Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1552
    hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tank2003 View Post
    If you feel it when you sit, then its likely due to tight glutes and/or low back muscles. I'm assuming you do a lot of sitting?
    Yes, I sit alot... Too much. Is that the cause to this? Do you still recommended me doing the earlier video exercises?

N = R * fp * ne * fl * fi tank2003's Avatar
    tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hidingwithmusic View Post
    Yes, I sit alot... Too much. Is that the cause to this? Do you still recommended me doing the earlier video exercises?
    Yes it is most likely the cause. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you cant touch your toes (with your knees locked)? If not, you should regularly work to be able to do so. Your low back muscles, gluts, hamstrings and calves are all in the same kinetic chain (posterior chain). When you work a desk job, or job where you sit a lot, it screws with your posture badly. You can get caveman posture, where your head begins to stay "pulled" forward and your shoulders become rounded (from typing on a keyboard). When you stay in certain positions for long periods of time, muscle fibers can actually shorten and tighten. This can happen in the chest/delts (which pulls the shoulders forward) as well as the from of the neck (pulls the head forward and the jaw down).

When seated, the glutes stretch because of the angle your hip is at, but the hamstrings dont until you extend your knee joint. If you have to sit when working then you have to sit. If you have no other option, then get up and stretch a bit once every hour. As for the video, yes. Give it a shot.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    -Dr. Jordan Peterson Sept 2017
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hidingwithmusic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes it is most likely the cause. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you cant touch your toes (with your knees locked)? If not, you should regularly work to be able to do so. Your low back muscles, gluts, hamstrings and calves are all in the same kinetic chain (posterior chain). When you work a desk job, or job where you sit a lot, it screws with your posture badly. You can get caveman posture, where your head begins to stay "pulled" forward and your shoulders become rounded (from typing on a keyboard). When you stay in certain positions for long periods of time, muscle fibers can actually shorten and tighten. This can happen in the chest/delts (which pulls the shoulders forward) as well as the from of the neck (pulls the head forward and the jaw down).

When seated, the glutes stretch because of the angle your hip is at, but the hamstrings dont until you extend your knee joint. If you have to sit when working then you have to sit. If you have no other option, then get up and stretch a bit once every hour. As for the video, yes. Give it a shot.
    I'm thinking about doing the videos and not sitting down as much as I can everyday. Would that work better? How long until I can feel good again?

tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tank2003 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm thinking about doing the videos and not sitting down as much as I can everyday. Would that work better? How long until I can feel good again?
    Id say you should start to notice a difference in 2-3 weeks if not sooner. Try taking NSAIDs as well
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.” - The Nameless City by HP Lovecraft
    "The higher the prevalence of infectious diseases the higher the probability of totalitarian political attitudes."
    "The search for a moral equivalent of war continues to define American Liberalism to this day."

What's the reason for this area to be tight? I feel pain only in that one spot of my leg. Are there stretches for it? thanks

What's the reason for this area to be tight? I feel pain only in that one spot of my leg. Are there stretches for it? thanks
    When do you feel the tightness? What aggravates and eases the tightness? How much time per day do you spend on your feet and do you have tight hamstrings/lower back?

When do you feel the tightness? What aggravates and eases the tightness? How much time per day do you spend on your feet and do you have tight hamstrings/lower back?
    I feel the tightness mostly when I'm laying down. I've had this most of my life. Right now I'm mostly laying down most of the day. I feel tightness in hamstring/groin in same leg.

I feel the tightness mostly when I'm laying down. I've had this most of my life. Right now I'm mostly laying down most of the day. I feel tightness in hamstring/groin in same leg.
    Hmm....This is a WILD shot in the dark, but it sounds maybe your posterior chain is just too tight, mainly your calves and your plantaris muscle, which is a small strap muscle on the back of the thigh close to the knee. When the calves and the hamstrings (along with the plantaris) are too tight, they contract a bit, which plantar flexes the foot and stretches the tibialis anterior (the muscle over the shin). When you get up and walk, the calves and tibialis anterior do their normal thing again, which can aggravate and initiate shin splints and/or similar symptoms.

I thought maybe somethign similar to shin splints could be at play, play with shin splints (thought to be caused by inflammation + small microscopic tears in the fascia), the entire muscle is sore and its usually towards the inside or outside. Since the tightness is in one specific part, that is more indicative of a stress fracture. However, since yous aid it isnt painful, i am kind of doubting that is it either.

So my best guess is tight calves and hams. Work on stretching those a few times a day and see what happens. Start by rolling your bare foot over a tennis ball. This will relax the tendons and ligaments in your feet. Once they relax, it will help your calves relax a bit so you can stretch them easier. Relax calves help the hams relax a bit, then you to the glutes then up to the low back. Take a 1-2 minute break then start stretching from the low back and work your way back down and repeat as many times as necessary.

Also, do you sleep with your feet under the covers? If so, then the sheets and covers could be pulling your feet into a plantar flexed position, which isnt natural and is contributing to the tightness in your posterior chain. Try sleeping with your feet out from under the covers and which a pillow or two under your knees. Pillows under your knees redistributes your center of gravity and moves it upwards from where your low back meets your pelvic girdle up a few inches. This is much more biomechanically advantageous

RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Recently I've become interested in the longevity of my body in terms of muscles/joints/bones.

I workout consistently 5 times a week at a fairly moderate intensity, but getting sick made me kind of take my long term health more seriously.

What do you suggest to do in terms of exercise to strengthen my body for the long term so I dont have a bad back/leg etc when i'm older.

Are there any exercises you recommend avoiding ?

Any tips ?
    I'll see you on Mount Olympus

Hmm....This is a WILD shot in the dark, but it sounds maybe your posterior chain is just too tight, mainly your calves and your plantaris muscle, which is a small strap muscle on the back of the thigh close to the knee. When the calves and the hamstrings (along with the plantaris) are too tight, they contract a bit, which plantar flexes the foot and stretches the tibialis anterior (the muscle over the shin). When you get up and walk, the calves and tibialis anterior do their normal thing again, which can aggravate and initiate shin splints and/or similar symptoms.

I thought maybe somethign similar to shin splints could be at play, play with shin splints (thought to be caused by inflammation + small microscopic tears in the fascia), the entire muscle is sore and its usually towards the inside or outside. Since the tightness is in one specific part, that is more indicative of a stress fracture. However, since yous aid it isnt painful, i am kind of doubting that is it either.

So my best guess is tight calves and hams. Work on stretching those a few times a day and see what happens. Start by rolling your bare foot over a tennis ball. This will relax the tendons and ligaments in your feet. Once they relax, it will help your calves relax a bit so you can stretch them easier. Relax calves help the hams relax a bit, then you to the glutes then up to the low back. Take a 1-2 minute break then start stretching from the low back and work your way back down and repeat as many times as necessary.

Also, do you sleep with your feet under the covers? If so, then the sheets and covers could be pulling your feet into a plantar flexed position, which isnt natural and is contributing to the tightness in your posterior chain. Try sleeping with your feet out from under the covers and which a pillow or two under your knees. Pillows under your knees redistributes your center of gravity and moves it upwards from where your low back meets your pelvic girdle up a few inches. This is much more biomechanically advantageous
    Would a tiger tail massage stick help?

Would a tiger tail massage stick help?
    to be honest, i have no idea.

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hey tank, so i think i figured out whey protein causes my migraines. i haven't used it in 6 weeks and didn't get a single migraine, but last week i tried using it again and the day after i woke up with a migraine and started vomiting, also i drank milk the day before, so i think it was definitely dairy products causing my migraines. so i'm going to try stopping whey protein for a long time. do you recommend any alternatives? i'm thinking soy protein would be the next cheaper alternative but idk about soy for bodybuilding. also looking at beef protein but looks a little expensive. 1lb for 40 bucks. will most likely go with beef protein, as i probably only need a couple scoops a week. maybe 4-5 scoops a week.

i do eat a lot of meat, but it gets too expensive, i can't really afford to eat a good amount of meat everyday, and i end up not hitting my protein targets.
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

The.Ankh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey,

What are the key exercises to strengthen the core?

And lower back tightness (hard to put socks on in the morning) which stretches are best to rectify?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by 2RDEYE View Post
    hey tank, so i think i figured out whey protein causes my migraines. i haven't used it in 6 weeks and didn't get a single migraine, but last week i tried using it again and the day after i woke up with a migraine and started vomiting, also i drank milk the day before, so i think it was definitely dairy products causing my migraines. so i'm going to try stopping whey protein for a long time. do you recommend any alternatives? i'm thinking soy protein would be the next cheaper alternative but idk about soy for bodybuilding. also looking at beef protein but looks a little expensive. 1lb for 40 bucks. will most likely go with beef protein, as i probably only need a couple scoops a week. maybe 4-5 scoops a week.

i do eat a lot of meat, but it gets too expensive, i can't really afford to eat a good amount of meat everyday, and i end up not hitting my protein targets.
    Are you lactose intolerant? It's something that a LOT of people will become as we get older (if we arent already). I dont think i've ever heard of whey causing allergy like symptoms but of course, it is possible. You could try taking an antihistamine about 30 min before you take in whey. If its an allergic reaction then it COULD work.

Protein supps arent at all necessary for lifting. If you get a well rounded daily intake and meet your kcals that way, then you dont need supps. Supps are for supplementation when you CANT get your full macros anyway or when you are deficient in something.

As far as getting protein without supps, there are PLENTY of options to choose from that a lot of people dont often think about because they think beef is king. Pork is actually the best source for protein but it gets a bad wrap because of bacon and the salt/fat content it has. If you buy pork chops or pork loins (especially in bulk, cook then freeze), then you've got a great start to a meal. There is always tuna (i always get tuna packed in water. Tuna in oil grosses me out) packets and the various kinds of canned tuna. Albacore (IIRC) is probably the best (nutritionally).

Then there are beans. Black/kidney beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas all have really high protein counts as well as fiber. One of my go to easy as fuk meals is brown rice, quinoa, meat protein, black beans, cheese (parm is lactose free i believe but all cheese has whey), and some kind of sauce. I have a $30 rice cooker so its easy as fuk. I buy big bags of rice for a few $$, cans on cans on cans of black beans and tuna, and mix up the meat protein and sauces. You can even throw some veggies in there. I add spinach, carrots, edamame, sometimes brocc. I really hate veggoes so its not often that I do though but mixing them in with a huge concoction is abotu the only way i'll eat them.

As far as replacing whey powder, there is hemp, pea, brown rice, egg white and blended plant proteins. I havent a clue what the pricing is on them or how they taste though. I would imagine they are mostly unflavored and not nearly as cheap but there may be a trade off in grams of protein vs bio-availability vs BCAA mg per gram

Personally, i would just try to get everything via diet and use supps sparingly. MUCH cheaper in the long run

Originally Posted by The.Ankh View Post
    Hey,

What are the key exercises to strengthen the core?

And lower back tightness (hard to put socks on in the morning) which stretches are best to rectify?

Thanks in advance
    If putting on socks in the AM is hard, then try getting up and moving around for a bit first to get the blood flowing again. Up until about the age of 10 years old (give or take a few years), we have blood vessels that supply blood to and from the discs in our backs. In addition to blood flow, this also moves waste out as well. After about the age of 10, the vessels disappear and we can only move nutrients into the discs and wast out via movement. The more movement, the better the blood flow. The better the blood flow, the more "pliable" the muscles will become.

The Core is a group of muscles that surround the abdomen and are made up of:
    -Rectus Abdominis (the abs)
    -Transversus
    -Internal & external Obliques
    -Erector Spinae (the collective name for the various low back muscles)
    -multifidus (runs parallel with the spine on either side up to the middle back)
    -Pelvic Floor Muscles

Depending on who you ask, some might say that the Latissimus Dorsi and the Serratus Anterior also fit in this group, but i do not consider them to since their primary funtion acts on the humerus and not the low back

You cant really ISO any one specific muscle so, for instance, when you do a sit up, you work the abs, the obliques, the transversus. When you perform a back extension, you work the erector spinae and the multifidus.

Stretching
    You really need to do full body stretches. The reason is because you probably have both tight hamstrings and glutes. The low back, glutes, hamstrings, and calves are in the same kinetic chains. WHen one is tight, they all tend to be tight. When one is injured, the rest work harder to compensate. It is even possible to have a stiff neck that is caused by tension in the mid scapular region that stems from a tight low back. Rather than go type out lengthy explanations of stretches then exercises, i'm just going to post some videos. Good luck brother and feel free to ask questions! (if you look into stretching on your own, then i suggest yoga stretches)

Strengthening

2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2RDEYE has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you lactose intolerant? It's something that a LOT of people will become as we get older (if we arent already). I dont think i've ever heard of whey causing allergy like symptoms but of course, it is possible. You could try taking an antihistamine about 30 min before you take in whey. If its an allergic reaction then it COULD work.

Protein supps arent at all necessary for lifting. If you get a well rounded daily intake and meet your kcals that way, then you dont need supps. Supps are for supplementation when you CANT get your full macros anyway or when you are deficient in something.

As far as getting protein without supps, there are PLENTY of options to choose from that a lot of people dont often think about because they think beef is king. Pork is actually the best source for protein but it gets a bad wrap because of bacon and the salt/fat content it has. If you buy pork chops or pork loins (especially in bulk, cook then freeze), then you've got a great start to a meal. There is always tuna (i always get tuna packed in water. Tuna in oil grosses me out) packets and the various kinds of canned tuna. Albacore (IIRC) is probably the best (nutritionally).

