Page 39 of 116 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 3474
    Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    had to do the same with my Gyro
    they had to order a full string of lamb meat just for the contest.
    Man, that looks good; love gyro meat.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oregonpanthers View Post
    Erik,

Outside of the Moo Time Creamery Challenge as we spoke of their is actually one more challenge we could do around me I have not done yet. OB Noodle House in Ocean Beach. The Pho 20 Challenge. 1.5lbs noodle, 1lb meat, broth and a pint of beer in 42 minutes. Not that hard compared to other challenges but my catch has always been the beer! I hate beer with a passion and always have. Mine as well drink cold battery acid IMO. You also have to begin eating as soon as its plated in front of you while its piping hot. No ice or water can be added to the bowel either. Johnnie Excel did it in 2000 with time to spare but he said in his video he scalded his mouth really bad within minutes of starting..............to me that is not 100% worth a free meal, t-shirt and name on a wall to have my mouth burnt to hell for days after.

Here is an idea.......we do that then take our burnt as hell mouth and cool it off with Moo Time right after? Boom!

Guahan still on my radar to. Just gotta find the time to make the trip on a weekend.

Would like to do the OB challenge, but I hate beer as well. I might do that one when I run out of challenges to do in SD. For now, I'm thinking that guahan is my next one (Next weekend most likely) (the 6lbs of fried rice and 6 eggs sounds awesome), and then my new found "unlisted challenge" after that. Would really like to see if I can get something named after myself. lol

And it's awesome because little to no-one knows about it.

oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    ^ Saw that stonie video.. crazy.
    It's honestly ASTOUNDING how many food challenges in San Diego have either been discontinued, or the actual places have been "closed - permanently" (on yelp). Literally every single entry on EatFeats has been this way for me.
    Regardless, the next one I'm doing should be interesting.
    Eatfeats is and has been outdated for SD for a year or more now. I went through every SoCal location from those I had done or checked on to send off to Randy Santel for his new and updated site FoodChallenges.com and he now has about 90% of them still active at present listed. He has a much more updated and revised listing of food challenges by city and zip then EatFeats does.

Eatfeats is better in one area only......they do good at listing upcoming 1 time food contests in the area.
    UNBA Men's Physique Athlete
    ProLab & Blueprint for Athletes Rep
    Good Eats Local San Diego Rep
    TrainFightRecover.com Co-Founder
    abetterbitesd.blogspot.com/p/who-am-i.html

oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    then my new found "unlisted challenge" after that. Would really like to see if I can get something named after myself. lol And it's awesome because little to
    no-one knows about it.
    I like how we think alike in this regard......23 of my challenge were formal, those designed and promoted by the venue, not me. however i have a few of my own put on at my own suggestion....see below...

stacked burger tower challenge (stacked fashion valley)
    kamikazee mega roll challenge (K7 sushi joint downtown) under new management, likely defunct)
    cafe 222 griddle gobbler challenge (cafe 222 downtown)
    uncle biff's ca killer cookies milk n cookie challenge (uncle biff's of hillcrest)
    lefty's chicago pizzeria gold coast challenge (leftys of mission hills)
    amigo spot eggsecutioner challenge (now made official) amigo spot mission valley
    hob nob hill cafe (replica challenge of batter up pancakes grand slam challenge in fresno) bankers hill

i cant boast any of these as true "wins" since no bar has been set other then to finish alone period. i set my own limit with management which was always 30-45 minute range. i mine as well enjoy the food vs inhale it like a pig.

cant hurt to ask these guys if you can try it as well?

i did these at these locations as i already had a crazy love for their foods as is so why not just ask and see if they would go for it......they did!

ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lumberyard Tavern’s 4x4 Burger Challenge!

The Location:
    Lumberyard Tavern, in Encinitas CA

The Challenge:
    Four 1/2 lb. patties, four slices of cheese, four pieces of bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onions & pickles, topped with a fried egg, on a pretzel roll, surrounded by 1 lb. of fries.
    NO MODIFICATIONS!
    NO SUBSTITUTIONS!
    NO UTENSILS!
    NO NAPKINS!
    Clean your plate in 30 minutes or less to be crowned 4X4 CHAMPION!

The prize:
    Picture with 4X4 trophy
    Your own plaque on 4X4 trophy (I didn’t get this)
    A feature on our website and ******** page (or this)

The meal free
    Commemorative T-shirt given only to our Champions! !

The Video
    NA

Final Thoughts:

What an AWESOME burger! After my last challenge at Nicky Rottens I KNEW I had to have another burger challenge. I was driving by this place and thought “Hey, why not?” , so I went in and DEMOLISHED this one and ended up SETTING THE NEW RECORD @ 10 minutes and 42 seconds! (which is when my girlfriend stopped out timer. I didn’t feel like this one was anything substantial at all, honestly.. I think I could’ve taken down two of the suckers. I was very surprised at how relaxed and non-chalont the entire staff was as I took this challenge, it was honestly a little bit un settling. I went in and stated that I wanted to do it, and my server simply brought it out (a bit rude), set the timer to 30 minutes to count down.. and I started. Only a few people came over to observe.

As I came down to the end, the manager came over and looked absolutely SHOCKED as the timer only read ~9 minutes. The sweet potato fries were amazing here, but honestly the best part of the burger was the bacon on the inside! The patties were cooked perfectly, but the fried egg was a bit off putting.

Again, this wasn’t really anything substantial.. My NEXT few challenges will be great! And I look forward to them!

The Pictures:

The Burger

Starting off!

Finishing!

The Trophies

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sp Fries FTW
    the more you do burger challenges the easier they get IMO
    2lbs is a walk in the park, Kudos brother.

Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Sp Fries FTW
    the more you do burger challenges the easier they get IMO
    2lbs is a walk in the park, Kudos brother.
    x2. Good work, E.
    "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

"The training is nothing. The will is everything."

"What you see in the mirror is not what you will see forever. That goes for what you like and what you don't. Everything is constantly changing" - Rodzilla

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158783463&p=1175110853#post1175110853

^ Definitely agree on the sweet potato fries.
    From now on I'll be asking for them > normal fries. (Unless home fries are an option).

It was honestly a bit upsetting, after I took it down I contemplated asking for another one. Would've been cool to down two. I was hungry an hour or so later, downed 1.2kcals before I went to sleep. lol
    It's a bit unsettling to see/find out that a food challenge probably worth 5kcals isnt enough to fill me up. Oh well, lol.

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From now on I'll be asking for them > normal fries. (Unless home fries are an option).

It was honestly a bit upsetting, after I took it down I contemplated asking for another one. Would've been cool to down two. I was hungry an hour or so later, downed 1.2kcals before I went to sleep. lol
    It's a bit unsettling to see/find out that a food challenge probably worth 5kcals isnt enough to fill me up. Oh well, lol.
    Wrecked that burger though, congrats!

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

when you are not eating micronutrient dense food it wont be very filling.

Chef Bob: "when you are not eating micronutrient dense food it wont be very filling."

So very true!

When I did the mega blowout burrito in Santee at K39 Taco Shop last May they list exactly what is in the burrito by weight of ingredient. Its 6lb to the dot and I weighed it upon serving for the video feature and got the same thing so they dont bull**** you. I finished it in 20 minutes. Days later I did the math and found it had 4,450 calories give or take. I was full yes but not close to stuffed. I ate 1 meal before the burrito and 2 more meals later that day of good size yet as well. Prior to this I figured it was calorie density that dictated consumption limits when in fact (and through talks with Randy) that is not at all true but rather volume capacity is and how complaint you stomach is to expansion (coupled with ability to tolerate some pain). Calories mean almost nothing and through many more challenges since then I found this to be very true.

from the email the owner sent me it had:

cheddar cheese
    steak
    chicken
    pork
    fries
    fresh guac
    black beans
    flour tortillas
    salsa
    mole sauce
    sour cream

burrito.jpg

^ was so bummed to hear that it closed down.

