Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by stillhot View Post
    everyone here is really strong and tough......
    Hell yeah. I can lift 800lbs. Not all at once, mind you, but let's not nitpick.
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread has been pure win.

Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    msmoob negged me too.. What a nerd lol. I bet he lives at home with his parents.
    If you threaten people with a neg, you need to get out more... it's only an online forum lol.

SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50) SLO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm with everything msm00b said so far. LOL at "6 min of hell" being some interval "sprints" of ~8 min/mile and ~6 min/mile paces.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Larry.Mitchell View Post
    What a nerd lol. I bet he lives at home with his parents.
    You have me all figured out.

seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seaves88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    You completely missed the point. It was never my intent to "poo poo" on anyone for being out of shape ... it was simply a matter of miss-labeling and then going on to wildly exaggerate the amount of calories burned. Like I said, you're being way too hypersensitive here. Byinlarge, I've been nothing but supportive and (at least attempting this next part) helpful in providing reasonable information to those looking to lose weight. It's just funny how soft/fuzzy this forum has because - in attitude.

Simplest way to get around it? Just say - walk fast for a minute, then jog/run at a decent pace for a minute, and then cycle sprints/rest without quantification. Congratulations! That's HIIT and will kick anyone's ass if they push themselves. It would be about like a newb lifter coming in here and saying "dude, I have the most awesome bench press routine! First you press the bar up 15 times, then you put a plate on a press that 6 times ... and then you put another 25 on there and lift that for 3 sets 2 reps, only 1 minute break!!" And then going on to wildly exaggerate the amount of calories you burned.

For me (and definitely for you) that bench press routine would be complete ass. So yeah, I'm cranky and I came off a bit harsh, but the point stands: 8mph ain't a sprint, and neither is 10mph really. 10mph is pretty fast, but still not a sprint by any standards. And I'm sorry, but I don't care if you weight 300lbs - there's no way that the posted routine on a treadmill is going to burn 100 calories. The average US male of average weight/height/muscle-mass will burn approximately 100 (+/-) per mile run. Doing the posted routine might get you 1/3 to 1/2 of a mile ... I'm honestly too lazy t do the math.

Man-hug anyone?

No? Alright, I'm gonna go pass out for a few hours.

Peace.

-Edit: spelling
    A sprint, by definition, is to move at top speed for a brief period. Whether that is 8mph or 15mph it does not matter. Just sayin'..

Originally Posted by seaves88 View Post
    A sprint, by definition, is to move at top speed for a brief period. Whether that is 8mph or 15mph it does not matter. Just sayin'..
    No, the word "sprint" is more accurately defined as a type of running with a specific type of movement kinesiology. If a dude weighs 400lbs and isn't capable of more than a 3-4mph jog/hobble ... is 3-4mph for him a sprint? No, he's still jog/hobbling ... he's just not physically capable of sprinting.

Walking
    Jogging
    Running
    Sprinting

You use your body completely differently in all of these types of exercises. You work your muscles in very different ways. While the speed of the "sprint" can vary pretty dramatically depending on the person in question, the actual character or the movement will be pretty similar. Call me nitpicky, but I've never seen an 8mph "sprint". This isn't to toot my horn, but rather to make an example. At my peak of short/medium distance running in highschool, I could run a 4:17 mile. That's nearly 15mph sustained for a mile. I wasn't 'sprinting' ... the stride is completely different. Can I sprint at 15mph? Yes. Can I "run" at 15mph? Yes, but you can bet your ass I can't do it for very far anymore.

For the record, I've never been any good at sprinting. It's not really a type of running you can do with only one Quadriceps (unlike walking/jogging/running which can be managed - though somewhat awkwardly).

Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, the word "sprint" is more accurately defined as a type of running with a specific type of movement kinesiology. If a dude weighs 400lbs and isn't capable of more than a 3-4mph jog/hobble ... is 3-4mph for him a sprint? No, he's still jog/hobbling ... he's just not physically capable of sprinting.

Walking
    Jogging
    Running
    Sprinting

You use your body completely differently in all of these types of exercises. You work your muscles in very different ways. While the speed of the "sprint" can vary pretty dramatically depending on the person in question, the actual character or the movement will be pretty similar. Call me nitpicky, but I've never seen an 8mph "sprint". This isn't to toot my horn, but rather to make an example. At my peak of short/medium distance running in highschool, I could run a 4:17 mile. That's nearly 15mph sustained for a mile. I wasn't 'sprinting' ... the stride is completely different. Can I sprint at 15mph? Yes. Can I "run" at 15mph? Yes, but you can bet your ass I can't do it for very far anymore.

For the record, I've never been any good at sprinting. It's not really a type of running you can do with only one Quadriceps (unlike walking/jogging/running which can be managed - though somewhat awkwardly).
    What about midgets or children?

shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shawn2691 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

so I don't know if you've ever seen the series house, but does your leg look like his or something?

constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50) constantcut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by seaves88 View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! You are correct sir.

sprint   /sprɪnt/ Show Spelled
    [sprint] Show IPA

–verb (used without object)
    1. to race or move at full speed, especially for a short distance, as in running, rowing, etc.
    –verb (used with object)
    2. to traverse in sprinting: to sprint a half mile.
    –noun
    3. a short race at full speed.
    4. a burst of speed at any point during a long race, as near the finish line.
    5. a brief spell of great activity.

Now this thread has been fun. I must admit. But I got important shidd to do. Its Saturday, I am going out and enjoy the sun with the wife and kids. NO "sprinting" involved.
    “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.”

Rep if you like my post. I rap bck.

musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) musculoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This thread has been pure win.
    lol not bashing, but every time I see one of your posts, I can almost always expect to see the next 2-3 pages of the thread related to something you said or people pissed off at you. :/

Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by musculoid View Post
    lol not bashing, but every time I see one of your posts, I can almost always expect to see the next 2-3 pages of the thread related to something you said or people pissed off at you. :/
    and yet his positive rep exceeds the negative thrown at him. Proof that people are just too sensative when targeted directly.

BBenti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BBenti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    will try today !
    Proud, but never satisfied.

Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Larry.Mitchell has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by musculoid View Post
    He's a keyboard warrior, that's why. Big man online, quiet as a mouse in person.
    If you threaten people with a neg, you need to get out more... it's only an online forum lol.

jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ur defacits are making u all whiny
    Working towards green

Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000) Aussieguy101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your much better off going to a park or track and doing sprint intervals properly

There are many variations of a sprint interval workout

My favourite is to pyramid up , 50 m, then 100 m, then 200 m, then 400m, then back down again

Equal length jog.

The problem with short intervals on a treadmill like the 25 seconds you are doing is it takes the treadmill a certain amount of time to get to that speed. Much more natural to sprint outside

Longer intervals (2-3 minutes) are ideal of a treadmill