-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Anyone train from home/building home gym

I've been out of the personal training business for a few years, not out of practice just not in practice.
    Anyways, I'm building a home gym but not just any home gym. I own a 3000sqft insulated warehouse with 30' ceilings on my property. It used to be for heavy machinery, etc but now I've been converting it into a gym.
    Anyone else do this and have any issues with people? Any unforeseen issues I should consider?

Currently have:
    Dumbbells 5-100
    Power rack
    Lat pull down
    Seated row
    Pec Deck
    T bar row
    Another weighted seated row
    Misc benches
    Battle ropes
    Tractor tires

Looking to add:
    1st floor (weight room)
    Atlas stones
    dumbells 110-200
    Olympic bumpers

2nd floor (cardio/theater rom)
    2x airdyne cycles
    concept 2 rower
    concept 2 skierg
    2x jacobs ladders

30ft rock wall
    2x 25ft climbing ropes over 5 ft netting
    4x 22ft poles (for pole fitness, wifes thing)

Am I missing anything here?

This gym is also going to be open to my neighbors and will be used for a wounded warrior project I am running on my property, so it's not completely a selfish thing but given that the wife gave me the thumbs up, I'm going balls deep on this one.
    Last edited by -Ironside-; 11-10-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: context
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As for space & equipment, it seems you have everything. Way more than I currently have and will have in the next few years.

I'm not sure what you asking. But just make sure there is enough space between machines & equipment & place all "like" equipment together just like a commercial gym does.

If you plan to charge people to use it liability should be your #1 concern. Liability insurance should help you out with that.
    Keith Alpichi , B.S. in Kinesiology, CPT, and Founder of KA Fitness & Athletics

Online personal training (Personalized exercise and nutritional programming via online training software application)
    Bootcamp group training & sports performance training based out of San Jose, Ca

Visit www.keithalpichi.com
    For training and business inquiries please email keith@keithalpichi.com

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Main question was just a general 'any tips' from people who have trained at home. Should have put that in there I guess lol.
    Liability is a definite. Although I don't foresee any issues in my little village, we're not sue happy here luckily
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dundas112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leg press?
    Trx/Olympic rings

Guess it depends on the type of training you do/clients you will have.

RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000) RamsdenF is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds awesome man. I especially like what you are doing with the Wounded Warrior Project.

You have a good head on your shoulders it seems and you know exactly what you want in your vision. The only real barrier will financials. Good luck!

Originally Posted by RamsdenF View Post
    Sounds awesome man. I especially like what you are doing with the Wounded Warrior Project.

You have a good head on your shoulders it seems and you know exactly what you want in your vision. The only real barrier will financials. Good luck!
    Tell me about it I've sunk almost 400k into this so far. About 10 into the gym.

Btw I have Olympic rings forgot to mention those.
    Hughumanity.org is the project site. I'll start putting the gym pics up next week. Just bought 2 Jacobs ladders today. Going to get an airdyne next week, gotta keep hunting for good deals.

Have my first 3 clients already lined up just from word of mouth.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your list looks solid. The only thing I would add is maybe one more power rack or a couple decent half racks/squat stands. I have found that it helps open up the programming if there is little to no transitional time between exercises if you have a group session going with squats.

I didn't see any boxes or pads listed for plyo work/squatting. Are you just gonna use the benches?

Originally Posted by FyrFytr998 View Post
    Your list looks solid. The only thing I would add is maybe one more power rack or a couple decent half racks/squat stands. I have found that it helps open up the programming if there is little to no transitional time between exercises if you have a group session going with squats.

I didn't see any boxes or pads listed for plyo work/squatting. Are you just gonna use the benches?
    Absolutely. This is just the starting list. I'd like to have at least 2 power racks 2 of each bench.
    I thought I listed the plyos, my neigbor is building the plyoboxes and helping with atlas stones. We're also going to try and build atlasbells (kettle bells from atlas stone molds)
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed