fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to pick right color and cut for first figure suit

Hi everyone,

I want to do my first figure competition this year and the big issue is getting a suit. Besides needing something incredibly affordable, I have no idea how to pick the right color and cut. How do you figure that out? I'm 5'3" with a short waist and I have blond hair and blue eyes.

Thanks for any help!
    "You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt, and who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"

What would you attempt to do today if you knew you couldn't fail?

Visit me!
    ********: www.********.com/musicstrong
    Blog: www.fluteangel.wordpress.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fluteanjel
    Websites: www.MusicStrong.com
    www.Fluteangel.net

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    A lot depends on your skin tone. What colors do you feel you look best in right now? Just stay away from colors like yellow, white., pale blue. They can wash you out plus you take a chance at getting pro tan or whatever you're wearing, on them. Popular colors are black, red, blue, green. Be careful with the foils - they can sometimes look over the top on stage.
    National Competitor

fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fluteangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! Blue is definitely my favorite color. So would it be safe to stick with a dark blue, non foil suit? What's the consensus on Velvet vs. non-velvet?
    "You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt, and who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?"

What would you attempt to do today if you knew you couldn't fail?

Visit me!
    ********: www.********.com/musicstrong
    Blog: www.fluteangel.wordpress.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fluteanjel
    Websites: www.MusicStrong.com
    www.Fluteangel.net

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fluteangel View Post
    Thanks! Blue is definitely my favorite color. So would it be safe to stick with a dark blue, non foil suit? What's the consensus on Velvet vs. non-velvet?

the only reason I say to avoid foils is that unless you have a ton of crystals on there, it looks kinda vegasy if that makes sense. Although I"ve seen some pretty awesome ones, they also had a ton of crystals. I think the material velvet vs non is really up to you. whoever makes your suit should send you some swatches. just tell them the color and/or pattern you are interested in.
    National Competitor

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO it's always a good idea to choose the suits in the deepest shade of your preferred colour spectrum....so if you like blue- ensure it is a rich blue...red, go deep red etc...I personally like the foil suits much better - I have tried both, but again it depends on what the designer likes, your $$ (i am sure foil is more expensive?) .... the type of federation may play a role as well

PS -- you can always flip through O2, or online and see what type the top finishers are wearing....also note girls with your skin tone, hair coloring etc for colour ideas

good luck
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro