Closed Thread
Page 91 of 340 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 10198
    K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post512190963 - great lift day. Felt I recovered from my disappointing pull day on tuesday. Just wanted to post this up to show everyone my progress.

How much does an average EZ bar weigh? It's about half the length of an olympic barbell. Everyone uses them for curling. I want to know because I'm switching to a regular BB for my rows next week and I want to see how much weight I need to take off.
    My workout log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155733223&p=1108106083#post1108106083
    Youtube V-Log :http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb5m_m_3kMatAVfGjrdKYMw/videos

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by K-Krakrz View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post512190963 - great lift day. Felt I recovered from my disappointing pull day on tuesday. Just wanted to post this up to show everyone my progress.

How much does an average EZ bar weigh? It's about half the length of an olympic barbell. Everyone uses them for curling. I want to know because I'm switching to a regular BB for my rows next week and I want to see how much weight I need to take off.
    The EZ bars I have used don't weigh very much. 10-20 lbs I would assume, never really thought about it and Im not holding one right now. Substantially lighter, from my experience.

chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post

Thats a milestone man! Nice work, once you can do two, then start adding weight and going for one or two again. You'll quickly jump up that way, as you'll be getting stronger than your own bodyweight.
    I guess I can sub them for lat pull downs in my 3rd macro. Those things are SOBs though.
    Hard Work & Dedication

ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did complexes for the first time yesterday and man, they were intense. I was training a friend so just kind of having fun doing random stuff but I did one set of each of these:

Complex 1:
    DLs x10
    Hang Cleans x10
    Front Squats x10
    Standing Press x10

Complex 2:
    DLs x10
    Bent Over BB Row x10
    Standing Press x10

So the first one I used 65 thinking my standing press would be the real limiting factor especially since my press day was the day before, but man my legs burned like no other by the time I got to the front squats. Press felt easy after that. I want to work these into my next macro without giving up my swimming if I can cuz they were sick.

So then today I took the day off because it was supposed to be micro 4 squat but I ahd lifted yesterday having some fun. Did my swim instead and just had one of those workouts where everything connected. I hit a 400m interval where before I was doing 200m at most. Then went to the local burrito shop with a couple friends after and had a California Burrito and a chicken taco. Gonna need more food in about an hr and a half haha.

Past couple of days diet has been good, bulking good, energy good, lifts good, which all means great progress that GST has had a large hand in.
    "Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself."
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=485192061

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

There's a bunch of different size EZ bars from what I've seen. If your gym has a scale, go weigh yourself, then grab the bar and weigh yourself and find the difference. That's a foolproof way to do it.

K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    There's a bunch of different size EZ bars from what I've seen. If your gym has a scale, go weigh yourself, then grab the bar and weigh yourself and find the difference. That's a foolproof way to do it.
    Now why did I not think of that? lol

Thanks bro
    My workout log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155733223&p=1108106083#post1108106083
    Youtube V-Log :http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb5m_m_3kMatAVfGjrdKYMw/videos

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Twmtwm View Post
    Just worked out my 1RM for next macro. Looking forward already!!

I got an app for my android phone called DroidFit and it has a 1RM calculator and on inspecting the two I've done so far the 1RM calculator for this works it out spot on.

Is the formula you got Ryan one you worked out yourself or have you used a few and found this one to be the best one?
    I actually used a reputable formula and tested it out on myself for awhile before feeling that it was accurate enough for the program. There are many formulas out there, and as long as they are decently accurate, they will suit GST.

Originally Posted by kilgoreklink View Post
    I was up in the California Sierra Nevadas. Unfortunately nowhere near Montana. One of my fishin buddies is buying a place in Montana. Maybe I will be able to fish it in the next few years.
    Fishin trip was great, as usual went by way too fast. It is nice be back on a regular GST schedule though. I wasnt so bummed about having to come back home knowing I would be able to get back on the GST routine.
    That's classic, 'gotta get back for GST!' Montana is definitely a nice place for vacation if you just want to be away from the big city type of atmoshpere.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I've seen 15lbs and I've seen 30lbs. Either way, use the scale method and know for sure!

Originally Posted by chunkyfatboy View Post
    I guess I can sub them for lat pull downs in my 3rd macro. Those things are SOBs though.
    Might as well, gotta get rolling on them sooner or later!!

