Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nvrlift View Post
    i can guarantee you know diddly squat about biochemistry. What does the liver convert fructose into?
    Fat and glucose. Via gluconeogenesis. It is an inefficient pathway by its basic chemical process you will store a certain percent as fat before its available for use or ..it will be stored in your liver to be converted to glucose if it is not needed immediately. It has almost 0 effect on insulin and can not be utilized without passing through your liver.
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Neg_Train has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    eating clean just makes me feel better both mentally and physically.

I always feel like **** immediately afterwards after a fast food meal

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I only came in on this page but you are the only person out of the 30 posts i've read that isn't so unbelievably ignorant it makes me sad

Phd in pharmacology and major in nutritional biochemistry actually. And practicing Hospital pharmacist.

I would be fascinated in eharing how you think the metabolism of fructose is relevent whatsoever . . .

. . . go!
    I have 0 respect for your credentials. There are many more MD's against your bull****. Go to more conferences.

mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sort of agree with op

im not saying i dont eat chicken and brown rice. but im not saying i dont also eat a ton of other **** considered "unhealthy" like fast food and takeout.

i'd rather have sh*t in my body then nothing in my body.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    Fat and glucose. Via gluconeogenesis. It is an inefficient pathway by its basic chemical process you will store a certain percent as fat before its available for use or ..it will be stored in your liver to be converted to glucose if it is not needed immediately. It has almost 0 effect on insulin and can not be utilized without passing through your liver.
    Sorry bro, i have sum bad newz.

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/0...tose-alarmism/
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have 0 respect for your credentials. There are many more MD's against your bull****. Go to more conferences.
    You've already proven in this thread that you don't know basic elementary school nutrition that my 9 year old nephew would laugh at you for. Why would I care about your respect?

A diet high in sodium, sat fats and sugar makes me feel like ****. A diet that creates less stress on my body makes me feel much better. There is a reason for that. And you're a straight ****ocyte if you discount chemicals that are biomarkers for inflammation. Which are related to nutrient consumption.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Lol at link

leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leangains69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i use to think like u too. Then I educated my self . Spend some time reading on bodyrecomposition.com

Also like I wrote few posts ago I eat generally whatever I want within my macros and my blood test showed everything is fine actually perfect . My doctor said " whatever you eat keep eating " just learn balance like all things in life
    'If diet and exercise doesn't feel as natural as brushing your teeth everyday or even breathing you will never see the results you want' - Ryan Doris

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol at link
    Exactly what i expected from someone of your intelligence. It's not my fault you don't even understand the material presented in that link. Maybe if you studied just a bit harder in school you wouldn't be at such a disadvantage in debates like this. That link wrecked anything you have to say regarding fructose.

Edit: Do you even know that liver glycogen breaks down during training and liver glycogen status is a strong anabolic and anti-catabolic signal? No, you don't. Idiot.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol, always found it weird that people are afraid of sugar and fructose but don't mind getting yucky as fck on the weekends.
    Liftin' or Blazin'

TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheJediBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A diet high in sodium, sat fats and sugar makes me feel like ****. A diet that creates less stress on my body makes me feel much better. There is a reason for that. And you're a straight ****ocyte if you discount chemicals that are biomarkers for inflammation. Which are related to nutrient consumption.
    This thread isn't about diet

it's about individual foods being inherently "unhealthy"

how can you not get that

Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500) Nvrlift is not very helpful. (-500)
    *an excess of fructose leads to triglyceride conversion.

If this was such an issue for active people that that bish on the 30 bananas a day diet would be fat as phuck. Clearly she is rail thin. How do you explain that Mr. Biochemistry?

Originally Posted by Bonkies View Post
    lol, always found it weird that people are afraid of sugar and fructose but don't mind getting yucky as fck on the weekends.
    It's the media. It has it's phases.
    "Fat is bad, low fat diets are key"
    Then, "carbs is bad, low carb diets are key"
    Then, "artificial sweeteners are bad, don't drink diet coke"

and it keeps going on and on and the general public becomes even stupider and stupider

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    dont know much about healthy vs unhealthy but i just generally stay away from foods that give me acne + diarrhea~~~~~
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zinjetsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just consider unhealthy foods as foods that, if they were to make a large part of your diet, would not be good for your state of health
    LoL

AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlbinoScience is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by butwhowasfeel View Post
    dont know much about healthy vs unhealthy but i just generally stay away from foods that give me acne + diarrhea~~~~~
    what foods give you acne?
    ***Never Giving up Crew***

5'11
    180 lbs

Not actually albino - just blonde

Originally Posted by Nvrlift View Post
    *an excess of fructose leads to triglyceride conversion.

If this was such an issue for active people that that bish on the 30 bananas a day diet would be fat as phuck. Clearly she is rail thin. How do you explain that Mr. Biochemistry?
    Fructose through its trip through your liver gets converted into usable carbohydrate and fat. The reactions that take place send a certain percentage of every gram you eat to your fat cells. Its unavoidable. And the person you mentioned is a distance athlete if I'm not mistaken.

Either way ..a gut full of **** fat will make you sluggish. A diet high in simple sugars will put u at risk for various diseases.

If you're burning enough calories through activity you will blunt a lot of the negative effects. But you wont benefit nearly as much as if you ate like an athlete.

And bananas are what about 30% fructose?

