Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1088
    Kamlesh1336 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow Planking Ideas

The plank is one of the most common exercises in the gym, a super simple static hold that makes in appearance in just about every ab training program you're likely to encounter. Nearly everyone can get down on the floor, stretch themselves out, and hold in place, so the maneuver is a favorite for beginners. It's easy to level up for experts by adding movement or a load on your back. What's more, you're not just training your abs—your whole core, which includes the glutes and low back, too—are fully engaged.

But there's more that goes into the plank, if you want to make the most of the exercise. The key to your core training is in maintaining perfect form and discipline—which might be a bit tougher than you expect.

Counter to popular practice, you'll need to do more than just get onto your elbows and toes and wait for 30 seconds to reap the core-strengthening benefits of the plank. What's more, you can't just assume that the longer you hold a plank, the better for your core muscles.

Benefits of Doing Planks

The exercise is so effective because you're harnessing one of your core's most key functions: bracing. Bracing in this case refers to the act of creating stability between the shoulder and hips. This is done to create intra-abdominal pressure to protect your spine. The plank is also important because you'll want to recreate the same posture and position during other exercises, like squats and deadlifts.

For more information ...
    Watch the videos

*************.us/8204791
    *************.us/82047997280269

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Born2Fuark View Post
    I'll worry about that once any of my lifts include 45s lol

So I went back to bent over rows from t-bar. Much less weight and even then, my legs were shaking. Tough look.

Question: My workset weight is done with fixed barbells (20 lb to be exact). If I complete a cycle and need to go up 10% but that's only 2 pounds and the next fixed barbell is 10 pounds higher at 30. What do?

I guess the same question holds for my medium and light days. How do I account for my lifts only going down 2 pounds?

Sounds like I have 3 heavy days? Can't be right
    In your situation, ideally you want your heavy day to be 24lbs, then medium 22lbs, and light just your 20lb fix barbell. I would highly suggest making some 1.25lbs chain hoop weights that are held together with a cheap carabiner. 2 hoops would alow you to go up and down 2.5lbs. This will help later on once you are at a more normal lifting weight, as the percentages are going to be closer to moving up and down 5-10lbs for the bigger lifts.

If not you are going to have to use the allpro auto regulated variant(sticked in OP) for that lift till you can get to a usable heavy/medium/light using your currently availble gym equipement.

But shesh, i dont expect anyone to be starting with 55lbs for OHP to get to 50 for medium and just a bar 45lb bar for light day...

SCRAS is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just starting

After trawling various forums for a programme suitable for a 40-something year old who has been out of the gym for 10yrs, I have been consistently pointed to this allpro programme. So impressed and grateful that this programme is still supported by you nightanole after all this time!

I drifted away from resistance training for a good 10 years (stronglifts 5x5 being the programme I finished on), and after feeling weak and ‘floppy’ for too long have just got back into the gym.

My starting position was 172cm tall, 63.8kg light, and 14.5% body fat measured on my home scales.

My starting (heavy) weights for the programme are:
    Squat: 60kg
    Bench: 40kg
    BB Row: 40kg
    OHP: 20kg
    SLDL: 40kg

I have just completed the second workout (medium) in week 2. These heavy weights seem comfortably challenging across the board, so feeling confident I will pass cycle 1 while helping to firm up technique.

There were a couple aspects of the programme that I wasn’t 100% confident over, and would really appreciate some advice and guidance if possible…

1. By bf% was estimated to be 14.5 on my home scales. This looks to be about right, do you think?

2. Based on the above, and me being keen to increase size and strength, I decided not to cut to 13% bf but instead get straight into the bulk. Do you think this decision was ok, and do you see any issues with doing so?

3. I’m weighing myself first thing on Friday mornings. After week 1 my weight increased from 63.8kg to 64.6kg. By bf% according to my scales stayed at 14.5%. I know this bf% can not be correct, and feel slightly rounder. My daily calories was set at 2700 calories. For week 2 I have dropped this to 2500 calories given the week 1 weight gain. 130g of protein per day. Does this all sound sensible - continue to monitor weight gain and adjust calories as needed to be in line with your recommended cycle gains?

Super thankful in advance for any advice or thoughts on the above questions 🙏🏻

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SCRAS View Post
    After trawling various forums for a programme suitable for a 40-something year old who has been out of the gym for 10yrs, I have been consistently pointed to this allpro programme. So impressed and grateful that this programme is still supported by you nightanole after all this time!

I drifted away from resistance training for a good 10 years (stronglifts 5x5 being the programme I finished on), and after feeling weak and ‘floppy’ for too long have just got back into the gym.

My starting position was 172cm tall, 63.8kg light, and 14.5% body fat measured on my home scales.

My starting (heavy) weights for the programme are:
    Squat: 60kg
    Bench: 40kg
    BB Row: 40kg
    OHP: 20kg
    SLDL: 40kg

I have just completed the second workout (medium) in week 2. These heavy weights seem comfortably challenging across the board, so feeling confident I will pass cycle 1 while helping to firm up technique.

There were a couple aspects of the programme that I wasn’t 100% confident over, and would really appreciate some advice and guidance if possible…

1. By bf% was estimated to be 14.5 on my home scales. This looks to be about right, do you think?

2. Based on the above, and me being keen to increase size and strength, I decided not to cut to 13% bf but instead get straight into the bulk. Do you think this decision was ok, and do you see any issues with doing so?

3. I’m weighing myself first thing on Friday mornings. After week 1 my weight increased from 63.8kg to 64.6kg. By bf% according to my scales stayed at 14.5%. I know this bf% can not be correct, and feel slightly rounder. My daily calories was set at 2700 calories. For week 2 I have dropped this to 2500 calories given the week 1 weight gain. 130g of protein per day. Does this all sound sensible - continue to monitor weight gain and adjust calories as needed to be in line with your recommended cycle gains?

Super thankful in advance for any advice or thoughts on the above questions 🙏🏻
    The electrute scales may not be correct as "total". However if you constistantly weight yourself at the same time of day every week in the same condition, they are very accurate for measuring changes. So if every friday you measure yourself with a dry body and before coffee, its going to be accurate week to week for changes. However if some fridays you take a shower in the morning, or thrusday night is taco/beer fest every 3 weeks, its not going to be accurate for changes.

Starting on a bulk is fine for everyone, you can bulk to 18-20% if you want. But this is a body building routine, not "max weight for football tryouts" so its more motovating to go lean first, vs just watching your meat tubes get thicker but your belly not disapearing.

As for point 3. With any massive program change(or just starting one) your muscles will suck in a lot of water for about the first six weeks as a defence mechanism. Technically theses are "gainz" since it does help with recovery and endurance. But once you have adapted to the program you will find you will drop that massive amount of water weight.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    The electrute scales may not be correct as "total". However if you constistantly weight yourself at the same time of day every week in the same condition, they are very accurate for measuring changes. So if every friday you measure yourself with a dry body and before coffee, its going to be accurate week to week for changes. However if some fridays you take a shower in the morning, or thrusday night is taco/beer fest every 3 weeks, its not going to be accurate for changes.

Starting on a bulk is fine for everyone, you can bulk to 18-20% if you want. But this is a body building routine, not "max weight for football tryouts" so its more motovating to go lean first, vs just watching your meat tubes get thicker but your belly not disapearing.

As for point 3. With any massive program change(or just starting one) your muscles will suck in a lot of water for about the first six weeks as a defence mechanism. Technically theses are "gainz" since it does help with recovery and endurance. But once you have adapted to the program you will find you will drop that massive amount of water weight.
    Wonderful, thank you for your reply nightanole 🙏🏻

I hadn’t appreciated the water weight at the start of a programme change. In light of this, would you continue with the previous 2700 daily calories, or drop a couple hundred and see what happens?

Also, how would you anticipate the water disappearing after the ~6 weeks? Would this be a gradual thing….and maybe manifest as smaller weight gain over a cycle, for example?

Thanks again 🙏🏻

Originally Posted by SCRAS View Post
    Wonderful, thank you for your reply nightanole

I hadn’t appreciated the water weight at the start of a programme change. In light of this, would you continue with the previous 2700 daily calories, or drop a couple hundred and see what happens?

Also, how would you anticipate the water disappearing after the ~6 weeks? Would this be a gradual thing….and maybe manifest as smaller weight gain over a cycle, for example?

Thanks again
    The starting diet is the min to perform, undereating much beyond that and performance suffers. Basically keep fat and protein fixed, and adjust carbs as needed for recovery and performance. The min is around 2100 cals for someone around 167cm. Like wise if you are well over 6ft its going to closer to 2700.

The instant water wet gains are hit or miss. You might gain 1-2kg in the first week, and magically not gain any weight for 10 weeks, but be significantly stronger. Others will lose it just as fast as they gained it around 6 weeks, but look less bloated so it looks like they gained some muscle definition.

The starting diet is the min to perform, undereating much beyond that and performance suffers. Basically keep fat and protein fixed, and adjust carbs as needed for recovery and performance. The min is around 2100 cals for someone around 167cm. Like wise if you are well over 6ft its going to closer to 2700.

The instant water wet gains are hit or miss. You might gain 1-2kg in the first week, and magically not gain any weight for 10 weeks, but be significantly stronger. Others will lose it just as fast as they gained it around 6 weeks, but look less bloated so it looks like they gained some muscle definition.
    Super, thank you again! Perhaps 2700 was too high for 172cm, so I’ll sit on 2500 and see how things continue.

Looking forwards to the journey.

Originally Posted by mangamonster View Post
    Hi. Do you want to caculate the calories of what you eat a day? Go to mangamonster.net to do it easier and faster.
    Hi, thank you for the recommendation. I am using the free version of the MyNetDiary app that I am finding really easy to use, with bar code scanner etc.

My question was more about the number of calories to consume, for a bulk, given my vital stats!

Thanks again!

jinxarelush is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Night, I know about the programs you recommend to us once we graduate from Allpros but what would you do to make Allpros work for a intermediate/advanced lifter who likes the exercise layout? more weeks to accumulate volume before a test day? amrap sets on light days? >10% bumps in weight at the end of a cycle?
    Last edited by jinxarelush; 09-06-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Originally Posted by jinxarelush View Post
    Night, I know about the programs you recommend to us once we graduate from Allpros but what would you do to make Allpros work for a intermediate/advanced lifter who likes the exercise layout? more weeks to accumulate volume before a test day? amrap sets on light days? >10% bumps in weight at the end of a cycle?
    You would have to rig up allpro to account for 10% progression per year vs per 5 weeks, and figure out how to increase volume 50-100%. And you would have to figure out how to not end up working at 70% of your 1rm CONSTANTLY in order to not end up with connective tissue inflammation.

The easiest way to extend allpro is to switch to the auto regulated version, and do it 4x a week. Odds are the "right" pattern would be On/On/Off/On/On/Off/Off, aka two back to back sessions per week.

But honestly its just impossible to make an allpro like session for a 5-10 year lifter. They are not going to be squatting 3-4x a week, they are certainly not going to be doing any type of deadlift 3-4x per week.

An old joke was if you take a true intermediate lifter, and put him on a normal 5x5 beginner routine with a working weight of 80% of 1rm, with zero progression, hes going to put himself in the hospital in a week or two.

Finally, i recommended to graduate to new "patterns". You can still do all the allpro lifts, you will be just doing different lifting patterns and progression. You will still be doing full body 3x a week if you switch to greyskull or any other pattern, you just wont be doing the exact same back squat sets/reps 3x a week.

I never got into the Heavy Light Medium pattern, but that is an intermediate pattern. Its meant to be "dual recovery". Basically heavy day burns out your cns but is very light on volume/reps, so while your cns is recovery you do a hgih volume light day which fatigues you and the working weight may be the last warmup weight of heavy day, and then you finish out the week with a standard workout in a fatigued state like medium day of allpro.

Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100) Leonardbrit is not very well liked. (-100)
    You would have to rig up allpro to account for 10% progression per year vs per 5 weeks, and figure out how to increase volume 50-100%. And you would have to figure out how to not end up working at 70% of your 1rm CONSTANTLY in order to not end up with connective tissue inflammation.

The easiest way to extend allpro is to switch to the auto regulated version, and do it 4x a week. Odds are the "right" pattern would be On/On/Off/On/On/Off/Off, aka two back to back sessions per week.

But honestly its just impossible to make an allpro like session for a 5-10 year lifter. They are not going to be squatting 3-4x a week, they are certainly not going to be doing any type of deadlift 3-4x per week.

An old joke was if you take a true intermediate lifter, and put him on a normal 5x5 beginner routine with a working weight of 80% of 1rm, with zero progression, hes going to put himself in the hospital in a week or two.

Finally, i recommended to graduate to new "patterns". You can still do all the allpro lifts, you will be just doing different lifting patterns and progression. You will still be doing full body 3x a week if you switch to greyskull or any other pattern, you just wont be doing the exact same back squat sets/reps 3x a week.

I never got into the Heavy Light Medium pattern, but that is an intermediate pattern. Its meant to be "dual recovery". Basically heavy day burns out your cns but is very light on volume/reps, so while your cns is recovery you do a hgih volume light day which fatigues you and the working weight may be the last warmup weight of heavy day, and then you finish out the week with a standard workout in a fatigued state like medium day of allpro.
    cool thx
    This workout targets multiple muscle groups and provides a good full-body workout. Remember to start at your own pace and gradually increase the intensity and repetitions as you become more comfortable with the exercises here: essaysrescue.com/essaykeeper-review/. Proper form is essential to prevent injury, so pay attention to your technique. Additionally, staying hydrated and maintaining a balanced diet will complement your fitness routine. Enjoy your workout journey!
    Last edited by Leonardbrit; 09-10-2023 at 08:33 AM. Reason: more correct punctuation

Born2Fuark is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder pain

Getting some rotator cuff/shoulder pain with flat bench

This happened the last time I tried All pro, thought it was because of upright rows but this go round I skipped them so it's bench since that's where I feel the pain first during the workout.

Read that I can't switch to incline bench cuz OHP.

Any tips?

Yes, I'm working on better bench form.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This happened the last time I tried All pro, thought it was because of upright rows but this go round I skipped them so it's bench since that's where I feel the pain first during the workout.

Any tips?

I'm not seeing upright rows in this program. Are you adding or replacing movements?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I'm not seeing upright rows in this program. Are you adding or replacing movements?
    Upright rows are intended to replace curls on the core program. As Allpro put it "if i dont put in curls, no one will do the program, or the first thing they will ask is how to program in curls".

Any tips?

Slight decline bench can help with shoulders. If you have a power cage with safety bars, you can reverse grip bench which also helps with shoulder issues. Do not reverse grip with a spotter nor safety straps. If an accident happens the bar is going to end up in your teeth or adam's apple.

BennyBackshots is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, I've been doing this routine for a few months now. My new job has me working abroad during the week, so I have access to weights from Friday evening to Monday morning. Is it realistic to cram 3 workouts within that span? Should I split them between two weekends with a 4 day rest period? Or is it ultimately not worth trying to follow this routine with such a wonky schedule? Thanks.
    Last edited by BennyBackshots; 09-17-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Originally Posted by BennyBackshots View Post
    Hey, I've been doing this routine for a few months now. My new job has me working abroad during the week, so I have access to weights from Friday evening to Monday morning. Is it realistic to cram 3 workouts within that span? Should I split them between two weekends with a 4 day rest period? Or is it ultimately not worth trying to follow this routine with such a wonky schedule? Thanks.
    Best bet is to "cram 3 workouts within that span" but use the auto regulated version i linked to in the first or second post. the 4 day rest will actually be a benefit for your connective tissue. The only change i would make is to stop at 24 reps on the first day back after the 4 day rest and dont count the first day back from the 4 day rest, as a test/pass day. Use the 2nd workout for testing, if you get 24 reps, bump for the 3rd workout.

Zookie181 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reverse Hyper

I was wondering about incorporating the use of reverse hyper in here and a more BB aesthetic regiment if applicable.

Originally Posted by Zookie181 View Post
    I was wondering about incorporating the use of reverse hyper in here and a more BB aesthetic regiment if applicable.
    I would not add any dynamic lower back nor over head pushes. The program is pretty much at the recovery limit of those groups already.

belblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi,

after a couple years of no lifting (life...) i want to get back on this program. Am looking for a bit of advice though. First some stats: 46 yo male, 93 kgs for 1m87 (bmi 26.5, no idea about fat percentage but it ain't pretty) so a bit overweight. I also like to run ( will do a marathon next year in October) so doing slow runs a few times a week right now and crosstrain in cycling from time to time as well.
    I have two goals: get in shape/lose weight and gain some strength in the process. Not looking to get really big, just better composed .

I was thinking of doing 1 or 2 cycles on a cut to kickstart my weight loss (and start conservatively with the weights to keep progressing and making my body get used to lifting) and combining with running and/or cycling at least 3 times a week. Starting with a bulk would only increase my weight at first and I'm not ready to do that (neither are my clothes ).

How would you go about this? Any advice on how to start this journey?

Unhappy Snap city

I ****ed up my lower back/right hip WARMING UP WITH THE EMPTY BAR.

Going up from the hole, second warm up set and fourth rep in, I felt a bad stretch/pop/pain in my lower right back on the way up.

Immediately knew this was bad. My back immediately starting tensing up like a stiff board. By the time I (barely) got home, I could barely move without being in extreme pain. I was bed ridden for 2 days.

This was a few days ago and I'm getting better slowly but I'm absolutely SCARED of squatting again. This happened warming up, can't imagine if I had my heavy set on there!

I know I need to strengthen my core to avoid this issue again. And eventually, once my core stabilization is where I want it, I'll go back to squatting. But in the meantime . . .

My question is: can I substitute bulgarian split squat for high bar squat in this program?

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Going up from the hole, second warm up set and fourth rep in, I felt a bad stretch/pop/pain in my lower right back on the way up.

Immediately knew this was bad. My back immediately starting tensing up like a stiff board. By the time I (barely) got home, I could barely move without being in extreme pain. I was bed ridden for 2 days.

This was a few days ago and I'm getting better slowly but I'm absolutely SCARED of squatting again. This happened warming up, can't imagine if I had my heavy set on there!

I know I need to strengthen my core to avoid this issue again. And eventually, once my core stabilization is where I want it, I'll go back to squatting. But in the meantime . . .

My question is: can I substitute bulgarian split squat for high bar squat in this program?
    You have agonizing back pain and you think you will be fine doing split squats? Maybe get an mri first...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Only subs are box squat and zercher squat. I would try a very high box squat to see if you didnt end up in snap city. hell you might try sitting on and getting up from a chair with your hands on your hips first.

Originally Posted by belblade View Post
    hi,

after a couple years of no lifting (life...) i want to get back on this program. Am looking for a bit of advice though. First some stats: 46 yo male, 93 kgs for 1m87 (bmi 26.5, no idea about fat percentage but it ain't pretty) so a bit overweight. I also like to run ( will do a marathon next year in October) so doing slow runs a few times a week right now and crosstrain in cycling from time to time as well.
    I have two goals: get in shape/lose weight and gain some strength in the process. Not looking to get really big, just better composed .

I was thinking of doing 1 or 2 cycles on a cut to kickstart my weight loss (and start conservatively with the weights to keep progressing and making my body get used to lifting) and combining with running and/or cycling at least 3 times a week. Starting with a bulk would only increase my weight at first and I'm not ready to do that (neither are my clothes ).

