Closed Thread
Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336
Results 10,051 to 10,061 of 10061
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I read that the cartoonist got his twitter deleted for posting this.
    He deleted it because his wife and daughter were being targeted on social media and he's received death threats.

Let's face it even if his illustration didn't "reduce one of the greatest sportswomen alive to racist and sexist tropes" to quote the Harry Potter author who was also outraged by it "CAN YOU JUST LET HER WIN?" says it all really. She played every card in the deck on the way to losing — the race card, the sexism card, the "I'm a mother" card, the "you will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live", "you're a thief" card, "you owe me an apology" card, before running out of cards and turning on the tears.

Welcome to the world we live in. Serena completely ruined Osaka's moment — something that wasn't done to Serena when she won her first grand slam — and behaved more like a bully than a champion. Yet she's the victim. An angry, outraged mob has turned their turrets on Ramos, an Australian cartoonist, and anyone critical of Williams. Even her opponent copped a wave of boos and apologized for winning.

"You know how many other men do things...there are a lot of men who say a lot things, and because they are men, nothing happens to them...”

Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    He deleted it because his wife and daughter were being targeted on social media and he's received death threats.

Let's face it even if his illustration didn't "reduce one of the greatest sportswomen alive to racist and sexist tropes" to quote the Harry Potter author who was also outraged by it "CAN YOU JUST LET HER WIN?" says it all really. She played every card in the deck on the way to losing — the race card, the sexism card, the "I'm a mother" card, the "you will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live", "you're a thief" card, "you owe me an apology" card, before running out of cards and turning on the tears.

Welcome to the world we live in. Serena completely ruined Osaka's moment — something that wasn't done to Serena when she won her first grand slam — and behaved more like a bully than a champion. Yet she's the victim. An angry, outraged mob has turned their turrets on Ramos, an Australian cartoonist, and anyone critical of Williams. Even her opponent copped a wave of boos and apologized for winning.

"You know how many other men do things...there are a lot of men who say a lot things, and because they are men, nothing happens to them...”

1. Serena's behavior was reprehensible. She alone had the best opportunity to avoid or de-escalate the confrontation and she didn't.
    2. Serena playing the race, gender, mother, and all of the other cards she played was also reprehensible.
    3. Serena did, in fact, ruin the moment of a lifetime for Osaka.
    4. Serene is a victim of her own behavior only
    5. This cartoonist's family should not have death threats over a cartoon. I mean, seriously, wtf?!?

Even with all that being true, the cartoon is nevertheless racist and very offensive.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    Even with all that being true, the cartoon is nevertheless racist and very offensive.
    He's a political cartoonist so all his caricatures have exaggerated features whether that's Donald Trump or Kim Jong-un. I agree he showed insensitivity to racial illustrations from a century ago that we never want to see again and therefore sailed too close to the wind and got it wrong. The newspaper in question has actually doubled down defending his illustrations. If you look at his other caricatures they are by no means flattering to the subject. You could argue he had no racist intent and simply applied the same standard he would to Trump or anyone else. In this case his subject was female and African-American and he's paying the price for it.

Spoiler!

Just to make it clear I am not defending his illustration. I'm pointing out how wrong her statements were with McEnroe being a case in point. Anyway back to Williams' behavior.

I never got coaching. I explained that to you and for you to attack my character then something is wrong. You're attacking my character. Yes you are. You owe me an apology. 'You will never, ever, ever be on another court of mine as long as you live. You are the liar. When are you going to give me my apology? You owe me an apology. 'Say it, say you're sorry. Then don't talk to me, don't talk to me. How dare you insinuate I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You're a thief too.'
    Funny how she says she wasn't coached when her coach admitted he was coaching, then she proceeds to say he's attacking her character while she blatantly attacked his own character and called his credibility as an umpire into question by accusing him of being sexist, and then says he will never umpire her matches again.

I'm surprised this guy still has a job at ESPN after telling the truth.

tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tightteeshirt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    at what page do we get to start tennis thread part 2?

Damn you're right, we're at 10K so it's time for a sequel. Someone create one in the next couple of days and I'll link it here on the last page and close it. This is Tuga's thread so it might be best to wait until he reads this.

ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ohiostate124 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone see this rumor that umpires are talking about possibly boycotting her matches?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...fied-_-TWITTER

Also pretty chitty that he only got paid $450 for the match.
    US NAVY

Redskins/Buckeyes/Federer

I know no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark.

MAGA

Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Anyone see this rumor that umpires are talking about possibly boycotting her matches?
    Would be a nice reminder the sport is bigger than Serena Williams.

Not as bad as Serena against Clijsters and Osaka but even the men have form when it comes to taking the shine off an underdog's win.

2009 AO final Federer turned on the tears and selfishly made Nadal's moment about himself. Nadal was full of class and made it a little less awkward by putting his arm around him but that definitely wasn't a highlight for Federer.

2009 US Open final Federer had a meltdown by his standards ranting about del Potro's delay in challenging calls. Took the shine off Delpo's moment with a controversy about Hawk-Eye.

2014 AO final Nadal was booed by the crowd after going off court for an MTO without an explanation down a set and a break to Wawrinka. After the match it was all about his mysterious back injury which was so serious he was back on the tour and winning 3 weeks later.

2016 US Open final Toevak Sockovic made an appearance putting yet another asterisk next to one of Stanimal's slams.

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    1. Serena's behavior was reprehensible. She alone had the best opportunity to avoid or de-escalate the confrontation and she didn't.
    2. Serena playing the race, gender, mother, and all of the other cards she played was also reprehensible.
    3. Serena did, in fact, ruin the moment of a lifetime for Osaka.
    4. Serene is a victim of her own behavior only
    5. This cartoonist's family should not have death threats over a cartoon. I mean, seriously, wtf?!?

If someone’s making death threats over twitter/FB can’t they just track you IP address? I hope at the very least that these people are getting their accounts deleted.

The Tour should troll the hell out of Serena and schedule Ramos for her first match at the WTA Finals.

Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000) Puntingbrah is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I need to quit wasting my time writing long winded posts to blind people.
    You're a self confessed Fed fanboy. Nothing you read will convince you otherwise but the more Novak adds to his tally the less you can deny his superiority.

Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn you're right, we're at 10K so it's time for a sequel. Someone create one in the next couple of days and I'll link it here on the last page and close it. This is Tuga's thread so it might be best to wait until he reads this.
    That's very nice of you brah...for the longest time it seemed like there was only 3-4 of us participating ITT, can't believe we finally hit 10k lol.

Here it is:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176201841
    There is but one path....we kill them all.