Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kylegsp View Post
    Thanks man, i tried for a few weeks on ********, only got 150 or so likes, but i didnt do any research on it, just got friends to like. ive been reading into ways to improve my social media and im working on a new site atm, Ive been watching some of Bedros K. stuff on pt business and its helping me get a better idea of things, think i was just focusing on training people instead of looking at it from a business standpoint.

Also heaps of thanks for the fishbowl idea, ive got 22 leads in 3 days, 10 ive booked in for programs and three ive already done.
    two of them where hard to get but got for one a week and the other i got for two a week, great idea man. Never would of thought of it
    Kyle, you'll appreciate this post/video I made for you today:

Giving up on your unpopular social media accounts, even though they represent a business you're passionate about?

Don't make that mistake!

trainingwithryan.substack.com

DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Check my answers!
    Definitely forgot to reply back to this. Can't thank you enough for the help. Good to know that there are people like you out there willing to help and guide other people like me. Every little bit helps.

Thanks!

kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks man, looked at the video, going to get back into ******** and start blogging when my sites done, got 12 new sessions last week from your fishbowl idea and heaps of people still booked in this week. Having trouble getting students and people that are already in good shape though, they dont seem to open up about what they want, any ideas?

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DeadlyStriker View Post
    Definitely forgot to reply back to this. Can't thank you enough for the help. Good to know that there are people like you out there willing to help and guide other people like me. Every little bit helps.

Thanks!
    My goal is to be an asset to many!

thanks man, looked at the video, going to get back into ******** and start blogging when my sites done, got 12 new sessions last week from your fishbowl idea and heaps of people still booked in this week. Having trouble getting students and people that are already in good shape though, they dont seem to open up about what they want, any ideas?
    Kyle,

Do you mean they aren't open about what they want during their consults?

Yes, people that are already in good shape can be tough because, well, they're already in good shape. Unless you're marketing as a trainer that specializes in something like 'taking it to the next level' like a competition or something, you may not attract that demographic. People that are already serious are fun to work with, but aren't the common type of client in most general gyms. You'll get them from time to time if you don't market for them. You'll get them more often if you market for them.

As far as students go, it's likely a money thing, as most don't have the cash to fork over for personal training. As you do more and more sessions and your reputation grows and improves, people from any demographic will be more likely to work with you. That's important to remember.

What does this mean? It means keep putting in the work and it'll pay off in time!

kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10) kylegsp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah just been finding it disheartening this week cause ive had heaps of students and people saving where last week i was going really well, guess it just depends on the person i guess and that i'm a perfectionist so need to get past that. I get people that will just ask me that they want a program to get big, how would you go with that ? since i cant take them through a 4 or 5 day split in a session.
    I tend to have trouble on getting clients for mass training, larger people i find a lot easier but the manger tends to give me the leaner guys that want to get big as opposed to my co worker who gets the larger people because he used to be obese. Im trying to figure out a route to get them interested in personal training instead of just wanting a program?
    Also do you have any tips on getting motivated again when you have have a few rough days? Had an amazing week last week, but today and yesterday have been rough and feel like ive lost my vibe that i had.
    thanks for all your help man, much appreciated

"I got 12 new sessions last week from your fishbowl idea and heaps of people still booked in this week!"

This quote from Kyle above, along with some questions from a training client of mine, inspired me to talk about three tips for service industry business growth. Listen up as I talk about being present, take you through a consult process, and discuss the importance of looking the part.

yeah just been finding it disheartening this week cause ive had heaps of students and people saving where last week i was going really well, guess it just depends on the person i guess and that i'm a perfectionist so need to get past that. I get people that will just ask me that they want a program to get big, how would you go with that ? since i cant take them through a 4 or 5 day split in a session.
    They would need to sign up for multiple sessions so you can at least take them through each training day once. Ideally, they sign up for multiple months worth of once-weekly meetings though, so you can continually monitor their solo training numbers and provide them with new numbers each week. There is value there for them eyond just the time you're together!

I tend to have trouble on getting clients for mass training, larger people i find a lot easier but the manger tends to give me the leaner guys that want to get big as opposed to my co worker who gets the larger people because he used to be obese. Im trying to figure out a route to get them interested in personal training instead of just wanting a program?
    Personal training is not just for weight loss, which is something you can tell them. Every single IFBB pro has a trainer, which you can also tell them. Pro athletes have trainers and coaches, so what makes a total amateur think they don't need one? These are all points you can bring up.

Also do you have any tips on getting motivated again when you have have a few rough days? Had an amazing week last week, but today and yesterday have been rough and feel like ive lost my vibe that i had.
    thanks for all your help man, much appreciated.
    Think about it this way, if you don't continue to drive forward in something you're passionate about, you're going to be forced to work in a field you could care less about. What do you want to do, become a cubicle dweller pushing pencils or stay in the gym and help people learn something you're passionate about teaching them? Each consult you conduct is a step forward. Each training session you deliver is a step forward. Don't forget those things!
    See bold.

thanks for that man, starting posting on my ******** page again. Yeah i seem to put a lot of pressure on myself to be the best, im the best at what i do at my gym but want to be more than that, just have to focus more on helping people instead of getting my sessions back up. Think i just burnt myself out last week because i was only working on my business and didn't take time to relax and im definitely feeling it this week

interesting video man, One question. Do you use sales at all in your consults ?
    i got taught the snap sales system and just turned it into my own.
    I usually use the some vs most close at the end instead of asking if they want training, but i also show as much value as possible and try get the deep issue as to why there seeing me, i tend to get more no's if i ask do you want to train with me.

interesting video man, One question. Do you use sales at all in your consults ?
    i got taught the snap sales system and just turned it into my own.
    I usually use the some vs most close at the end instead of asking if they want training, but i also show as much value as possible and try get the deep issue as to why there seeing me, i tend to get more no's if i ask do you want to train with me.
    Kyle,

What do you mean by 'use sales?'

Funny thing, I actually was taught the Snap system at one point, which was the Fit Test. I eliminated the Fit Test from my consultation routine and things went a lot better. I found the Fit Test to be degrading to deconditioned people and realized it was setup to essentially give everyone the result of 'you need training.'

We get taught to block their objections for not wanting to buy, like ask if their partner supports them. Try see how much money they spend in junk food and use it as a reason to stop the money objection etc. At the end I'll get them to two choose between two options of packages in stead of asking if they want to. I've been trained by a few people and use my own methods. Also causing an emotional spike and then bringing yourself as the person that can make them feel better.

I don't do it completely their way but I use some things.
    I'm at around $1500 a week ATM after the fish bowel leads (thanks again) I'm working on a ebbok that I'm going to give away free at the gym to get more leads, any other ways to get good leads?

Being present in the gym is important for gaining and maintaining clients. However, if you're not at the level of full time trainer yet, and you have another job and outside life responsibilities(family, recreational activities, etc), being present at all times isn't exactly possible.

If there was a way that you could maintain a presence in the gym and collect contact information from members interested in training, would you use it?

There actually a way to do this and it's extremely low cost, low risk to you, and usually results in a huge return on your time and monetary investment. This strategy is something I call the Fish Bowl Method, which I explain 100% in the video below.

This is relevant to anyone that trains, so I wanted to drop it in here for eyes that might not see it otherwise:

What is the longest break you've taken from the gym?

Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome thread man! I recently got hired at a gym and it is my 1st time pt'ing. we're pretty much on our own to generate leads so the last couple days I've been "walking the floor" to get leads (to no success lol, might be kinda my fault. i suck at talking to people). I'm gonna try your fish bowl method soon, get people to sign up for free consults

I'm really not beating myself up for not doing that good (I'm not really a sales guy, have no idea how to close) I am merely using this opportunity to improve my skills because one day I plan to start my own business.

When I finally do start my own business what would your advice be for starting out? is a traveling pt viable or do you recommend looking for a Pt studio to offer my services?
    LeMagic LoMagick
    LeRodman LoStockton
    LeGlove LoKidd
    LEGOAT!!!!!! LoBRON!!!!

Originally Posted by Hardcore_D00d View Post
    Awesome thread man! I recently got hired at a gym and it is my 1st time pt'ing. we're pretty much on our own to generate leads so the last couple days I've been "walking the floor" to get leads (to no success lol, might be kinda my fault. i suck at talking to people). I'm gonna try your fish bowl method soon, get people to sign up for free consults

I'm really not beating myself up for not doing that good (I'm not really a sales guy, have no idea how to close) I am merely using this opportunity to improve my skills because one day I plan to start my own business.

When I finally do start my own business what would your advice be for starting out? is a traveling pt viable or do you recommend looking for a Pt studio to offer my services?
    My advice to you is to let the Fish Bowl method do its things for a few weeks, get in front of some people, and start to become better at consults and making sales. You are getting ahead of yourself in asking about starting your own business. Right now you have much more important things to worry about.

Once you actually do a consult or two, I encourage you to come back with questions on how to be better and better at them.

Did you watch my video outlining the general consul

Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hardcore_D00d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My advice to you is to let the Fish Bowl method do its things for a few weeks, get in front of some people, and start to become better at consults and making sales. You are getting ahead of yourself in asking about starting your own business. Right now you have much more important things to worry about.

Once you actually do a consult or two, I encourage you to come back with questions on how to be better and better at them.

Did you watch my video outlining the general consul
    thanks man! you're right...gotta crawl before i walk.

I just gotta get some reps in consulting and talking to people. watching the videos right now
    LeMagic LoMagick
    LeRodman LoStockton
    LeGlove LoKidd
    LEGOAT!!!!!! LoBRON!!!!

jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jwarrenfit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    helpful thread! on my website in my sig i have about 30 videos for trainers at box gyms under the fitness professionals tab.

You will definiately want to get your feet wet and learn for a while before going on your own IMO. But when you do, traveling pt is not the route to go. I did travel but only in one specific residential area i cornered. There were almost 1200 house holds in the wealthy area of my city so only like a 2 minutes to travel. from one block to the next.

after the box gym find a place to pay rent for your own clients, watch and learn again before deciding to open your own
    ig- jwarrenfit

always respond to pms

Originally Posted by jwarrenfit View Post
    helpful thread! on my website in my sig i have about 30 videos for trainers at box gyms under the fitness professionals tab.
    I'll have to take a look at that when I have some down time.

You will definiately want to get your feet wet and learn for a while before going on your own IMO. But when you do, traveling pt is not the route to go. I did travel but only in one specific residential area i cornered. There were almost 1200 house holds in the wealthy area of my city so only like a 2 minutes to travel. from one block to the next.
    I agree. There are a couple of main problems with traveling, IMO:

1. The equipment you have to work with isn't set in stone. Usually you're stuck with subpar equipment and lack of equipment because most people don't have elaborate home gyms.

2. The time between sessions is a killer. Multiple hours per day are going to be spent commuting, which is time that isn't making you money.

after the box gym find a place to pay rent for your own clients, watch and learn again before deciding to open your own
    Often times you have to go through phases that aren't perfectly pleasant, but the long term goal should be kept in sight. If you have to travel around for awhile to build up your name, do that. That's just hustling. But you should be doing it with a goal of eventually having these clients travel to you.

Traveling around sounds fun, but it can get old real quick.

nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Absolutely LOVE this thread! Love getting great advice, and love seeing trainers like me who are just starting off.

My questions for you are the following:

1. I've been fortunate enough to find a studio to train out of that only charges me $10 per session. But my stuggles have been that you preach ALOT about being present, yet not being in a big gym has really limited me. Most training inquiries that I receive are ether from referrals/ word of mouth and ********. This has really limited me. Any suggestions for a trainer training out of a private studio?

2. The first question I always get over text or email is "How much do you charge?" So I do one of two things: 1. Tell them I offer free consultations to meet up and discuss their goals further, and then we can develop a program/ package that will work for them or 2. give them a quick summary of my services and then send them to me website for more information. By not being able to get that in person contact, I lose the possibility to convince them of all the benefits I have to offer, and all they see is the price.

3. What service do you use to bill your clients monthly?

4. Did you have to register your business before doing this, or do/did you just take "cash under the table?"

5. Lastly, how do you go about getting testimonials? I find it awkward to say "hey, I would love if you could give me a quick write up about what you think about me/ my training!" Do I just need to get over the awkwardness and just flat out ask my clients and former clients?!

Thank you so much! This thread has been of great help, and I am excited to see that it has been revived again!

Originally Posted by nctarheels21 View Post
    Absolutely LOVE this thread! Love getting great advice, and love seeing trainers like me who are just starting off.

My questions for you are the following:

1. I've been fortunate enough to find a studio to train out of that only charges me $10 per session. But my stuggles have been that you preach ALOT about being present, yet not being in a big gym has really limited me. Most training inquiries that I receive are ether from referrals/ word of mouth and ********. This has really limited me. Any suggestions for a trainer training out of a private studio?
    Well, word of mouth is a huge deal and it's really good that you're getting that type of exposure. As far as not being in a gym full of potential clients, you need to make the public your potential clients by advertising where possible. You can create flyers and ask businesses if you can leave them on a counter or something. You can see what it costs to put an ad on the back of grocery store receipts. You can do Google or FB ads and target your specific city. There are options out there and they all require some hustling and pavement pounding!

2. The first question I always get over text or email is "How much do you charge?" So I do one of two things: 1. Tell them I offer free consultations to meet up and discuss their goals further, and then we can develop a program/ package that will work for them or 2. give them a quick summary of my services and then send them to me website for more information. By not being able to get that in person contact, I lose the possibility to convince them of all the benefits I have to offer, and all they see is the price.
    Being that I've sold 100s of people on big training packages without ever seeing them, I can tell you exactly what I do. When someone reaches out online, no matter what they ask, I offer to send them my questionnaire that allows me to get to know them better, assess them, and tell them what I have to offer in terms of services, service details, and pricing. This will weed out the people that aren't serious because they won't take the time to fill out the questionnaire. The serious ones will fill it out, get back to you, and then you can respond with your service details and pricing. If they like what you have to say, you'll have a new client.

3. What service do you use to bill your clients monthly?
    PayPal is the method I use. I manually enter their payment each month if I have their credit card information or I send them an invoice through email if I don't.

4. Did you have to register your business before doing this, or do/did you just take "cash under the table?"
    Yes, to be legal and kosher when it comes to taxes, I report my training income. Not to mention, PayPal sends me a 1099 at the end of each year and they also report that information to the IRS. I have an LLC.

5. Lastly, how do you go about getting testimonials? I find it awkward to say "hey, I would love if you could give me a quick write up about what you think about me/ my training!" Do I just need to get over the awkwardness and just flat out ask my clients and former clients?!
    Honestly, I only ask for a testimonial once a person stops training with me. Before they say goodbye, I send them an email with four questions that I'd like them to answer. Most are happy to do this because they are happy about what I've done for them. And yes, you just get over it because it's not something they'll upset that you asked.

Thank you so much! This thread has been of great help, and I am excited to see that it has been revived again!
    You're welcome! Any time you have a question, just pop in and ask.
    Talk to you soon,

Ryan

Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Ryan - love this thread!

Question for you:
    Let's say i've been training for 2 years, source a small plot out of town and erect a building to be used as a studio. Now, i'm training 30 sessions a week... What other ways of generating income are there? How else can I grow my PT business?

Originally Posted by Feakins View Post
    Hey Ryan - love this thread!

Question for you:
    Let's say i've been training for 2 years, source a small plot out of town and erect a building to be used as a studio. Now, i'm training 30 sessions a week... What other ways of generating income are there? How else can I grow my PT business?
    Feakins,

Sorry for the delay in answering this! One method you could use to generate more income without working more physical hours is to try servicing a few group sessions or classes per week. I don't know what you'll have for resources, but if you get 5-10 people running a circuit-based 60 minute class, you could make 100+ dollars per class. Now I realize this may be tough to build a full class, but perhaps multiple existing clients would add the class session onto their weekly session(s). This is a realistic situation.

If you are looking for passive income, you need to produce products and sell them OR have another trainer using your studio and training their own clients while you take a percentage of their income. These two steps are my recommendations for passive income and I've done both of them.

I like this question,

Ryan

nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nctarheels21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Talk to you soon,

Ryan
    Not trying to be a lazy fuk, or trying to mooch off your success and hard work, but would you be willing to share your questionnaire and go over your normal consultation routine?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by nctarheels21 View Post
    Not trying to be a lazy fuk, or trying to mooch off your success and hard work, but would you be willing to share your questionnaire and go over your normal consultation routine?

Thanks.
    Start by checking out post #193's video. I talk about the consultation and how to get more consults as well.

When it comes to the questionnaire, you should keep it on the shorter side and ask the potential client things that you need to know about them in order to put together a program for them. I'd like to see you do this on your own versus just looking at someone else's because it will only benefit you, not to mention make it unique to you. OK?

Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Feakins has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for your points Ryan!

Originally Posted by Feakins View Post
    Thanks for your points Ryan!
    No problem. Any thoughts stirring in your head now?

MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsStrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Been on BodySpace for a while, but am new to the Forum arena. I just stumbled onto your thread while exploring. I am currently doing CPT coursework through ISSA. I'm considering all kinds of things from simply helping friends to being an on-line coach to starting a gym franchise. I'll read through your thread more carefully this week and shoot you some questions later. Meanwhile, I'm subscribing to the thread.

Originally Posted by MsStrider View Post
    Been on BodySpace for a while, but am new to the Forum arena. I just stumbled onto your thread while exploring. I am currently doing CPT coursework through ISSA. I'm considering all kinds of things from simply helping friends to being an on-line coach to starting a gym franchise. I'll read through your thread more carefully this week and shoot you some questions later. Meanwhile, I'm subscribing to the thread.
    Thanks for subbing! I'm sure I'll see some questions from you soon.

drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drecc4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Ryan,

This question is probably a little more unorthodox than the usual. I'm looking to open a training facility that aims to alleviate the problem that exists in (most) large national gyms, where trainers are paid only a small % of the total overall fee charged to the clients. My facility would only offer "memberships" to trainers, who would pay a monthly fee to train their clients in my facility. Then trainers can keep 100% of their fee's and essentially run their own business under my roof. Yes this idea exists, but it's not very widespread and there isn't a single big player in this market. I should add, this idea could also benefit current business owners who no longer want to bear the burden of ongoing overhead expenses. Finally, it benefits the clients, as they no longer have to pay a monthly gym membership fee ($50-$100) on top of the fee's for their personal/group trainer.

I'm looking for feedback on why this idea wouldn't work, and/or ideas to make it a no brainier for trainers to jump on board? Thanks for your help!