Would've wrecked that thing.

^^

So that really got me thinking..
    Well, after watching some Randy Santell videos last night. How many actual kcals are absorbed after taking down these challenges. Personally, I still believe that most are absorbed.. however I feel that the bigger the challenge and the bigger the amount of food that's ingested.. the more likely that excess kcals won't be absorbed. (not sure if I'm wording that properly, I had an early morning today, lol).

2lb burger plus 1lb fries (Probably 4-5kcals)... obviously is going to get absorbed more efficiently by the body
    6-7lb burrito (or something over 9-10k cals)....???

Reason I ask is because I can't find much talk/discussion on it on the net, I'm genuinely curious. As I may try altering my strategy going into my future eating challenges, as I'm highly active and usually train on days I do challenges.
    After the Nicky Rottens burger challenge, I woke up -1lb lighter. But then again, that was most likely due to water loss from the ride that day.. as I rode ~55-56 miles.

*shrug*

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always wandered this as well....say you do a food challenge and eat like 10k calories, do you really absorb all 10k calories? I'd assume that if you went about eating normally again and randy mentioned about eating fiber supps would that push it out before you could absorb everything? doesnt food normally last around 24hrs in your small/large intestine?
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

I'd imagine that it would depend on the content; more fat/protein dense meal (burger patty for example) may get less digested before it gets expended, while a more bready meal would break down faster and more would be absorbed.

Interesting topic though; I bet most is used by the body but in a day or so it could only realistically break down so much.

Randy Santel wrecking a big ass burger, impressive speed to say the least.

Originally Posted by jubjubrsx View Post
    I've always wandered this as well....say you do a food challenge and eat like 10k calories, do you really absorb all 10k calories? I'd assume that if you went about eating normally again and randy mentioned about eating fiber supps would that push it out before you could absorb everything? doesnt food normally last around 24hrs in your small/large intestine?
    No, Pete has talked about this in a lot of vlogs from the past. Do you think the human body can input all those hot dogs on july 4th? not so much lol.
    To know the true amount would be unkown, but the human body could never process that many kcals in a sitting (upward to 4-5k or so) no set limit but that would vary on the individual their size, weight etc.

Well...

I guess it's time to start experimenting!

jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ I'd also think that its not so much of the calories you intake during a challenge but wouldn't just the expansion of your stomach in a sense be the biggest problem? if your stomach expands out you would have to eat more on average to feel satisfied IE higher kcals, or just go around constantly hungry.
    Just say no to Carbs

^^ I'd also think that its not so much of the calories you intake during a challenge but wouldn't just the expansion of your stomach in a sense be the biggest problem? if your stomach expands out you would have to eat more on average to feel satisfied IE higher kcals, or just go around constantly hungry.

From my understanding, death or serious injury from stomach expansion(s) / stomach rupturing is extremely rare.

From my understanding, death or serious injury from stomach expansion(s) / stomach rupturing is extremely rare.
    Aware me if I'm wrong but wouldn't your stomach expand out a bit by doing food challenges? I mean I'd be curious to see like matt stonie or joey chesnuts stomach now vs if they never got into competative eating.
    Just say no to Carbs

Aware me if I'm wrong but wouldn't your stomach expand out a bit by doing food challenges? I mean I'd be curious to see like matt stonie or joey chesnuts stomach now vs if they never got into competative eating.

Lol, yeah? I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

Lol, yeah? I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

[youtube]lhQW95d-sEw[/]
    Guess what im trying to get at is that....basically I think I'm trying to say that say just on average and to make this easy your stomach has a 50ml (thank you google). but with doing eating challenges and such you expand it out slowly which would prevent any busting problems and it goes from 50ml to 55ml.....to 60ml, and so on...it goes slowly and doesnt happen overnight you know and your body could handle it. so eventually your stomach capacity would end up being like 75-100ml range, it would in a sense take alot more food for you to even feel full. so now your stomach has filled out to twice what it used to be so to feel full you will have to eat twice what your normally would have in the past. think of the people who get bands or gastric bypasses and lose the weight cause their stomach capacity is so small but then fall off the band wagon and get fat again because they stretch out their new (second) stomach again. does that make sense?
    Just say no to Carbs

Guess what im trying to get at is that....basically I think I'm trying to say that say just on average and to make this easy your stomach has a 50ml (thank you google). but with doing eating challenges and such you expand it out slowly which would prevent any busting problems and it goes from 50ml to 55ml.....to 60ml, and so on...it goes slowly and doesnt happen overnight you know and your body could handle it. so eventually your stomach capacity would end up being like 75-100ml range, it would in a sense take alot more food for you to even feel full. so now your stomach has filled out to twice what it used to be so to feel full you will have to eat twice what your normally would have in the past. think of the people who get bands or gastric bypasses and lose the weight cause their stomach capacity is so small but then fall off the band wagon and get fat again because they stretch out their new (second) stomach again. does that make sense?

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A while back there was discussion about the upper limit of calories you can consume in a day before the body stops absorbing them. I remember the number quoted was ~15,000 kcal or so, and it was linked to discussion from an even older thread (thread I'm thinking was months, maybe a year old, and the link to the older thread was maybe a couple years). There might have been a study referenced, or maybe just an article or something... but IIRC there was some sort of source, just not sure on the reliability/legitimacy.

I'm sure if you have great search function skills you'd be able to find what I'm talking about... I'm just too lazy. And this is a vague memory so it might not be exactly what I said.

And Erik, IIRC I'm pretty sure the people talked about were bikers (bicycle)... but again, I might be wrong lol...

Originally Posted by cls91 View Post

And Erik, IIRC I'm pretty sure the people talked about were bikers (bicycle)... but again, I might be wrong lol...

Meaning they were the subjects studied? Or the people in the thread?

Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Crucifist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    A while back there was discussion about the upper limit of calories you can consume in a day before the body stops absorbing them. I remember the number quoted was ~15,000 kcal or so, and it was linked to discussion from an even older thread (thread I'm thinking was months, maybe a year old, and the link to the older thread was maybe a couple years). There might have been a study referenced, or maybe just an article or something... but IIRC there was some sort of source, just not sure on the reliability/legitimacy.

I'm sure if you have great search function skills you'd be able to find what I'm talking about... I'm just too lazy. And this is a vague memory so it might not be exactly what I said.

I know what you're talking about, though I had thought the number was 10,000 vs. 15,000. Even so, there was literature to support the idea of an upper limit. Essentially past a certain point your body expels the excess energy in the stool. It's a pretty steep number though. It may or may not have been linked through Lyle Mcdonald's website or forums. I know he has an article about it, but looking on that page it does not seem to have the link to the stuff I am thinking of. Generally speaking he tends to cite reliable/credible science even if you don't like the guy personally. If I end up finding it again I'll link it.
    Last edited by Crucifist; 11-05-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."

"The training is nothing. The will is everything."

"What you see in the mirror is not what you will see forever. That goes for what you like and what you don't. Everything is constantly changing" - Rodzilla

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158783463&p=1175110853#post1175110853

^

I'll be looking for it. Seems really interesting.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stonie wins 2014 World Twinkie Eating Championship
    -Bears- -Blackhawks- -Bulls- -Whitesox-
    2015 NXT WBG Gold Medalist---- 2015 WWE WBG Bronze Medalist
    #1 in the World for Modern Warfare 3 in Demolition
    Former Halo 3 Pro Gamer
    #1 In class in High School
    NO Count Crew

Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    Stonie wins 2014 World Twinkie Eating Championship
    Was good to hear about that, the last one was close so I figured he may take it this time.