drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder workout

Need help on changing up my shoulder workout. Need some stuff to shock my muscles. I usually do 4 sets of seated or military press. 3 sets front raises. 3 sets lateral raises. 3 sets for rear delts either reverse flys or reverse pec deck. Then for traps i do 3 sets barbell shrug and 2 sets dumbell. SOmeone have a good workout I could use or point me in a direction to shick my muscles into growth.

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have a very solid routine there. Changing it up does not mean you have to find new exercises. You can change the order of things a little to get the 'shock' you are seeking. For example, do lateral raises before you perform your pressing movements for a good pre-exhaust. Or rather than a set of 10 reverse dumbbell flys, do 6 reps with an increased weight. I have a very similar routine as yours (except I don't do front raises but do two rear delt movements) and haven't reached stagnation due to small changes like those I suggested.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

Registered User a good username's Avatar
    a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bro clean and press superset with side raise, honestly bro fukc rear delts they will get enuff workout on back day if ur doin enuff......... just my 2 cents
    ,___,
    (O,o) ORLY?
    /)__)
    ^ ^

h4te crew

500+

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by a good username View Post
    bro clean and press superset with side raise, honestly bro fukc rear delts they will get enuff workout on back day if ur doin enuff......... just my 2 cents

No offense intended, but can you post a progress pic of your delts so I can see how your suggested program has worked for you?
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drew93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    You have a very solid routine there. Changing it up does not mean you have to find new exercises. You can change the order of things a little to get the 'shock' you are seeking. For example, do lateral raises before you perform your pressing movements for a good pre-exhaust. Or rather than a set of 10 reverse dumbbell flys, do 6 reps with an increased weight. I have a very similar routine as yours (except I don't do front raises but do two rear delt movements) and haven't reached stagnation due to small changes like those I suggested.
    Ill give the pre-exhaust a shot. thanks bro

moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) moordenaar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try using machines, or switch up or exercises, do the first one last and vice versa. You can also Superset. These are some things you can do to shock your muscles.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Registered User a good username's Avatar
    a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500) a good username is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    No offense intended, but can you post a progress pic of your delts so I can see how your suggested program has worked for you?
    im not as big as u bro haha! but im taller il get sum pics up soon i was just givin my 2 cents as 2 wat i have found works best for me
    ,___,
    (O,o) ORLY?
    /)__)
    ^ ^

h4te crew

500+

Originally Posted by a good username View Post
    im not as big as u bro haha! but im taller il get sum pics up soon i was just givin my 2 cents as 2 wat i have found works best for me
    I was just curious as to what level of development you achieved and was going to ask how long you had performed them. If your suggestions holds water under scrutiny, it would give me much food for thought. Just trying to learn here

I also read from a very good author that upper pecs and rear delts are typical weak spots in amateur-level bodybuilding competitors. With that in mind, I always make an extra effort during my lifts to ensure I'm not one of those guys when the time comes for me to step on stage.

Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well guys, you all sound like rookie like me. I have did good job gaining strength and muscle mass all around but my problem is that my upper traps builds its size fast while I train my delts all around. I did everything to train my delts, my traps comes with it which I do NOT want it involved. My traps are already ahead of my upper body muscle mass. Do you guys have any idea how and which routine that helps the delts without touching the traps? The only thing I found is overhead presses but now researchers saying it hurts the shoulder rotatory cuffs. I have had surgery on my cartilage on my left shoulder back in 92 from dislocating it in football. I did everything such like you guys mentioned above. Even I did lower cable delt raises (singles not doubles) to avoid the traps but my traps are now connected to all my upper body.. anything I do there, traps tags along. It is making my shoulders look small. I need to train them to make it come in right size and strength.

Chupacabra Supreme! Big_Carphuna's Avatar
    Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jason515 View Post
    well guys, you all sound like rookie like me. I have did good job gaining strength and muscle mass all around but my problem is that my upper traps builds its size fast while I train my delts all around. I did everything to train my delts, my traps comes with it which I do NOT want it involved. My traps are already ahead of my upper body muscle mass. Do you guys have any idea how and which routine that helps the delts without touching the traps? The only thing I found is overhead presses but now researchers saying it hurts the shoulder rotatory cuffs. I have had surgery on my cartilage on my left shoulder back in 92 from dislocating it in football. I did everything such like you guys mentioned above. Even I did lower cable delt raises (singles not doubles) to avoid the traps but my traps are now connected to all my upper body.. anything I do there, traps tags along. It is making my shoulders look small. I need to train them to make it come in right size and strength.

This is a good question...and one that I wish I knew.
    I will have to note that exact same stats as myself on you, though...LOL

Personally, I like my traps being bigger than the rest of my upper body, but my shoulder width is wide enough where it can take the upper traps over developing...

laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000)
    start doing clean and press, and IMO you shouldnt superset it with anything . . . you should be able to go all out on clean and press, not work on your endurance

redredss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redredss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redredss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redredss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redredss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    id keep what your doing, switch the order like buddy said, but try drop setting your shoulders. especially traps i do it from 90lbs each side down till i cant lift haha its brutal.
    Bench 301
    Squat 392
    Deadlift 415
    1108lbs Damn it feels good to be a taylor

Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jason515 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys for that advice but they didnt work either. I did that already..I think it is something to do with my body positioning. I have two books that tells all this and I noticed the delts workout doesnt always involve the traps, so I tried those.. but I think my traps are more connected then separated so I am going to find something odd that works. I did drop some weigh to avoid. doesnt work. So I will have to ask my gym owner or his trainer to watch to see if they can catch the problem.