Registered User flyingfisherman's Avatar
    flyingfisherman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bulk or cut? (pictures included)

Hello to whoever reads this

I'm new as you can see. Little background info about myself, I was overweight several years ago at 225lbs, I lost alot of the fat and in the process alot of muscle, didn't know what I was doing in regards to losing fat just ate less and moved more. 2 years ago I developed an eating disorder and since december 2007 I've tried adding muscle but failed at many attempts. Mainly due to me being worried about adding fat. I already have som fat around my stomach and what appears to be stretched skin from when I was overweight, I dont think I'll get my skin so tight to my abs as when I was anorexic even then the skin was loose.

But becuase I hear alot about how if your body fats low enough the loose skin will tighten then I'm always more inclined to cutting fat than adding muscle.
    I currently weigh about 150lbs, I'm 5 foot 9 inches and 24 years old.

I'll just say I'm still struggling with the eating disorder but getting better as time goes by, I've had advice from people not to worry about eating clean all the time and as long as I get my efa's and protein right I shouldn't concern myself with what I eat too much as long as my Kcals stay in check, this is to keep me from bingeing on foods I think of as being unclean, something I do to often. I dont know how you feel about the whole 'a calorie is a calorie' but I seem to add more fat while on a higher carb diet.

In the past I've tried high carb diets low carb diets both for adding muscle and cutting fat and used a 5 day split routine regardless, I've had people tell me I should eat more carbs and use a 3 day split focusing on strength instead? I dont know what direction to take to be honest and I would be gratefull if you can give me some advice on what I could do.

So here are some pictures of myself, as you can see there is some fat still on my stomach and some strechtmarks. What would anyone guesstimate my body fat at?
    Last edited by flyingfisherman; 09-30-2009 at 12:38 AM.

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you made some great progress. I would say to do a clean bulk. Check out the keto forums possibly. The skin should take some time, but I def think you are good on the cutting.

Clean bulk would do you good to put on about 15-20 lbs over a year and a half or so. Good thing to shoot for is about 1.5-2 lbs per month [.5lb muscle per week.] Eat good, eat clean, and lift your butt off in the gym.

Great job on fat loss.
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

Registered User flyingfisherman's Avatar
    flyingfisherman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks dude, really appreacite the feedback. Do you think it matters too much as to what kind of lifting routine I implement, or just seek to progressive overload and eat more.

Some have said you must do starting strength others say regular 5 day split is fine, any thoughts? I would say I'm pretty weak as on my squats and bench presses I cant lift a whole lot.

Cheers