Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by FCKNGAWSM View Post
    1. Are there any negative side effects to eating on the Ketogenic diet?
    2. Is the Ketogenic diet safe to do?
    3. Lift Heavy, Low Reps OR Lift Moderate, High Reps on Keto?

THanks
    1. Not really anything besides bad breath but that can be neutralized by keeping hydrated and drinking tons of water.

2. Yeah, humans have been doing it for EONS. Why do you think thousands of years ago everyone was so built and cut? It's because all they did was eat meat(0 carbs) and veggies(few carbs) and fruits(few carbs) and walk(exercise). There was no bread back then or crackers that have made us chubby nowadays.

3. Let me just say this: Light weights and high reps are a myth (Unless you're looking not to gain any muscle.
    Keep lifting what you've been lifting with 6-10 reps.

Good luck

DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100) DelijaZauvjek is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DocBooty View Post
    FYI most online BMR calculators are way off. Even the most conservative ones consistently overestimate for me.

If you're trying to lose weight you shouldn't have to force-feed yourself. If you're not hungry, you're not hungry. Looking at your weight, you're fine at 2600. I'd even recommend just eating 2000 calories/day.
    I use fitday.com to calculate my calories and it's worked wonders for me so far never had a problem with it

I agree that he's eating too many calories. That's more for trying to bulk up for his weight.

Registered User shadowofgodjira's Avatar
    shadowofgodjira has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    I have the same quetsion...

I didn't see your question until now.

It's not the carbs that I'm worried about.
    The thing that I'm worried about is the insulin(which at a high dosage will instantly kick you out of ketosis)
    I'm wondering if SP250 contains a high dosage of insulin. I know coffee and energy drink won't knock you out of Ketosis but I'm thinking SP250 would unfortunately.

I think superpump 250 will be fine. It is low in carbs... has 0 sugars. It does list caffeine but it is not the highest on the list, so the amount should be low.

But my question is about size on... it has a lot of carbs 31g - 4.7 for the fiber, and 14.5 grams of sugar. I though sugar was a big no no on this diet.
    Last edited by shadowofgodjira; 07-21-2009 at 09:22 AM.

sranney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Which type of keto?

IYO, what do you think is the best keto? CKD? total keto? targeted? basic 65/30/5? The more I read about keto the less hesitation and more motivation I have to start. But, I also have a ton of questions about the variations. I've done some research and just want some opinions of people who have tried different types.

Thanks.

Registered User barryscottclark's Avatar
    barryscottclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why so much fat?

My main question is why do you have to take in such high amounts of fat while on Keto? I had originally thought it was high protein, low/no carb, and low fat. I have seen some posts where they take in about 100g of good fats a day.

Why wouldn't the body just burn all that fat you are consuming as opposed to buring the stored fat in your body?

I am 5'7
    172 pounds
    estimated 20% BF

My goal is to be a very lean and chiseled 165 with 10% BF or less...

And want to go on Keto...any suggestions on what my Protein-Carb-Fat Ratio should be as well as my maximum daily calorie count?

Thanks!

Barry

Princesssmarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Atkins advantage bars too good to be true????

Hello!

Atkins advantage bars say they have 2-3 grams per serve, but they taste soooooo good.

Are they really safe to eat on a low carb diet?
    Or are they - too good to be true??

Thanks for your help!

stlbeast22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is a sample keto diet? im confused. I know its a low carb diet but what's a sample day of meals? How many calories do you eat to? I'm 6"0 195 and a college baseball player so any advice will be helpful.

John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10) John9600gt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a week into my keto diet with my first carb up 2 days ago on sunday (I do some pretty intense workouts, and I prefer solid form and performance over a few extra pounds of fat loss)

Here are my questions
    1) My planned monthly diet schedule is gonna be:
    1 Week Keto, Carb up (24 hour)
    Keto
    Keto
    1 Week Keto, Carb up (24) hour

Is this a good schedule for people who do intense workouts? (6 days a week)

2) In the last week I lost 3 lbs from the 3rd of august 225 - 222, and to my calculations the two weeks in between the carb ups should be 8 lbs total weight loss, and another 3 lbs on the carb up week.

Is this all fat? Or water?

3) I heard something about 24 hour maximum carb up still keeps your body in a 'fat burning mode'. Is this hearsay or is there some validity behind it?

xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xhgonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, Im new here and I want to give keto a shot, Ive read some and come up with a diet plan that looks like this: Prot%-Carb%-Fat%
    Weight 233 lbs- 2200 cals per day
    Sun-Tue-Thu:34-11-55
    Mon-Fri: 35-10-55
    Wed: 30-25-45 Mid week carb spike
    Sat: 28-60-12 Weekly Carb Reload

I{ve been Working Iron morning/Cardio noon:

Mon- Chest/ 1 hr MMA
    Tue- Back/ 45 min walking
    Wed- Rest/ 1 hr MMA
    Thu- Shoulders/ 45 min walking
    Fri- Legs/ 1 hr MMA
    Sat- Bi-Tri-Calves/none

I{d like to know what do you think, help is really appreciated, thanks in advance.
    If you see your loaded squat barbell and dont feel fear you are not pushing yourself enough.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xh_gonz/

ONE MORE REP!!!

The finish line is just the begining of another race, GO!

mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mezzatron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    while on Keto can I eat fruit?

which fruits can I eat?
    Before going on Keto I used to eat a lot of Bananas... about 4 a day...
    1 apple a day also.

I've been on Keto for 3 days... I have felt very low on energy levels on the first 2 days but now I seem to be fine...

Which fruits should I stay away from? I haven't been eating any fruit for the past 3 days. just vegies...

Also on the Cheat Day... Or Carb Up day... Is it ok to eat anything? Like Rice?
    I don't eat deep fried foods so when I mean anything... I mean in the boundaries of Healthy eating...

Also... Is it okay to have 1 or 2 cups of green tea while I'm on this diet?

any help would be appreciated...
    Last edited by mezzatron; 08-18-2009 at 01:55 AM.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mezzatron View Post
    while on Keto can I eat fruit?

which fruits can I eat?
    Before going on Keto I used to eat a lot of Bananas... about 4 a day...
    1 apple a day also.

I've been on Keto for 3 days... I have felt very low on energy levels on the first 2 days but now I seem to be fine...

Which fruits should I stay away from? I haven't been eating any fruit for the past 3 days. just vegies...

Also on the Cheat Day... Or Carb Up day... Is it ok to eat anything? Like Rice?
    I don't eat deep fried foods so when I mean anything... I mean in the boundaries of Healthy eating...

Also... Is it okay to have 1 or 2 cups of green tea while I'm on this diet?

any help would be appreciated...
    Any fruit you want.....on your carb up day.

rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10) rainy_daze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Question: Would keto be ideal for a skinny fat woman? I have 12-15 pounds of fat to lose, want to maintain my lean mass as well. I'll worry about gaining muscle once I've gotten rid of the fat. I'm 132 pounds with BF% between 27%-31%...I get different results with different bf measuring scales (I know they're not accurate). My goal BF% is 20-22 for general health and fitness.

I plan to eat roughly at 1320kcal on keto days, around 50g carbs (15%), 115g protein (35%) and 73g fat (50%)...then on carb up weekends it'll be 1400kcal, 158g carbs (45%), 140g protein (40%), 23g fat (15%).

I've been eating clean (not paying much attention to macronutrient ratios or anything) and working out before this and have plateaued for months, that's why I'm turning to keto to help me bust the plateau.

My workout routine:

Mon: 30mins fasted cardio (AM) + 20mins HIIT (PM)
    Tues: rest/ light stretching/ yoga
    Wed: Full body weight-training + 30 mins steady state cardio
    Thurs: 30mins fasted cardio (AM) + 20mins HIIT (PM)
    Fri: Full body weight-training + 30 mins steady state cardio
    Sat (carb up): 30mins fasted cardio (AM) + 20mins HIIT (PM)
    Sun (carb up): Full body weight-training + 40mins steady state cardio (PM)

When I'm not working out, I'm completely sedentary.

On keto days my carbs will be coming from mainly green veges and a daily glass of milk+protein shake I drink post work-out. Fats and proteins from meats, fatty fish, sugar-free peanut butter, olive oil and fish oil supplements. On carb up weekends, carbs come from a larger variety of veges and fruits and oatmeal/cereal for breakfast.

How long will I be able to continue this plan for before I start gradually increasing my carbs?
    Can I continue this plan safely for up to 5-6months?

Please do critique, advice and give suggestions. Thanks so much in advance!
    Last edited by rainy_daze; 08-25-2009 at 09:03 PM.

blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blue_aviators is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have you ever had certain weeks where you lost absolutley no weight at all? if so, what did you do to change?

giripai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,
    I am on this diet, however have a few questions.

1)- Can I drink Diet soda? like coke Zero with 0 carbs sugars etc?
    2)- The country where i stay have Jack Links Beef snack (no slim Jims or anything) is this ok on this diet? If so, how many sticks? i ask this because the ingredients mentions "Sugar"...
    3)- since i am just staring, should I be on a VERY low carb diet? eg: 15 gms only?
    or should i just stay at 30 gms for like a month?
    4)- please can you briefly explain what is a carb up day and how it benefits Keto dieters.

Thanks in advance..

Giri

giripai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.....
    anybody?

boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boxinggsxr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've been on keto for 21/2 weeks went from 232lbs to 207lbs but i dont know what all is wrong with my diet i want to stay under 30g of carbs i was thinkn of adding oatmel to my diet maybe after workout i read that it helps to have crbs pwo but i thought theyd be better before? heres my diet i know my carbs are super low so i was gona add either another lb or 8 oz beef and eat everything there but im not to sure yet and im having almost no crbs

my supplemetns- creatine monhydrate, scivation xtend, multi vitamins, b12, fish and flax seed oil

cal-tfat-crbs-prtn
    bfast 4 eggs 200-18-4-24
    4 slicesof bacon 60-1.5-1-10

lunch either A or B
    A 2 chiken filets 220-3-0-46
    or
    B 16oz beef 80/20 1160-88-0-84

dinner
    A (days) 8oz beef 580-44-0-42
    salad
    chickn bites 90-1-1-19
    1/2 cucumber 17-.2-3-1

total A 1,167-179-9-142
    B 1527-264-9-180

brett701 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks guru.

Ok im a fat piece of ****. i weigh 168.5 and ive been eating nothing but pretty lean ground beef and cheese and occassionalyl grilled chicken. i eat roughly 3 main meals of meat and cheese. i also have about 20 almonds a day. maybe 30. i also drink diet coke,crystal light and water. ive been doing this for 3 weeks and i dont notice too much weight loss, but i notice some. I will eat sugar alcohols like 2 times per week, but only a very small quantity. i need to get down to 150 to look like a normal human being and not look like a fuXXIng hamburglar.

My workout routine is in the morning i complete 2-4 miles on the treadmill doing alot of walking on it and jogging some of it. after that i lift weights for like 10 -12 sets of whatever im doing for the day. in the evening i play tennis or do something physical about 70% of the time.

ive done the pee stix and i see some ketones are coming out in my pee.

I take a multivitamin daily.

ANy changes i should make? thanks everyone.

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    Ok im a fat piece of ****. i weigh 168.5 and ive been eating nothing but pretty lean ground beef and cheese and occassionalyl grilled chicken. i eat roughly 3 main meals of meat and cheese. i also have about 20 almonds a day. maybe 30. i also drink diet coke,crystal light and water. ive been doing this for 3 weeks and i dont notice too much weight loss, but i notice some. I will eat sugar alcohols like 2 times per week, but only a very small quantity. i need to get down to 150 to look like a normal human being and not look like a fuXXIng hamburglar.

My workout routine is in the morning i complete 2-4 miles on the treadmill doing alot of walking on it and jogging some of it. after that i lift weights for like 10 -12 sets of whatever im doing for the day. in the evening i play tennis or do something physical about 70% of the time.

ive done the pee stix and i see some ketones are coming out in my pee.

I take a multivitamin daily.

ANy changes i should make? thanks everyone.
    If you are in ketosis, you're in ketosis. I would say add more fat and lower the proteins a little just for a day - even a meal, and that can put you deeper into ketosis if that is what you are looking for. I'd lay off the diet soda and just drink water.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000) aelephant is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by blue_aviators View Post
    have you ever had certain weeks where you lost absolutley no weight at all? if so, what did you do to change?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes you can actually GAIN a little weight before leaving a plateau and losing a bunch. I would wait a week, see if you lose that week, then adjust your calories down 250-500 next week if you still don't lose anything.

ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50) ezrollin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Stonecoldtruth View Post
    This really varies based on your existing Lean Body Mass. I believe that carbing up around 10% over maintenance is the way to go if you are cutting. Then just work out your macros according to that.
    I personally rely on a 8-12 hour window to get in my 650g carbs, but I also eat clean carbups so it makes it so much easier.
    650g of CARBS!!!??
    650*4= 2600 calories by itself

Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000) Ggsavage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Will be giving this a try, since the Atkins diet helped me lose 20 pounds. Now I am wanting to supplement my workouts with the proper nutrition. Sounds like the Keto diet will be the best plan for me!

Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500) Eloquent is not very helpful. (-500)
    Dang people SCT, the OP isn't even answering questions, there are like 1000 questions in this thread, he won't answer all..

-WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) -WeezyBaby- has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If I follow a strict keto diet like yourself, think I (5'5) could go from 150-140 by Halloween?

Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fitnessmade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Answers to all your Keto Questions here

Find all the answers to your KETO questions here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=119435111
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = KETO

JTL21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am wondering if it is okay to miss a weekend carb up if you are feeling fine? would it be more benificial to do a carb up every weekend or miss one or two?

Registered User swiss_ball_fury's Avatar
    swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10) swiss_ball_fury is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    did you get a lot of ppl asking you how you did it?

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JTL21 View Post
    I am wondering if it is okay to miss a weekend carb up if you are feeling fine? would it be more benificial to do a carb up every weekend or miss one or two?
    YOU DONT HAVE TO CARB UP... your body will tell you if you need to or not.. some people carb up every other week..what is best FOR YOU.. Try both ways and see what your body likes
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10) keley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this is a dumb question but for the first two weeks on keto they say have no carbs so basically is this saying that you can't eat veggies for two weeks so you can get your body to use fat?
    "Just say to yourself... how bad do I want this? Am I working harder than the person who will be standing next to me?"

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by keley View Post
    this is a dumb question but for the first two weeks on keto they say have no carbs so basically is this saying that you can't eat veggies for two weeks so you can get your body to use fat?
    NO.... nobody will tell you NO CARBS.. eat LOTS of green fiberous veggies... Keto is not a no carb diet.. Fiber does not count toward your carb limit.. Keep your fat at 65% and protein at 30% the rest is veggies...
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

flygirl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Keto fat intake too high?!

My calorie intake calls for 1800 calories. Using the ratios 35% Protein, 65% Fat, and 5% Carbohydrate, I came up with 157g Protein, 292g Fat, and 22g Carbs. This doesn't seem right. Isn't this too much fat. Plus, my LBM is 135lbs. I thought I was supposed to eat my LBM in grams of protein. I was reading other peoples ratios and eating plans. Only a few had this high fat intake. What's up with that? Help!
    Stay Strong Live Long