Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Training, exercises, routines..All that you beginners need to know

Training isnt just a simple word. It isnt just something you go and get in shape at the gym for the ladies or to show off to your friends. Training is dedication. The ability to self motivate yourself to aim for something great, something not a handful of people can conquer. Training is a brutal task you put upon yourself to succeed at whatever you do. No matter it be with bodybuilding, powerlifting, football, baseball...Hell even ballet for that matter. You have to put all your effort into training. Most def. nutrition as well, but this is the exercise forum, so details about nutrition are limited in this thread!
    Back to the Basics-Teen Bodybuilding
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/duncan1.htm

For each bodypart comes certain workouts, that not only stand out the most, but work the best as well. You will want heavy compound movements to hit the muscles directly and heavy and hard. Now, take bench press and cable flies for instance. Which one can you lift the most weight, properly and cheating ? thats right, the bench press. Meaning that workout would have to hit the muscle way harder than a workout like a cable flie.

I think we are getting the picture as to what I am saying here. Heavier movements work better than those little workouts skinny guys do in the corner in front of the mirror! Now even though heavier movements will build the best size, its also a good thing to add a few isolation workouts to focus on some serious burns in the muscle and major contraction. So do not think they are pointless completely, but they should be kept torwards the end of your routine because you will fatigue quick as a natural lifter and you will not be able to hit it as intensley as you do at the beginning of your workout.

Here is a list of heavy compound movements that I suggest, and recommend using for better growth.

Chest-
    Flat BB bench press and DB
    INcline BB and Db press
    Decline BB press and db

Triceps-
    Close grip bench press
    Reverse grip bench press
    Pressdowns
    skullcrushers
    bench dips

Biceps-
    Preacher curls
    db alt. curls
    Barbell curls

Traps-
    Shrugs

Calves-
    standing calve raises
    leg press calve raises
    seated calve raises

Back
    Deadlifts
    pull ups/pulldowns
    bent rows
    t-bar rows

Shoulders-
    Military press and db's
    side laterals
    reverse db flies

Quads and hamstrings-
    squats
    deadlifts&stiff legged
    leg press
    hacksquat
    lunges

Reps have to do with your bodies reaction and I think some reps and sets work well with different people. An average amount for anybody to build muscle is around 6-15 reps. Anymore than that I done see a natural building to much muscle QUICK. Even though they say if you lfit heavier the bigger you will get. That is true, but going to heavy and not completing a successful amount of repititions will not heavy either except getting stronger. Which is not a very bad deal anyways. Completing a few strength training programs the first year or so into it would benefit you in many ways as you progress with your dieting and learning form with all of your lifts. Form is very important. With all those heavy movements form is the most important. They are size and strength builders as well. You do not want to sling weight everywhere with them as that can be dangerous.
    Working Pyramid Sets into Your Workout can benfit You!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark45.htm

Always perform 1-2 warm up sets to get the feel of the exercise. Just because you just finished two big workouts right before does not mean you are warmed up to hit the 3rd one hard to start off. Get your muscles ready and warmed up to hit that particular movement. It will only benefit you and save you from injuring yourself in the long run.

Stretching can be very beneificial as well. I dont really stretch BEFORE a workout but I do stretch during and after every workout routine that I go through. Reasons for this is because I do proper light warm up sets to warm my muscles up, and not over tire them or work them to much. I feel this is enough to stretch them and get some blood flowing before I grab something heavy. Stretching during my workouts I alwasy stretch between sets. This helps stretch the muscle and allow more blood flow into the muscle. Allowing for a greater pump to occur. If you dont like this process then it is not necessary, but I think it helps make your pumps feel better and according to 80% of teens who start out, that is what they love and the better the pump the bigger you feel, the more you love it, right ? So give it a try and dont stretch to hard or to long. Stretching is beneficial, when used correctly. However, as with most activities there are rules and guidelines to ensure that they are safe, and stretching is no exception. Stretching can be extremely dangerous and harmful if used incorrectly.
    Stretching and the Warmup, are you confused on how to do it ?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/walker1.htm

Another way that will help blood flow better, and will help benefit you if you ever want to enter a bodybuilding show. Flex and pose between sets in front of the mirror. With the muscle pumped up and tight you will look better than normal and the muscle will flex better. With the practice every day between sets you will get a lot better and be ready for a show someday and you wont even know it by doing this. Plus when some1 asks you to flex then you will look more professional and not like your showing off so much scrunching down your abs and leaning forward to much and propping your biceps in the air and not even flexing them correctly. So practice and keep shooting for your goals.
    Guides to becoming a great poser
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson187.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mark9.htm

Cardio Sessions-
    Cardio can be a lifters worst word to hear. It really is painful to do and it takes time to get use to. Waking up and hitting 40 minutes on the treadmill, bike or elliptical without any breakfast in you can be rough. I know because I have done it for a contest prep. I have found eating breakfast first benefits me better, but some people get nausiated a lot easier. I do not get sick though eating then doing cardio. Doing cardio first thing in the morning will help kickstart the day off and burn a whole lot of calories. Trying to fit a training session 8+ hours laters is very beneficial and gives your body enough time to rest some for the heavy weight training you are about to put your body through. Never do a cardio session BEFORE a weight training session. If all else fails, do it dead last after your training. Its easy to quit running after a few minutes and sitting down and start watching tv if your on a treadmill. Its way to easy. Thats why you dont see everyone getting exercise. Because it is difficult to finish. Show everyone your self disciplin and keep moving. Dont look at the timer, dont let your mind tell you are tired. You arent tired you are just being lazy. Keep going. Grab your ipod and keep going. Put on Eye of the Tiger and perform a Rocky scene, haha! That always helps me out Mix your cardio sessions up. Try boxing a few minutes then try a few sprints, and then grab a jump rope for a few minutes and switch it up every few minutes if you get bored. This will not only help you burn a lot of calories that you want gone, but will also keep things exciting. You can do it, just push through the pain. Its only a small peice of hell, but its worth it once you make it to the end.
    http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/derek18.htm

Whatever your goals are, you need to keep progress. If you dont have time then id suggest keeping it memorized. Dont go in the gym the following week and dont remember what any of the weight you done the previous week. Take pride in your training. AS well as your nutrition. If you count calories then count your weight. Keep track of everything.

HIIT is optional and doesnt make a difference. If you dont want to do HIIT then its fine. I recommend longer interval training rather than short higher intensity training. I feel it keeps my muscle on my bones and burns enough fat. I lose fat and gain is pretty even so I think this works for me. If you lose fat very slow then id suggest some HIIT. If you lose weight very easy and you have a hard time putting it on then I suggest not doing any cardio and just eat the kitchen away, ha! Do what your body enjoys the best. If you think youll stay more motivated with high intensity training then go for it. its according what your goals are. If you want to be a powerlifter then look up some awesome training workouts and go by them. Remember though, with powerlifting. Form is EVERYTHING. Injury will come in no time. Always have a high carb diets while lifting heavy weights. As this will keep you recovering from death grueling workouts that you will have to put your body through. Remember, set realistic goals and aim for everything you want. If you think you can do it, then I think you can do it. Just have to beleive in yourself and dont expect to much except what seems realistic. Sometimes you might just do better than your mind is antisipating.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/draper5.htm
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000) Raw D0g is a name known to all. (+5000)
    very informative information. repped!
    [5/9 crew]
    -------------------------
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.
    -------------------------

legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legendz411 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thx bro. Also, you look awesome

(no homo)

thanks guys, I figured with all the training questions being asked in this section I would write something up that could help out with that so a lot of newb questions would slow down some.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

jeni_fini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training

Do you think it's best to do cardio first, then do weight training or the other way around?

Its moreso rather depending on your goals with your physique. If you want more focus onto your overall health, and shape then cardiovascular training should be ur routine with wights being your helper. That isnt an excuse to slack on weight training, but strong focus on cardio would be more beneficial if you want a slim, toned body.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

jeni_fini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training,exercises, routines

Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    Its moreso rather depending on your goals with your physique. If you want more focus onto your overall health, and shape then cardiovascular training should be ur routine with wights being your helper. That isnt an excuse to slack on weight training, but strong focus on cardio would be more beneficial if you want a slim, toned body.

Thanks so much for the info!!

bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunty82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very very informative.

I am asking like if we do 5 days week workout.
    and
    can i do cardios in the evening. Also how days of cardio cos it make me very very tired.
    when i do everyday. Alternates are fine.

Originally Posted by bunty82 View Post
    Very very informative.

I am asking like if we do 5 days week workout.
    and
    can i do cardios in the evening. Also how days of cardio cos it make me very very tired.
    when i do everyday. Alternates are fine.
    Its acording if you are still progressing or not in weight loss. If you stall or slow down to a point where it appears you are not pshing to your max during your current sessions then add 5 minutes to your low intensity days or another interval or two to HIIT cardio, but most people make the problem of adding an entirely full session when adding 5 minutes to each session for that week and doing 4 sessions already can add 20 minutes by just adding 5 minutes a day. That my friend is a bunch extra of calories added in without overkilling it by adding 1 whole hour to kill muscle.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0