jgfRam05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shoulder pain when benching

hello all. i am new to the forum and have read all stickies but still have a question, any advice is appreciated.
    first, i have never had a shoulder injury
    second, i have been working out for a year and a half
    third, and to my question, i use a powerlifting style when benching and have never had a shoulder problem. my max used to be 185 and still no shoulder pain, well, once i popped up to 205, my shoulder just hurts with any pressing movement (bench, hammer strength, incline DB, incline bench, dips) basically everything ive been doing since i started working out. i was wondering if anyone had any corrective exercises or mobility work that could help this problem?

it feels as if my shoulder is going to pop out of socket every time i do any kind of chest pressing movement.

thank you all

MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeyL95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jgfRam05 View Post
    hello all. i am new to the forum and have read all stickies but still have a question, any advice is appreciated.
    first, i have never had a shoulder injury
    second, i have been working out for a year and a half
    third, and to my question, i use a powerlifting style when benching and have never had a shoulder problem. my max used to be 185 and still no shoulder pain, well, once i popped up to 205, my shoulder just hurts with any pressing movement (bench, hammer strength, incline DB, incline bench, dips) basically everything ive been doing since i started working out. i was wondering if anyone had any corrective exercises or mobility work that could help this problem?

it feels as if my shoulder is going to pop out of socket every time i do any kind of chest pressing movement.

thank you all
    Sounds like it might be the form.
    Do you roll your shoulders back like you're trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together or do you lie flat and let your shoulders move during the lift?

jgfRam05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MikeyL95 View Post
    Sounds like it might be the form.
    Do you roll your shoulders back like you're trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together or do you lie flat and let your shoulders move during the lift?
    i do squeeze my shoulders back, but like i said, never had a problem with it. i really pack and shrug my shoulders and its always worked for me until ive moved up in weight

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jgfRam05 View Post
    i do squeeze my shoulders back, but like i said, never had a problem with it. i really pack and shrug my shoulders and its always worked for me until ive moved up in weight
    Could be an injury. Doing shoulder mobility work is always a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...be.mNut4yZ4PPw
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1