Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000) madelineoneil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    If you've experience with keto, so you can get into ketosis faster, and you are used to working out on keto, you can carb-up sooner. You'll know yourself when you are totally depleted and really need that carb-up.

Whole foods keep you fuller. If you were going to use a protein powder, I'd be more inclined to use casein, which takes much longer to digest, keep the whey for post workout.
    thanks very much! i have done keto alot, and i genuinely felt like my body was ready. and i was back in ketosis after only one day

ill have to pick up some of the casein protein. thanks again!

anirudh412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen;
    What are your maintenance calories? And are you actually in ketosis yet? The first time, it can take three days or longer to get properly into ketosis. Then you'll notice the difference in appetite.
    @Eileen
    I weight 150lbs. My maintenance is 2000. So I am at 1500 cals everyday for cutting.

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re Yoghurt

Hi Eileen

My question is about yoghurt! I love yoghut, but I have a ??? about it.

I have seen ***E yoghurt, its 10% fat and 3g carbs per 100g of product.

Is this product allowed on KETO, and if so how much?

Fankoo!!!!!!!!!
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fill half your plate with green veg at every sit down meal.
    I usually aim for between 6-7 oz. Yes. I weigh my veg!
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post
    Hi Eileen

My question is about yoghurt! I love yoghut, but I have a ??? about it.

I have seen ***E yoghurt, its 10% fat and 3g carbs per 100g of product.

Is this product allowed on KETO, and if so how much?

Fankoo!!!!!!!!!

Greek type yogurts should be fine. Lidl do a lovely one. Avoid the low fat ones.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wicked thread, so much to take on board and its hurting my brain so I have downloaded the topic and will print and digest in chunks.

Sorry if I missed it but can I drink zero carb alcoholic drinks? Neat vodka, bourbon, scotch etc?

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all booze has carbs, carbs are part of fermentation. I suppose you could have 1 or 2 drinks, if you're severely limiting carbs the rest of the day, but you're better off abstaining.

GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can someone please help me out here? There is sooo much info I can't seem to know which is right or wrong!

I want to get on the Keto diet. I am 91kg 183 cm and I want to lose fat so can someone please help me out here?

I want to get on CKD so far from what I've read I need to have 65% Fat 35% Protein and 5% Carbs. What does it mean 1 pound of protein per lean mass? I also need to know good sources of Fat and What kind of Veggies should I be eating ( Im not a fan of veggies but I like lettuce a lot and peas )

Should I avoid foods with "Saturated Fats" My All Natural Peanut butter has Saturated Fats and Sugar in it, Is it bad for me? Also what should I be eating for Carb Up on weekends?? Junk Food???
    Last edited by GuntherT; 05-24-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GuntherT View Post
    Can someone please help me out here? There is sooo much info I can't seem to know which is right or wrong!

I want to get on the Keto diet. I am 91kg 183 cm and I want to lose fat so can someone please help me out here?

I want to get on CKD so far from what I've read I need to have 65% Fat 35% Protein and 5% Carbs. What does it mean 1 pound of protein per lean mass? I also need to know good sources of Fat and What kind of Veggies should I be eating ( Im not a fan of veggies but I like lettuce a lot and peas )

Should I avoid foods with "Saturated Fats" My All Natural Peanut butter has Saturated Fats and Sugar in it, Is it bad for me? Also what should I be eating for Carb Up on weekends?? Junk Food???

[QUOTE=Eileen;408878481]For an average person who commutes to a desk job, around 13 calories per pound of total weight is close to maintenance. To lose, you have to reduce from this.

For keto, allow 1g of protein per pound of LEAN mass, and assume this is 30% of your calories. Allow 20g of carbs and the rest of your calories should be from fat. You should find that the number of fat grams is fairly close to the number of protein grams.

Base a keto diet on whole eggs, oily fish, fresh meat, chicken and turkey, lots and lots and LOTS of green vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, cheese, butter, cream, nuts and seeds.

Take a whey shake after lifting, real food the rest of the time.

Avoid processed foods, trans fats, any form of sugar, grains milk, fruit, or anything labeled "low carb" or worse "net carb".

You are allowed, in fact, encouraged to eat saturated fat as it occurs in the fresh whole foods you eat on keto. Eggs, steak and chicken are your friends. Nuts are good, but meat is better.

Learn to love vegetables. Peas are not ideal on keto, but eat lots of lettuce, spinach, broccoli, caulfilower, green beans, celery, fennel, chard, etc.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    all booze has carbs, carbs are part of fermentation. I suppose you could have 1 or 2 drinks, if you're severely limiting carbs the rest of the day, but you're better off abstaining.
    Are you certain? I was under the impression the distilling process involved to make spirits removed all traces of carbohydrate?

Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post
    Are you certain? I was under the impression the distilling process involved to make spirits removed all traces of carbohydrate?
    Some booze does not have carbs, but it has a lot of alcohol which will still turn your ketostix purple, but which will interfer with ketosis. The body will burn alcohol in preference to fat, and drinking will affect your judgement when it comes to a late night takeaway.

GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuntherT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ Eileen Thanks a lot for the help!!! I just had a few questions.. What do you mean by Lean Mass is that Mass - Body Fat?? or just my mass which is 200 lb.

Is it possible to only have lettuce and avoid other greens like spinach, brocolli etc? What are some suggested foods for Carb up days? So anything with a good amount of fat and 0 trans fat and 0 carbs is good? My peanut butter has 1g of sucrose per 1 tbsp, Should I still take it?
    Last edited by GuntherT; 05-24-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Some booze does not have carbs, but it has a lot of alcohol which will still turn your ketostix purple, but which will interfer with ketosis. The body will burn alcohol in preference to fat, and drinking will affect your judgement when it comes to a late night takeaway.
    Many thanks for the reply, as I understand it your body stops burning anything before its finished with burning of alcohol, I assume as long as I Just have maybe 4 or 5 fingers of bourbon of a night it will take about 5 hours to burn the alcohol and I will drop straight back into ketosis when the alcohol is used?

Another thing, people mention lots of green veg but they are loaded with carbs?

@ Eileen Thanks a lot for the help!!! I just had a few questions.. What do you mean by Lean Mass is that Mass - Body Fat?? or just my mass which is 200 lb.

Is it possible to only have lettuce and avoid other greens like spinach, brocolli etc? What are some suggested foods for Carb up days? So anything with a good amount of fat and 0 trans fat and 0 carbs is good? My peanut butter has 1g of sucrose per 1 tbsp, Should I still take it?

Lean mass is total weight minus bodyfat. If you have no idea, take a look at this http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages and take a guess.

Read the first page on this thread, I've got a post there about carb-ups.

Lettuce is not the best vegetable, as it has bugger all nutrition compared to things like spinach, broccoli etc

If you are going to eat peanut butter, then the only ingredients should be peanuts, salt optional. No added sugar at all. Even then, watch the amounts.

Many thanks for the reply, as I understand it your body stops burning anything before its finished with burning of alcohol, I assume as long as I Just have maybe 4 or 5 fingers of bourbon of a night it will take about 5 hours to burn the alcohol and I will drop straight back into ketosis when the alcohol is used?

Another thing, people mention lots of green veg but they are loaded with carbs?
    5 hours seems very optimistic to me. It's not a matter of being legally sober, it's a matter of having all alcohol gone from your system.

Oh god.... Please read the stickies, this has been dealt with so often I'm sick of it. Green veg has so much fiber that you normally only have a tiny amount of net carbs per portion. Eat your greens. No excuses.

5 hours seems very optimistic to me. It's not a matter of being legally sober, it's a matter of having all alcohol gone from your system.