Then there are beans. Black/kidney beans, lentils, peas, chickpeas all have really high protein counts as well as fiber. One of my go to easy as fuk meals is brown rice, quinoa, meat protein, black beans, cheese (parm is lactose free i believe but all cheese has whey), and some kind of sauce. I have a $30 rice cooker so its easy as fuk. I buy big bags of rice for a few $$, cans on cans on cans of black beans and tuna, and mix up the meat protein and sauces. You can even throw some veggies in there. I add spinach, carrots, edamame, sometimes brocc. I really hate veggoes so its not often that I do though but mixing them in with a huge concoction is abotu the only way i'll eat them.

As far as replacing whey powder, there is hemp, pea, brown rice, egg white and blended plant proteins. I havent a clue what the pricing is on them or how they taste though. I would imagine they are mostly unflavored and not nearly as cheap but there may be a trade off in grams of protein vs bio-availability vs BCAA mg per gram

Personally, i would just try to get everything via diet and use supps sparingly. MUCH cheaper in the long run
    yeah I think I did get lactose intolerant. well... milk and whey makes my body uncomfortable now, and it seemed to cause my migraines and vomitting. so i'm just going to stop that.

i'm going to try that egg white protein powder. thanks for that recommendation.

food is too expensive here in canada to eat a good amount of meat everyday. well that or i dont make enough lol
    There is only one Hell: the one we live in now.

BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000) BrocepCurls is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how do i big bicepts

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BrocepCurls View Post
    how do i big bicepts
    Full range of motion and squeeze on every rep brah.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    sup OP?

partially dislocated my left shoulder today while doing DB shoulder press. last time it happened was 5 years ago and i was back to normal until today.

what exercises would you recommend for recovery and strengthening the stabilizer muscles? when can i realistically start doing heavy press exercises again (specifically bench, gonna stay away from DB shoulder press for a loooong time lol) and what should i do going forward to make sure this never happens again?
    "Psai is the love child of Rick Ross, Ghandi and Oz" - Phoenix9369

"you are going to be an excellent father, loving husband, and an unselfish lover one day" - TellitAgain

"You'll always be my favorite CEO. Always." - Tweedurr

"I have big respect for any young man as hard working as Psai" - Motiviert

Originally Posted by psai View Post
    sup OP?

partially dislocated my left shoulder today while doing DB shoulder press. last time it happened was 5 years ago and i was back to normal until today.

what exercises would you recommend for recovery and strengthening the stabilizer muscles? when can i realistically start doing heavy press exercises again (specifically bench, gonna stay away from DB shoulder press for a loooong time lol) and what should i do going forward to make sure this never happens again?
    Which phase of the press did this happen? Eccentric or concentric? Any idea what went wrong?

The shoulder is THE MOST unstable joint in the human body. Its actually the same type of joint as the hip (ball & socket joint), but the hip is biomechanically designed (or evolved if you will) better. Anyway, the shoulder has 4 small muscles that keep the humerus in its socket with the shoulder. And that is the Rotator cuff muscles. They are small, weak and fatigue easily so its pretty important that you train them regularly.

be careful when you sleep so that you dont sleep on that injured shoulder. take it easy for a few weeks and reduce the weight

You can continue doing shoulder presses, just make sure your elbows are pointing forward rather than out. At the very most, they should only flare out at 45 degrees. And always....ALWAYS use slow and controlled reps. FOr exercises like bench press and shoulder press, when you switch between eccentric and concentric phases, if you dont pause and just blast through it, then you can generate up to 4 times as much torque and that is pretty much taken out on your glenoid labrum and rotator cuffs. Any exercise where there is flexion and extension at the elbow, you should always tuck your elbows as much as you can. Bicep curls, tricep extensions, rows, BP, pull ups etc

psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Which phase of the press did this happen? Eccentric or concentric? Any idea what went wrong?

The shoulder is THE MOST unstable joint in the human body. Its actually the same type of joint as the hip (ball & socket joint), but the hip is biomechanically designed (or evolved if you will) better. Anyway, the shoulder has 4 small muscles that keep the humerus in its socket with the shoulder. And that is the Rotator cuff muscles. They are small, weak and fatigue easily so its pretty important that you train them regularly.

be careful when you sleep so that you dont sleep on that injured shoulder. take it easy for a few weeks and reduce the weight

You can continue doing shoulder presses, just make sure your elbows are pointing forward rather than out. At the very most, they should only flare out at 45 degrees. And always....ALWAYS use slow and controlled reps. FOr exercises like bench press and shoulder press, when you switch between eccentric and concentric phases, if you dont pause and just blast through it, then you can generate up to 4 times as much torque and that is pretty much taken out on your glenoid labrum and rotator cuffs. Any exercise where there is flexion and extension at the elbow, you should always tuck your elbows as much as you can. Bicep curls, tricep extensions, rows, BP, pull ups etc
    it happened at the bottom of the movement when i was trying to push back up. my arm ended up tilting backwards and the weight pulled it down and out of the socket. today was an off day at the gym but i tried to push through and work with my usual weights regardless. obviously that didn't end well lol.

thanks for all the advice man, i really appreciate it. i hope to be able to get back to normal within the next month or two. fingers crossed

"you are going to be an excellent father, loving husband, and an unselfish lover one day" - TellitAgain

it happened at the bottom of the movement when i was trying to push back up. my arm ended up tilting backwards and the weight pulled it down and out of the socket. today was an off day at the gym but i tried to push through and work with my usual weights regardless. obviously that didn't end well lol.

thanks for all the advice man, i really appreciate it. i hope to be able to get back to normal within the next month or two. fingers crossed
    Are you positive it dislocated? That sounds more like you externally rotated it under tension. Still probably injured your RC muscles though. Watch this and make SURE its your RC's

Are you positive it dislocated? That sounds more like you externally rotated it under tension. Still probably injured your RC muscles though. Watch this and make SURE its your RC's
    yup, my arm popped completely out of the socket and i could feel it. it was like that for like 10-15 seconds then i moved my shoulder around with my other hand and it popped back in.

yup, my arm popped completely out of the socket and i could feel it. it was like that for like 10-15 seconds then i moved my shoulder around with my other hand and it popped back in.
    Yikes. ive subluxated (or would it be subluxed?) my shoulders plenty of times but to my knowledge, i dont think ive ever had to pop it back in myself. I do recall it being sore for a loooooong time though

ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottsdaleDream is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BrocepCurls View Post
    how do i big bicepts
    u gotta lift a lot of stuff a certain way bro...

RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanT7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mfw when my post got ignored....feelsbadman
    I'll see you on Mount Olympus

Originally Posted by RyanT7 View Post
    Recently I've become interested in the longevity of my body in terms of muscles/joints/bones.

I workout consistently 5 times a week at a fairly moderate intensity, but getting sick made me kind of take my long term health more seriously.

What do you suggest to do in terms of exercise to strengthen my body for the long term so I dont have a bad back/leg etc when i'm older.

Are there any exercises you recommend avoiding ?

Any tips ?
    To slow/stop back problems, you need to train your core

The Core is a group of muscles that surround the abdomen and are made up of:
    -Rectus Abdominis (the abs)
    -Transversus
    -Internal & external Obliques
    -Erector Spinae (the collective name for the various low back muscles)
    -multifidus (runs parallel with the spine on either side up to the middle back)
    -Pelvic Floor Muscles

Depending on who you ask, some might say that the Latissimus Dorsi and the Serratus Anterior also fit in this group, but i do not consider them to since their primary funtion acts on the humerus and not the low back

Those are just beginner things to do and as you get stronger, you can throw in harder and harder exercises that make you work harder. The stronger your core is, the more stable your lower back will be and you'll be far less likely to experience run of the mill back pain and disc problems

Freedom's Last Hope™ EctoCanuck's Avatar
    EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EctoCanuck has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I read in Muscular Development Magazine years ago that the difference between free weight squat and Smith Machine Squat is that the free weights put more stress on your ankles and nothing else.

Since then I only squat with my Universal Machine.What do you think?

aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Heel pain, unable to balance when standing still, prefer to stand at one leg at a time. Is it spinal stenosis symptoms?

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One shoulder higher than the other. One shoulder way more developed than the other, pretty poor rear delt development on the less developed one and also have a hard time doing lateral raise without shrugging (on the less developed one). On the more developed shoulder, have poor stability at the top of any press (flat, incline, overhead, etc.). I do plenty of rear delt and rotator cuff work (cable pulls to the forward w/rotation). WTF is up with this?

Left quad's vastus medialis is slightly more developed than the right one. However, when doing high one-legged stepups, i shake like crazy at the top WITH THE LEFT leg. makes little sense to me. What gives?

Left bicep is way more flatter than the right and a little smaller and a rep or two weaker. hypextended that arm at the elbow some twelve years ago. that elbow also clicks every single time i curl (at the bicep tendon). Thoughts?
    Last edited by ArnoldHAMnEGGer; 10-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.