Closed Thread
Page 14 of 397 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedShreds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MatTheCur View Post
    As long as it's high intensity interval training, you're good. Don't sustain it over a long period of time, like an hour long jog.

It'll probably wreck your calves, but I doubt it'll be of any concern. Give it a shot for a week or two, and see if your lifts are suffering any. You really should be just fine.
    Cool thanks man. It probably will kill my calves but I enjoy jumping rope so I'm gonna try it out.

Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am starting this today although I will be only finding out what my max weight is I am able to do for all these exercises.

Friday- Heavy
    Sunday - Medium
    Tuesday - Light

Is what I can do. My gym is closed this Friday so would it be ok to do my medium day on Sunday once I found out what my max is for today? Then from there just do it all normally?

I'll start lifting later. tential's Avatar
    tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tential has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    OHP might be maybe 3/4s of your bench press. You have a lot less muscle to push in that direction and the leverage isn't as good. Also you've already toasted your triceps with bench press and pre exausted your shoulders. Do the best you can with it but don't agonize over it.
    My OHP is 25 lb dumbbells while my BP is 55 lb dumbbells. That seems like a huge mismatch =/. I just feel like my whole upper body is weird in terms of weights with my curls being 32.5 dumbbells.

Originally Posted by dbjorn View Post
    As far as getting into position for the DB bench. When i do those i sit down on the bench with the DB's on my knees. As i lean back i raise the DB's with my knees and pull them into position. Practuice with a lighter weight. Its a pretty natural movement tho.
    Did this, got through my 9 rep day well, not easily, but I got through it lol.

dohboy76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a quick question it's 4 sets for each exercise 2 being a warm up set for the first 4 exercises and Ive read that you don't need to do warm ups for the remainder exercises if that's the case should I being doing 4 sets or just 2 sets for those that don't need the warm ups ?

dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dbjorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start new job. I put in a 13 hour day before i made it to the gym. Onc ei got in there i was to exhausted to lift weights. Sadly all my days will be this long 5am-6pm. I am going to try sneak in some gym days on the weekend, but until i get use to this schedule weight lifting needs to take a break.
    "Do what they won't do today so you can do what they can't tomorrow"
    "Shut up and squat"

wado66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wado66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wado66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wado66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wado66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dbjorn View Post
    Start new job. I put in a 13 hour day before i made it to the gym. Onc ei got in there i was to exhausted to lift weights. Sadly all my days will be this long 5am-6pm. I am going to try sneak in some gym days on the weekend, but until i get use to this schedule weight lifting needs to take a break.
    If you figure out how to get "used" to a 13 hour shift then please let me know. I'm only working a 10 hour shift from 4:30am - 3:00pm and it's kicking my butt. It's not so much the 10 hours as it is the 4:30am part.
    With that being said, I did complete cycle 3 week 1 heavy day yesterday. So it ain't all bad.

Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ussop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last few questions sorry for being annoying. :S

When you do the warm up sets. Say on your first heavy day you do 1 set of 25% and one set @ 50% of your max weight.

What about on your medium and light days? Do you warm up with your max weight or the weight you are doing for that day?

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dohboy76 View Post
    Just a quick question it's 4 sets for each exercise 2 being a warm up set for the first 4 exercises and Ive read that you don't need to do warm ups for the remainder exercises if that's the case should I being doing 4 sets or just 2 sets for those that don't need the warm ups ?
    If you're not going to do warm up sets for an exercise, then you only do two work sets.

If you're going to do warm up sets for an exercise, then you do two warm ups and two work sets.

Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    Last few questions sorry for being annoying. :S

When you do the warm up sets. Say on your first heavy day you do 1 set of 25% and one set @ 50% of your max weight.

What about on your medium and light days? Do you warm up with your max weight or the weight you are doing for that day?
    Keep your warm up weights constant throughout the cycle. Always 25%/50% of your heavy day weights.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    I am starting this today although I will be only finding out what my max weight is I am able to do for all these exercises.

Friday- Heavy
    Sunday - Medium
    Tuesday - Light

Is what I can do. My gym is closed this Friday so would it be ok to do my medium day on Sunday once I found out what my max is for today? Then from there just do it all normally?
    Why not just do your 100% day on Sunday? Or is there something that's keeping you from the gym on Thursday for your light day?

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

DAVENCJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing the warrior diet, and this is pretty much how I feel when I go to bed. Doesn't feel like I'm grazing all day, either. Couple of fruits, 2 cups of coffee with a bit of skim milk, handful of almonds, good to go for the day.

Then you feast through a 4 hour period. So very nice, feeling that satisfied!
    I've been on the Warrior diet for about 3 weeks and lost a lot of fat, have you found any discussions on the diet elsewhere?

Originally Posted by DAVENCJ View Post
    I've been on the Warrior diet for about 3 weeks and lost a lot of fat, have you found any discussions on the diet elsewhere?
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131535343

That's the discussion that's been going on that I follow... Other than that, I haven't seen anything else.

BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BTlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    If you start with a 10 rep max or a tad lighter you wont have a problem until week 3. You keep going until the cycle is complete even if you fail. Any lift that you failed on week 5 heavy work out, you repeat the weight next cycle. Dual factor programing will do the rest.

Started your program this morning with no changes. Look forward to the progress this will help me to achieve. I will be logging all my progress/workouts as I always have in my bodyspace. I know after this morning I left the gym definitely felt it, this is also my first full body training each workout, I was using a program I had found that had 4 separate routines but you only worked out 3 days a week so it gave longer recovery in between the main muscle groups. I made good gains on it in the first 2 months but it took longer each day then I am going to have during my summer classes. This routine took me 50 minutes and I could have probably got that down by 5-10 mins, and I feel like I got more of a workout. Thanks again for the information

maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All Pro,
    After almost 5 cycles of this routine, I think it's time to try something else for a little while. This routine has been great in getting me over the hump. I've learned alot, gained strength, and have gained size.

I'm looking at migrating to a 5x5 like you have suggested in the past.

Would this one ( http://madcow.wackyhq.com/geocities/...Linear_5x5.htm ) be sufficient?

This one gives the option of military press or incline bench. Would this be a good time to switch over and get some work with the incline?

Thanks.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

####Working on Madcow's 5x5####

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by maximusAF View Post
    All Pro,
    After almost 5 cycles of this routine, I think it's time to try something else for a little while. This routine has been great in getting me over the hump. I've learned alot, gained strength, and have gained size.

Would this one ( http://madcow.wackyhq.com/geocities/...Linear_5x5.htm ) be sufficient?

This one gives the option of military press or incline bench. Would this be a good time to switch over and get some work with the incline?

Thanks.
    Just curious why you want to try something else? Have you begin to stall?

All Pro,

Thanks.
    If it's the same as this one http://www.wackyhq.com/madcow5x5/geo...Linear_5x5.htm which it seems to be, then yep. That's one of the ones that he endorses. Let me know if you want a couple of different options... I've got two more links for intermediate programs, plus AP's split.

Originally Posted by Xyas View Post
    Just curious why you want to try something else? Have you begin to stall?
    I can see that someone would want to go on to something new after 25 weeks of the same. If it's starting to get boring, then moving on is totally recommended.

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ahhh good point.

In funny news today....a guy at the gym asked me why I'm doing squats. "Don't you know they make your balls smaller?"

-_-

maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maximusAF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If it's the same as this one http://www.wackyhq.com/madcow5x5/geo...Linear_5x5.htm which it seems to be, then yep. That's one of the ones that he endorses. Let me know if you want a couple of different options... I've got two more links for intermediate programs, plus AP's split.

I can see that someone would want to go on to something new after 25 weeks of the same. If it's starting to get boring, then moving on is totally recommended.

Yeah, that's the main reason why. I've stuck to this routine for a long time. Nothing wrong with trying something new for a change.
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Myofusion
    ON Casein
    Green MAG
    NO Xplode/SuperPump MAX
    FOOD

####Working on Madcow's 5x5####

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xyas View Post
    Ahhh good point.

In funny news today....a guy at the gym asked me why I'm doing squats. "Don't you know they make your balls smaller?"

-_-
    Just like drinking Mountain Dew will lower your sperm count, didn't you know?

*rolls eyes*

They only make your nuts smaller 'cause your quads become SO FREAKIN' MASSIVE.

Just like drinking Mountain Dew will lower your sperm count, didn't you know?

*rolls eyes*

They only make your nuts smaller 'cause your quads become SO FREAKIN' MASSIVE.
    I told him that's why i was doing them....the girls have been complaining they're too big so I gotta shrink them a bit. :-D

The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you ain't squattin, you doin nothin

The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The-Iron-Sloth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh and here's a FAQ I put together from all-pro's answers about a year ago.

prob worth attaching again
    Attached Files

fero4u123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is This Okay

Okay Tell me if this is okay, I got a feeling it's probably not though. I'll feel better hearing it from someone.

(If You dont want to read all the extra info please skip to my attempted highlighted section which contains the questions )

Okay So I started this program a few months ago on for a week or 2 then off for a month or two...you know typical beginner unfocused/not serious stuff and expecting to look like Arnold haha (I did this for about a year and a half with all types of programs lol).

So here's the deal about 7weeks ago I started this ON again and serious for the first time and got through a full cycle for once. (Extra Week or 2 added because I had to take it very slow and repeated weeks because I got some horribly painful exertion headaches from improper breathing. They are gone now and of course I researched what I SHOULD have been doing now.).

So anyway Program so far has worked great... I mean like really GREAT ! I somehow gained 10lbs ! I know all of this isn't muscle but hey...I am still happy because I was Skinny.

I am on my 1st Week of my 2nd Cycle and I did my first Heavy Day with increased weights....Felt pretty good. Wasn't too hard, or too easy. I got through it with ease.
    <----------->
    Almost to the question I've been trying to get to. I said all that other stuff earlier just to give a little background. -- Af the end of each serious set (3 and 4) I did 1-4 pull ups and 1-4 chin ups. Struggled in the beginning on cycle 1 but at this point they are a PIECE OF CAKE. and it FEELS SO GOOD DOING THEM. Good Form and all with no kipping/using help. I did a test and I am able to do 9 of them before I start to lose form and struggle. (Although I never do 9 I just tested to see how many I could do. I always do 4-5 usually) On the Medium days I did 3 on the light day I did 1-2.

So my question is

...:::|||"SHOULD I CONTINUE to do the pullups and chinups in the same fashion and increase it to 5/3/1-2 for my second cycle and maybe add 1 more rep every 2 week and start at 6 when I get to 3rd cycle ?"|||:::...
    <----------->
    Little More Info:
    My Pic and Body Space pics/stats is pretty much how I looked before Starting this seriously.
    I Only have access to Dumbbells(set of 5lb-50lb incrementing by 5) and PullUp Bar, Bench, I'm 22, 5'11", Current Weight: 152lbs, 14%BF, Squat,BP,Rows,SLDL at 40lbs currently (80 Total in dumbbells). 30lbs everything else (60 Total in Dumbbells ). I'll think about getting a Gym Membership/Barbells I can afford when I see this dumbbell set is no longer useful.

Thank You to anyone who took the time to read all this. Sorry It was long, but I wanted to try and give a little background if it helps any. Oh yeah and originally I added the pullups because I wanted something more since I only have dumbbells and I felt I didn't give my back enough work. I appreciate Any advice you have to offer.
    Last edited by fero4u123; 04-19-2011 at 01:09 PM.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All Pro,

Thanks.
    That's one of the better set ups. I've got a link to a more advanced version when that one starts crapping out........in about 6 months to a year.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fero4u123 View Post
    Okay Tell me if this is okay, I got a feeling it's probably not though. I'll feel better hearing it from someone.

(If You dont want to read all the extra info please skip to my attempted highlighted section which contains the questions )

Okay So I started this program a few months ago on for a week or 2 then off for a month or two...you know typical beginner unfocused/not serious stuff and expecting to look like Arnold haha (I did this for about a year and a half with all types of programs lol).

So here's the deal about 7weeks ago I started this ON again and serious for the first time and got through a full cycle for once. (Extra Week or 2 added because I had to take it very slow and repeated weeks because I got some horribly painful exertion headaches from improper breathing. They are gone now and of course I researched what I SHOULD have been doing now.).

So anyway Program so far has worked great... I mean like really GREAT ! I somehow gained 10lbs ! I know all of this isn't muscle but hey...I am still happy because I was Skinny.

I am on my 1st Week of my 2nd Cycle and I did my first Heavy Day with increased weights....Felt pretty good. Wasn't too hard, or too easy. I got through it with ease.
    <----------->
    Almost to the question I've been trying to get to. I said all that other stuff earlier just to give a little background. -- Af the end of each serious set (3 and 4) I did 1-4 pull ups and 1-4 chin ups. Struggled in the beginning on cycle 1 but at this point they are a PIECE OF CAKE. and it FEELS SO GOOD DOING THEM. Good Form and all with no kipping/using help. I did a test and I am able to do 9 of them before I start to lose form and struggle. (Although I never do 9 I just tested to see how many I could do. I always do 4-5 usually) On the Medium days I did 3 on the light day I did 1-2.

So my question is

...:::|||"SHOULD I CONTINUE to do the pullups and chinups in the same fashion and increase it to 5/3/1-2 for my second cycle and maybe add 1 more rep every 2 week and start at 6 when I get to 3rd cycle ?"|||:::...
    <----------->
    Little More Info:
    My Pic and Body Space pics/stats is pretty much how I looked before Starting this seriously.
    I Only have access to Dumbbells(set of 5lb-50lb incrementing by 5) and PullUp Bar, Bench, I'm 22, 5'11", Current Weight: 152lbs, 14%BF, Squat,BP,Rows,SLDL at 40lbs currently (80 Total in dumbbells). 30lbs everything else (60 Total in Dumbbells ). I'll think about getting a Gym Membership/Barbells I can afford when I see this dumbbell set is no longer useful.

Thank You to anyone who took the time to read all this. Sorry It was long, but I wanted to try and give a little background if it helps any. Oh yeah and originally I added the pullups because I wanted something more since I only have dumbbells and I felt I didn't give my back enough work. I appreciate Any advice you have to offer.
    If rows and curls die on you you'll know what killed them.

trb91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm completely new to weight / strength training and I greatly appreciate all the info in this thread, especially the routine. I did it today for the first time and really like that as a beginner, I get to work all the main areas in one day. Among other things, I think this will help me learn the exercises more quickly since I'll be doing them every couple of days.

I have a question related to calories:

I'm 41 and trying to burn off some fat. Underneath, I think I'm what I'm seeing referred to as "skinny fat". That said, I'm eating super clean and doing cardio (P90X start of phase 2 but will drop the resistance training portion of that in favor of this routine). I'm tracking calories and with P90X, I tracked my burn using a heart monitor. I'm assuming a heart monitor isn't going to be very effective in tracking burned calories during this routine. Am I wrong? If not, is there a safe guesstimate for someone my age that's hideously out of shape? Maybe 350 calories or so?

Thanks again to everyone for the helpful info and to the OP for sharing this routine!

jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

More Stalled Lifts

Today when I was doing heavy day again, more lifts stalled on the second set than last time..

On bench press I got 10 reps first set but stalled before 8 reps on the second set
    On bent over rows the weight felt really heavy and I wasn't getting the full rom( touching the lower chest).
    For military press I got 10 reps first set and got 5 reps second set. Will I eventually push through this?
    What happens if I get all reps first sets on final week of cycle but fail on second sets? Could I still advance in weight? Or do I have to get all reps for both sets?

I feel that if I took a 2 minute and 30 second rest I could most likely get all reps for both sets.
    Would it be OK to take a 2 minute 30 second rest instead of 1 minute 30 seconds?

Thanks,
    James

Originally Posted by jdlucke2373 View Post
    Today when I was doing heavy day again, more lifts stalled on the second set than last time..

On bench press I got 10 reps first set but stalled before 8 reps on the second set
    On bent over rows the weight felt really heavy and I wasn't getting the full rom( touching the lower chest).
    For military press I got 10 reps first set and got 5 reps second set. Will I eventually push through this?
    What happens if I get all reps first sets on final week of cycle but fail on second sets? Could I still advance in weight? Or do I have to get all reps for both sets?

I feel that if I took a 2 minute and 30 second rest I could most likely get all reps for both sets.
    Would it be OK to take a 2 minute 30 second rest instead of 1 minute 30 seconds?

Thanks,
    James
    You should take 1.5minutes rest between your work sets.

What cycle are you on? This is all endurance, which will catch up as you go along. I hope you really did take your proper 10RM.

On the 5th week heavy, if you break form, cheat, only get through 1 set, or do not get all 12 reps on the second set, or a spotter touches the bar, you fail that exercise. No questions asked.

As for OHP, yes, you'll get through it. It's more endurance that's lagging right now. Make sure you're rested and well fed.
    Last edited by MatTheCur; 04-20-2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Where is my mind?

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is okay to do light day then rest only one day before doing a heavy day?
    Have to miss today's workout so do I just skip it or rest one day before heavy?

jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdlucke2373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should take at least 1.5minutes to 3 minutes rest between your work sets.

What cycle are you on? This is all endurance, which will catch up as you go along. I hope you really did take your proper 10RM.

On the 5th week heavy, if you break form, cheat, only get through 1 set, or do not get all 12 reps on the second set, or a spotter touches the bar, you fail that exercise. No questions asked.

As for OHP, yes, you'll get through it. It's more endurance that's lagging right now. Make sure you're rested and well fed.
    I've been only taking 2 minutes usually. I think the reason why my endurance is so bad is because I just got off Starting Strength and was on it for 5 months.... and on Starting Strength I was taking 5 minutes rest between work sets!
    I can take 3 minutes between work sets and not ruin the program? I think 3 minutes would really help to be able to push the weights up.

EDIT. I'm on the 1st cycle, still getting used to doing high rep ranges. For the past 7 months I've been doing in the 5 rep range and no more.
    This was the heavy workout of Week 3.

So as you can see, this high volume mixed with low rest times is ANNIHILATING my muscles. It feels painful which is good. But I worry about the strength gains due to me fatiguing so quickly.
    Last edited by jdlucke2373; 04-19-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

You should take at least 1.5minutes to 3 minutes rest between your work sets.
    I don't know about that one, Cur....I'm pretty sure AP has the 1:30 rest time between work sets specifically timed to work into the physiology of how this program splits the differences between size and strength gains. I'm under the impression that when you tinker with rest times (increasing because you're too tired, or decreasing because you're amped), it's messing with the structure of the program.

I could have interpreted this incorrectly, though.....I know AP isn't on here all the time, but AP - if you catch this, I'd love to get your feedback on this one....Seems to come up every 5 pages or so
    Well done is better than well said.

Closed Thread