Page 84 of 580 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 17388
    scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post
    Seriously??? Oh crap! I thought I'd triple-checked the guidelines... which one does it break? Please remove my post.
    just from annoying crap like the long cat etc...

dont wont ban you for it...

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    just from annoying crap like the long cat etc...

dont wont ban you for it...
    What's the "long cat"? Like a jaguar or a cheetah?

Thanks for the non-ban

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    Just do snatches as your warmup one day, and pulls the next. Keep the volume low of course. If you are worried about recovery you can also just do Smolov at 3 days/week.

I would do front squats after, if you really feel the need to do them. Maybe just at the end of the week.
    i mean though just do my 10 warmup reps as front squats then jump into the back squats...

i was thinking pulls after and light snatches depending on the days and volume of squats...

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I wouldn't recommend 3days a week the meso phase calls for squatting 4 days a week and to get results from this program you need to follow as it was written out.

Scott, never herd of doing front instead of back, I would squat first and do some sort of assistance work afterward but very light or even better do it on the days your not squatting.

I have noticed an increase in my front squats since doing the meso so I don't think it's necessary to do front cause back squats will help as well.
    days not squatting i want to rest of run... hmm but may use the pulls for assistance...

i didnt mean to lift the main squatting with fs but to warm up...

i have noticed in journals and blogs of people still lifting normally before doing smolov - those are decent o lifters...

Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    china > bulgaria
    certainly for me since the chinese system is the bulgarian and russian systems best bits as seen by the chinese...

Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post
    What's the "long cat"? Like a jaguar or a cheetah?

Thanks for the non-ban
    have you never seen it... its basically a pic that makes the post about 10 miles long sooo annoying... that and the rick role thing were trends that are not allowed in the misc as it wrecked the forum!!!

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my clean reception is horrible and unstable right now. probably from switching between totally flat soled shoes and now back in my oly shoes. i was falling forward on most of my full clean attempts :S
    my lower back hurts alot. i think its because its too tight from a muscle imbalance. my core is very weak. i did leg raises laying on my back and it actually stretched my lower back muscles out and hurt very much at first - then a few reps later the pain subsided. so im gonna start doing more to strengthen my core.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you do Chinese or Bulgarian leg raises?

gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gewaltiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i only do Bulgarian things

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gewaltiger View Post
    my clean reception is horrible and unstable right now. probably from switching between totally flat soled shoes and now back in my oly shoes. i was falling forward on most of my full clean attempts :S
    my lower back hurts alot. i think its because its too tight from a muscle imbalance. my core is very weak. i did leg raises laying on my back and it actually stretched my lower back muscles out and hurt very much at first - then a few reps later the pain subsided. so im gonna start doing more to strengthen my core.
    what are you gonna do for your core, i was thinking of busting out the ab wheel myself
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

decline weighted situps for sets of 10, probably some hanging leg raises with a dumbbell inbetween my feet for sets of 10 also, and something for obliques i always see ppl doing something with a broomstick and twisting maybe ill try that. ive seriously never isolated my core in my whole life besides usmc pt (which i gaff off) LOL .

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't have to be at work till 12 today cause all the snow

gewalt, toss the broomstick thing a waste of time.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

now gew... bulgarians are more specific than that and shouldnt really do direct ab work...

Fine then ill stick w/ heavy beltless f squatz

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I wouldn't recommend 3days a week the meso phase calls for squatting 4 days a week and to get results from this program you need to follow as it was written out.
    I've done it before. I was able to complete the workouts. I got completely screwed on the recovery week by an 80 hr, high stress work week. That was a real bummer.

I've heard of getting good results just twice a week, but that is just being a pansy.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    what are you gonna do for your core, i was thinking of busting out the ab wheel myself
    I've been doing Janda situps using bands. Very effective.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

Originally Posted by raffiki View Post
    I've done it before. I was able to complete the workouts. I got completely screwed on the recovery week by an 80 hr, high stress work week. That was a real bummer.

I've heard of getting good results just twice a week, but that is just being a pansy.
    i thought the intense cycle was 3 days a week... base is four...

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i thought the intense cycle was 3 days a week... base is four...

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html
    Yes, intense is 3 the first is 4.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fine then ill stick w/ heavy beltless f squatz
    Brah, since you left I converted to a devout full Bulgarian-Krastev-Broz method, 14/wk maxes, send me a PM if you want any info.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

O I just noticed the 'welcome back gewalt' tag, how sweet

wow did the 100kg flat bench test and got 34 reps... chest was about to explode...

then tried

100kg incline bench test... got 22... what a weird motion when you havent done it in soo long!!!

pump = yuk!!!

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow did the 100kg flat bench test and got 34 reps... chest was about to explode...

then tried

100kg incline bench test... got 22... what a weird motion when you havent done it in soo long!!!

pump = yuk!!!
    Well at least you can still out-bench the top NFL draft picks

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Well at least you can still out-bench the top NFL draft picks
    they do 102kg!!!

i always wonder how they can bench way more than me yet not rep very many but i guess who cares what you bench - all about how you perform on the field...

Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Merauder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I almost never see anyone bench a 100 kg here in my gym

yet in America 16 year old kids can do it 10 times
    scott even does 34

I find this very weird

Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Brah, since you left I converted to a devout full Bulgarian-Krastev-Broz method, 14/wk maxes, send me a PM if you want any info.
    Pm sent.

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Merauder View Post
    I almost never see anyone bench a 100 kg here in my gym

yet in America 16 year old kids can do it 10 times
    scott even does 34

I find this very weird
    I used to bench all the time back when i didn't know what i was doing and when i was doing more BB stuff. and the best i ever got was about ~90kg.

I doubt i'll ever be able to bench 100kg in my life. lol
    NJ CREW - 908/973

lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000) lewdog_5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How many of you Oly lifters bench each week?

I got up to 315 for a single and then my shoulders really started bothering me on the Oly lifts. I wonder if benching was making them too tight?

Pm sent.
    forward to me please...

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post

I got up to 315 for a single and then my shoulders really started bothering me on the Oly lifts. I wonder if benching was making them too tight?
    i bench 2 times a week but i am not an o lifter but more a sports lifter...

I use to bench as a PL'er w/ an arch and very wide grip and my shoulders never bothered me a bit. I've always had good flexibility with my shoulders though. I remember in highschool doing btn presses and my friends couldn't go down past halfway behind their head cuz it felt like their shoulder was gona pop

Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post

Bench press = impingement (for me)

Doesn't help my o-lifts and hurts like crazy, so I don't bother.

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't bench anymore. I used to.

Btw, hi everyone, I'm new to Oly lifting. Learning all I can about it.

Page 84 of 580 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast