.

On monday keep look out for nandos hot sauce. Tastes UNREAL mixed with tuna and worcestire(sp?) sauce. Srsly, give it a go!

Also mirin dem weetos bro! At least something good the Americans dont have

Yeah I agree. I think I'm burning at total of ~2800 when I go to the gym each day, but of course I factor that in after (so I eat 2200, burn 2200 and then 400 - 600 deficit for the day).

Mmm will have to try that. I think spicy stuff makes me need a crap LOL, but I will try it on my tuna, eggs and chicken!

Heh yeah they are damn tasty! These are apparently special ones that dont go soggy in milk... mine went soft... hmmhmhmhm!

Todays macrooooooos!

I feel this log is going successfully... I'm in a deficit (for the most part), getting a fair amount of protein and almost hitting fat whilst eating some "junk food". Today I had...

King size/double lion bar. Nom. Added some calories and carbs, oh well! Enjoy it mucho.

Also had a big ass meal of tuna, pasta and sweetcorn with mucho salad cream. Took me like an hour to finish it all cos there was a lot.

2200 - 100 = 2100

So a 100 calorie deficit. It's a rest day.

I sort of re-evaluated everything and I have 4 weeks until I go on holiday. So I can lose around 4lbs in 4 weeks, I think. Would certainly look leaner, might not be enough but this isn't a race, I'm in it for the long run.

I will certainly keep this log alive for another week but I will start to actually hit my macros. 2200 calories, 200g protein, 80g fat, 170g carbs. I'll make my 'treats' more protein heavy, or have one every other day or something.

I have been a lot more consistent by having some chocolate/crisps in my diet, no binges at all and high protein, all on a deficit. Good stuff.

Great choice on the lion bars man! Tastes fukin unreal! I got lion ice cream bars in the freezer and they are only like ~170 cals each.
    Who cares about a bit too much calories, you are still in a deficit so its all good ... Have a good holiday man, Im going to one myself on Wedsnesday

Today went slightly different than expected. Quite a bit of guestimation went into these macros, I would say they are fairly accurate though. I had all you can eat pizza hut and I am disappointed... I didn't eat as much as I thought I would.

Heh, high calories, high carbs. Smashed fat though, lols!

3600 - 1200 (3+ hours walking in the heat) - 400 (gym) = 2000

So that's a 200 calorie deficit. Might be slightly off, could be more or less. I certainly walked a crapload again today. Couldn't do cardio in the gym though as my calves are still half dead from Friday!

Originally Posted by mike201011 View Post
    Great choice on the lion bars man! Tastes fukin unreal! I got lion ice cream bars in the freezer and they are only like ~170 cals each.
    Who cares about a bit too much calories, you are still in a deficit so its all good ... Have a good holiday man, Im going to one myself on Wedsnesday
    Yeah I had Mars icecreams, nom nom! Cheers mate, you too! Where you off to?

Going to make up the deficit this week.

Off to central Spain. Hopefully the weather there will pick up some, I heard its kinda cloudy now .

Good choice on the pizzahut, love that fukin place lol. Only been to the buffet once tho and it was a quiet a long time ago. Gotta hit it up ASAP.
    Nice choice with the mars ice cream too! Guess the soft serve in PH wasnt enough for you huh

Where you going on hols man?

I haven't abandoned the log! I just didn't have time to update it! Tuesday I was out all day, went to a friends and stayed there, then Wednesday I stayed out most of the day.

I've not bothered to track it all as it'd take me an hour or so because of the custom foods and that, but I definitely know I was in a large deficit. I walked for over 3 hours on Tuesday, as well as going to the gym, and on Wednesday I walked for another 2 hours.

Tuesday I had...
    2 chicken sandwiches
    Custard creams
    Noodles
    Some chocolate
    A packet of crisps
    A can of coke

Wednesday I had...
    Some custard creams
    McDonald's apple pie
    Large Big Mac Meal with strawberry milkshake

I would say together that's around 5000 calories maximum and I burnt off around 2000 calories from walking and the gym so it's a fair deficit of 700 cals each day.

Of course, don't think I hit my fat and protein macros. Ah well.

Originally Posted by mike201011 View Post
    Off to central Spain. Hopefully the weather there will pick up some, I heard its kinda cloudy now .

Good choice on the pizzahut, love that fukin place lol. Only been to the buffet once tho and it was a quiet a long time ago. Gotta hit it up ASAP.
    Nice choice with the mars ice cream too! Guess the soft serve in PH wasnt enough for you huh

Where you going on hols man?
    Nice one, have a good time! I haven't been to Spain for a couple of years now, miss it!

Yeah it's niceee but I got fuller much quicker than I expected.

I'm off to somewhere in the south of England, dunno where exactly, just with mates so it might be hectic lol!

Here are today's macros.

I also had a meal of chips, chicken and a can of pepsi which I've not added on fitday, I would say it was around 20g protein and 800 calories (I couldn't eat it all).

So +20g protein and +800 calories.

2250 calories, 145g protein

2250 - 400 (gym) = 1850 - 2200 = 350 deficit

Tomorrow I will hopefully get some cardio in if my legs are not too sore, did a back, bicep and shoulder workout in the afternoon instead of morning and I wasn't fasted, I think the workout went better today (more intense/stronger): could be from working out in the afternoon (I think I'm not fully awake in the morning), from the meal I had before the workout or because my friend I train with wasn't there annoying me...

I will try fasted afternoon training on Saturday and see how that goes.

Will hit 200g protein, 80g fat and 2200 calories tomorrow no matter what.

Here are today's macros. Disappointed. Didn't hit 200g protein. I felt too tired for an early morning workout, so I got up at 9 and had a load of coco pops. I should really add a few chocolates (200 cals max) and another bowl of coco pops to this but I didn't.

Went to the gym in the afternoon though, intense cardio, legs, traps, abs, triceps and a bit of back. Nothing too intense, just a general workout.

I'm considering working out in the afternoons instead of the mornings. It feels more intense in the afternoon* and I feel I could keep going for ages.

*It's either due to me being tired/not fully awake in the morning, my friends distracting me whilst working out (and waiting between sets) or because I've eaten beforehand. Not too sure which.

Also going to really sort the diet now. The past two weeks have been interesting: I've eaten a fair amount of protein daily whilst keeping to roughly 2200 calories. I have been adding in "junk" (you know what I mean) foods more than I really should have but I have stuck to this.

I'm going to let this log die and I will create a new, longer one. I'll be doing pretty much the same thing, but with more detail, eating a lot stricter (hitting macros each day) and having smaller treats or treats every few days.

Thanks to everyone who read the log.