Originally Posted by Zinjetsu View Post
    i just consider unhealthy foods as foods that, if they were to make a large part of your diet, would not be good for your state of health
    This would be the only logical what of looking at it. But it still shows the point that no food is inherently "unhealthy", or is going to have a negative impact on your health just by eating it.

Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000) Brahrker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why do people say 'caloric dense' foods.. for a food to be 'caloric dense' it has to have high fat.. just say high fat. Unless im missing something and theres carb items which are like 90 carbs/100g
    Starting weight(28/01/12): 190lbs obese
    Weight at end of cut: 145lbs

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AlbinoScience View Post
    what foods give you acne?
    dairy, wheat and foods with a lot of processed sugar

not sure if this is broscience but i haven't had pimples ever since i cut out all of this from my diet

but das jus me + im lactose intolerant and have celiac disease so that might be a big factor lol
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

It's the media. It has it's phases.
    "Fat is bad, low fat diets are key"
    Then, "carbs is bad, low carb diets are key"
    Then, "artificial sweeteners are bad, don't drink diet coke"

and it keeps going on and on and the general public becomes even stupider and stupider
    Aspartame is fine in limited amounts unless you have seizure disorder or depression.

Fructose through its trip through your liver gets converted into usable carbohydrate and fat. The reactions that take place send a certain percentage of every gram you eat to your fat cells. Its unavoidable. And the person you mentioned is a distance athlete if I'm not mistaken.

Either way ..a gut full of **** fat will make you sluggish. A diet high in simple sugars will put u at risk for various diseases.

If you're burning enough calories through activity you will blunt a lot of the negative effects. But you wont benefit nearly as much as if you ate like an athlete.

And bananas are what about 30% fructose?
    Bro you are taking biochemical processes, and assuming their validity to support your point in a clinical setting. It just doesn't work that way.
    That's how broscience is born.

If want to find out what actually happens in practice, do some research, look at some studies. Don't read a textbook on a biochemical process and think that it tanslates into a clinically significant practice.

This would be the only logical what of looking at it. But it still shows the point that no food is inherently "unhealthy", or is going to have a negative impact on your health just by eating it.
    An abundance of unhealthy food will however cause problems. This thread isn't full of people being objective scientifically. Its people interested in improving their bodies and miscers

TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheeRod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat shiet and DIE mutha fahker!!

Registered Snapchat King squeak419's Avatar
    squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) squeak419 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Intredasting thread... As always we don't end with a definitive answer. I wonder if there even is one.

I still am unsure how to judge what is healthy and what isn't. I don't consider my diet very healthy. I literally eat whatever I want to make up my macros and cals.

Sugar hits 200+ most days. I also take a multi vitamin. I don't remember the last time I was sick and get my bloods done annually.

My bloods show everything in the normal range. I feel happy and fit, I wake up feeling fresh and have energy all throughout the day.

All this from a diet which most bodybuilding "gurus" would frown upon.

I don't know what else to say really, not a day goes by where I don't eat either fast food or chocolate, sweets etc etc. My bloods and how I feel show me as "healthy" yet my diet consists of supposedly "unclean" foods.

Not sure how else to explain that...

An abundance of unhealthy food will however cause problems. This thread isn't full of people being objective scientifically. Its people interested in improving their bodies and miscers
    Yeah Bro but as i explained to you already, the point is that no individual food is going to be bad for you unless it tips your diet as a whole.

Originally Posted by squeak419 View Post
    Intredasting thread... As always we don't end with a definitive answer. I wonder if there even is one.

I still am unsure how to judge what is healthy and what isn't. I don't consider my diet very healthy. I literally eat whatever I want to make up my macros and cals.
    Honestly brah, that's all you really need.
    If you're hitting good calories and macros, it's highly unlikely that you are going to be deficient in fibre or micros or anything.

Bro you are taking biochemical processes, and assuming their validity to support your point in a clinical setting. It just doesn't work that way.
    That's how broscience is born.

If want to find out what actually happens in practice, do some research, look at some studies. Don't read a textbook on a biochemical process and think that it tanslates into a clinically significant practice.
    Sure. But I don't agree with the blanket statement that all foods are fine and its calories in vs out. You can get on pubmed and find tons of **** on diet and influence of tnf-a, c reactive protein... glycemic load, etc VS health. I mean I know I come off as a prick but there has to be some balance.

Sure. But I don't agree with the blanket statement that all foods are fine and its calories in vs out. You can get on pubmed and find tons of **** on diet and influence of tnf-a, c reactive protein... glycemic load, etc VS health. I mean I know I come off as a prick but there has to be some balance.
    Unless you have specific health conditions, none of that matters.

The main reason for that is, IF you have good calories and macros, all the other little stuff, vitamins, mediators etc will just take care of itself. You're not going to get imbalances or deficiencies that will affect your health if you are following calories and macros.

I myself adhere to the 50/50 rule lately. I will have my big ass salad, some fruit, grains and whatnot ..then if I have room and worked out enough ill have a beer, some cheese, regular ****. If I had more self control it'd be 70-30 "healthy " to not ..but I have hypertension so, I have a reason beyond fitness. Some people need to be even stricter and if I get sicker I'll have to. I just Don ignore how staying well hydrated and fed with some lesa bloating foods makes me feel...