Thread: lack of sleep

BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lack of sleep

I have been sleeping like ****, 8 hours total in the last two days. its finally hit me and I am exhausted. Yesterday was chest/tri and today is legs lower back/abs.. I can barely keep my eyes open at work. Is it better for me to skip a day and rest up or go and try and get through my routine??
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Churchill

BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    went through motivational pics thread, hitting the gym and doing it hard today, f--- being tired, need to hit my goals. moderator can delete this thread if need be, sorry to waste space.
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Churchill

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is your diet like? Is your professional work overly demanding? Maybe family or relationship stress?

Or perhaps you just need to invest in some melatonin. Sublingual pill that you take as you go to bed. It dissolves under the tongue and by the time it is completely gone, you're usually naturally asleep. It always puts me out for 6-8 hours easy with no groggy feeling.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brick333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    What is your diet like? Is your professional work overly demanding? Maybe family or relationship stress?

Or perhaps you just need to invest in some melatonin. Sublingual pill that you take as you go to bed. It dissolves under the tongue and by the time it is completely gone, you're usually naturally asleep. It always puts me out for 6-8 hours easy with no groggy feeling.

My diet consists of eggs, canned tuna, sushi, nuts, fruit, salad, turkey sandwhiches, chicken, tilapia, water only (wine on the wknds sometimes)

work isnt too bad and the gf is drama free so thats not too much of a factor

I will def look into melatonin, and the fact that it dissolves under my tongue is great, i struggle w/ large pills

Thank you both for the tips and link

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BoSox86 View Post
    I will def look into melatonin, and the fact that it dissolves under my tongue is great, i struggle w/ large pills
    Just make sure to get the sub-lingual kind. There are three types that I know of: the basic pill form, the slow release kind, and then the sub-lingual. Most pharmacies have all three, though nearly all grocery stores have the basic kind. The pills are fairly small though since it doesn't take much to make you sleepy. It doesn't keep you asleep, just helps you fall asleep. Sorta like when you are at the dentist and the bright light is shining in your eyes for too long, you get drowsy. That is melatonin at work.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    Just make sure to get the sub-lingual kind. There are three types that I know of: the basic pill form, the slow release kind, and then the sub-lingual. Most pharmacies have all three, though nearly all grocery stores have the basic kind. The pills are fairly small though since it doesn't take much to make you sleepy. It doesn't keep you asleep, just helps you fall asleep. Sorta like when you are at the dentist and the bright light is shining in your eyes for too long, you get drowsy. That is melatonin at work.
    rep

thanks

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    went through motivational pics thread, hitting the gym and doing it hard today, f--- being tired
    Good to hear
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faxanadu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    went through motivational pics thread, hitting the gym and doing it hard today, f--- being tired, need to hit my goals. moderator can delete this thread if need be, sorry to waste space.
    A large amount of your muscular growth process happens during sleep. On top of that a large amount of testosterone is released during the later stages of sleep. Not getting sleep is going to be counter productive towards growth.

I'm curious at what time you hit the rack? Are you working out right before that time?

One last important point: Drowsiness, yawning, and general sleepiness aren't the first stages of falling asleep they're the last. So basically, you should be in bed with your head on the pillow when you're feeling these symptoms.
    "There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle." -Gym Jones
    "The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius

?start=(#seconds)

TAMU Corps
    Skydiving
    Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (Jasper AB to Juarez MX) 2014
    Appalachian Trail 2013

I get out of work at 2:30 and hit the gym from 3-5, followed by my drive home a protein shake and a shower. I usually eat dinner around 10 and TRY to be in bed before 1.

LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10) LukePhillips is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is no one secret answer for sleep. I used to struggle with sleep a few years ago. I'd lie in bed awake for hours. Now I can fall asleep anywhere any time. I just woke up from my second nap of the day and I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night.

1. Taper off your sugar you get closer to bed time. That was my big problem.

2. Stay out of your room/or off the bed. Don't underestimate the mental aspect. Your brain needs to know what to do when it gets in bed. Don't send it mixed signals. Exactly how your blood starts pumping when you get to the gym, before you even get changed.

3. Don't THINK about falling asleep while you're trying to fall asleep. The buried head never gets eaten by ants if you watch it all day! Think about stupid ****. When something works, think about that when you're trying to fall asleep from then on.

4. Don't get pissed when you've been laying there for an hour and are still up. Stay in a relaxed mental state.

5. Close your eyes and don't keep opening them. Once they're closed, keep them that way, no excuses. Your brain will again be getting mixed signals.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.