Closed Thread
    00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Levothyroxine T4

Hi I suffer from Hypothyroidism so I am prescribed T4.

Is it true that some body builders take this to loose weight?

I am prescribed 250mg per day to keep my levels normal.

How much do people with normal thryroids take as a daily dose?

I didnt realise that all this time I just had to up my dose to loose weight. Silly me.

GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GatorRon24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You do NOT take 250 MG daily.
    ~~~Florida Gators Crew~~~

SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GatorRon24 View Post
    You do NOT take 250 MG daily.
    this, but i am pretty sure he meant .25 mg and even that is alot (i am prescribed .125 mg a day and i got it pretty bad)

edit: i also i would not up your dose because you can become hyperthyroidic also
    Last edited by SEANxALLxDAY; 06-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

<**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Weight b4 Bodybuilding - 455lbs (oct 2009)

Sponsored Watermelon WF v2 log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135478661

00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 00greena has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No Guys I really did mean 250mg. And im 22 years old and Ive been on the dose for 8 years and last month was the only time in my life that my blood test came back normal.

So back to my question. will increasing my dose to 350 speed up my metabolism and help me shed pounds,

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thats not possible to take that dose. T4 is not produced in amounts of such. You would be taking about 200 pills a day lmao.

Your such a silly smarty pants.
    ….

LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LFAMC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 00greena View Post
    No Guys I really did mean 250mg. And im 22 years old and Ive been on the dose for 8 years and last month was the only time in my life that my blood test came back normal.

So back to my question. will increasing my dose to 350 speed up my metabolism and help me shed pounds,
    Read a little more carefully, there is a "c" in between the "m" and the "g", therefore making it mcg (micrograms), instead of mg milligrams, as the post above mentions, if it was mg essentially you would be dead...

Oh, and DO NOT take more than what you are supposed to, unless you really want to F**** your body...
    *US Army Medical Corps*

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sometimes I consider getting some thyroid and then just adding calories to my diet so I can eat more snacks... Srs
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    To answer your question (in a general sense): no.

However, bodybuilders take T3 (triiodothyronine), or the hormone which T4 converts into. T3 is more potent, absorbed easier, and can raise/lower thyroid plasma levels quicker (shorter half-life). Thyroid hormones (T3/T4) increase metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. Hence, more calories are burned and more weight is loss.

It is important to note that thyroid hormones are catabolic in nature; and therefore, should not be used as the sole approach to weight loss (I highly discourage exogenous hormone use if natural levels are normal). Since your hypothyroid, your doctor prescribed you Synthroid. Usually, both T3/T4 are below-normal in hypothyroidism, but with supplementing T4, both levels will raise via two deiodinase enzymes. Said differently, higher T4 levels convert to higher T3 levels.

So yes, bodybuilders can supplement thyroid hormone to loss weight, but primarily in the form of T3 (Cytomel). Since you're hypothyroid, I would not attempt to self-medicate but refer to your doctor guidance and care.

Oh, and you're not taking 250mg. You're most likely taking 25mcg, or the lowest dose manufactured. Your should periodically check your levels and raise your dosage accordingly until your T4/T3 are in the normal range.
    I can resist everything except temptation.

haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) haynstyle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi I suffer from Hypothyroidism so I am prescribed T4.

Is it true that some body builders take this to loose weight?

I am prescribed 250mg per day to keep my levels normal.

How much do people with normal thryroids take as a daily dose?

I didnt realise that all this time I just had to up my dose to loose weight. Silly me.
    People with "normal" thyroids dont take thyroid medication. You are most definitely not taking 250mg/day as others have pointed out. If youre taking Synthroid or a generic version of it and only taking 1 pill/day, then its more likely your dose is 25mcg as Synthroid doesnt come in a 250mcg strength tablet. Either way, I would HIGHLY recommend not increasing your dose for weight loss. Increasing your dose without proper monitoring may cause weight loss but be prepared for the side effects that accompany it (fatigue, goiter, hypertension, diarrhea, hair loss, hand tremor, etc.)
    "But let him ask in faith, without any doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed." (James 1:6)

Originally Posted by haynstyle View Post
    People with "normal" thyroids dont take thyroid medication. You are most definitely not taking 250mg/day as others have pointed out. If youre taking Synthroid or a generic version of it and only taking 1 pill/day, then its more likely your dose is 25mcg as Synthroid doesnt come in a 250mcg strength tablet. Either way, I would HIGHLY recommend not increasing your dose for weight loss. Increasing your dose without proper monitoring may cause weight loss but be prepared for the side effects that accompany it (fatigue, goiter, hypertension, diarrhea, hair loss, hand tremor, etc.)
    Hi I appreciate all your comments but I will just confirm to you all that I take

250 Micrograms of Levothyroxine each day. I admit I made mistake of saying Mg which is miligrams. But it is deffinately 250 Micrograms and if anyone does not believe I will happily send my prescription as an attachment to anyone.

My prescription consists of 2 x 100microgram tabs and 1 x 50micrograms.

I know this is high because all my life I have had dangerously adverse blood results so the doctors kept increasing my dose.

The strange thing is.... I have never felt a symptom in my life... Not even tiredness. I even stopped taking them for 3 months when i was 15 as i refused to believe I had an underactive thyroid. but the tests always say im underactive. I can loose weight and gain weight no problem without altering my dose. Im just wanting to know if it will speed things up...

The thing I am really after is a good cutting suppliment. So any advice on that would be great. I have tried grenade and took 2 tabs and didnt feel anything...

Heres another question. Is the reason I dont feel anything from grenade partly to do with my underactive thyroid. I also dont feel anything from drinking red bulls or coffee. Pro Plus doesnt affect me either. (Even though I have not built up a tollerace because i dont have it that often)

The only thing that has slightly affected me is T5's .

So Im now on the mission to obtain Clenbuternol. Is that something I will have to obtain through a hardcore gym?

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi I appreciate all your comments but I will just confirm to you all that I take

250 Micrograms of Levothyroxine each day. I admit I made mistake of saying Mg which is miligrams. But it is deffinately 250 Micrograms and if anyone does not believe I will happily send my prescription as an attachment to anyone.

My prescription consists of 2 x 100microgram tabs and 1 x 50micrograms.

I know this is high because all my life I have had dangerously adverse blood results so the doctors kept increasing my dose.

The strange thing is.... I have never felt a symptom in my life... Not even tiredness. I even stopped taking them for 3 months when i was 15 as i refused to believe I had an underactive thyroid. but the tests always say im underactive. I can loose weight and gain weight no problem without altering my dose. Im just wanting to know if it will speed things up...

The thing I am really after is a good cutting suppliment. So any advice on that would be great. I have tried grenade and took 2 tabs and didnt feel anything...

Heres another question. Is the reason I dont feel anything from grenade partly to do with my underactive thyroid. I also dont feel anything from drinking red bulls or coffee. Pro Plus doesnt affect me either. (Even though I have not built up a tollerace because i dont have it that often)

The only thing that has slightly affected me is T5's .

So Im now on the mission to obtain Clenbuternol. Is that something I will have to obtain through a hardcore gym?
    wut?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    wut?
    What didnt you understand and I will clarify

VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VanBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yo man, look at your packaging. its mcg not mg. the c makes a big difference. thats where the decimal-250 is coming from

as for whether or not upping your dose will improve things in the gym, i doubt it. man try upping the coffee intake and stay away from carbs.

dont mess with your dose, your doctors are trying to get you balanced. maybe you have peripheral tissue resistance to T3? its rare, but it would explain why the steady increases in dose still aren't getting you balanced.

to everyone else 250micrograms is a HELL of a dose, but theres no reason not believe him.
    the dose depends on your size(binding proteins in blood), how effective your liver is at clearing T4 and T3, the severity of the thyroid condition etc etc

maybe your tsh isn't biologically active(might be where your problem is?)

either way, take safe amounts of HGH or something before ****ing around with your thyroid

PEACE
    Last edited by VanBrah; 11-10-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: additional info

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by VanBrah View Post
    yo man, look at your packaging. its mcg not mg. the c makes a big difference. thats where the decimal-250 is coming from

as for whether or not upping your dose will improve things in the gym, i doubt it. man try upping the coffee intake and stay away from carbs.

dont mess with your dose, your doctors are trying to get you balanced. maybe you have peripheral tissue resistance to T3? its rare, but it would explain why the steady increases in dose still aren't getting you balanced.

to everyone else 250micrograms is a HELL of a dose, but theres no reason not believe him.
    the dose depends on your size(binding proteins in blood), how effective your liver is at clearing T4 and T3, the severity of the thyroid condition etc etc

maybe your tsh isn't biologically active(might be where your problem is?)

either way, take safe amounts of HGH or something before ****ing around with your thyroid

PEACE
    250mcg is high, but acceptable.. but 250MG is not lol
    ….

usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Little changes in levothyroxine makes a big difference in people. I'm a pharmacy technician( not a pharmacists), but I would still not recommend you mess with it. Take what the dr says and he will adjust what you need, hormones are tricky to completely understand enough to try to control, unless you are extremely knowledgable and getting very frequent blood tests you stand a good chance of messing yourself up.
    Team Force Factor Rep
    www.ForceFactor.com
    Monster Mash 2014 prep???
    Performance Protein + oats=<3
    Pharmacy technician/Cop
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/force-factor/force-factor.htm

bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz bbmod1 has the mod powerz
    Prescription medication is to be discussed with your physician, not on the forums.