x19delta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x19delta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My consistent Muscle gains on Keto cut? WTF

Ok, so I have done Keto for about 3 weeks as directed but went on vacation and of course, I didnt follow keto for 7 days while I was on vacation. I came back to the gym today. I weighted myself on an electro-bf-scale on 06/21 and again today 07/06. The difference was this:

06/21------------- 07/06
    225lbs------------ 228lbs
    174lbs Muscle-- 182lbs Muscle
    52lbs Fat------- 46lbs Fat
    125lbs Water-- 132lbs Water
    22.8% BF-------- 20.6% BF

I was very active w/o lifting for the 7 days...however, going from Keto to Anything-I-see diet, is this possible? I know its not 100% accurate but it's been consistent. I have done this test every 2-3 weeks and have seen constant fat loss AND muscle gain.

Im just confused because I have been on a major calorie reduction but have consistently gained muscle mass. I can see it in the mirror as well. Just looking for someone with experience to tell me Im not crazy
    "Americans sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

“If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” - The Rock

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." -Jesus

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ignore that. The difference in hydration levels between keto and non-keto tends to confuse those machines, so you can get widely differing readings, say before and after a carb-up.

But yes, it is quite possible to gain muscle on keto.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Ignore that. The difference in hydration levels between keto and non-keto tends to confuse those machines, so you can get widely differing readings, say before and after a carb-up.

But yes, it is quite possible to gain muscle on keto.
    Yeah...those machines can be tricky. I've measured at 22% and 19% in 24 hours before. I only do calipers now.

kklockau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what kinds of measuring devices are you using to get those numbers?

x19delta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x19delta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kklockau View Post
    what kinds of measuring devices are you using to get those numbers?
    Electronic scale that you step on bare foot and prints out a ticket that gives you all the info.

Arent calipers unreliable though? They only measure BF too...I like knowing how much muscle vs water vs fat weight i have. Ah well...guess i cant have it all huh? lol.
    "Americans sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

“If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.” - The Rock

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." -Jesus

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, you've just seen that those machines are not accurate either. Calipers will give you a more consistent bodyfat reading, as long as it's properly done by the same person each time. They need to pinch hard enough to hurt!
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders