Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2320
    Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Guys, I don't need to budget food, it's supps that are a money problem, that comes out of my pocket, food doesn't. The problem is real grocery stores are 30mins away, and I have no license, and my dad is content on surviving on frozen foods so he can live off chit at one of the many local Dollar Generals (seriously, they're popping up everywhere, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a conspiracy).
    Sorry, I may have started that rumor But I wonder if Aldi has cheap vitamins? Too mad there aren't more vitamin promos on this forum

Ok so, today I did 30min on the 'mill, and I think I've come to some conclusions regarding my routine, and how I've been feeling.

I'm going back to a 4x a week plan while I'm finishing my cut. The whole point of the extra day was more leg frequency, and that's more of a bulking goal. I'd rather put glute bridges on another day, and maybe squat 2x a week, or have an accessory squat on my heavy day. Whatever it ends up being, I think having the extra day off from lifting in the middle of the week will be more beneficial, fit my current goal, and leave me with a better mindset for the other days.

I may keep in cardio even when I bulk. I've found I'm kind of liking it, even with my old crappy treadmill, I can still jog a bit too so I've been working on doing small enough intervals to work on my breathing, and overall cardio, while avoiding stitches. I do have to hold the bar (like I said, old crappy treadmill), but I've been practicing having to hold it while still keeping upright, long limbs ftw! It's 20-30min, which isn't so much of an increase it'd make bulking too hard, especially given I want to be more cautious next time around anyway. Just finding it puts me in a good mood, I like that I can work on more intense cardio without pain, and with Jay's headphones I can enjoy some youtube videos.

You know that whole "feeling more healthy" thing I mentioned, vs just doing something healthier? Being active in more ways than one makes me feel like I'm closer to that.

Oh, but on the downside, I have no regular sneakers. Just flats. I know that's not good, so I may have to buy a cheap pair of sneakers for the treadmill when I can. Fortunately it's mostly brisk walking with a few intervals of jogging, but even during those short intervals I can feel these shoes don't agree.
    Yay for cardio? Just kidding, that's awesome! I probably need more real cardio in my life. Sneakers.... one more thing to spend money on
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Sorry, I may have started that rumor But I wonder if Aldi has cheap vitamins? Too mad there aren't more vitamin promos on this forum
    Yaaas, but I wouldn't know how to review them. I have a hard time with BCAAs, because most of what I'm trying to judge is the taste.

"It's vitamins, that's for sure. Says it right there on the label!" >.<
    Yay for cardio? Just kidding, that's awesome! I probably need more real cardio in my life. Sneakers.... one more thing to spend money on
    Lol, yeah. I'm glad I'm enjoying it, because it beats forcing something you don't enjoy. Hopefully I don't get bored with it, there's a long line of youtube videos, and anime to watch. >.<

Yes though, with the shoes. T_T Probably end up buying a chit pair from Walmart, and wear them out. I can't afford good sneaks for it now, and any not-flat pair is better than these.

Oh, and my blood tests were fine, so I guess a lot of the issues I've been having still comedown to hormones. (Though there was bacteria in my urine test for my kidneys, guess it's not a big deal since my doc didn't say she wanted to put me on anything?) Though getting more vitamins wouldn't kill me either. It cannot be Sept 5th fast enough. Between anticipating this road test, and wanting to get the first of these IUD appts done Aug is becoming a real test of my patience.

On the plus side, Jay's been having me drive more, because he "doesn't want me to barely make it, he wants me to do well" his words, hence the quotes. I don't care as long as I pass it, lol but I have been getting pretty comfortable with backing up. With mirrors, his car's in the shop so I've had no back up cam on this lender! So yeah I guess it's good that I'm getting in more consistency, but he needs his car back. Both me and my brother need some time to practice in the car we'll be using (better feel for it, general comfort, you know?).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yaaas, but I wouldn't know how to review them. I have a hard time with BCAAs, because most of what I'm trying to judge is the taste.

"It's vitamins, that's for sure. Says it right there on the label!" >.<
    Truth!

Lol, yeah. I'm glad I'm enjoying it, because it beats forcing something you don't enjoy. Hopefully I don't get bored with it, there's a long line of youtube videos, and anime to watch. >.<
    YES!

Yes though, with the shoes. T_T Probably end up buying a chit pair from Walmart, and wear them out. I can't afford good sneaks for it now, and any not-flat pair is better than these.
    You could try shoe inserts with some support too, maybe? But your shoes will still wear out so maybe the chit pair for wally world will work okay

Oh, and my blood tests were fine, so I guess a lot of the issues I've been having still comedown to hormones. (Though there was bacteria in my urine test for my kidneys, guess it's not a big deal since my doc didn't say she wanted to put me on anything?) Though getting more vitamins wouldn't kill me either. It cannot be Sept 5th fast enough. Between anticipating this road test, and wanting to get the first of these IUD appts done Aug is becoming a real test of my patience.

On the plus side, Jay's been having me drive more, because he "doesn't want me to barely make it, he wants me to do well" his words, hence the quotes. I don't care as long as I pass it, lol but I have been getting pretty comfortable with backing up. With mirrors, his car's in the shop so I've had no back up cam on this lender! So yeah I guess it's good that I'm getting in more consistency, but he needs his car back. Both me and my brother need some time to practice in the car we'll be using (better feel for it, general comfort, you know?).
    Yay for good blood tests and driving more
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could try shoe inserts with some support too, maybe? But your shoes will still wear out so maybe the chit pair for wally world will work okay
    I'll worry more when I'm pro-status runner. For now I just need something ok for brisk walking, and light jogging.

Yay for good blood tests and driving more
    Yeah I didn't think my meds needed adjusting, but it's always nice to confirm that's in the green too. Doc really covered all the bases.

I just hope my period issues, and road test don't sync up. Would like to be as chill as someone with an anxiety disorder during a performance based test can be, lol.

Squats - Home

Pre: Arm circles, hip circles, glute activations, those awkward stretches I think are sometimes called happy baby? You lie down, put your feet up, knees bent and grab your toes. Whatever they're called, felt like a good pre-squat stretch.

Squats
    77lbs x 5
    77lbs x 5
    77lbs x 5
    87bs x 5
    97lbs x 1 (TO MUTHAFLUFFIN DEPTH!)

RDLs
    87lbs x 8
    87lbs x 8
    87lbs x 8

Curtsy Lunges
    40lbs x 6
    40lbs x 6
    40lbs x 6

Front Squats
    57lbs x 8
    57lbs x 8
    57lbs x 8

So, I was feeling confident, and went for 97lbs to depth, and I know I got it, because I'm really feeling stuff activate properly when I do hit parallel. That made me a happy penguin. RDLs were business as usual, really hope that when I eventually see a chiro she can address why in top position my right shoulder has always sat higher.

Did curtsy lunges just to switch things up, I'm awkward as chit, but I did get better with practice. Might do them again next week, it's gotta help my balance a little, right?

Having FS at the end was brutal. Those were some burny reps, and I may have definitely screamed through a couple. Went too wide on the first set, and that screwed with me a bit.

Know how I like to do not fun stuff for fun? Well I was farting around too much this morning, realized I was behind before I even ate breakfast. Figured, why not try a sort-of intermittent fasting? Just stick with the protein coffee, the knock off Mio vitamins, still have my Dymatize BCAAs, have a shake later, light snack/lunch, and save most of my food cals for dinner. It's sort of a modified version, I still get plenty of protein, and my lunch-y thing will be pretty high in fat to bump that up.
    From what I calculated my calories will be close to the same, and so will my macros with a bit more fat, and less carbs than usual.

Mostly I wanted to see how it'd effect working out, because when I hear of other people doing fasted workouts, I wonder how they aren't dead. My lifting, as you can see, actually went really well. I went without preworkout because I thought it may be harsh on an empty stomach. So I just had some caffeine and protein from my morning coffee. I had plenty of energy, my lifts were fine, didn't get lightheaded.

Cardio though, I should have had the shake while I was stretching before I started cardio. Still managed a bit of a jog, and all 20mins, but it was far less pleasant than the lifting. Maybe only because it was second? I don't know, but if I do it another day I would just try the shake thing, I wouldn't put it before my lifting and risk that being crap.

That's my experiment, and that's how it's gone so far today. I can tell already I will not be the "I tried I.F. for a week" type, lol. I just love fluffing around with my diet, and methods, and it gives me something new to do (and experience to speak from).

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I lift fasted mostly because I start so early and I am limited on time. When I was lifting in the afternoon I ate all day and it was fine but one time I tried to eat a meal before morning lifting and I almost lost my cookies. Now I may have either a protein bar or a banana before lifting but that's it.
    POWERLIFTING TRAINING JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554583

YOUTUBE (Training videos)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfCal3cQ0N9yrJ8akX9BhTg

Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    I lift fasted mostly because I start so early and I am limited on time. When I was lifting in the afternoon I ate all day and it was fine but one time I tried to eat a meal before morning lifting and I almost lost my cookies. Now I may have either a protein bar or a banana before lifting but that's it.
    My breakfast is usually pretty light, but I'm starting an hour earlier now, and when calories go up that breakfast isn't going to be so light, and there will be much less time for it to digest before I start. Might be useful to know I can lift before breakfast if need be, just my coffee because it's liquid, and yummy.

My breakfast is usually pretty light, but I'm starting an hour earlier now, and when calories go up that breakfast isn't going to be so light, and there will be much less time for it to digest before I start. Might be useful to know I can lift before breakfast if need be, just my coffee because it's liquid, and yummy.
    I've almost always trained fasted just because I usually train in the morning and I am not a morning person. I am going to start to play with adding in some sort of higher carb meal/supplement and see if it helps my performance (fake Renaissance Periodization diet)
    Team Ogre Mascot

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sure it isn't for everyone. I do fine without food that early. If I were up for a couple/few hours before I started lifting I'd probably be too hungry to concentrate on lifting. I start as soon as I get up though.
    POWERLIFTING TRAINING JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554583

YOUTUBE (Training videos)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfCal3cQ0N9yrJ8akX9BhTg

lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lschepis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm morning chocolate protein shake, Syntha 6 choc cake batter right now. I gotta get on the protein right away so with protein milk it starts me off with 38g. I hate having to always shove protein down my gullet all day. I aim for 120 g but usually get 110-115. What do all u guys get?

Congrats on that depthly squat Luna.
    Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159735861&pagenumber=

**No thigh gap Crew

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mostly I wanted to see how it'd effect working out, because when I hear of other people doing fasted workouts, I wonder how they aren't dead.
    ROFL! Yeah, I think that as well It's funny because when I was in my 20's, I never ate breakfast and I'd go running around all day doing stuff until like 2pm before I'd ever eat anything. Then at some point I started eating breakfasts, and got used to it. Now if I try to do anything without a decent amount of food in my system, I feel absolutely horrible, lol.

Sorry you're having to wait for so many appointments! That is always frustrating, when you just want to get things moving along!

Originally Posted by lschepis View Post
    I'm morning chocolate protein shake, Syntha 6 choc cake batter right now. I gotta get on the protein right away so with protein milk it starts me off with 38g. I hate having to always shove protein down my gullet all day. I aim for 120 g but usually get 110-115. What do all u guys get?

Congrats on that depthly squat Luna.
    Syntha 6 is good stuff, just picked some up at BJs (wholesale store, but yeah, make a joke, lol). EAS was cheaper per lb, but having a protein blend is better for Jay given he has a shake for breakfast doesn't always eat lunch during work days. Tried it myself, and it was pretty good (vanilla ice cream kind).

I don't like cooking first thing, so I just do a protein coffee to get some in early. My minimum is like 112g, but I try to aim for 120g too. Since trying a more low carb/less grains thing with this cut I've been doing well with intake though.
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    ROFL! Yeah, I think that as well It's funny because when I was in my 20's, I never ate breakfast and I'd go running around all day doing stuff until like 2pm before I'd ever eat anything. Then at some point I started eating breakfasts, and got used to it. Now if I try to do anything without a decent amount of food in my system, I feel absolutely horrible, lol.

Sorry you're having to wait for so many appointments! That is always frustrating, when you just want to get things moving along!
    That was me in my teens cup of coffee before school, and that'd be it until lunch. I didn't want to wake up earlier than I had to, so I figured coffee was good enough.

Yeah, and that's not including waiting to see if I pass my road test. If I have my license, I can make the appts I've been putting off as well.
    I've almost always trained fasted just because I usually train in the morning and I am not a morning person. I am going to start to play with adding in some sort of higher carb meal/supplement and see if it helps my performance (fake Renaissance Periodization diet)
    I thought my energy would tank when I went lower in carbs. Actually ended up doing well enough without it. Not that I'm not looking forward to trying overnight protein oats as breakfast. I'll be higher carbs in general when bulking anyway, the lower carb thing was a diet experiment, and a way to prioritize protein and fat while cutting (because sometimes I miss the mark filling my cals with carbs).
    Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    I'm sure it isn't for everyone. I do fine without food that early. If I were up for a couple/few hours before I started lifting I'd probably be too hungry to concentrate on lifting. I start as soon as I get up though.
    Yeah I think starting earlier would have been better too. It's still earlier, but not wake up, coffee, go. Definitely not something I could do as strict as it's intended, but delaying needing to cook anything helps with starting sooner, even if I just do it for the lifting part. Don't need to wait for prepping, weighing, cooking, eating, and letting food settle.

OHP - Home

Pre: Arm Circles, and band pull aparts.

OHP
    57lbs x 5
    57lbs x 5
    57lbs x 5
    57lbs x 4

Bent Over Rows
    77lbs x 8
    77lbs x 8
    77lbs x 8

DB Curls
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8

Tri Overhead Extension
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 9
    20lbs x 8

First OHP set felt hard, but I knocked the pins unracking, and I think that threw me off. I managed them, they just felt heavy. The rest were pretty solid, on the very last rep I brought it back down slow, and that was burny. I went for the slow decent with rows as well, pulling up quickly, but letting it down slowly, and I'm going to hurt tomorrow, lol.

Did the coffee only this morning, but had a shake before cardio, and it felt much better. Didn't wait until the afternoon to eat something solid though, even with liquids allowed, waiting for real food that long just doesn't suit me. Maybe it works better with a higher calorie range overall though? Like eating a couple big meals in the afternoon/evening might work better.

Speaking of, I only looked into the IF theory after I "tried" it. I watched a video posted by one of the vloggers I follow that I had ignored until now, because it was her experience with IF, and I wasn't in a rush to see it. lol. She explained that the theory is your body uses fat for energy, instead of calories during the fasting period. So I reversed the logic to "so if you're eating at maintenance, your body still burns 2000cals, but all in the afternoon, and at night?" I know calories in, calories out, I know our bodies don't calculate calories by the day like we do consciously, and I know there's a logical answer here that makes total sense, but I don't know what it is.

Like if you maintain at 2000cals, you eat 2000cals at the end of the day, you've already used whatever energy source to get through the bulk of the day your body burns some of those calories overnight, are they still burning in the morning? Does your body keep using them, and after a certain amount of time any excess becomes fat, or any deficit burns it? I get that IF is a style of eating more than a diet (I.e. you can do it regardless of calorie range), but wouldn't it still be useless if you're burning last night calories anyway?

Unless you're doing it for convenience/preference only, and not fat loss that's totally aside in this scenario. Sorry if this post is confusing, it's basically my messy train of thought, and my brain is trying to grasp something it doesn't actually know (yet).

Thinky Pain

Kidding, kind of. Basically, the body goes through breakdown and storage all the time. It's going to store whatever it can't immediately use, and breakdown tissues for energy when it needs to. Does IF help with fat burning? Maybe, but then your body is going to store some fat as well at the end of the day when it gets it's payload of calories.
    Team Ogre Mascot

Kidding, kind of. Basically, the body goes through breakdown and storage all the time. It's going to store whatever it can't immediately use, and breakdown tissues for energy when it needs to. Does IF help with fat burning? Maybe, but then your body is going to store some fat as well at the end of the day when it gets it's payload of calories.
    Yay! My brain can rest!
    Makes sense though, bodies are neat.

*Edit: Also makes sense in regards to "whooshing." It makes sense that your body would temporarily store water from cells it drew fat from so it wasn't consistently changing the size of the cells.