Originally Posted by ranthal View Post
    Did complexes for the first time yesterday and man, they were intense. I was training a friend so just kind of having fun doing random stuff but I did one set of each of these:

Complex 1:
    DLs x10
    Hang Cleans x10
    Front Squats x10
    Standing Press x10

Complex 2:
    DLs x10
    Bent Over BB Row x10
    Standing Press x10

So the first one I used 65 thinking my standing press would be the real limiting factor especially since my press day was the day before, but man my legs burned like no other by the time I got to the front squats. Press felt easy after that. I want to work these into my next macro without giving up my swimming if I can cuz they were sick.

So then today I took the day off because it was supposed to be micro 4 squat but I ahd lifted yesterday having some fun. Did my swim instead and just had one of those workouts where everything connected. I hit a 400m interval where before I was doing 200m at most. Then went to the local burrito shop with a couple friends after and had a California Burrito and a chicken taco. Gonna need more food in about an hr and a half haha.

Past couple of days diet has been good, bulking good, energy good, lifts good, which all means great progress that GST has had a large hand in.
    Nice positive post. Glad you liked the complexes, they really are a nice addition to the program. They really allow you to feel your body working and moving. Sometimes its not about the weight, its about prepping for the weight through other methods.

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup View Post
    2700 posts for GST. Thats all, just letting you know. Congrats on a program that is unstoppable.
    I'm honestly hoping for 'Sticky Status' after this thread tops the Simple Beginner Routine in replies and activity. Not sure what it takes to get stickied, but I know I'm helping just as many people as any other thread on this site.

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This! Many size EZ bars, anything between 15-25lb. Sometimes they are marked, but the scale is always a good tool
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153427731&page=1

FMH Crew Brit in Training

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I'm honestly hoping for 'Sticky Status' after this thread tops the Simple Beginner Routine in replies and activity. Not sure what it takes to get stickied, but I know I'm helping just as many people as any other thread on this site.
    Good point. Didn't even think of the sticky part. Well, someone will have to look in to that. It should be because this thread doesn't hit the third page on workout programs ever, barely even the second page. I second the sticky status request, everyone call your local congressman.

damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1st pull 5th macro

Light bar bent over explosive rows 6,4x4

BB bent rows (65%-115lb)

65-8x w/u
    75-6x w/u
    85-4x w/u
    95-2x w/u
    110-1x w/u
    115-8x w/s
    115-8x w/s
    115-10x AMRAP

really felt a good stretch in my middle back area. I was pretty beat at the end of the AMRAP.

Rack chin-ups

B/W-3x15x

One arm DB rows

60-15x
    60-15x
    60-20x

Reverse grip bent BB rows

85-3x15

Standing BB curls

55-3x15

Incline DB curls

25-3x10

Pretty good session overall. Im loving the addition of reverse grip bb rows, felt a good contraction in the back/even lat area. I used a little wider grip than usual so thats probably why the lats were stimulated so much.

Also, forgot to post my HIIT cardio session yesterday so here it is.

Around 35 total minutes. 3 sets of full field suicides with a jog instead of sprint back. For example, I started with a 10 yard spring, jog back, 20yard spring, jog back and so on. I count 1 full field, end-zone to end-zone 1 set.

Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twmtwm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Completed my lift day today. Managed to knock 5 out on my deadlift for amrap. Good form on the 5 and probably could have done more but my grip is poor. I'm thinking of getting straps. Anyone use them? What they like?

Did 4x10 on good mornings for 70kg aswell. Do people use a close legged stance or shoulder width stance? I've seen a few tutorials online and both seem widely used.

Finished with cable pullthroughs then. My form is starting to get a lot better with these now. 3x10 for 30kg. 8 for 35kg.

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Completed my lift day today. Managed to knock 5 out on my deadlift for amrap. Good form on the 5 and probably could have done more but my grip is poor. I'm thinking of getting straps. Anyone use them? What they like?

Did 4x10 on good mornings for 70kg aswell. Do people use a close legged stance or shoulder width stance? I've seen a few tutorials online and both seem widely used.

Finished with cable pullthroughs then. My form is starting to get a lot better with these now. 3x10 for 30kg. 8 for 35kg.
    I use straps once things get heavy. I am not going to let my grip hold back my deadlifts. I do go without straps until I absolutely need them and always use them on the AMRAP set. I figure the times I am not using them like on warmups and 60-70% micros it is helping my grip come along. I have never tracked my grip strength though. Might be an interesting thing to track to see if it is increasing.
    Go Fishin'. The Fish Shall Provide.
    -------------------------------

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Straps are very useful for those last couple of sets for deadlifts. I used to not really understand how to use them so they didn't help that much, but then I watched some videos on youtube about how to use them properly and you can basically use them so that you barely have to grip the bar at all. It allows you focus more on your form and less on holding the bar. That being said, it's easy to fall into the trap of using straps for all your sets which can hold back your grip strength. There's a really tricky line you have to navigate in deciding when to use straps and when to tough it out and work on your grip. Also, they are really cheap. You can get a nice pair here on this site for about 8 bucks or so.

chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Speaking of deadlifts...lift day use to be my favorite workout of the week...not anymore. Just finshed my 5th macro and lift day was a bish...why can't they all be as easy as press and pull day???

On a positive note, I am getting stronger everywhere (especially legs) and my forearms are getting more and more defined each micro. Time is flying on this program.
    Hard Work & Dedication

ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Straps are very useful for those last couple of sets for deadlifts. I used to not really understand how to use them so they didn't help that much, but then I watched some videos on youtube about how to use them properly and you can basically use them so that you barely have to grip the bar at all. It allows you focus more on your form and less on holding the bar. That being said, it's easy to fall into the trap of using straps for all your sets which can hold back your grip strength. There's a really tricky line you have to navigate in deciding when to use straps and when to tough it out and work on your grip. Also, they are really cheap. You can get a nice pair here on this site for about 8 bucks or so.
    So along the strap discussion, anyone ever use them to warm up but then not on their AMRAP? I've been able to hit targets on AMRAP and working sets before my grip failed but I was hoping that I might be able to not fatigue it as much during warmups by doing this. In example, I'll be hitting 380 on Moandy so once my warmup hits around 275 strap it up but then on my last warmup, I'd say about tree fiddy, unstrap and keep the straps off through the rest of the sets.
    "Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself."
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:

8thangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3rd Micro Squat Day

Hit the squat rack today and had a good day!

3rd Micro 80% of 1RM=170
    WUx 45 wJumps x 10, 10
    65x 10
    95x 10
    115x 8
    135x 8
    170x 13, 4, 4

BB FS
    115x 8, 8, 8

Hack Squats
    90x 10, 10, 10

Really feel my strength improving considerably on the last two visits to the gym. I'm anxious to get to and finish the fourth micro and get my new numbers for 1RM's. I know already just from doing my Press day of the 3rd micro and by todays squat numbers that my strength has gone up considerably in both exercises. I'm pretty sure that the others will likely do the same?

Is this how GST "adapts" to you(me)??? It would seem so me thinks, eh...?

My starting 1RM for BB BP was 160 and after my 3rd micro AMRAP set I got 185 as a 1RM and haven't even completed the 4th micro! I'm very anxious to see where I end up at with everything to say the least. 1RM for squats started out at 210 and after today's numbers above from my AMRAP set it's coming in at 245, I rounded up from the 243.677 or whatever it was! Again, still haven't gotten to the fourth micro yet but very happy to see already what GST has done for me so far!

Can Ryan or someone please clarify about getting new 1RM numbers for me. I'm just closing in on the end of my first micro but thought I'd read that we're not supposed to change to new 1RM's till after completing "two macro cycles", is that right? I'd like to know for sure and also thinking that due to just getting back on the exercise wagon my numbers are going to be jumping up a good bit before leveling off some.

Looking forward to lift and pull days to finish out this third micro and on to the fourth!~ And again, if I could get clarification on new 1RM's that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!~

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)
    You calculate your 1RM from your 3rd and 4th Micro AMRAP sets. Add those together and divide by 2. Thats your new 1RM for your next MACRO. You will have a new 1RM for each new MACRO. You keep the same 1RM for an entire MACRO. I think you may have gotten confused about not changin your 1RM from MICRO TO MICRO.
    Hope that helps

Had a great squat day so I thought I'd post it for you all:

Squats
    45 by 10 WU
    95 by 8 WU
    135 by 6 WU
    185 by 4 WU
    225 by 2 WU
    255 by 1 WU
    260 by 7 (new 1RM = 321)
    260 by 1
    260 by 3

Front Squats
    115 by 10
    125 by 8
    125 by 8
    136 by 8

BB Lunges
    95 by 10
    105 by 8
    105 by 8
    105 by 8

Decline Skullcrushers (tricep weak point training)
    70 by 10
    70 by 10
    70 by 8
    70 by 7

link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=43

So I might have actually doen 8 reps on my AMRAP, I was at either 4 or 5 and lost count cuz I started thinking about how easy it was going, whoops. But still, next macro is 70-80-90-100 so I'll be going up to 3 plates!!! 2 months ago when I was starting GST I was only hoping to be able to do 225 for reps, I did not expect to be going for 3 plates\ so I am stoked about the progress. Then my two supplement exercises I was hitting weights that I had been doing for the 4-6 rep range only 2 weeks ago. Abosolutely sick!
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:

Had a great squat day so I thought I'd post it for you all:

Squats
    45 by 10 WU
    95 by 8 WU
    135 by 6 WU
    185 by 4 WU
    225 by 2 WU
    255 by 1 WU
    260 by 7 (new 1RM = 321)
    260 by 1
    260 by 3

Front Squats
    115 by 10
    125 by 8
    125 by 8
    136 by 8

BB Lunges
    95 by 10
    105 by 8
    105 by 8
    105 by 8

Decline Skullcrushers (tricep weak point training)
    70 by 10
    70 by 10
    70 by 8
    70 by 7

link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=43

So I might have actually doen 8 reps on my AMRAP, I was at either 4 or 5 and lost count cuz I started thinking about how easy it was going, whoops. But still, next macro is 70-80-90-100 so I'll be going up to 3 plates!!! 2 months ago when I was starting GST I was only hoping to be able to do 225 for reps, I did not expect to be going for 3 plates\ so I am stoked about the progress. Then my two supplement exercises I was hitting weights that I had been doing for the 4-6 rep range only 2 weeks ago. Abosolutely sick!
    Seeing you guys make the same kind of gains that I am making really fires me up. I thought I had been really underselling myself for a long time prior to GST. I know that cant be the case for everyone else making these gains. What the hell is it about GST that can produce these astounding gains???
    Is it the confidence it builds from Micro to Micro? I know I dont lack confidence with loads that just 5 months ago I would be scared to get under. If I push 225 for 9 reps on my AMRAP set this week, I feel totally confident getting under 250 next week for at least a couple of reps.
    Is it the SET/REP intensity changes on the cores and Supps?
    Is it just the amount of compound lifts being done?
    Probably just all of it together. Hell I dont know. It sure is working for me though. And all you guys too from the looks of it.

So along the strap discussion, anyone ever use them to warm up but then not on their AMRAP? I've been able to hit targets on AMRAP and working sets before my grip failed but I was hoping that I might be able to not fatigue it as much during warmups by doing this. In example, I'll be hitting 380 on Moandy so once my warmup hits around 275 strap it up but then on my last warmup, I'd say about tree fiddy, unstrap and keep the straps off through the rest of the sets.
    I never even considered trying it that way. Interesting though. I may have to give it a shot.

Hey Ryan, had a random thought, wanted to see what you thought of it...

My 3rd macro is going to be ending in the first week of August. After that I have 2-3 weeks to kill before I go on a road trip for a couple weeks. I was thinking I'd just go on maintenance and do part of a macro but with the gains I've been seeing I'm thinking I might want to try and find my true 1RMs because I'm really close to a 4-3-2 plate DL-squat-bench. So here's the idea, rather than start a new macro just keep repeating micro 4 while still rotating the rep ranges on my supplement lifts. My target each additional micro 4 will be based on what I calculate my 1RM to be from the previous micro 4 (or maybe the average of the last 2 or 3).

Here's what it might look like for my squat (number of reps made but targets for micro 3 and 4a are what I'll be hitting):
    Micro 3-285 for 5 (new 1RM = 332), supp lifts 8-10 rep range
    Micro 4a-315 for 2 (new 1RM = 336), supp lifts 4-6 rep range
    Micro 4b-target = (336 + 332)/2 = ~335 for 2 (new 1RM = 357), supp lifts 15-20 rep range
    Micro 4c-target = (357 + 336)/2 = ~345 for 1, supp lifts 8-10 rep range

and so on.
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys trying to set up my GST cycle, just got a few questions.

How do i go about warm up sets for my core lifts?

Do i warm up for my supps or is it not neccesary?

Any paticular way to figure out the starting weight for supps? or just start with something im comfortable with for each scheme.

Any help would be great, cheers fellas.

I go with a shoulder width stance for my good mornings. I push my stomach out to heavily arch my back, this means that my legs have to be far enough apart to get that 'stomach between the legs' feeling.

You calculate your 1RM from your 3rd and 4th Micro AMRAP sets. Add those together and divide by 2. Thats your new 1RM for your next MACRO. You will have a new 1RM for each new MACRO. You keep the same 1RM for an entire MACRO. I think you may have gotten confused about not changin your 1RM from MICRO TO MICRO.
    Hope that helps
    BINGO!! Great advice.

Seeing you guys make the same kind of gains that I am making really fires me up. I thought I had been really underselling myself for a long time prior to GST. I know that cant be the case for everyone else making these gains. What the hell is it about GST that can produce these astounding gains???
    Is it the confidence it builds from Micro to Micro? I know I dont lack confidence with loads that just 5 months ago I would be scared to get under. If I push 225 for 9 reps on my AMRAP set this week, I feel totally confident getting under 250 next week for at least a couple of reps.
    Is it the SET/REP intensity changes on the cores and Supps?
    Is it just the amount of compound lifts being done?
    Probably just all of it together. Hell I dont know. It sure is working for me though. And all you guys too from the looks of it.
    Its the fact that the creator has paid his dues I use the best principles that have worked for me and people that I train over the past decade and intelligently pieced them together so its not just a cluttered mess.

You're working multiple angles in smart ways to cause the need for new adaption. New adaption is what its all about. Your body doesn't want to change, so you have to force it by giving it adaptive stimulus. In this case, adaptive Growth Stimulus!

Hey Ryan, had a random thought, wanted to see what you thought of it...

My 3rd macro is going to be ending in the first week of August. After that I have 2-3 weeks to kill before I go on a road trip for a couple weeks. I was thinking I'd just go on maintenance and do part of a macro but with the gains I've been seeing I'm thinking I might want to try and find my true 1RMs because I'm really close to a 4-3-2 plate DL-squat-bench. So here's the idea, rather than start a new macro just keep repeating micro 4 while still rotating the rep ranges on my supplement lifts. My target each additional micro 4 will be based on what I calculate my 1RM to be from the previous micro 4 (or maybe the average of the last 2 or 3).

Here's what it might look like for my squat (number of reps made but targets for micro 3 and 4a are what I'll be hitting):
    Micro 3-285 for 5 (new 1RM = 332), supp lifts 8-10 rep range
    Micro 4a-315 for 2 (new 1RM = 336), supp lifts 4-6 rep range
    Micro 4b-target = (336 + 332)/2 = ~335 for 2 (new 1RM = 357), supp lifts 15-20 rep range
    Micro 4c-target = (357 + 336)/2 = ~345 for 1, supp lifts 8-10 rep range

and so on.
    If it was me, I'd take the two weeks before your vacation and hit a 3rd and 4th microcycle. Just skip 1 and 2 so its like you're finishing up just as your road trip is beginning. You'll deload and grow during your vacation as long as your diet supports it, then you'll come back ready to rock some more GST!

Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    Hey guys trying to set up my GST cycle, just got a few questions.

How do i go about warm up sets for my core lifts?
    Head to my site and check out this blog entry: http://2020updates.blogspot.com/2010...arming-up.html

Do i warm up for my supps or is it not neccesary?
    Yes, you should do 1-2 sets of light warm ups for each new exercise, especially if the target muscle groups have not been worked by your previous exercises.

Any paticular way to figure out the starting weight for supps? or just start with something im comfortable with for each scheme.
    In the beginning, its a trial and error process. You should have a decent idea of strength levels on your lifts. Once you get one figured out, you should have a decent idea of where the other set/rep/intensity schemes will put you in terms of weight. This is why you don't want to be flipping supplement movements frequently. You want to give time to figure your numbers, progress on them, and progress on them some more!

Any help would be great, cheers fellas.
    Thanks Braden, look forward to hearing about your progressions.
    See Bold.

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for that ryan, that warm-up article really clears things up.

The more i start understanding the program the more eager i am to get started.

I love the slow steady progression of GST.You see these strength programs which have you adding pounds to every lift multiple times a week, this only lasts so long and people hit a wall very fast.

Physically the progression with GST seems to really respond well with everyone that tries it, the way its set out i think it also really helps people mentally, which is deffinently a major part in progression.

Thanks Again.

8thangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hope that helps
    Thanks for this... I knew about using 3rd and 4th micro avg to get new 1RM but somehow thought I'd read not to change your 1RM till after a couple "macro's".

This makes it clear....

Thank you, looking forward to continued progress!~

1st Lift 5th Macro

Journal Here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post512956933

I have been off work all week and have been loving training at my liesure. I have been getting in some really great sets. I have to tell you though. I will be glad to put the 15-20 rep supps behind me again for a few weeks. Those high reps friggin wipe me out.
    Rub a dub dub, Time for some Grub.

jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'd really like to try this, but i cannot sift though 52 pages... is there a link to a basic layout or format that i can use for a guideline?

Originally Posted by jwagz View Post
    i'd really like to try this, but i cannot sift though 52 pages... is there a link to a basic layout or format that i can use for a guideline?
    You can buy the ebook or you can look through the first 5-7 pages. Hint: The ebook is easier and has more information

Closed Thread
Page 91 of 340 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast