Registered User TurquoiseBarbie's Avatar
    TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurquoiseBarbie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie in need of advice!

Hi all!

Newbie here in need of advice please! So I'm 5ft 5, female, I weigh 8st 11, and I'm 20! My goal is to build muscle, but I don't want to get "fatter", I just want muscle!

So here's what I've been doing, I've been at the gym for 2 months. I do 15 mins cardio and then an hour weight training. Sqats with weights, sit ups and crunches with medicine ball, lat bar and curls, and then leg press ect on leg day (Thursday). I'm taking USC whey protein drink before and after gym, I stick to low fat foods and avoid carbs. I'm wondering if I can take BCAAs, if they'll help? I've read a few things about them having testosterone in them and the guys at the gym keep joking about how ill grow a beard if I take them!
    I've just ordered fat burners they should be here on Friday (today's my rest day). Any advice on what else I can take to increase muscle? Will BCAAs turn me into a warewolf? I wanna avoid creatine as from what I've read they just bloat you which is what I DON'T want.

Any advice would be great. Thank you! X

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    You will not gain any muscle without gaining a bit of fat with it. That's how it works. Girls with the most muscle have likely gone through several bulking (a surplus of calories while lifting heavy) and cutting (a deficit in calories while lifting heavy) cycles.

Read here about what your diet should look like:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

Try a solid program. One that is proven to get results and can give you a good grasp of how weight training works. Something like Starting Strength, or The New Rules of Lifting 4 Women.

Don't bother with supplements other than protein. They are now going to get you to your goal any faster and 'fat burners' do not " burn fat".

The first challenge for you is going to be getting over your fear of gaining an ounce of fat. It is a necessary evil in the quest for muscle growth.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) cenfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with everything above. ^^^^

I wanted to add in that BCAA's do not make you grow facial hair. I've never heard of that! I've taken both EAA's and BCAA's and never once experienced something remotely close to that. As for creatine it really varies person to person. It doesn't make me bloat and I definitely get the effect (I can do heavier/more reps) it does however really upset my stomach.

Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clairmau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't avoid carbs or fats, they're both essential macros in building mass. And like everyone else said, you need to get over your fear of gaining some fat, it happens to everyone, but the end result is always worth it. Keep it up, and good luck with your journey OP.