Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)

tall ppl vs. short people

This thread is dedicated to everyone sharing their opinions over height. Personally at 6 ft and being asian, i feel as if I fall into the tall category. I've always thought that shorter and stockier people have the benefit in bbing, pling, boxing, etc. Shorter people have less of an area to distribute mass, so they can main physical gains faster. Also, i believe they can lift heavier, because the wieght is closer, for example, in a barbell curl. A visual example: Try hanging a weight on your forearm and curling it. It should be much easier than holding the wieght in your hand.

However, tall people also have some benefits. They tend to look more aesthetic and have an artistic, model-like look to them. Its also a plus with women, and with increased reach in fistfights.

These are simply my opinions. I am in no way trying to persuade anyone that these thoughts are the truth. Feel free to share your point of view on the subject. Peace

Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't neccessarily say that it's easier for short people to get muscular. It just seems that way because something like an 18 inch arm would look bigger on a guy thats 5'8 than 6'2. Plus I think the majority of people that lift heavy weights are short because they are trying to make up for their lack of height. Like you said, women like tall men, so short men try to make up for it by building big muscles and probably work harder. Although it does seem like the average height of the pros is bout 5'9 so maybe it is an advantage. You can count all the successful pros that are 6'0 on one hand.

FUT 1S FUT1LE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting. . .

But remember, in terms of bodybuilding, I feel being taller helps. Atleast in my case being tall and skinny. I don't have to worry TOO much about fat loss in diet as some short bulky people do as my metabolism is pretty fast. Also,in terms of bodybuilind, like you said, muscles do look better.

In my opinion, its as simple as this. . .

Short --> Strength Training

Tall --> Bodybuilding

Have you ever seen strength competitions? I bet if every single contestant was wearing a large winter coat people would think they are short, fat and unhealthy.

TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000) TricepsNGirls is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump good thoughts from both fut is futile and mighty mikey g.

Some personal experiences as a tall person:

I don't have to watch my wieght AT ALL. I seriously do not gain body fat. I have a six pack, and eat all the chocolate, chips, pizza, and snacks i want (i consume about 6k cals a day). To me, this is a great benefit because i am able to enjoy a part of life which i really appreciate : food . However, it is balanced by the fact that muscle comes to me much harder. As a tall ecto, i often find myself ashamed to say that i lift, because i find many people around still bigger and heavier than me. However, i still try really hard, and am trying to learn new methods for increasing both body mass and lifts.

ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bad things about being short is that a little fat shows alot
    good thing same thing about muscle
    i wrestle

PowerLifting
    www.fortifiediron.com

EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EAE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I never understood why people think it's so much easier for a short person to gain mass than it is for a tall person. Sure, 10lbs on a short guy looks like more than on a tall guy, but that 10lbs is that much harder for the short guy to get.
    I think it evens out, personally. Also, if you took two people with the same proportions, the taller one would look bigger, so that's a plus. But in the end you just have to be happy with you have, because untill we can pick and choose our height threads like this are meaningless.

DaAznGame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5"5 , so i fall into the short category, I do look stronger than most people taller than me at my school, and I can get girls even without the height, it's just all about how you carry yourself, short and no confidence = loser, but they can fix their problems by improving, short with charisma= who gives a damn how tall you are. Being short has its advantages and disadvantages. And I really don't find skinny tall people intimidating , they just look like a toothpick that I can throw around , no offense to anyone though. That's just my opinion.

Be happy with what you got, tall or short.

littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) littlebuffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DaAznGame:
    True that, i got the short genes aswell. im 5'5 and not indimidated by anyone taller unless they are built like a brick ****house and are after my guts with companions.. I find most people respect me and like me i am short aswell as tougher than the average guy
    im probarly one of the smaller guys on the board but in my area im one of the biggest (muscle wise)
    I just look at it this way, if i were 6' i would be prolly over 200lb
    also its debatable wheither tall guys get all the girls, us short guys still get girls, not the 2nds eithers.. it all depends on the girl some girls like shorter guys better others dont care they all have different likes
    T 1 D

Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: tall ppl vs. short people

Originally posted by TricepsNGirls
    This thread is dedicated to everyone sharing their opinions over height. Personally at 6 ft and being asian, i feel as if I fall into the tall category. I've always thought that shorter and stockier people have the benefit in bbing, pling, boxing, etc. Shorter people have less of an area to distribute mass, so they can main physical gains faster. Also, i believe they can lift heavier, because the wieght is closer, for example, in a barbell curl. A visual example: Try hanging a weight on your forearm and curling it. It should be much easier than holding the wieght in your hand.

However, tall people also have some benefits. They tend to look more aesthetic and have an artistic, model-like look to them. Its also a plus with women, and with increased reach in fistfights.

These are simply my opinions. I am in no way trying to persuade anyone that these thoughts are the truth. Feel free to share your point of view on the subject. Peace
    I couldn't agree anymore than this!!

I know a lot of short guys (i'm a tall guy @ 6') who look a lot more built/muscular and weigh about the same as I do, yet i'm still able to put up more weight then them. I don't get it.

Also, shorter people have a shorter ROM which allows for them to (usually) lift heavier weights.
    @155 lbs.BW (as of 5/19/03)

Max Bench:225
    Max DL:355
    Max Squat:285
    Max Military:145

Don't Mess With The
    BABY BEAR!

Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was getting into this with guitarguy on another thread, but since this thread is dedicated to it, I'll happily carry the torch over.

Basically, short people DO have it easier, at least in the beginning. A short person will have an easier time looking bigger, but they will hit their genetic limit faster, whereas the taller guys can keep packing on mass. Personally, I'm towards the short end at 5'7, and I love it because I'm quite wide, and it is amplified by not being as tall. A 2lb gain on my arms looks a lot bigger than a 2lb gain on someone that is say 6'3, because I have shorter arms, and thus the muscle looks larger. For the same amount of effort, a short person will look bigger (ie the tall guy will have to gain a lot more muscle to look the same size, and thus will have to work a lot harder).

AoW

Re: Re: tall ppl vs. short people

Originally posted by Baby bear'85

Also, shorter people have a shorter ROM which allows for them to (usually) lift heavier weights.
    big bump on the rom. However, i would never mess with a buff short person

Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dr_Funk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These are all excellent points.

Personally i feel tall people are better suited for boxing because of reach, and BBing because they basically have a larger canvas to work with.

Short people excell in PLing because they don't have very far for the weight to travel.

Tall people gain weight easier. Short people LOOK like they gain weight easier.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.

P.S. I'm 6'6"

AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AussieTank has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do agree with a previous comment that short ppl try to make up for not being tall by working out.
    Personally i think no matter who you are tall, short, skinny or fat anyone can stake on heaps of muscle Dont use the excuse that your too tall.
    WHAT do you call a Bodybuilder with big balls ?

A Beginner

baxters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

tall people

would not be easy doing this exercies
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...CalfRaise.html

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    benefits or not, id rather be tall.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

joshi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tall bodybuilders look awesome when they pile on the mass, much more better then the shorter bodybuilders. i mean how many times has Lee Priest won a competition and how many times has Kevin Levrone won?

jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Joshi, u Indian/Hindu?
    Right get this everyone, I am standing at 5ft2" and around 165lbs. I look very big for my height and am actualy bigger than a lot of 6 footers I know. So this is an advantage of being short. I mean if I put on 10lbs of muscle in 3 months and a 6 footer did the same thing, it would be much more obvious on me, so this is good.
    BUT! Because I am so short and endomorophic my RMR is very low, only about 1500, so I need to eat very little in order to cut, presently I try for no more that 1300 calories. Bulking, which is supposed to be the pig out season also has to be very clean for me, no more that 2500 calories a day. In a way this is good because I dont need to eat too much, but also I have to take care of my caloric intake during bulking. I am standing at around 30% bf (Tanita scales - how accurate is this?) at the moment, which really looks bad, but if I was taller with the same amount of fat in pounds (not in percentage!) I would look much leaner.
    ALSO being short kinda sucks! People always look down on me physically like they are better than me in a conceited manner and I don't like that. It has been a big problem getting girls in clubs. Sometimes I'm a real player and the girls are chasing me, but also I have been rejected because "you're too short" To this I say F U Bitch!
    As far as strength goes, the taller you are the stronger you are naturally. My squat is 300lbs, very good for my height. My bench is a small 165lbs. Im not happy with this, and I see taller people who are much smaller than me lifting much more, I dont know why this is.
    Now a guy like Sisquo is hot because he is short, probs not much taller than me, but is very small with a good muscular lean body. If he was a big bodybuilder at that height, girls would not look at him like they do.
    Opinions please........

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    its gr8 2 c an intelligent thread, one that hasn't existed here in a loooong time.

personally, at 6'3", i feel we taller peeps find it harder to gain mass, but at the end of the day we look more complete.

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The shorter ROM thing helps a lot for certain motions. However, when you're short and have long forearms, you can't lift as much as you want to, like myself. Real bummer...

5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5atanic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm around 6" as well and people consider me in the tall range (azn as well). I find it rather difficult to gain mass since I would have to eat a lot, but when cutting I find it much easier and I can still eat a decent amount of food and still lose fat. I guess as many people mentioned before, each has its own advantage/disadvantage.

One thing I don't like being fairly tall is dat I look rather skinny on the outside due to mah height and I don't weigh a ton either (yet.. hehe) and I look rather fragile at times

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It all comes down to a simple work equation:

work = force X distance

Weight is another name for force if you didn't know already.
    So if a short person and a tall person have the same muscle distribution (that is they both have say 120 lbs. of muscle), the short person can use more force/weight because he has less distance to travel.

Genetically, a taller person does not simply get as much muscle per inch as a short person. Genetic height and genetic muscle are two totally different independent things.
    I'm back. For good.

wow awesome replies!

Another sub-topic to think about...

Has anyone ever been discriminated because of their height?

I remember that as a kid, i was always one of the tallest in the class. In fact, i was already 6 feet in middle school. This always seemed to burden me a little, because more was always expected out of me. When you are physically taller, people treat you as if you are older than your age, and expect you to be able to achieve more than someone that was more on the shorter scale.

Also, strange enough, i was often bullied for my height, because I was a bit shy and antisocial as a kid.

Now, in my freshman year in high school, i find that height is more of a boon. It gets you respect when dealing with people, and people always acknowledge your presence.

IMO, early in life, being short is a little better. You are burdened with lesser expectations, and girls think you're really cute, no matter if you are or aren't . However, in my train of thought, taller men get the better treatment in adult society.

peace

jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm, maybe back in school some of the idiots took the piss for having stopped growing at the age of 14, but now if anyone says anything I just look at them in a scary way and they back down completely . Although I am just a few inches over 5 feet, I have 16.5 inch guns and not many everyday people can match that even at 6 ft. I am now 20 and before 19 or so I was very depressed about my height, now I aint too bothered, its the way I am, I have to accept it.

Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50) Avatar of War will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bigtraps, another thing you have to consider is torque. With shorter limbs, short people have less torque applied to their lifts and thus can lift the same weight more easily (for those lifts where torque applies anyway).

As far as discrimination, there are a lot of girls that feel to self conscious about going out with a guy that is shorter. Even at 5'7, I find this to be a problem. Some won't care, but going out with a taller girl certainly feels weird.

And as for tall people getting bigger, well look at Gunter, he weighs in heavier than (most?all?) Mr. O. competitors. He has a bigger frame, so obviously he can pack more mass on. My main point, though, is that it is EASIER for us shorter folk to look bigger, and frankly I don't mind one bit =)

AoW

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Avatar of War
    Bigtraps, another thing you have to consider is torque. With shorter limbs, short people have less torque applied to their lifts and thus can lift the same weight more easily (for those lifts where torque applies anyway).

As far as discrimination, there are a lot of girls that feel to self conscious about going out with a guy that is shorter. Even at 5'7, I find this to be a problem. Some won't care, but going out with a taller girl certainly feels weird.

And as for tall people getting bigger, well look at Gunter, he weighs in heavier than (most?all?) Mr. O. competitors. He has a bigger frame, so obviously he can pack more mass on. My main point, though, is that it is EASIER for us shorter folk to look bigger, and frankly I don't mind one bit =)

AoW
    Thanks for mentioning torque! I appreciate not being the only one who sees it correctly
    I'm back. For good.

Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by joshi
    tall bodybuilders look awesome when they pile on the mass, much more better then the shorter bodybuilders. i mean how many times has Lee Priest won a competition and how many times has Kevin Levrone won?
    Levrone is 5'9 at most. the magazines say he is 5'10. Either way he is not tall at all.

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by BigTraps

Genetically, a taller person does not simply get as much muscle per inch as a short person. Genetic height and genetic muscle are two totally different independent things.
    Why would a taller person get the same amount of muscle as a shorter person? They have larger bones, larger hands, larger organs, this just doesn't make sense. I've seen naturally muscular tall people, and skinny tall people. Its not an exceptional case. It makes sense that a taller person would get more muscles to support a larger frame.

Originally posted by TricepsNGirls
    wow awesome replies!

Another sub-topic to think about...

Has anyone ever been discriminated because of their height?

I remember that as a kid, i was always one of the tallest in the class. In fact, i was already 6 feet in middle school. This always seemed to burden me a little, because more was always expected out of me. When you are physically taller, people treat you as if you are older than your age, and expect you to be able to achieve more than someone that was more on the shorter scale.

Also, strange enough, i was often bullied for my height, because I was a bit shy and antisocial as a kid.

Now, in my freshman year in high school, i find that height is more of a boon. It gets you respect when dealing with people, and people always acknowledge your presence.

IMO, early in life, being short is a little better. You are burdened with lesser expectations, and girls think you're really cute, no matter if you are or aren't . However, in my train of thought, taller men get the better treatment in adult society.

peace
    You were picked on for being too tall? That's odd. Being short is never better at anytime in your life especially when you're a kid. Believe me I know. Kids were ruthless with me because I was the shortest. I'm 5'9 and 20 years old now but in my freshman year in high school i was only about 4'8. you can just imagine what I went through. Girls did think I was very cute but in a puppy type of way. Not a good way to get in their pants.

You're right about expectations not being high for short people. The other kids just think your worthless, or atleast they did with me. i remember playing little league the coaches would scream to their players "move in" when I came up to bat. It was funny when I hit it over their head.

Short men can get women if they're confident and present themselve in a good way, but you will never see a woman list her turn ons as "short men."

Originally posted by guitarguy
    Why would a taller person get the same amount of muscle as a shorter person? They have larger bones, larger hands, larger organs, this just doesn't make sense. I've seen naturally muscular tall people, and skinny tall people. Its not an exceptional case. It makes sense that a taller person would get more muscles to support a larger frame.
    No it doesn't. Taller does not mean larger, and larger does not mean taller. TALLER (not larger) people do not get thicker bones, nor more muscle mass just because they are taller. Genetics do not say "Hey, your taller so you have to get more potential to add muscle."
    I'm back. For good.

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If that were actually the case, humans would grow skinnier and skinnier as they grew taller, which would mean that on the average, people above 6'3 or so would be walking sticks. That simply is not the case. You have just as diverse a spread of body types for tall frames as you do short frames.