Registered Pizza Brah FallOutBrah's Avatar
    FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

Red face spending 500 or more on luxury video game consoles/handhelds...

most micers are ceo/10k a day but how do you feel about dropping 500 or more bones on luxury items? like this new handhelds and consoles nowadays?

how do you decide if its worth it at the end of the day?

how do you feel about spending money on something thats not bill related, especially if its 500 or more?

have some cold ass frozen feet about the steam deck. looked at the budget a hundred times by now. im sure id like it. hell, love it.

but its alot of money still, and not something you need at all to survive.

been contemplating for months now truthfully.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do routinely, although it's not a major part of my budget and I don't spend a whole lot of money doing other things. I spend time with my family, all my friends are out of town and we get together Saturdays online (ie. cheap), I work out and I go to work. My main hobby or pastime is gaming, so yeah, get a good device you can afford if you are going to be spending time with something. I don't golf, go to bars, have expensive habits, gotta spend it somewhere.

I bounce between steam deck, sometimes dust off the 3ds, OLED switch. Every purchase was well worth it, if you're going to use it. If you don't do handheld or want and it's going to sit around collecting dust, then it would be a waste. If you're going to use it, then yeah, get it and probably get the highest end one.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like I buy, I no like I no buy.

TBH you sound like you really want it, so if the budget allows it get one. I've been playing way more since I picked one up.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55, M48.00

BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BigDeeps01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I barely spend any time gaming anymore and I have all 3 of the current gen consoles plus a gaming PC and a steam deck and 3DS

It’s really not that much money considering it’s like less than one system purchase a year

With inflation considered gaming is cheaper nowadays than it was when we were kids

Specifically the steam deck has been a great purchase for me, playing in bed mostly when I’m hanging out w the woman

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steam Deck is different as it has different utility as you can use it on the go. If I would actually use it I would have no problem buying one. But I already have a good gaming PC and a Series X (and a PS4 that I rarely use at this point), and when I game it's always at my desk. I've been wanting a Switch but have no one to play those games with so I've held off on that. Definitely wouldn't buy a "pro" version of a console that I already own.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) FallOutBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    I do routinely, although it's not a major part of my budget and I don't spend a whole lot of money doing other things. I spend time with my family, all my friends are out of town and we get together Saturdays online (ie. cheap), I work out and I go to work. My main hobby or pastime is gaming, so yeah, get a good device you can afford if you are going to be spending time with something. I don't golf, go to bars, have expensive habits, gotta spend it somewhere.

I bounce between steam deck, sometimes dust off the 3ds, OLED switch. Every purchase was well worth it, if you're going to use it. If you don't do handheld or want and it's going to sit around collecting dust, then it would be a waste. If you're going to use it, then yeah, get it and probably get the highest end one.
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    I like I buy, I no like I no buy.

TBH you sound like you really want it, so if the budget allows it get one. I've been playing way more since I picked one up.
    yeah i dont want it to collect dust. sit on a shelf. etc. like some of my other tech purchases have.

in my day to day life i probably use my laptop the most, although I must confess, gaming on it is not fun at all. from plugging it in all the time, booting up the laptop, dealing with windows distractions, fan noise, having to be stuck in one spot in a sense, making sure my headphones and controller are working and ready to go, then going in and out of steam...it kind of sucks.

i dont travel alot. really for just playing on the couch or in bed...is that worth close to 600 dollars?

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I recently bought the latest XBoxX..till then I was playing my OG XBox One since it released back in 2013. Never saw a reason to update as games did not look that much better IMO. When I upgraded, also bought a 55in LG OLED, figure it's time to update everything. Gaming looks amazing now but I find myself playing more of the old school games that do not take advantage of the graphics of today.

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    I recently bought the latest XBoxX..till then I was playing my OG XBox One since it released back in 2013. Never saw a reason to update as games did not look that much better IMO. When I upgraded, also bought a 55in LG OLED, figure it's time to update everything. Gaming looks amazing now but I find myself playing more of the old school games that do not take advantage of the graphics of today.
    my ps5 is collecting dust. the game library doesnt appeal to me. not sure why i have it tbh.

i prefer old school games plus steam games. anything on ps5 and xbox series doesnt appeal to me right now.

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigElephant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just found out there's a Steamdeck-esque device called "ROG Ally" that offers integrated Steam, Epic store, and Gamepass (I'm assuming PC Gamepass) support. Pretty cool, but the kinds of games I would play on a handheld are games that I would want my progress to carry over from Xbox (Plants vs Zombies GW2, WWE 2k24, Madden, MLB the Show, Party Animals, Fall Guys) and I'm pretty sure the only game that's possible on currently of those is Fall Guys, but Party Animals is working on cross progression. Not sure how cloud saves work with Madden, if I could use a cloud save from Xbox Madden to load a franchise on PC or handheld Madden. Probably won't ever happen for WWE or MLB the Show, and definitely not for PvZ.

So for something like I'm looking for I'd have to wait for either Microsoft to make an Xbox handheld or allow another company to do so. Doubt they would ever let Steamdeck or ROG Ally just play Xbox games.
    See Krackerjacked's sig

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Having watched a lot of these handhelds, including the Rog Ally (which btw, they're putting out or just released an updated version): Windows and handhelds is not seamless. I don't own one of them but I suspect it's a lot of fuking around and tinkering to get chit working. Windows is a hog when it comes to memory, Linux isn't, so it's not quite a straight comparison of hardware. ASUS is also engaging in awful business practices, refusing to honor warranties and holding people's devices ransom when they're sent it for warranty repairs.

This longhaired dude has been documenting a lot of chit with ASUS after they held him ransom after sending in his Ally for warranty repairs. If it's timestamped, just go to the start. Tons of other videos he's made about it on his channel, too.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Having watched a lot of these handhelds, including the Rog Ally (which btw, they're putting out or just released an updated version): Windows and handhelds is not seamless. I don't own one of them but I suspect it's a lot of fuking around and tinkering to get chit working. Windows is a hog when it comes to memory, Linux isn't, so it's not quite a straight comparison of hardware. ASUS is also engaging in awful business practices, refusing to honor warranties and holding people's devices ransom when they're sent it for warranty repairs.

This longhaired dude has been documenting a lot of chit with ASUS after they held him ransom after sending in his Ally for warranty repairs. If it's timestamped, just go to the start. Tons of other videos he's made about it on his channel, too.
    Watched and listened to alot of this yesterday

Lol tech Jesus going in dry on asus

Dude was like yall better send someone to computex cause I'm showing the fuk up

Good on him for using his weight as a prominent youtuber to actually do something or at least try to hold them accountable
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    Watched and listened to alot of this yesterday

Lol tech Jesus going in dry on asus

Dude was like yall better send someone to computex cause I'm showing the fuk up

Good on him for using his weight as a prominent youtuber to actually do something or at least try to hold them accountable
    I respect him more and more, I liked how he handled that helium inhaling kunt a few months ago.

2jz, S55, M48.00

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    I respect him more and more, I liked how he handled that helium inhaling kunt a few months ago.
    Yeah you really gotta respect how he conducts himself and his business srs. Hard not to support the homie when he's trying his hardest to support us consumers
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

Wow, shocked and impressed so many of you are following this stuff w/ Gamers Nexus.

Also, with Linux vs/ Windows: Here is another good channel, talking about putting a version of Linux on non-Steam deck (stability, ease of use, less memory usage)

Curious, I haven't even finished, but the ROG Ally and others -- just objectively more powerful than the Steam Deck, interested to see how much better they perform on an even playing field. (edit: just saw this OS allows up to 40w? That blows the deck out of the water, I think it's capped 25w. If you're not worried about battery life, which I usually play near an outlet)

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Curious, I haven't even finished, but the ROG Ally and others -- just objectively more powerful than the Steam Deck, interested to see how much better they perform on an even playing field. (edit: just saw this OS allows up to 40w? That blows the deck out of the water, I think it's capped 25w. If you're not worried about battery life, which I usually play near an outlet)
    As much as I want to say that I don't care about the battery life I've been a bit spoiled by other handhelds that can last days. Being able to plug it in is not a problem for me, but not having to is a definite plus.

2jz, S55, M48.00