skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) skinnyboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What do you guys eat in the middle of the night?

I'm thinking of drinking a boat load of liquid before I go to bed so I wake up and I can eat something in the middle of the night.

Do you guys go all the way to fridge or do you have something nonperishable by your bed? I eat cottage cheese and flax before I go to bed at night, but I'm don't want to leave it out all night for my "middle of the night" snack.

shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you can find something that doesn't separate you could mix a shake before bed, throw it in the fridge, and chug it down in the middle of the night.

david

Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tantalus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I sometimes just have whey in water by the bed.

Just lately, I've been lucky to get 7 hours & I figure the little extra sleep will probably help more than having something during the night.

enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) enkai has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    before sleep, i look at the clock and tell myself...wake up in four hours, and usually within like 10 mins up or down i'll get up and go mix me a protein shake and chug it down, i use to do myoplex or met-rx ones, but sometimes i'll chug down a whey protein cuz its good to give it a surge of protein

bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpdaddy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i usually sleep
    The mark of a man is one who knows he can't control his circumstances - but he can control his responses.

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why on earth are you guys chugging whey shakes before bed? It's useless. Try cottage cheese and some low-GI carbs.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by seanconnery
    Why on earth are you guys chugging whey shakes before bed? It's useless. Try cottage cheese and some low-GI carbs.

What are you talking about "useless" Its IMPERATIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Just try not to eat a whey Isolate before bed but if you are going to go to bed and wake up in a couple hrs then a casinate will be just fine.....

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whey anytime outside of the post-workout anabolic window is useless.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Explain??????

IIRC 70% is oxidized for energy, and what you would want before sleep is something that goes through the system more slowly, like casein, rather than whey, to maintain a positive nitrogen balance for as long as possible.

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wildman...what don't you understand about what our good friend 007 (aka Sean Connery) is saying about whey as a stand-alone? If you've got whey and you want to use it in your last meal, mix it with cottage cheese or add it to a meal with a whole-food protein source. There, you've just created one of those nighttime proteins:-)

skinnyboy...just have a meal prepared. I used to just have a scoop of protein in a shaker and added liquid to it when I woke up in the middle of the night.
    Unstoppable Confidence

Even mixing it with casein may not work. Cat says it's okay, but str8 appears to have differing opinions on that. Whey's molecular weight is so insignificant that it'd go straight through your system anyway.

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)

why whey

Have some soup, Ummmmmmmm yummy
    Attached Images
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

Ah, that looks like a most excellent soup. Borsch?

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    007...my point was basically that you'd have the advantages of the whey (i.e. anabolism, lots of amino quickly) in addition to the advantages of the casein (i.e. anti-catabolism, slower, sustained release of aminos). This basically mimics exactly what those time-released (*cough* bull**** *cough*) proteins offer.
    Unstoppable Confidence

I see, I see.

GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) GM_muscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LoL! F**k that! I would never get up in the middle of the night to chug a glass of protein or eat a chicken breast. That would screw up my sleep schedule so much it wouldn't even be worth any gains. I think I'll stick to chugging a glass of protein late at night, and eating supper after my workout at around 10-11pm. Getting up at 4am to chug some protein... How do you guys do it?

ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000) ugotme is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drink whey mixed with skim before I sleep, or oatmeal and whey. Seems to keep me good without noticeable fat gain.

batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by LS1muscle
    LoL! F**k that! I would never get up in the middle of the night to chug a glass of protein or eat a chicken breast. That would screw up my sleep schedule so much it wouldn't even be worth any gains. I think I'll stick to chugging a glass of protein late at night, and eating supper after my workout at around 10-11pm. Getting up at 4am to chug some protein... How do you guys do it?
    it really only takes one or two minutes. i get up, walk out to the kitchen, grab a 16oz serving of skim milk and two tablespoons of peanut butter. before i even realize im out of bed, im back sleeping again.

John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000) John Benz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always eat a high protein low/zero carb meal just before bed, and have a 50 gm shake waiting in the fridge, consisting of casein/egg/whey protein. If you are drinking enough water, just about everyone gets up at least once for a bathroom run. Just shake up your drink and gulp it down. Sleep is important, and I wouldn't set an alarm or anything, but since I get up anyway about 4 a.m. ....
    ADMIN@ Sons of Iron
    ADMIN@ MuscleforumUSA
    SUPERMOD@ Anabolic-Enhancement
    SUPERMOD@ MassMonsterz