dotcrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Dire need for new routine, need to get cut (long) Plz help

Hi Everyone,
    I was referred to this site by a friend and think it is great so far, but I am having trouble finding what I am looking for. Please excuse the length of this post..

My basic situation is that I think I am too bulky - I look at myself in the mirror and see this bulkiness, and I do not like it at all - I think I have decent sized arms and chest, but they are not "cut" or "ripped" like I want them to be. Its almost to the point that I do not want to work out anymore so I can get my size down, I want to get away from this bulkiness!

Let me start with the basic info. I am 22 years old, been working out since I was about 18 or so, stopped for about 4 months, but been consistent for the most part (take some breaks between vacations). Unfortunately my routine has remained almost the same since then, adding in new exercises sometimes or switching the order. I will describe them to you as best I can, but I am new to the lingo for the exercises:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday workouts - switching with the following.
    Arms (triceps/biceps) / Shoulders
    Chest / Back / Stomach

E.g. Monday arms, Wed chest, mon arms and it goes like that back and forth.

For arms I usually start off with curling (biceps) with the bar on the thing you sit on - used to focus on weight, 1 set 20 lbs, 2 sets of 25, 1 of 30, but now been starting with 15, 20, 20, 25. Don't really like this exercise that much anymore, but it "works" me.

Then switch to triceps, usually do dips, or the exercise with the bar where you bring it below your head, back up, down, etc.

After that usually do side curls or hammer curls, start with 20s, go to 25s, and depending on how that goes move the weight up, do 3 sets of these.

Then shoulders - 3 sets of moving the weights straight up with 20s, then butterflies, 6 sets total.

After that back to triceps, 3 sets of ropes (pulling it down), then the bar that looks like the ropes except is solid.

After that usually do one more bicep, maybe chinups, or super 7s, then a shoulder machine.

For chest, usually start with bench, warm up with a set of 45s on both sides, then used to go straight to 215 lbs, but now been going up slowly to that, struggling since I've missed more then I would like, e.g. adding 10s on both sides, 20s, 25s - sometimes go for more weight depending on how I'm feeling. Go to incline, start with 45s both sides, then add 10, then 20, but struggle on those, then decline amd do the same (pretty worn out by now), SOMETIMES throw in freeweights instead of the bar. Between those I do back exercises on a couple machines, before doing decline I do the stomach machines.

That's pretty much it, I used to take Creatine for a while, but haven't for at least a year, I think a majority of my "bulkiness" came from that, as I am naturally pretty skinny. So my dilemma is I need some new exercises, or I need to know how to use these exercises to gain definition - when I hold a fist and twist my arms to flex I can see definition in my biceps and triceps, but I want it to be like that all the time! One thing to add is that I take ISOPURE Protein (50gs) after each workout in the form of a shake.

Lastly, I want to add that I started running Sat and Sundays, 3.05 miles on the treadmil in about 35 minutes - and I enjoy it, it takes more out of me then lifting, that was my idea to get a more cut appearance, would it work?

So I think thats it, any questions, please ask, but please help me find something new! Thanks guys!

EDIT: I haven't weighed myself for a while, but I will ASAP - I stopped because I used to be like 175-180, and went down quit a bit to about 160-165, I'm about 5'9 by the way, not fat (dont have exact body fat #)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both for chest and arms, this routine takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours at most.

I'm pretty busy at school thats why I do 3 days, but would be willing to do more, just depends on the time needed to spend.
    Last edited by dotcrunk; 04-04-2005 at 12:54 PM.

RustyFA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok

Perhaps more information would help. Just kidding. I am by no means an expert but you need to first get your diet in order and then do cardio 5-6 times a week. HIIT three of those. There are some supplements that do work. It sounds like you should look pretty good afterwards. As a guess I would say 2-4 months and you will be set up.

dotcrunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump