Firebirdz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brain zoning out after carbs?

Is it possible that my gut / body is super sensitive to carbs/sugar?

I swear 5-10 mins after eating carbs or sugar my brain starts zoning out and drifting away.
    And its becomes REALLY hard to keep or be engaged in the present moment.

I've heard about something called carb crash, is this really it? Why are others not experiencing it as hard as I am?

Not sure how this behavior is linked or what it is. Does this have something to do with leaky gut?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's probably all in your head tbh.

If it isn't you may have some insulin issues (like reactive hypoglycemia) if you're experiencing actual dysphoria and confusion after consuming carbs. See your doctor.
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ

sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sonnydfrizzy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Firebirdz View Post

I swear 5-10 mins after eating carbs or sugar my brain starts zoning out and drifting away.

I've heard about something called carb crash, is this really it? Why are others not experiencing it as hard as I am?

Not sure how this behavior is linked or what it is. Does this have something to do with leaky gut?

What is your height, weight and gender?
    Been playing with shafts and balls since '75.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

It's got nothing to do with your gut, and everything to do with (probably) poor insulin sensitivity.

Try always eating fat, protein and fiber with your carbs. This should mitigate the response.

Other things that can help: moderate portions of carbs (<50 gram), be active after consuming the meal, select low GI/GL carbs/meals.

Also get lean, this will improve insulin sensitivity.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This has always happened to me if I eat way too much sugar at once. Not a reasonable amount of sugar, but like 50g in one sitting, I can't follow along with anything that requires more than a third grade education and get physically antsy. I always thought it was a pretty normal response to consuming high amounts of sugar.
    Last edited by likeafish; 10-04-2015 at 08:21 AM.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post

Try always eating fat, protein and fiber with your carbs. This should mitigate the response.
    This is good advice here to try. If i have a certain amount of simple sugars I feel the same way and/or get jittery, worst case i get a sugar rush/crash, almost feel like I have temporary ADHD. Complex carbs that have fiber don't illicit the same effect in me. If I do have enough simple sugars to start feeling that way I'll eat a handful of nuts or a spoon of Pb, etc.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)

Carbs are known for the good feelings , they make you relaxed and tired after ingesting them ,

also ingesting to many at once cause hypo and can cause problems like this..
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis