Page 71 of 195 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5829
    tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Anybody ever use these corner blocks with crown molding?

I'm generally a fan of them because they make running crown a little easier - plus I really like the look of them. I used them in a bedroom using that same royal blue / bright white paint combination and it turned out... ok. The bitch of it is caulking (no room is 100% square right? little caulk is needed to fill in gaps) and painting around the corners and edges of the corner blocks themselves to get them to really pop.

Right now I'm doing a bathroom, and the walls and ceiling are painted, the corner blocks are up, and I caulked one yesterday and could tell I'm already on the path to doing something wrong... I just don't know what.

Question is, does anybody know of - or can think of a way to make the caulk and paint "neat" so it'll pop like the one in the above pic?

Edit: I think getting the caulk neat around the edges an corners is the most difficult part. Got a feeling the paint will go on smooth if the caulk is right... open for suggestions though, because right now I'm drawing a blank.
    little caulk and paint makes a carpenter what he aint! the best way ive found to clean up caulk is to use a wet sponge wring it out and wipe it down.
    Misc Firearms Crew

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tazman89 View Post
    little caulk and paint makes a carpenter what he aint! the best way ive found to clean up caulk is to use a wet sponge wring it out and wipe it down.
    No, I hear you and agree completely..

Maybe I wasn't clear, but look at the corner block. Whole lotta tiny corners and edges to caulk around, and I don't know how to do it. Can't get a finger into the corners, got a rubber caulking tool but the tip of it isn't square, so that's out.. Tried a flat screwdriver which is better, but I dunno... can't get the shiit to look like the one in the pic and it's making me batshiit.
    Last edited by Bushmaster; 12-11-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Maybe I wasn't clear, but look at the corner block. Whole lotta tiny corners and edges to caulk around, and I don't know how to do it. Can't get a finger into the corners, got a rubber caulking tool but the tip of it isn't square, so that's out.. Tried a flat screwdriver which is better, but I dunno... can't get the shiit to look like the one in the pic and it's making me batshiit.
    Got them all through my house. I had to put excess caulk on them any voids filled, then sanded the excess with a foam sanding block. After that I touched up the paint on both trim and the wall where it was needed. A little more work finishing but I think they look much better than mitering crown moulding. Plus there's not a square wall in my house so I never would've gotten miters to line up without having to caulk the chit out of them too.

Edit: Also when you're trying to get an idea of how it looks, step a good 4-5' away from it and look. Up close you could probably point out flaws in some of the most professional trim work but it may look perfect from a normal viewing distance.
    MFC

tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The only other thing i would say to use is a tiny chisel to get the edges nice and sharp!
    Misc Firearms Crew

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only other thing i would say to use is a tiny chisel to get the edges nice and sharp!
    A chisel.. yeah, that's good shiit. I'll give that a try tomorrow. The screwdriver kinda-sorta works, and I feel like I'm on the right path with it, but there's still something that doesn't seem right.

Reps to both of you - thanks!

A chisel.. yeah, that's good shiit. I'll give that a try tomorrow. The screwdriver kinda-sorta works, and I feel like I'm on the right path with it, but there's still something that doesn't seem right.

Reps to both of you - thanks!
    with that many little nooks and crannies its going to take some time and patience but it will look great!
    Misc Firearms Crew

with that many little nooks and crannies its going to take some time and patience but it will look great!
    Oh, it's some tedious shiit and there's no two ways around it lol. Whole lotta time on a ladder... staring into the corner. Come down, look up, then go back up again.. rinse and repeat.

Originally Posted by Adarus View Post
    Got them all through my house. I had to put excess caulk on them any voids filled, then sanded the excess with a foam sanding block.
    Wait...

Are you saying you 'feathered out' onto the block itself - like patching a hole in drywall or something? Because I've just been trying to fill the cracks between the block and the wall.

ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironicinori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cajone5 View Post
    Almost afraid to post this but I think, despite being "girly", the room turned out pretty nice. Still need to put something on the walls but figured I'd post here.

So, I decided to let my girlfriend decorate/design our guest bedroom. It's a new house so it just had beige carpets and off white walls at the start. Over the past two weeks, we painted, got furniture/bedding/etc. (bed is my old one), built and finished a headboard and got it all assembled. Took a bit and my first project like this but I think it turned out alright even if it's a little "pintresty" IMO.

Did I dun goof? Peppered for neg train.
    Thinking of building my own headboard to add some texture to my bedroom. The "headboard wall" is gonna be an accent wall with some art on it. Just thinking out loud and tossing ideas around at this point, but nice to know it can be done well.
    Broke both legs and ankles crew.
    Recover gains or die trying crew.

Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Adarus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait...

Are you saying you 'feathered out' onto the block itself - like patching a hole in drywall or something? Because I've just been trying to fill the cracks between the block and the wall.
    Eh not exactly. Basically I put too much caulk on to make up for the fact my finger wasn't going to be able to press into the smaller crevices of the block. But with extra caulk and pressure from my finger I was able to get caulk into the cracks. After I did this I usually took a wet paper towel and carefully tried to wipe up as much of the extra caulk as I could without removing any from the crack. Once the caulk dried I was able to go back with a foam sanding block that would contour to the corner block and clean up the edges better.

With all that done I'd go back and touch up the block/crown moulding and the wall as needed. To me this was the most tedious part because you're trying to avoid getting wall paint on the block and trim paint on the wall. Let one dry before you do the other so if you accidentally get paint on one you can wipe it up with a wet paper towel.

I'm sure there's probably a much easier way about this but it was just the method I did. Not all of the corner blocks in my house look perfect by any means I've got some really screwed up walls in the bedroom and had to caulk the hell out of them but from a few feet back they're fine.
    MFC

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Made a thread for this but got poor response, so figured i'd paste it into this thread. Any advice/suggestions is much appreciated;

Bought a house, want to make the garden as aesthetic as possible.

Here is what my plans are so far ;
    Fix up the grass so its perfect
    Pull out the weeds from the sidepath and pressure wash it. Or perhaps remove it and replace with white gravel (thoughts?)
    Paint the fences dark brown
    Put a wall/infared heater by the wicker furniture
    Build a really cool stone firepit by the wicker furniture that eats into the grass.
    BBQ area at the top with a nice table/chairs and a umbrella
    Going to get some cool rustic looking pallet wooden boxes to grow vegetables and herbs in.

Anything else you guys would suggest? Going to get some cool solar/LED lights that run along the path too and some solar/flickering candle lanterns for the wall near the firepit.

20 min rest between sets ThatOneBigKid's Avatar
    ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThatOneBigKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you have a pretty good plan there man. Getting that lawn back into good shape and weeding out walk ways will make a massive difference.
    Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society. ~ Aristotle

Misc Fishing Crew - Cigar Crew - Positive Crew - MN Misc Crew - Fantasy Football Crew

LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LexBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneBigKid View Post
    Looks like you have a pretty good plan there man. Getting that lawn back into good shape and weeding out walk ways will make a massive difference.
    thanks. I put a post on a landscape forum and they suggested getting a pergola (?) like a big overhead wooden fence (thats the only way i can describe it lmao) and putting wisteria on it at the back over the decking. And also suggested covering up the fences with some sort of vine after painting them.

I'm in two minds on whether or not to strip out the pavement (it looks kinda ****ty) and putting down white gravel with a nice border.

FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FL_Z32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anybody ever use these corner blocks with crown molding?

[img]http://oldelexington.com/2004-06-30-0043.jpg [/mg]

I'm generally a fan of them because they make running crown a little easier - plus I really like the look of them. I used them in a bedroom using that same royal blue / bright white paint combination and it turned out... ok. The bitch of it is caulking (no room is 100% square right? little caulk is needed to fill in gaps) and painting around the corners and edges of the corner blocks themselves to get them to really pop.

Right now I'm doing a bathroom, and the walls and ceiling are painted, the corner blocks are up, and I caulked one yesterday and could tell I'm already on the path to doing something wrong... I just don't know what.

Question is, does anybody know of - or can think of a way to make the caulk and paint "neat" so it'll pop like the one in the above pic?

Edit: I think getting the caulk neat around the edges an corners is the most difficult part. Got a feeling the paint will go on smooth if the caulk is right... open for suggestions though, because right now I'm drawing a blank.
    I used them in my foyer, and actually just bought 4 today to use in my dining room. In larger rooms, including the bedrooms, I plan on just coping them. I think the blocks work better in smaller areas. They def make the job a lot easier though.

For caulking, here are my tips -

-Make sure you buy "paintable" caulk
    -When you cut the tip off, make it a fairly small opening. I've found it's easier to "control" the caulk when you don't have a fat line of it coming out. You can always add more if needed, but it's harder to scrape off the excess.
    -Make your finger moist when running it along your caulk line. I usually just wipe my finger on a wet paper towel.

Originally Posted by ironicinori View Post
    Thinking of building my own headboard to add some texture to my bedroom. The "headboard wall" is gonna be an accent wall with some art on it. Just thinking out loud and tossing ideas around at this point, but nice to know it can be done well.

It's very easy if you own a few tools and aren't a complete retard when it comes to building something. I followed these plans when I made mine (the queen size version)

http://www.ana-white.com/2010/03/pla...-full-and.html

Here's mine. 3 coats of stain, and 3 coats of a semi-gloss polyurethane. Main tools used - 18 GA air nailer, miter saw, wood glue, clamps

Cost me a little over $100 for the wood & stain.

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welp, I think I've found the motivation to finish another room in the basement. Wish me luck guys. Anything cool you can do to a basement family room? I was just thinking finishing it with a coax for TV. Keep in mind the theater is right next to it so it's mostly just a kids play room.
    Toxic Masculinity

Originally Posted by gixxer0.6g View Post
    Welp, I think I've found the motivation to finish another room in the basement. Wish me luck guys. Anything cool you can do to a basement family room? I was just thinking finishing it with a coax for TV. Keep in mind the theater is right next to it so it's mostly just a kids play room.
    Put one of these in.
    MFC

Registered User ugottabjoshinme's Avatar
    ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I built a couple of smokers for me and my brother. It is basically a Weber Smokey Joe grill with an aluminum tamale steamer pot in it. The pot fits perfectly in the grill bottom and the grill top fits perfectly on top. I cut out the bottom of the pot and added shelves/thermometer/paint.

cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000) cajone5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    So I built a couple of smokers for me and my brother. It is basically a Weber Smokey Joe grill with an aluminum tamale steamer pot in it. The pot fits perfectly in the grill bottom and the grill top fits perfectly on top. I cut out the bottom of the pot and added shelves/thermometer/paint.
    Badass work there brah.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ugottabjoshinme again.
    D/SQ/B = 405/335/270 = 1010#
    I finally made it.

JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Did someone say tamales?
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

Make MISC Great Again 2016 Crew

Captain Quivers LongJohnQuivers's Avatar
    LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000) LongJohnQuivers is just really nice. (+1000)
    Closing on a condo tomorrow! We have our sectional/washer&dryer, and the rest of the big stuff coming on Saturday, so tomorrow - friday I will be painting a majority of the walls!

Any tips on painting? I'd assume to use a standalone primer, then paint, instead of a paint that has a primer blend in it?
    I rep anyone who posts gifs of Ray Liotta laughing.

ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugottabjoshinme has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LongJohnQuivers View Post
    Closing on a condo tomorrow! We have our sectional/washer&dryer, and the rest of the big stuff coming on Saturday, so tomorrow - friday I will be painting a majority of the walls!

Any tips on painting? I'd assume to use a standalone primer, then paint, instead of a paint that has a primer blend in it?
    I always used a primer first but a lot of the stuff I read these days says you don't really need to use one unless you are painting new drywall or going from really dark color to a really light color.

The next room I paint I am not going to use a primer first.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always used a primer first but a lot of the stuff I read these days says you don't really need to use one unless you are painting new drywall or going from really dark color to a really light color.

The next room I paint I am not going to use a primer first.
    ^this. If the walls are already painted and in decent condition, save yourself some money and skip the primer.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AGstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LongJohnQuivers View Post

depends on how much you're wwilling to spend on paint. If you're doing a repaint with low tier paint then you're going to want a primer coat or you'll go through hell trying to get proper coverage. On the other hand if you're using a moderately priced product such as Ben Moore aura/regal or sherwin williams emerald/duration then you won't need a primer.

If you want to go the primer route I'd suggest getting ppg speed hide primer and ultra spec for the paint.

But id suggest you save yourself some elbow grease and get duration. Duration is what I suggest for most repaints, great product, great price.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Installed some under cabinet lighting last week. Basically did what you see in this vid. Used LED strip lights, with a dimmer. Came out real nice....eventually.

Project was a major PITA, since the existing outlet controlled the fridge, the disposal, and the dishwasher. All inside a single outlet box! And, the wiring was pretty confusing the way it was originally set up (thank you, 1970's wiring guy!). I thought I had it nailed on day 1, but when we later tried to use the dishwasher....no dice. So, I had to un-wire and re-wire the outlet a day later. A sh!tload of stiff wires (12g), even if it's now in a 2-gang box. Well, it all works now and looks pretty good.

I used these to connect the strips to speaker wire. The connections can be a bit finicky, but they do work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s01

Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    Installed some under cabinet lighting last week. Basically did what you see in this vid. Used LED strip lights, with a dimmer. Came out real nice....eventually.

Project was a major PITA, since the existing outlet controlled the fridge, the disposal, and the dishwasher. All inside a single outlet box! And, the wiring was pretty confusing the way it was originally set up (thank you, 1970's wiring guy!). I thought I had it nailed on day 1, but when we later tried to use the dishwasher....no dice. So, I had to un-wire and re-wire the outlet a day later. A sh!tload of stiff wires (12g), even if it's now in a 2-gang box. Well, it all works now and looks pretty good.

[youtube]19LW6ZGeTmA[youtube]

I used these to connect the strips to speaker wire. The connections can be a bit finicky, but they do work.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062RBR84?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s01/url]
    I used those same connectors with mine and yeah they are finicky but it was better than trying to solder under the cabinets imo. Which lights did you use and do you have any pics? The strips I got off amazon had more of a green cast to them I thought so I haven't finished hooking them up until I find some I like better.
    MFC

I used those same connectors with mine and yeah they are finicky but it was better than trying to solder under the cabinets imo. Which lights did you use and do you have any pics? The strips I got off amazon had more of a green cast to them I thought so I haven't finished hooking them up until I find some I like better.
    I used these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

3100K. They're on the verge of being a little too white. I may replace them with a strip of 2700K. I've got some other under cabinet lights to install, so I'll decide on switching them after that. But these are definitely white, no green tinge at all.

These are the others that I'll be installing.

I'm doing pucks because you'll be able to see these and I don't want to see a strip of LED's.

I used these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

3100K. They're on the verge of being a little too white. I may replace them with a strip of 2700K. I've got some other under cabinet lights to install, so I'll decide on switching them after that. But these are definitely white, no green tinge at all.

These are the others that I'll be installing.

I'm doing pucks because you'll be able to see these and I don't want to see a strip of LED's.
    I've got the 2700k of that same brand and thought they were still kind of white. If I ever remember when I'm in Hobby Lobby I plan on picking up some kind of translucent sheet that's yellow to see if I couldn't use it as a diffuser over the strips to hopefully give it a warmer light and cut down on the glare off the counter top. Right now with them on if you're standing over the granite you can see each LED reflecting off of it.
    MFC

I need to do this. Where did you put the switch so that it was easy enough to run wire to it? My first thought on the easiest way would be to put the switch next to the outlet you are tying into.

I've got the 2700k of that same brand and thought they were still kind of white. If I ever remember when I'm in Hobby Lobby I plan on picking up some kind of translucent sheet that's yellow to see if I couldn't use it as a diffuser over the strips to hopefully give it a warmer light and cut down on the glare off the counter top. Right now with them on if you're standing over the granite you can see each LED reflecting off of it.
    Amazon has those. http://www.amazon.com/3-3ft-U-Shape-...strip+diffuser

I need to do this. Where did you put the switch so that it was easy enough to run wire to it? My first thought on the easiest way would be to put the switch next to the outlet you are tying into.
    This was the switch I used.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Sk...H-WH/202517700

There was an outlet above the countertop that I tapped into. I turned the old single outlet into a GFCI outlet + the new switch. So I had to rip out the old box and put in a double-gang remodel box. (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-2-...-UPC/100404169). I emptied the cabinet above the box and drilled a hole in the wall. I then ran some 3/8" armored cable (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwire...2101/204804401) into the hole and down to the new box. I ran the other end of the armored cable up to a hidden corner of my cabinet. That's where I installed the transformer. From the transformer, I ran speaker wire back down to where the strip lighting was.

Nice that's what I was thinking about doing, too bad they don't have them in anything besides white.
    MFC