Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mos Jeff's Bulking with Black HOLE Log

Controlled Labs™ Presents: Black Hole™

Product Info

Eat; It’s what all the guys in the gym tell you to do. If you want to get big there is no shortcut, no easy way out. You need to eat and you need to eat a lot. Most people find it hard to consume more than a few thousand calories per day. There is a good reason for that; your body uses hormones to tell your brain “stop eating, you already have enough calories for now”. You try to stuff yourself even more but you end up feeling sick; again it’s the hormones trying to physically make you stop at this point. These hormones are acting in most people’s best interest: people who are obese and do not exercise. However if you are eating clean and you are using all of these calories then it’s not helping you in any way, shape or form. What if there is a way to effectively stop these hormones from keeping you from eating, from your goals and dreams of packing on quality lean muscle mass? Now there is. Black Hole™ from Controlled Labs uses naturally occurring alkylamides to fool the brain into believing that you haven’t eaten enough calories and you need more food. Sound good? Then read on….

Key Attributes:

- Fast Absorption/Fast Acting
    - Eat More Than Ever Before
    - Helps Indirectly Add Lean Mass
    - Legal, Safe, and Effective for Both Men and Women
    - Stimulate Metabolism to Reduce Body Fat
    - Natural Digestive Aids for Increased Calories
    - Also Acts as a Natural Pain and Joint Supplement

Introduction

To make a long story short, I’ve been lifting since High School, when I played basketball. Unfortunately though, my workouts were not as productive as they could have been. Once I started college I started lifting more consistently, but still was not educated on proper nutrition and workout routines. I’d say that the past 1.5-2 years have been the most positive, basically since I discovered the bodybuilding.com forum. I still feel like I have more to learn, but I truly have become a much more serious, but more importantly, a more knowledgeable lifter. I am currently bulking, however, eating BIG has always been somewhat of a problem for me. Finally, Black HOLE has been created and I really feel this will help me get in those extra calories to finally reach my goal of 200 pounds.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 07-20-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stats

Name: Jeff
    Height: 5’11”
    Weight: 192
    Goal: Reach at least 200 pounds

Other Supplements

Anabolic Innovations Whey Protein
    Anabolic Innovations Excell
    Controlled Labs Glycergrow
    Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
    Multi
    Fish Oil

Diet

My daily diet consists primarily of whole eggs, egg whites, skim milk, oats, cheese, whole wheat bread, tuna, fruit, vegetables, almonds, natural peanut butter, chicken, lean beef and steak, sweet potato, whole wheat pasta, etc.

*Average Macros:
    Current Total Calories: ~3800-3900
    Protein: ~38%
    Carbs: ~35%
    Fats: ~27%

Since I will be logging an appetite enhancer, the main details of my log will be in regards to how my diet was increased daily due to the Black HOLE. Since I am bulking, I am not AS strict with my diet, however I do try to keep it as clean as possible. Sometimes I am forced to eat out, but when I do I always get some dish that includes chicken and vegetables, steak, or whole wheat pasta with chicken, so it isn’t too bad.

With each update, I will obviously post what I ate that day, including macros, which meal was consumed post Black HOLE, and how my appetite had increased that day. I will also make a note if I ate out at all that day. Due to not having a set schedule at work, Black HOLE will not be taken at the same time each day. It will vary between breakfast and dinner, however, the majority of the time I will try and take it before breakfast since this is my problem meal.

Training Routine

Monday: Quads/Calves
    Tuesday: Chest/Abs
    Wednesday: Back/Traps/Hamstrings
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: Arms
    Saturday: Shoulders/Abs

*I will post the exercises I do for each day, including weight and reps.

The log will officially begin on monday, til then...

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Wow.. awesome intro...

Feel free to experiment with the Black HOLE timing.. it's one of the rare supplements where individualization is necessary.

Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    Wow.. awesome intro...

Feel free to experiment with the Black HOLE timing.. it's one of the rare supplements where individualization is necessary.

in regards to timing, do you mean at different times during the day, or how long i take it before my meal?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    in regards to timing, do you mean at different times during the day, or how long i take it before my meal?
    Both actually
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Update

Just a few notes before my log officially begins Monday. I have used the past week to accurately keep track of my macros through fitday for the first time, and as I mentioned, I am currently taking in an average of 3800-3900 calories per day, with an occasional day, or two where I ate 4000. The following is how I plan to increase my calories weekly, assuming the black hole does what is intended to do.

Week 1: 4000-4100
    Week 2: 4200-4300
    Week 3: 4400-4500
    Week 4: 4600-4700

Any comments or suggestions on this plan? I don't want to increase the calories TOO much each week, to keep fat gains to a minimum, but if anyone thinks there should be greater increases each week feel free to let me know.

Stats

Neck: 16
    Chest: 39
    Bicep (Relaxed): 14.5
    Bicep (Flexed): 17
    Forearm: 12
    Waist: 34
    Thighs: 22
    Quads: 20
    Calves: 15.5
    *BF: 17%

*This is according to http://www.he.net/~zone/prothd2.html
    I will be getting this done using a caliper within the next couple of days to compare, since a couple other sites list me at 14%.

Monday, July 24

Day 1

Diet

Meal 1: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread / 8 oz glass of milk
    Meal 5 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 7 (1 Black Hole 30-40 min pre): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken cutlets / 2 cups broccoli cuts
    Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4083
    Protein: 384 (39%)
    Carbs: 395 (36 %)
    Fat: 110 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 min pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 1 pill 30-40 minutes before dinner (meal 7).

Workout: Legs

Leg Curl: 90 x 15, 100 x 12, 110 x 12, 125 x 8
    Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 245 x 8
    Calf Press (Leg Press Machine): 180 x 15, 230 x 15, 270 x 15, 360 x 12
    Leg Press: 450 x 28, 450 x 20, Dropset 450 x 15 / 360 x 10

Notes

Pretty good day today. The eating went smoothly and I had a real good workout, until the very end, in which I started to get a splitting headache and had to cut my dropset on the leg press short. I also intended on doing some leg extensions, but had to stop. This was seriously the worst headache I have ever experienced, and I have no idea what could have caused it so suddenly.

Took the initial dose (1 pill) of black hole 30-40 minutes before dinner, but did not feel any effects prior to eating. However, I did notice that I really didn't get full at all, and managed to finish my meal EASILY. Usually I struggle to finish everything on my plate, and end up feeling so full to the point where I feel like throwing up. I am defnitely looking forward to the full dose tomorrow. I am also pretty pleased with the fact that I was able to get 4100 calories with basically no help from the Black Hole. Assuming Black Hole works, I am very optimistic for my increasing calories.

Tuesday, July 25

Day 2

Diet

30-45 minutes later (3 Black Hole): 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread
    Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 6: 2 oz. whole wheat pasta w/ meat sauce (9 oz. lean beef)
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk

Total Calories: 4176
    Protein: 358 (36%)
    Carbs: 438 (39%)
    Fat: 111 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops directly in mouth 30 minutes before leaving for the gym.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop directly in mouth right before walking out the door.
    A.I. Excell: 4 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills 30-40 minutes before breakfast (meal 1).

Workout: Chest

BB Flat Bench Press: 135 x 15, 165 x 10, 185 x 10, 205 x 8
    DB Incline Bench Press: 65 x 10, 75 x 10, 80 x 10, 85 x 6
    Cable Flys: 70 x 10, 75 x 8, 75 x 8, 80 x 8
    Incline DB Flys: 25 x 12, 30 x 10, 35 x 8

Notes

I Took my first full dose of Black Hole today, before my first meal of the day. Unfortunately I felt absolutely no effects at all, which is strange considering just one pill helped me finish my dinner easier last night. Obviously I'm gonna have to experiment with taking it at different times, and figuring out which time works best, so tomorrow I will try the full dose before dinner to see if it's possible that I just respond to it better at night.

My workout did not go too well. As I hop on the bench to do my warm up set, that unbearable headache returned. I'm starting to think that I may have popped a blood vessel or something in my head. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It doesn't feel like a normal headache -- instead it feels like something is crusihng your head from both sides. So, unfortunately this greatly effected the rest of my workout. After the initial pain in my head, it turned into a normal migraine so I managed to suck it up and work through it, but I do feel like I could have gone a little heavier on some of my lifts. I think I will switch days and make my off day tomorrow instead of Thursday. Sorry this is so long, end rant, til tomorrow...

Wednesday, July 26

Day 3

Diet

30-45 minutes later: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
    Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 3: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread
    Meal 4 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / 3 oz. A.I. cookies
    Meal 5: Whey shake w/ 1/2 cup of oats in milk / peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
    Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 11.5 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 350 grams sweet potato
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1 scoop Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4214
    Protein: 396 (39%)
    Carbs: 412 (36%)
    Fat: 110 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1/2 scoop mid-day.
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 1).

Workout: Off Day

Notes

Not much to report today. Went back to taking the Black Hole at dinner time, however, waited a little longer before eating -- about an hour. I still felt little to no effects. No euphoric feeling, no appetite enhancement, and I still struggled to get down the entire dinner. Hopefully this will improve as it is only the third day. Took the day off from lifting, hopefully when I give it a try tomorrow, those damn head pains don't return.

Thursday, July 27

Day 4

Diet

Meal 2: 5 ounces of tuna on whole wheat bread / 1 cup of grapes
    Meal 3 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
    Meal 4 (Pre-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 6 (3 Black Hole): 10 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 225 grams sweet potato / 81 grams green beans
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1.5 tablespoon natural peanut butter / 3 oz. A.I. cookies

Total Calories: 4243
    Protein: 376 (37%)
    Carbs: 440 (39%)
    Fat: 109 (24%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 6, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 3-45 minutes pre-workout.
    2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout
    1 scoop Glycergrow right before lifting
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 6).

Workout: Back/Traps

Bent Over Row: 95 x 20, 135 x 15, 155 x 15, 175 x 15, 186 x 12
    One Arm DB Row: 65 x 15, 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 75 x 12
    V-Bar Lat Pulldown: 112.5 x 15, 125 x 10, 117.5 x 12
    SL Deadlift: 135 x 15, 185 x 12, 200 x 8, 200 x 8
    Back Extension: 90 x 15, 100 x 15, 110 x 12
    DB Shrugs: 75 x 15, 80 x 12, 50 x 20

Notes

My head still hurt a little bit while lifting, but it's definitely much better. Let me just say that the pumps from the glycergrow/green mag combo is ridiculous. My forearms were so pumped, I could barely grip the bar when it came time to do my SL deadlifts and DB shrugs. I Took the Black Hole about 45 minutes-1 hour before dinner. Again, I didn't get any feelings of euphoria, or appetite enhancement prior to eating. It did seem like I was able to finish my meal without feeling like I was going to burst, but I still need to give it more time before I'm sold.

Monday, July 31

Day 5

Diet

Meal 3: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
    Meal 6 (Post-Workout: Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 7 (3 Black Hole): 11 oz. skinless, boneless chicken / 162 grams green beans
    Meal 8 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops Muscle Milk w/ milk / 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter

Total Calories: 4258
    Protein: 389 (38%)
    Carbs: 416 (36%)
    Fat: 121 (26%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
    2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
    1 scoop Glycergrow sipped on throughout workout.
    3 scoops Excell sipped on throughout workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills ~one hour before dinner (meal 7).

Squats: 135 x 20, 185 x 20, 225 x 15, 225 x 15, 245 x 10
    Calf Press: 180 x 15, 180 x 20, 180 x 20
    Leg Press: 320 x 25, 410 x 20
    Leg Extension: 110 x 20, 120 x 15
    Leg Curl: 110 x 15, 125 x 12, 130 x 12

Notes

Finally back on track. Got through my workout and my head seems to be better. Not really much to report today. I took the Black Hole about one hour before dinner, however I am still not noticing much of an effect from it. I still had to stuff my dinner down, and felt extremely full once I was finished.

Tuesday, August 1

Day 6

Diet

Meal 2: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1 tablespoon nat. peanut butter / 1.5 cup of grapes
    Meal 3 (Pre-Workout): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 4 (Post Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 5: 10 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast / 400 grams sweet potato / 90 grams green beans
    Meal 6 (Pre-Bed): 1.5 scoops muscle milk / 1 tablespoon nat. peanut butter / 2 A.I. cookies

Total Calories: 4230
    Protein: 365 (36%)
    Carbs: 443 (39%)
    Fat: 112 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 5, 2 w/ meal 6).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30 minutes pre-workout.
    2 scoops Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken right after workout.

Workout: Chest

DB Incline Bench Press: 55 x 15, 70 x 10, 80 x 10, 90 x 8
    Decline Cable Press: 60 x 10, 65 x 10, 75 x 8
    Pec Dec: 140 x 10, 165 x 10, 190 x 10, 200 x 8
    Incline DB Flys: 30 x 10, 35 x 10, 40 x 8

Notes

I took the Black Hole immediately after working out, as suggested by Tank. I then had my pwo meal and dinner about an hour and fifteen minutes after the shake. Still didn't notice any change from the Black Hole, but, for some unknown reason my stomach has been upset ever since coming home from the gym. Let's just say I have been in the bathroom every 10 minutes and leave it at that, so dinner was extra tough to get down tonight, and unfortunately I could not finish it all. I don't know what could have caused the upset stomach, as there was nothing new added to my diet. I will take the Black Hole at this time again tomorrow, as well, and hopefully I will notice a difference.

Wednesday, August 2

Day 7

Diet

Meal 3: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / 8 oz. glass of milk
    Meal 6 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 7 9 oz. skinless, boneless chicken parmesan (reduced fat mozzarella) / 2 oz. whole wheat pasta
    Meal 8 (Pre-bed) 1 scoop muscle milk in milk / 1 tablespoon nat. peanut butter

Total Calories: 4310
    Protein: 384 (37%)
    Carbs: 425 (36%)
    Fat: 124 (27%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 7, 2 w/ meal 8).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
    1 scoop Glycergrow 30-45 minutes pre-workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken right after workout.

Workout: Back/Traps

Pull-Ups: Body Weight x 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6
    SL Deadlift: 135 x 12, 185 x 12, 205 x 12, 225 x 12
    Bentover Row: 135 x 15, 165 x 12, 175 x 12
    Barbell Shrugs: 225 x 15, 245 x 12, 255 x 12, 260 x 12

Notes

Not much to report -- took the Black Hole right after working out again and still didn't feel much of an increase in appetite. I did feel a little less full from my pwo meal, going into my dinner, but I still got pretty full from the meal. This does seem like the ideal time for me to take the Black Hole, though, so I will continue with this for a bit. Also, I reduced the amount of glycergrow today from 2 scoops pre, 1 scoop during (3 total) to 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop during (2 total). I did this due to the fact that on back day, my pumps from the glycergrow/green mag combo have been so strong to the point it's painful. 2 scoops seemed to be the perfect amount for back day.

Thursday, August 3

Day 8

Diet

Meal 2 (Snack): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk / banana
    Meal 3: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/3 cup of almonds
    Meal 4 (Snack): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5: 9 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast / ~210 grams mixed vegetables
    Meal 6 (Snack): 4 oz. A.I. cookies / 8 oz. glass of milk
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed) 1.5 scoops of muscle milk in milk / 1 tablespoon nat. peanut butter

Total Calories: 4163
    Protein: 382 (39%)
    Carbs: 378 (34%)
    Fat: 123 (28%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 3, 2 w/ meal 5, 2 w/ meal 7).
    Green Mag: 1/2 scoop mid-day.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken ~one hour before dinner.

Notes

For some reason I had a difficult time getting all of my calories in today, so I'm a little disappointed that I came up a bit short. I took the Black Hole before dinner, and even though I didn't feel much of an increase in appetite, I was hungry again about an hour later, I'm assuming due to the BH. I've had a terrible headache all day, and my head has still been bothering me slightly while lifting so it may be time to pay the doc a visit. Until tomorrow...

Friday, August 4

Day 9

Diet

Meal 2: 5 oz. tuna on whole wheat bread / 1/4 cup of almonds
    Meal 3 (Pre-Workout): Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread / Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 4 (Post-Workout): Whey shake w/ 3/4 cup of oats in milk
    Meal 5: 2 oz. whole wheat pasta w/ meat sauce (oz. lean beef)
    Meal 6: McDonalds quarter pounder w/ cheese
    Meal 7 (Pre-Bed) 1 scoop of muscle milk in milk

Total Calories: 4143
    Protein: 328 (33%)
    Carbs: 399 (35%)
    Fat: 141 (32%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps (2 w/ meal 2, 2 w/ meal 5, 2 w/ meal 6).
    Green Mag: 1 scoop 30 minutes pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop 45 minutes pre-workout / 1 scoop sipped on during workout.
    Excell: 3 scoops sipped on during workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken after working out.

Workout: Arms

CGBP: 135 x 12, 155 x 12, 165 x 10, 175 x 9, 180 x 7
    BB Curls: 75 x 12, 95 x 10, 105 x 8, 110 x 8
    DB Skullcrushers: 30 x 10, 35 x 8, 35 x 8
    Hammer Curls: 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 60 x 8
    Seated Overhead Extensions: 70 x 10, 75 x 8
    Cable Curls: 22.5 x 10, 32.5 x 8, 32.5 x 8

Notes

Pumps were crazy as usual. I love back and arms day because by the end of the workout my muscles always look so "full." I took the Black Hole immediately after working out again, which helped me get down my pwo shake without feeling too full for dinner about an hour later.

I went out with some friends last night, but only had 2 beers, however, I couldn't resist the temptation of McDonalds on the way home. Oh well, I haven't had fast food in the longest time, but thats the reason my fat intake was much higher today.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 08-05-2006 at 08:40 AM.

Saturday, August 5

Day 10

Today was an off day since I barely got any sleep the night before. I felt kinda crappy for most of the day so my diet was all off, so I don't have my meals recorded. I will be back on track tomorrow for sure and will do shoulders. I really feel like I have gained a little too much fat. I don't know if this is all in my mind, but I just feel like I have gained much more fat then muscle. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to cutting...

Sunday, August 6

Day 11

Macros

Total Calories: 3946
    Protein: 327 (35%)
    Carbs: 382 (37%)
    Fat: 118 (28%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Green Mag: 1/2 scoop in the afternoon.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken before breakfast.

Notes

So here's my little rant for the day. I have lost a lot of my motivation in the gym lately, and I have a strong feeling it is due to my workout routine. I am really getting bored with it, not to mention the fact that I feel like I am gaining a lot of fat. So with that being said, pt gave me the OK to switch up my routine a little bit, so starting Monday I will be hitting each bodypart twice a week with a routine very similar to mr. aires. I am really excited to try it out, as he seems to highly recommend it.

For today, I kept the calories a little lower then normal since I didn't work out the whole weekend. I am a little disappointed that my macros were crap though -- I feel like the fat should be lower and the protein a little higher. I think the problem is that I am not sure of other foods to eat to get in some more calories, so my extra ones are coming from fat. If anyone has any suggestions, please leave them.

Monday, August 6

Day 12

Macros

Total Calories: 4282
    Protein: 404 (40%)
    Carbs: 421 (37%)
    Fat: 108 (24%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop 45
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken post-workout.

Workout: Chest/Back

DB Incline BP: 65 x 15, 80 x 12, 90 x 10, 90 x 8
    Pec Dec: 190 x 10, 210 x 10, 215 x 8
    Bent Over Row: 135 x 15, 175 x 15, 180 x 15, 190 x 12
    SL Deadlift: 185 x 12, 225 x 12, 250 x 10

Notes

It felt real good to get started with a new routine. I really think this change is exactly what I needed to get back on track. I also weighed myself this morning and was 196 lbs, thats 4 lbs heavier then when I started this log two weeks ago. Again, I am not exactly sure how much of this is fat, but we will see at the conclusion of the log when I take final measurements. Nothing else to report -- I took the Black Hole immediately post-workout and it really helped me from getting too full after my post-workout shake. Dinner went down pretty smoothly, at first, but out of nowhere I began to feel nauseous, and couldn't finish my last few bites of chicken. I have no idea what caused this, since it was so sudden. That's about it for today.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 08-07-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Tuesday, August 8

Day 13

Macros

Total Calories: 4191
    Protein: 394 (39%)
    Carbs: 377 (31%)
    Fat: 131 (29%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops 45 minutes pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop right before working out.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken post-workout. (~90 minutes before dinner)

Squats: 135 x 20, 165 x 20, 200 x 15, 225 x 12, 225 x 12
    Leg Extension: 120 x 20, 125 x 15, 135 x 15
    Leg curls: 115 x 15, 125 x 12, 135 x 12
    Seated Calf Raises: 80 x 12, 80 x 15, 80 x 15

Notes

I'm definitely feeling a new sense of motivation in the gym, so I am pleased with that. I took the Black Hole immediately post workout again, about 90 minutes before dinner. I'm still not noticing a huge increase in appetite. I do feel a little less full after finishing my post-workout shake, but dinner does not seem to be going down any easier. Any suggestions from the CL guys?

Wednesday, August 9

Day 14

Macros

Total Calories: 4263
    Protein: 361 (36%)
    Carbs: 488 (42%)
    Fat: 101 (22%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.

Workout: Arms/Shoulders

Close Grip Bench Press: 135 x 12, 165 x 12, 185 x 8, 185 x 8
    Rope Pushdowns: 62.5 x 12, 67.5 x 12, 77.5 x 10
    DB Shoulder Press: 60 x 12, 65 x 10, 70 x 8, 70 x 8
    Front Raise: 25 x 10, 25 x 10, 30 x 8
    DB Curls: 40 x 10, 45 x 8, 50 x 8
    Incline Curls: 30 x 8, 30 x 8, 35 x 8

Notes

Really not much to report today. I had a real good workout, and took the Black Hole right when I finished. Similar to the past few days, I didn't feel very full after my post-workout meal, and I did seem to feel slightly hungrier before dinner, but nothing huge. I still feel full while eating my dinner, though.

darren871 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol cool

Originally Posted by darren871
    lol cool

something funny?

Thursday, August 10

Day 15

Macros

So today was an off day, so I decided to have a much needed cheat meal for dinner. I ordered some Pizza Hut, man it's been a while. I just wish I wouldn't have taken the Black Hole earlier in the day. Other then that, I still ate pretty clean for the day, but I also was forced to eat out for lunch, since I was asked by a close friend. We went to Einstein Bros. so I got tuna on a whole wheat bagel, so hopefully that wasn't too bad. My point here is, due to the eating out, I was not able to fully keep track of my macros. If I were to guesstimate, I'd say I was in 3500-3800 range, which is what I was aiming for, as I was trying to keep my calories a little lower since it was an off day.

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken before lunch.

Notes

I decided to change up when I take the Black Hole for the day, so I took it about 45-60 min before lunch. I didn't feel much of difference while eating the meal, but I was hungry again about an hour or so later, but still, nothing extra ordinary.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 08-10-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Originally Posted by Mos Jeff
    Day 13

Macros

Total Calories: 4191
    Protein: 394 (39%)
    Carbs: 377 (31%)
    Fat: 131 (29%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.

Squats: 135 x 20, 165 x 20, 200 x 15, 225 x 12, 225 x 12
    Leg Extension: 120 x 20, 125 x 15, 135 x 15
    Leg curls: 115 x 15, 125 x 12, 135 x 12
    Seated Calf Raises: 80 x 12, 80 x 15, 80 x 15

Notes

I'm definitely feeling a new sense of motivation in the gym, so I am pleased with that. I took the Black Hole immediately post workout again, about 90 minutes before dinner. I'm still not noticing a huge increase in appetite. I do feel a little less full after finishing my post-workout shake, but dinner does not seem to be going down any easier. Any suggestions from the CL guys?
    I would just keep at it and keep us updated
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Friday, August 11

Day 16

Macros

Total Calories: 4116
    Protein: 367 (37%)
    Carbs: 449 (40%)
    Fat: 96 (22%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops 45 min pre-workout.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop immediately pre-workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken post-workout (~90 min before dinner).

Workout: Chest/Back

DB BP: 60 x 15, 85 x 10, 90 x 10, 95 x 8
    Cable Flys: 30 x 10, 32.5 x 10, 37.5 x 10
    Pull-Ups: BW x 8, 7, 8, 7
    DB Row: 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 80 x 10

Notes

Nothing new to report. I took the Black Hole after working out, about 90 minutes before dinner. Again, it helped a little bit with feeling less full, but still nothing extraordinary. At this point (about halfway through my log) I have not really eaten much more at meals consumed after taking the Black Hole. The most it's done so far is prevent my post-workout shake from filling me up too much, however, when I have taken the pills at other times of the day, I didn't notice much of an effect at all. I still get pretty full from that meal, and I don't seem to be consuming additional food.

Saturday, August 12

Day 17

Macros

Total Calories: 4230
    Protein: 345 (34%)
    Carbs: 435 (39%)
    Fat: 120 (27%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Glycergrow: 2 scoops 45 min pre-workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken 30 min before dinner.

Squats: 135 x 20, 165 x 20, 225 x 15, 225 x 15
    Prone Leg Curl: 75 x 12, 85 x 12, 95 x 10, 100 x 10
    Lunges: 35 x 10, 35 x 10, 35 x 10

Notes

I was a little disappointed because I had to cut my workout short today. I was really busy today and ran out of time in the middle of my workout, which is why I only did three exercises. I did work hard during those exercises and felt good. I also must say that today was the most I have felt from the Black Hole so far. I worked out much earlier in the day, so I didn't take it post-workout. I took it about 30 minutes before dinner and wow, I was really hungry, and felt like I definitely could have kept eating. I'm not sure why all of a sudden I felt such an increase in appetite, but it could be since my stomach was pretty empty. I hadn't eaten anything in a little over three hours. That's about it, arms/shoulders tomorrow...

Sunday, August 13

Day 18

Macros

Total Calories: 4136
    Protein: 391 (40%)
    Carbs: 387 (35%)
    Fat: 111 (25%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Glycergrow: 1 scoop 45 min pre-workout.
    Excell: 3 scoops sipped on during workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken 45 min before dinner.

Workout: Shoulders/Arms

Iso-Lateral Shoulder Press: 90 x 15, 140 x 12, 180 x 12, 210 x 6
    Reverse Flys: 70 x 12, 80 x 12, 95 x 10
    Cable Front Raise: 17.5 x 12, 22.5 x 8
    Weighted Dips: 45 x 10, 45 x 10, 55 x 8
    Single Arm Overhead Extension: 70 x 10, 75 x 10, 80 x 8
    Chinups: BW x 10, 10, 10, 8
    Cable Curls: 27.5 x 10, 32.5 x 8, 32.5 x 8

Notes

I had a pretty good workout, great pumps as usual. Took the Black Hole about 45-60 minutes after working out, which ended up being about 45 minutes before dinner. I still am not feeling much of an effect, so I'm wondering if it's time to try taking it at a different time of the day for a while and see how that goes.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 08-14-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Monday, August 14

Day 19

Macros

Total Calories: 3852
    Protein: 356 (39%)
    Carbs: 374 (36%)
    Fat: 105 (26%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken about 30 min before dinner.

Notes

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm still at 196, so that means it's time to start upping the calories again tomorrow. From now on I will aim for the 4500 range. I also never got a chance to get my bodyfat done with calipers, but I am really starting to doubt the 17% bodyfat. Does anyone know how accurate that website actually is? A few years back I was around 10-11% and while I've gained a lot of weight (muscle), I don't see how I could have put on 6-7% of fat without noticing a significant increase in appearance. I've also seen pictures of guys on here, and bodybuilding.com that list themselves around 17% and compared them to myself. Other then that, nothing new to report. I kept the calories a little lower today since it was an off day, and again took the Black Hole about 30 minutes before dinner. I didn't eat much more, but I also didn't really feel stuffed either, so that's a plus. That's about it, be back tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mos Jeff; 08-14-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Tuesday, August 15

Day 20

Macros

Total Calories: 4466
    Protein: 412 (39%)
    Carbs: 426 (33%)
    Fat: 135 (28%)

Supplement Schedule

Multi in the A.M.
    6 fish oil caps.
    Excell: 3 scoops sipped during workout.
    Black Hole: 3 pills taken post-workout.

Workout: Chest/Back/Traps

Incline DB BP: 65 x12, 80 x 12, 85 x 10, 90 x 8, 90 x 8
    DB Flys: 30 x 10, 35 x 10, 40 x 10
    Bentover Rows: 135 x 15, 175 x 15, 185 x 12, 185 x 12
    V-Grip Pulldowns: 115 x 15, 130 x 12, 140 x 12
    Shrugs: 225 x 15, 235 x 12, 245 x 12, 250 x 12

Notes

I feel real full, but I managed to up the calories today. I Also had a great workout today. I had a lot of energy and was really focused on each set. I think starting tomorrow, I may try taking the Black Hole at a different time of the day, probably in the afternoon before lunch. I'm seriously not feeling anything worth noting when I take it before dinner. I'm not eating anymore food then I normally would at that particular meal, and I still feel full. Hopefully the change in timing will make a difference.