Silentsushix3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Lets help you remember!

Hi, I am pretty new to these forums and working out. I do know what its like to struggle at the beginning, getting super excited as you take your first few steps to having the body you want. I just wanna give all the beginners something to think about or start doing to help remind you not to eat todays McDonalds or remind you that u should be at the gym right now instead of watching tv. I will edit this as i go!

1) Carry a 1 gallon bottle of water with you where ever you go. This helps you get into the rhythm of drinking at least 1 gallon PER DAY while also reminding you not to stray away from your diet.(at least for me, holding and seeing the bottle helps as a reminder that i am on my way to a better me.)

I will continue to add to this as time goes on. Thank you! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not to sound like a dick or anything.... but other people are going to think your a total tool for carrying around a gallon of water.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gizmosbro2 View Post
    Not to sound like a dick or anything.... but other people are going to think your a total tool for carrying around a gallon of water.
    +1 not trying to be mean, it's just true. Unless you don't care like looking like a tool, a fully topped up metal water bottle at all times might be more appropriate.

EDIT: Welcome to the boards btw and good luck with your life changes, you came to the right spot!

Silentsushix3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, truly not trying to be mean, but it is talked about in the beginner videos. Your doing this for yourself no one else. So it really shouldn't even matter?

And thank you very much. I will try and stay active.

Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gizmosbro2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hear ya, and i have respect for you doing what you want. I think its easier to avoid those bad habits if you simply tell people (friends/family) that you are trying to better yourself. If you are a shy person who like to go with the flow, its very easy to be persuaded by these "negative" influences. After awhile they will get the gist of what you are doing, and be supportive when they see your success. If carrying that around is what it takes for you to stay on track, then so be it. I just think you may be misundersood by people in our circle. They may see you as a wannabe if you are not huge and doing things that pro bodybuilders do.

I personally dont carry a water bottle to the gym so that i have to keep moving durring my workout. Not to mention how quenching that cold water from the drinking fountain is over room temp. I also feel more confined if i feel like i have to drink a gallon of water every day. Chances are i probably drink at least that much, but i just drink water/milk only as it is the most healthy option. If im thirsty, i drink, and i choose water 90% of the time... makes it feel like im doing something good for myself opposed to another chore. Same goes for eating ****ty food.... if i tell myself i cant eat mcdonalds, there is more of a chance ill binge on it if im not happy. However if i stay positive and tell myself i could eat anything i want, but what would help me get to where i want...then im more likely to make the right option. This is just what works for me.

Props for you trying to better yourself! Stick around this motivation section, it will help you stay on track!

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hear ya, and i have respect for you doing what you want. I think its easier to avoid those bad habits if you simply tell people (friends/family) that you are trying to better yourself. If you are a shy person who like to go with the flow, its very easy to be persuaded by these "negative" influences. After awhile they will get the gist of what you are doing, and be supportive when they see your success. If carrying that around is what it takes for you to stay on track, then so be it. I just think you may be misundersood by people in our circle. They may see you as a wannabe if you are not huge and doing things that pro bodybuilders do.

I personally dont carry a water bottle to the gym so that i have to keep moving durring my workout. Not to mention how quenching that cold water from the drinking fountain is over room temp. I also feel more confined if i feel like i have to drink a gallon of water every day. Chances are i probably drink at least that much, but i just drink water/milk only as it is the most healthy option. If im thirsty, i drink, and i choose water 90% of the time... makes it feel like im doing something good for myself opposed to another chore. Same goes for eating ****ty food.... if i tell myself i cant eat mcdonalds, there is more of a chance ill binge on it if im not happy. However if i stay positive and tell myself i could eat anything i want, but what would help me get to where i want...then im more likely to make the right option. This is just what works for me.

Props for you trying to better yourself! Stick around this motivation section, it will help you stay on track!
    Agreed.

I have a couple rules you should add.
    1 - eat clean food like a horse to gain
    2 - never take no or 'I can't do it' for an answer, it is unacceptable
    3 - if you aren't making ridiculous faces in the gym, you should question how hard you are really working