Oh god.... Please read the stickies, this has been dealt with so often I'm sick of it. Green veg has so much fiber that you normally only have a tiny amount of net carbs per portion. Eat your greens. No excuses.
    Interesting, I will abstain entirely for the first few weeks and then see what, if any changes small amounts of alcohol make.

Terribly sorry if you are having to cover old ground over and over but I am completely new to this and I have read so much info that its very hard to process it all.

I will read as much as possible but some straight forward interaction is very good and I appreciate it very much.

Thank you.

Is it possible to replace brocolli with spinach?? I just can't stand eating brocolli , I read somewhere on here that starvation mode is bad for keto.. I started eating right since last Saturday and have been following a regular diet like Oatmeal, not counting calories or anything. I am used to starving myself and barely eat anything through out the day ( Sometimes nothing at all) , Is Keto Still good for me? I don't want to gain more fat than I already have. I started a little bit on Keto, I feel "oily and heavy inside" Is that normal?
    Last edited by GuntherT; 05-24-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Is it possible to replace brocolli with spinach?? I just can't stand eating brocolli , I read somewhere on here that starvation mode is bad for keto.. I started eating right since last Saturday and have been following a regular diet like Oatmeal, not counting calories or anything. I am used to starving myself and barely eat anything through out the day ( Sometimes nothing at all) , Is Keto Still good for me? I don't want to gain more fat than I already have. I started a little bit on Keto, I feel "oily and heavy inside" Is that normal?
    Yes, as long as you are getting your greens, it doesn't matter if there are a few you avoid. Spinach is excellent on keto.

Starvation mode is hugely over-hyped. Unless you are starving for a long time, you are not in starvation mode. Occasionally lowering your calories or skipping a couple of meals does not cause your metabolism to plunge into the crapper.

Keto is a good general diet, particularly because it is protein sparing, so unless you are really stupid about calories, the weight you lose should be fat, rather than the typical combination of fat and muscle.

The first couple of days on keto feel weird. You are eating food you probably haven't eaten for a long time, and many people try to skip the veggies, thinking it will speed things up. Once you are in ketosis, you should feel a lot better.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Starvation mode is hugely over-hyped. Unless you are starving for a long time, you are not in starvation mode. Occasionally lowering your calories or skipping a couple of meals does not cause your metabolism to plunge into the crapper.

Over Hyped to say the least!!!!
    Psalm 121

I am trying to include 2 Ground Beef Patties ( Hamburgers) In my keto diet, I couldn't find any without any trans fat yet I bought some because Trans fat is still fat right?

This is how the nutritional Information looks for it

Per 1/2 Cup ( 100g)

Calories - 210

Fats 15g
    Saturated Fats 6g
    Trans 0.5g

Cholestrol 60mg

Sodium 65mg

Carbohydrate 0g

Protein 20g

Is this something I should avoid? Also Should my calorie Intake be the same all week long ( except carb up) Even when not doing work outs?

Okay I finally figured out my Diet

I am 22, 202 lbs 6 ft

Breakfast - 3 hard boiled eggs+3 chicken strips+6 almonds
    347 calories - 28.2 fat - 4.9 carbs - 29 protein

Snack - 1 Chicken Breast + 1 Tbsp of Mayo + 1 Cup of Spinach
    366 calories - 21 fat - 1.6 carbs - 39 protein

Lunch - 1 Ground beef patty + 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 cup of spinach + 6 almonds
    408 calories - 33 fat - 2.6 carbs - 25 protein

Snack2 - 2 chicken thighs + 25g cheese + 6 almonds
    436 calories - 29.6 fat - 2.3 carbs - 39 protein

Dinner - 1 Ground beef patty + 1 tbsp oil + 1 cup of spinach + 6 almonds
    408 calories - 33 fat - 2.6 carbs - 25 protein

Before sleep - 2 eggs + 50g of cottage cheese
    252 calories - 16.5 fat - 6 carbs - 20 protein

total - 2,491 cal
    174.2 fat
    210.0 protein

This includes the Protein supplement PWO
    Last edited by GuntherT; 05-25-2010 at 11:30 AM.

I am trying to include 2 Ground Beef Patties ( Hamburgers) In my keto diet, I couldn't find any without any trans fat yet I bought some because Trans fat is still fat right?

This is how the nutritional Information looks for it

Per 1/2 Cup ( 100g)

Calories - 210

Fats 15g
    Saturated Fats 6g
    Trans 0.5g

Cholestrol 60mg

Sodium 65mg

Carbohydrate 0g

Protein 20g

Is this something I should avoid? Also Should my calorie Intake be the same all week long ( except carb up) Even when not doing work outs?
    I am a complete noob here but I do like to cook and my suggestion would be to simply buy some ground beef and make you own patties.

500g Ground Beef
    1 Egg
    Salt
    Pepper

Whisk the Egg, add to mince and massage. Roll into patties and place in the fridge to rest for an hour (resting stops them falling to bits when you cook them!) You can even freeze them etc so if you wanted to just make a huge batch in one go, like 2kg and 4 eggs.

I have a question, I am normally permanently hungry, I mean like I will eat a sandwich and an hour later could easily tuck another away hence my bulging tummy and impressive man boobs.

Since starting this keto thing though I dont really feel hungry, in fact today I have only had about 1200 cals and the thought of eating anything at the moment makes me feel quite ill.

Is this normal? Its only day 2 for me.

Believe it or not I am doing exactly that and it STILL has trans fat

Red face

Believe it or not I am doing exactly that and it STILL has trans fat
    Oh, my bad.

Like I said I am a noob so I cant really help you any further as I dont really know too much about that fats yet other than fish fat = good.

I have a question, I am normally permanently hungry, I mean like I will eat a sandwich and an hour later could easily tuck another away hence my bulging tummy and impressive man boobs.

Since starting this keto thing though I dont really feel hungry, in fact today I have only had about 1200 cals and the thought of eating anything at the moment makes me feel quite ill.

Is this normal? Its only day 2 for me.
    Yes, this is normal, and it's one of the reasons keto is popular. That hunger an hour after a sandwich was probably not real hunger, it was insulin rebound.

Consider this your keto honeymoon, your calories won't be this low forever. Your body won't let you starve. But it's clearly telling you now that you don't need too many calories.

Yes, this is normal, and it's one of the reasons keto is popular. That hunger an hour after a sandwich was probably not real hunger, it was insulin rebound.

Consider this your keto honeymoon, your calories won't be this low forever. Your body won't let you starve. But it's clearly telling you now that you don't need too many calories.
    Thanks Eileen!

Well, seeing as its my honeymoon I best lock the doors and get plenty of......... exercise.

mike0o2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0o2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Eileen;494895901]

Avoid processed foods, trans fats, any form of sugar, grains milk, fruit, or anything labeled "low carb" or worse "net carb".

I see where you are going with staying away from products that contain the words "net carb" on the label, but this is not true for all products.

The green beans that I like to eat, Del Monte in the can, say "2g net carbs per serving" on the label. One serving is 4 carbs, 2 dietary fiber. So if I eat the whole can, 3 1/2 servings, I only get 7 net carbs.

Now, I believe you are instructing people to stay away from products with excessive amounts of sugar alcohols and such that claim to be low carb or have low net carbs because of this.
    Last edited by mike0o2; 05-26-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Errrrm okay so are we looking for 65-30-5 from Calories eaten or overall g's? My day today looks even in grams of protein and fat but in terms of calories consumed it looks about right?

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=CatFunt

Also slightly shocked at how many calories I have had today compared to yesterday when I felt full all day. :S Completely satisfied today as well but was really full yesterday.

From calories. As a very rough guide, you should be eating almost the same number of grams of protein and fat, and very few grams of carbs.

From calories. As a very rough guide, you should be eating almost the same number of grams of protein and fat, and very few grams of carbs.
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving to Eileen again"

Thanks Eileen, always helpful.