How would you go about this? Any advice on how to start this journey?
    You can certainly run/bike 3 a week on allpro with no modifications. But i see no point in running any program for only 2 cycles /months. If you cant get six months out of a program, i wouldnt even start it.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    You have agonizing back pain and you think you will be fine doing split squats? Maybe get an mri first...
    I am not trying to rush back, but when I return I want to pick a lower body exercise that puts less stress on my back while still working my core.

As far as the MRI, maybe, but it's been a few weeks and I'm 85% healthy so probably not worth it at this point.

Only subs are box squat and zercher squat. I would try a very high box squat to see if you didnt end up in snap city. hell you might try sitting on and getting up from a chair with your hands on your hips first.
    I don't want to return until I'm not feeling any pain, so that might be another couple of weeks, guess I can start with box squats cuz I'm scared lol. Going to do some core stability work until I start the cycle again.

1. Reason why just those 2 exercises? Not arguing, I just like to understand the why behind things.

2. I'm going to miss maybe a month, do I have to retest? Where or how to I pick back up when I do?

Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!

I am not trying to rush back, but when I return I want to pick a lower body exercise that puts less stress on my back while still working my core.

As far as the MRI, maybe, but it's been a few weeks and I'm 85% healthy so probably not worth it at this point.

I don't want to return until I'm not feeling any pain, so that might be another couple of weeks, guess I can start with box squats cuz I'm scared lol. Going to do some core stability work until I start the cycle again.

1. Reason why just those 2 exercises? Not arguing, I just like to understand the why behind things.

2. I'm going to miss maybe a month, do I have to retest? Where or how to I pick back up when I do?

Thanks for all your help, it's much appreciated!
    1) You have to balance the routine with the SLDL. This means "a full knee hinge" just like the SLDL means "a full hip hinge". and you want it to be quad heavy. So you could try other exercises, but split squats are not full knee hinge.

2) work capacity will go down astronomically, but working weight will not. So your reps will be in the toilet. So you could do a 1-2 week ramp up where you start off with sets of three till you are comfortable, then work back up to 10 reps over 5-10 sessions over 1-2 weeks. Or like you said you could just retest, and have an easy pass on test day.

Protanoia is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, new poster here. Been following this program since June and already lost 30 lbs. Thank you so much. I have a few questions.

I'm having a hard time reaching reps on bench press and military press on the 11th and 12th rep week in my 3rd and 4th cycle, other exercises are fine. Do you think I need to add a different upper body exercise? I think I'm quite weak in this department.

Also, when I add a 10% weight on the next cycle, if its like 112.5 lbs, should I go with 110 or 115? Since weights in my gym are only divisible by 5.

Originally Posted by Protanoia View Post
    Hi, new poster here. Been following this program since June and already lost 30 lbs. Thank you so much. I have a few questions.

I'm having a hard time reaching reps on bench press and military press on the 11th and 12th rep week in my 3rd and 4th cycle, other exercises are fine. Do you think I need to add a different upper body exercise? I think I'm quite weak in this department.

Also, when I add a 10% weight on the next cycle, if its like 112.5 lbs, should I go with 110 or 115? Since weights in my gym are only divisible by 5.
    For weight adding, you go over, not under. The pattern doesnt work if you do say 5% increments, 10% is the min before the deload ends up being 2-3 weeks out of the 5 week cycle.

For most people who stall on the OHP and bench, i recomend a few sets of a very heavy weight, at the end of the workout. This could be 110-130% of your heavy day working weight. You are aiming for just a few reps, so if you end up with say 4 reps, you are going way too light. You want like 2-3 sets of 1, or 1-2 sets of 2, or like 1 set of 3. you can do this at the end of every workout. However if you add too many reps, it will cause a stall, thats why i recommend only a few reps total. When allpro was originally written, even adding 2 warmup sets to the OHP was enough to cause a stall.

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good Bro.

Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100) Raquel0 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Helpfull.